Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1238 - One After the Other - Day 5

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Nobody had much to do in that placid, quiet neighborhood at the edges of Florida. The elderly living there led a boring, sedentary life much like the forum mafia nerds of today. Only with more quiet and less fapping. But, all reasonable not that bad things must come to an end via plot device and Murphy's Law, amirite? And so it happened.

On a frightful day of September 7th, 13 youth came in with their parents to join the neighborhood, each of them being sent an unanimous letter telling them that here is the place where they will fulfill their ultimate destiny, where they would be given a new shine, where they will skyrocket their careers. The old residents of the place, however, were not as excited - what with their emo hair, geeky glasses, loud music and the bad omen their number, 13, would bring upon the place. And they were not that far from the truth.

The weirdness started the next day, when a great oak came crashing down an old cat lady's house, killing five of her pets. She wasn't there to be hurt, but when she figured out that it's probably the newcomer's fault, she started screaming at the lot, ultimately succumbing to a heart attack because of stress. And that wasn't the only fatality - stray dogs were laying eviscerated on the streets. And the youth were waiting patiently in two large houses where they were accommodated, growing weary of the "fame" and fortune that WASN'T coming at their doorsteps.

Then, the next morning, two things happened at the same time. Grumpy old Mr. Johnson was shot by a hidden sniper while he was walking his dog, and the youth received an anonymous call to get to the central square as fast as possible. Naturally, they made haste to get there as soon as possible, cash signs glowing on their eyeballs.

They were met there by a sleek black Lexus limousine. Polished rims, electrically opaqued windows, stickers on front depicting golden revolvers, everything you would expect...not from an economist. The next moment, the back door opened, and they were greeted by a bald man in a black suit with faggot white gloves. Giving them an insane looking smile, he started laughing his ass off. Then, without further ado, he took an Uzi from beneath his tuxedo and splattered one of the youth's brains on the street.

Meransiel - Strongman CPR Doctor
, Killed Pregame

While everyone else was in shock and fearing for their lives, the murderer started talking, with a hint RP Brittish accent.

"Headshot biotch! Ya just got OWNED! And not just him, na. Ya'll meet your ends here, boys. Cause I'll tell you a secret. Not all of you are innocent lesbian nicepants. Na-ah! Some of you are with me. And those will make sure the rest of you - and the nice old people in the neighborhood - bite the dust. And MY ASS!"

Before anyone else could react, he was back in his limousine and gone. But they all knew that wouldn't solve anything. They had to find the culprits, and fast. They came here united, bond by their common hate for stupid old people. But now they must investigate, and chase, and accuse, and lynch - and go One After the Other!

Some Rules
0: I have all the authority as the mod, all of it. I promise to be as just, fair and consistent as humanly possible, but reserve the right to change anything in case I make a mistake.
1: Unless otherwise specifically specified (that's very specific) by me and only me, you may not discuss the game outside the thread. Doing so will result in a mod kill or replacement of all involved and me being a sad panda. In the same vein you may not quote any private communication from me or other players including PMs and quicktopic. Finally, you may not post the links to the quicktopics.
2: If you need my attention, either for questions or concerns, PM me or post in Orange Bold, I will be on the lookout for orange, bolded text and will respond to any querys in them as soon as possible.
3: Modkills will result in the mod-killed player immediately losing the game. I will also then take whatever action is deemed most detrimental (that is, worst) for the faction involved in the modkill, this may include ending the day early (for a town modkill), not ending the day (for a scum modkill) or anything else that seems appropriate at the time.
4: Blue is mine, you cannot have it.

Gameplay
5: Votes must be in bold and typed as so: Vote: PlayerName. I would very much appreciate the use of vote tags by typing [*vote]Name of Person[*/vote] without the asterisks (*'s). While i will accept any bolded vote, i may not notice votes that are not in the vote tags, so save yourself and myself some time and use them tags."
6: You do not have to unvote (using the unvote tags) before re-voting, but it is preferred as it will make my life easier and making the mod's life easier means a smoother game.
7: You may vote for No Lynch as he is immune to lynches and thus doing so ends the day without anyone dying from a lynch.
8: Lynches are reached instantly upon a majority (half + 1) of votes on a single player. If the timeline expires without a lynch being reached, no-one will be lynched and the game will proceed to Night.
9: If you absolutely must make a bah post, PM me the post before you post it, i will clear it or not. If i do not clear your proposed bah post, you may not make it.
10: Once a majority is reached the game enters the Twilight phase. You may continue to post during the Twilight phase, which lasts from the moment of majority to when i next check and lock the thread, but no votes made during the Twilight phase will be counted.
11: Standard MafiaScum rules apply. No secret codes, no invisible text and no editing posts. If you're worried that something you are considering may be in violation of these rules, PM me with a query about your intended action first and i will tell you if it's ok or not.
12: I will be using Natural Action Resolution to determine action results at night.
13: Any of the roles specifically listed as Normal on The Wiki. In addition, there may be one other role that does not appear on that page but does not use any explicitly non-normal mechanics.

Deadlines and Such
14: Days will default to lasting 3 weeks. The time may be extended under certain circumstances, such as a late replacement.
14.1: If deadline is reached without a majority vote, a No Lynch will occur and the game will proceed to Night phase.

15: Nights will end when i have recieved all night actions or when 48 hours have elapsed, whichever comes first. Players with night actions who do not wish to use those actions should send a 'no action' PM so as to not delay the night.
15.1: If 48 hours elapse and a player has not submitted an action, that action is forfeit.

16: Avoid lurking. While it is technically a strategy, it only really ruins the game for everyone else. Any player who does not post at least once every 48 hours will be poked. If i have to poke a player too many times, or the poke is not responded to, the player will be replaced.
17: If you will be unable to post for an extended period of time (more than 48 hours) due to meatspace concerns, please notify me ahead of time either in PM or in the thread.

Other Things
18: Mafia is an aggressive game, many players use aggression and\or insults as part of their play strategy. There are, however, limits. If a player is acting inappropriately action will be taken. The line is rather fuzzy and situationally dependant, so if you're worried you might be going to far, you probably are.
19: First and foremost, mafia is a game. That means the primary goal is to have fun. HOWEVER, players who deliberately and knowingly play against their team's win condition will be frowned upon and probably replaced.

Sample Townie Role PM

Code: Select all

You are a Townie.
You possess no admirable qualities, just your vote. Use it wisely for you are otherwise hapless and squishy.

Abilities:
[Day] - 1 Vote

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated or nothing can prevent the same.

Confirm via PM.

Twistedspoon is my backup mod. Should I be away for any reason, he is to take charge of the game. I assure you this will not happen, however.

Still Alive for whatever reason:

8. chkflip
Friend

9. Whispersilk*
10. Whiskers*
11. Junpei
Pseudonymous

12. Killjoy*

Predictably dead:

Zdenek - Vanilla Town
, lynched day 1
Thirdkoopa - Vanilla Town
, shot night 1
monk - Vanilla Town
, lynched day 2
Empking - Mafia Godfather
, lynched day 3
Hiraki - Vanilla Town
, shot night 3
Nobody Special
Mute
- Town Roleblocker
, lynched day 4
BBmolla
Ashblade*
- Vanilla Town
, killed night 4

They pissed old people off (modkilled):

none yet (keep it that way)

Shit happens:

End of Day 1
End of Day 2
End of Day 3
End of Day 4
Last edited by Meransiel on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:02 am, edited 19 times in total.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:24 am

Post by Meransiel »

Since 9 out of 12 players confirmed, the thread is open. Expect the vote counts to be much apart. Oh, and have fun guys!
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Killjoy »

In post 0, Meransiel wrote:Nobody had much to do in that placid, quiet neighborhood at the edges of Florida. The elderly living there led a boring, sedentary life much like the forum mafia nerds of today. Only with more quiet and less fapping. But, all reasonable not that bad things must come to an end via plot device and Murphy's Law, amirite? And so it happened.

I laughed at this post.

Vote: koopa
I only play mafia during the week days.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Empking »

Vote; Killjoy
- You stole my first post.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 am

Post by Killjoy »

Why isn't that vote like the others I have seen?

And I am planning on getting an avatar within the next few hours.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Empking »

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: KIilljoy[/b]
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 am

Post by monk »

VOTE: Killjoy

Are you voting or not? Doesn't look like it
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Killjoy »

Vote: Koopa

Thank you.

Yes I am voting.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:34 am

Post by monk »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: pseudonymous
I don't like pseudonyms
Modding:
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:42 am

Post by Meransiel »

In post 4, Killjoy wrote:And I am planning on getting an avatar within the next few hours.

If it is a pony/unicorn/horse, you are getting modkilled.
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:42 am

Post by Killjoy »

In post 9, Meransiel wrote:
In post 4, Killjoy wrote:And I am planning on getting an avatar within the next few hours.

Is that a bet?
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Mute »

In post 9, Meransiel wrote:

Don't temp fate.
vote Hiraki
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Ashblade »

VOTE: Thirdkoopa

I have heard from a reliable source that Thirdkoopa is a pinata, if we lynch him we all win candy.

We will not deny the acquisition of sweets.
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Hiraki »

Vote: Mute
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote. Vote: Monk
- Two random votes, the first a second vote.
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Killjoy »

Why did you feel the need to point that out?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Friend »

VOTE: Whiskers

In post 14, Empking wrote:

Why is this a scumtell?

Killjoy, I assume this is your first game. What brought you to Mafiascum? Do you have other experience with mafia?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Empking »

In post 15, Killjoy wrote:Why did you feel the need to point that out?

Its scummy. This is because (
Friend
) it suggests that he thinks he might lose something from voting you. This is only possibly true for mafia.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 am

Post by monk »

I set a trap, I didn't think you'd be the one to set it off, disappointing empking

VOTE: Empking
Modding:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Empking »

In post 18, monk wrote:

I set a trap, I didn't think you'd be the one to set it off, disappointing empking

I honestly laughed at this. Really, that's what you're going with?

Anyone up for Lynch Alll Trap-Setters. That has to be the worst excuse ever used in mafia and I haven't seen it for so long.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Friend »

In post 18, monk wrote:

What in the hell?

UNVOTE: Whiskers
VOTE: Monk

This feels like scum trying to cover their tracks for something that somebody else found scummy. No way was monk trying to set a trap - I just don't buy it.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 am

Post by whispersilk »

VOTE: Friend

Because he is opportunistic.

This vote is subject to change once I understand what just happened while I was trying to post.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:07 am

Post by whispersilk »

Empking, what did you mean by your original comment with your vote change, and monk, what exactly was your trap and what was it supposed to prove? I don't get it.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Whiskers »

Fuck I am falling down all of these stairs.

I missed RVS!

IT KEEPS.
HAPPENING!

No, you don't lynch trap setters, traps are inherently pro-town.
VOTE: Whispersilk.

I fucking hate vote tags, can I just use bold?
Goddamn ninjas.
UNVOTE: Whispersilk
VOTE: pseudonymous
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Friend »

In post 21, whispersilk wrote:VOTE: Friend

Because he is opportunistic.

This vote is subject to change once I understand what just happened while I was trying to post.

Empking ninja'd me. I was literally typing the same thing he was saying but I decided to post it anyways because it makes sense.

Why do you consider wagoning opportunistic?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”