StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 338 Jungle Republic StefanBversion

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:50 am

Post by StefanB »

Hello to all the players. Mafia/Werewolves a lot of problems for the town. Those players are in, our brave heroes or villains: Order from the in:
iamausername/Elmo

Yosarian2

Cobblerfone

Sir Bastion

Rhinox
(proded Day 2)
Primate
(Twice proded Day 1) (and once Day 3)
scooby

havingfitz (kondi2424)

Hiraki (princesskdw)

TheOtherFiction

funkybike1 (MaxMontag)
(proded Day 1)
crypto

Bold means confirmed.

Death:
Spoiler:
Day 1: Cobblerfone lynched He was a
townie

Night 1: crypto nightkilled He was a
townie

Day 2: havingfitz lynched: He was a
townie

Night 2: Hiraki nightkilled: He was a
town

Day 3: funkybike1 lynched: He was a
townie

Night 3: Rhinox nightkilled: He was
mafia

Day 4: Yosarian2 lynched: He was a
werewolf
Last edited by StefanB on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 am, edited 19 times in total.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 am

Post by StefanB »

The rules stolen from Gammagooey, so indirectly stolen from Faraday and Vi:

RULES
--Big overall stuff
1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM. Using timestamps of PMs to try to discover alignments will get you modkilled, as will posting any quicktopic you may have or copy+pasting from it.
4) Don't be a jerk to the other players. I'll give you a warning if you get out of hand but continued breaking of this or any other rule will result in either a force-replace or modkill.
5) A modkill will occur if a player has broken a rule that compromises the integrity of the game or blatantly breaks rules despite warnings. I will kill you, change your alignment to Neutral Survivor, and end the way that is worst for your faction. So Mafia/werewolf day continues.
6) Play to win- Don't bring outside grudges into the game, and outing your mafia buddies OR pretending to out your mafia buddies will result in a modkill and possibly other penalties to your faction.

--Voting, Lynching, and deaths
7) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: StefanB
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. Shortening a player's name is fine but I must be able to tell who you're referring to-If it looks like a vote for the player and it reasonably can't be seen as vote for another one it will count. (no voting tricks)
8) Unvotes aren't necessary when changing votes, but are nice. They can also be used to remove your vote from wherever it currently is.
9) I will try to post one vote count every day, with more if necessary because of a lot of vote changes. If you want an extra one ask for it and I'll be happy to give you one. If one is wrong point it out in-thread and I'll correct it as soon as possible.
10) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
11) You may vote for a no lynch if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
12) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, except for one contentless "bah" post. It must be made relatively soon after your death.

--Activity & Deadlines
13) Try to stay active- if you can no longer keep up with the thread due to real life issues send me a PM and I'll begin looking for a replacement.
14) Prods will be issued after three days in a row without posting. If you're due for your 3rd prod and you've recieved at least one prod in the current or previous game day I'll replace you instead. Players may request a prod on another player too if I forget or you want it done faster than the regular votecount.
14a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I'll begin looking for a replacement.
15) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
16) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks.
17) In the event of a deadline being reached without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch.
18) Nights will have a 2 and a half day (60 hour) deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. You may send in an action in advance if you think you won't be there for the actual night period. The night scene may not exactly be up after 60 hours, but give or take an hour or 10 and it will be.
19) Deadlines may be extended if multiple players are on V/LA over the time deadline would expire or replacements have been needed throughout the day or in other circumstances. They will not be extended if nobody is posting or for other similar reasons.

--Other Stuff
20) I call dibs on red font (left one). Don't use it.
21) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't try to exploit it, or you will be modkilled.
22) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
23) Flavour in any modscenes is only flavor. It will not give insights to the alignments of any player in them and you can understand all of the mod-info from the deaths below any flavor that is given.
24) Don't use codes or cryptography to gain an advantage for massclaims or other situations. Using size tags or other BBCode to hide things is also not allowed. As an exception you May use breadcrumbs or other simple methods of hiding information that use small changes or indications in otherwise regular posts. If you've got a question about what's acceptable PM me before using it.
25) If you don't agree to follow these rules then send me a PM before the game starts and I'll find a replacement for you.
26) Have fun!
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:14 am

Post by StefanB »

The following roles are in the game:
3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Townies
1 Seer

Sample rolepms:

Mafia Goon

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Werewolf

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Werewolf, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, you or your partner may perform the group nightkill.
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are werewolves and at least one pro-town role remains, or if you obtain full majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Vanilla Townie

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Seer

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Seer.
Abilities:

Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Werewolf/Not Werewolf.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 am

Post by StefanB »

Setup will now be created and RolePMs sent.

Done, game starts when 10 people have confirmed. Scum can talk in their quicktopics for one and a half day (would be Sunday 7:20 in my timezone) or until everone has confirmed, whatever comes later.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by StefanB »

Game starts now:
Votecount at the moment:
iamausername(0)
Yosarian2(0)
Cobblerfone(0)
Sir Bastion(0)
Rhinox(0)
Primate(0)
scooby(0)
kondi2424(0)
princesskdw(0)
TheOtherFiction(0)
MaxMontag(0)
crypto(0)
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

(expired on 2011-10-18 10:50:12)
Have fun!!!!
Last edited by StefanB on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

VOTE Primate

Cause I have no stakes this time :D
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Vote: Yosarian2

Mwahahahaha.

@kondi: Are you going to be an awesome scumhunter again?
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Hello cobblerfone! Good luck have fun!

We Havnt played yet! But I really wanted that spot on 1148 that became open...

But you got it :(

Saying that I'm worried about the late start to this game I hope it picks up.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Rhinox »

vote: Cobblerfone
for sucking up to other players
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Rhinox!

(dont know you either...)

I want to keep this game active so random question!

How did you die in the game you mention in your sig?
Scum:

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Townread on Sir Bastion. Though I'm not sure what good the question can do. Presumably the game isn't over so all he'd be able to say is whether he was lynched or killed.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh shoot, I forgot, 12 players. Do we no-lynch today or in mylo? Or do we not no-lynch with the way the setup is? I don't know what the usual procedure is in multiscum games with only one kill.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 10, Cobblerfone wrote:Townread on Sir Bastion. Though I'm not sure what good the question can do. Presumably the game isn't over so all he'd be able to say is whether he was lynched or killed.

Thanks for the brownie points?

No I am just trying to get people talking so we could move out of RVS quicker. This is only my 4th game (and I've only finished one where I was nightkilled the first night after I hammered a townie :( ) and so far out of the other 3, the 2 that stayed in RVS for quite a while ended up with really weak leads & for the first 3-4 pages & tunnelled scumhunting for most of day 1 while the 1 where we chatted for a bit and asked each other random questions and talked opened up a lot more options and helped get the game moving (a bit too moving we ended day one on 44pages)

For you Cobblerfone, I guess I cant ask you about 1148 :( so hmm Where you lynched or nightkilled in your last game? Or did you survive?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 11, Cobblerfone wrote:Oh shoot, I forgot, 12 players. Do we no-lynch today or in mylo? Or do we not no-lynch with the way the setup is? I don't know what the usual procedure is in multiscum games with only one kill.

I just checked the example games in the wiki. All the ones in the example lynched day 1

the ones where the werewolves won the mafia were lynched day 1 it seems

the one (yes only 1) where the mafia won the werewolf was lynched day 1

and town has won with a variety of openings on who was lynched first.

Dont see a case for a no lynch today.

This is my first time in jungle republic too, I have many questions about curious ways to play it.
Scum:

StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 am

Post by StefanB »

Votecount 1:

Primate: Sir Bastion
Yosarian2: Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone: Rhinox

Not Voting: iamausername, Yosarian2, Primate, scooby, kondi2424, princesskdw, TheOtherFiction, MaxMontag, crypto

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is now permanent in post 4

Our last non confirmed players have now about 45 hours until I start to search for replacements.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

@Sir Bastion: It is public knowledge that in the game you reference I was lynched not long after replacing in on page 80. Can't say any more than that due to the game currently being ongoing.

@cobblerfone: you've now sucked up to both kondi and Bastion. I'm happy with where my vote is. It is a serious vote. Please explain your town read on Bastion. What has he done that makes you think he's distinctly town?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 15, Rhinox wrote:@Sir Bastion: It is public knowledge that in the game you reference I was lynched not long after replacing in on page 80. Can't say any more than that due to the game currently being ongoing.

@cobblerfone: you've now sucked up to both kondi and Bastion. I'm happy with where my vote is. It is a serious vote. Please explain your town read on Bastion. What has he done that makes you think he's distinctly town?

It's his attitude.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 15, Rhinox wrote:@Sir Bastion: It is public knowledge that in the game you reference I was lynched not long after replacing in on page 80. Can't say any more than that due to the game still going on

Awe shucks unlucky...

Were you scum or town?
Scum:

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Bastion, ask useful questions. You're begining to make me think your doing this on purpose as scum.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:14 am

Post by StefanB »

Please SirBastion, stopp the talk about ongoing games.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ok ok my mistake
Scum:

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 am

Post by iamausername »

Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?

Cobblerfone wrote:You're begining to make me think your doing this on purpose as scum.

What exactly do you mean by this? What is he 'doing on purpose'?

VOTE: TheOtherFiction

Why did you take so long to confirm?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 21, iamausername wrote:Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?
I think there are some merits either way. I'll just say either is fine, a scum lynch is a scum lynch at this point.

In post 16, Cobblerfone wrote:It's his attitude.
How vague... Can you elaborate on that?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 21, iamausername wrote:Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?

Cobblerfone wrote:You're begining to make me think your doing this on purpose as scum.

What exactly do you mean by this? What is he 'doing on purpose'?

VOTE: TheOtherFiction

Why did you take so long to confirm?

Asking meta related questions that don't tell us anything about the player's playstyle or anything that they would have to take their alignment into consideration for. Scum would want to do this because again, they wouldn't need to take their alignment into consideration for the conversation while making it seem like they're posting a lot.

In post 22, Rhinox wrote:
I think there are some merits either way. I'll just say either is fine, a scum lynch is a scum lynch at this point.

In post 16, Cobblerfone wrote:It's his attitude.
How vague... Can you elaborate on that?

Yes. It was his eagerness to try to move the thread along. This eagerness (combined with the fact that it's RVS) is the thing counteracting the above scumminess.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

So... you're saying only town would express eagerness in moving the thread along?

Also, you're giving him town points for his eagerness to move the thread along, in the same post where you basically say his questions are doing nothing to move the thread along? :?

Return to “Completed Open Games”