The State of Mafiascum

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

The State of Mafiascum

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:11 am

Post by AniX »

To my dear Mafiascum community-

As of this moment, 11/11/11 at 11:11, Daniel Anix has taken control of mafiascum.net. The website http://www.11thhour.net will demonstrate as much. I shall allow the other site to remain up, for a time, as to allow for your bookmarks to adjust. Know, however, that 11thhour.net is the true website. As it should be. To those who I am speaking to for the first time: Welcome. To those I have known for oh so long: Nice to see you again. For those who hate me or seek my destruction: I hope that time will bring you into the fold as well. You are as welcome as any other.

But on this date of the 11, a very different number comes into my mind as well: 2003. That was the year I first joined this site. Honestly, it doesn't seem that long ago. I remember even before that, going into scumchat and running Seinfeld Mafia (we played games in scumchat back then). And yet, here we are in 2011, over 8 years later. A lot has changed. New people have arrived, and many have become valued members of both the community and my social circle. Beloved members have left, many of who we mourn the loss of to this day. But throughout it all, mafiascum.net stood, a beacon in the great big internet for all those who enjoyed the game of mafia.

I remember when I first came up with that infamous idea that would propel me from weird sorta-known member to the premiere eccentric on the site. I speak, of course, of UPick. Back when I ran the first game, it was called “You Pick” and was little more than a modding experiment, designed to test to see if I could come up with flavor-rich roles and abilities in a short amount of time. It was well recieved and I ran it again. And then other people starting running it. And then it spread to the forum. And soon, people who didn't even know who I was had UPick on their minds. It was an experience, to be sure, and one I cherish.

Of course, UPick is not the only gimmick that has been attributed to me. My love of Dana Scully of X-Files fame is well-documented, both in the minds of older members and in my title. Mafiascum played witness to the evolution of my sexuality as I grew up and realized that I wasn't just a late bloomer. Mafiascum was there was I embraced my newly realized (lack of) sexuality and, in placing me as the resident self-experienced expert on it, made me better understand it myself. I am grateful.

In my earlier days, I had a gimmick known as Sense of Smell. Back then, it was played as nearly a joke, a nod to my ability to kind of sense mafia despite logic and reason telling me differently. What I didn't know was that my nose had nothing to do with it. It was the legacy I carried in my soul and the prophecy I was destined to fulfill. I was the embodiment of the cosmic force known as “The 11th Hour”, a power that allows taps into the strength of the number 11 to perform great feats, both mental and metaphysical. In a way, it is simple: as the time and date of the wielder's attunement (for me, it has always been the eastern American coast) grows closer to 11, the grandness of the feats that can be performed grows as well. Today, at this time, my strength will be at the height it will ever be in my lifetime. 11/11/11 at 11:11.

And I know what I must do with that power. The prophecy always predicted it, and once I realized my legacy I began preparing for the day, this day, that I would fulfill it. I must topple the tyrant mith and rise up to lead mafiascum. I'm sure many of you like mith. Indeed, he is a charismatic man and no doubt someone a few of you believe cannot be toppled, bullshit prophecy notwithstanding. I ask you only to trust in me. I have toppled mith. He is no longer in charge of mafiascum. It was a bloodless coup, for I am not the same criminal as my predecessor, but it was a coup nonetheless. The prophecy told me it would happen, and so it has happened. That isn't to say I will remain in power forever.. At this moment, no doubt mith's loyal circle is devising a way to grab power once again. I don't know if they will succeed or not. The prophecy is done, it speaks no more. But I promise you that as long as I retain power, I will fight tooth and nail to prevent mith from returning to ruin your lives again. If mith rules again, it will only be after my last breath has been uttered. This I swear to you.

I remember when I launched my first real volley across mith's elitist bow. It was the first International Mafia Month, and mith held a day entitled “Trademark Day”, ordering all members to display their trademarks. He did not expect, however, the force he was dealing with. 11 threads throughout the day brought the site down. Mith's rage burned hot, but he could do nothing. After all, he had literally asked for it. He would call it “Don't Break the Site, AniX!” Day from then on, playing off the attack as jest but showcasing he knew I was a threat and that, one day, we would meet on the battlefield. It seems like so long ago, thinking about when he first acknowledged our destiny as foes...and yet, it has come to pass on this day.

To those loyal to mith then: Lay down your arms. I offer you a full pardon. This community is a great one, full of sharp minds and good feeling. Let it be so. Abandon your dictator and join me. You are as much a part of this community as any other, and I would love to have you join us in our glorious new website order. Know, however, that if you seek to perpetrate the vicious heresies of mith, the tactics he used to oppress these fine people while retaining power for himself, you will find no ally in me. In fact, you will find me an enemy and I will track you down to the ends of the earth before I allow those heresies to continue to germinate on this site. I am ushering in a new era of peace, a Pax Mafia, and you will either stand with me on it or hang because of it.

To those who have supported me throughout: No amount of thank yous will suffice. You are truly people of glory and it is my honor to have had the pleasure to associate with you. For me, this was written for me, I made no more choice to become Mr. 11th Hour and lead this revolution as I did to be born. You, however, each made the choice towards peace, the choice towards prosperity, the choice towards justice, and most important the choice away from mith. This is a day to install me as ruler, yes, but more than that is it a day to CELEBRATE each and every one of you. The peacemakers. The members of mafiascum. I will strive each day to live up to the ideals your sacrifices and hard work demands. But know that this is a day for all mafiascum, not just my loyal supporters. I am not just the leader of AniX's mafiascum, I am the leader of mith's, of Flay's, of MeMe's as well. All are welcomed in this new world...and all are celebrated.

Here I am, 8 years later, having gone from two-bit player to the new leader of mafiascum. It has been quite the adventure, and I hope that adventure continues for a long time. Thank you all. The reformation begins tomorrow, but today let us just revel in our joy.

Let this thread be a dedication to what we have accomplished today.

Yours in successful revolution,

Daniel S. Anix, Commander 11th Hour
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Johhog »

In AniX we trust.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

All hail our lord and savior!
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

/praise
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:29 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

If I sacrifice a Goon to you, will I go straight to the top of the Open Queue?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:35 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Playing mafia in scumchat?

This new regime is one lead by a liar!
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Post #0 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:11 am
Sorry, charlie...
Retired as of October 2014.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

Your time settings are wrong.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ff...

AniX's timestamp in EST wrote:Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:11:11 +0000
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:45 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Should've done it in UTC.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:46 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

God dammit izak, we've been through this already. AniX's hieght of power is in Eatern Time.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 9, izakthegoomba wrote:Should've done it in UTC.

QFT. I'd have been asleep then. Now I have another 22 minutes to stop his reign of terror...
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:55 am

Post by AniX »

Flay, lay down your arms. You are a smart man, one who the community can make use of. Why fight me when you can join me and help make this community the site it always had the destiny to be, had mith's oppression not come to pass?

I do not begrudge you working for him all these many years. It was what you thought was best. But he has fallen and I intend to not let him return. The time has come for a new era...one I hope you can be a part of.

Join me...Join Us.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I for one want to see what AnmiX will do with the site.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Umbrage »

mith is not a tyrant. A tyrant is someone who takes control through force, an usurper. So you would technically be a tyrant. Just sayin'.

P-EDIT: I DON'T CARE WHAT THE DICTIONARY SAYS, THAT'S WHAT THE WORD MEANS, DAMMIT.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

A tyrant is a cruel, overlording ruler. So, mith.

AniX is a usurper.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:19 am

Post by CSL »

I played a video game featuring tyrants. From my general experience at the word "tyrant" and every other form, izakthesmartgoomba is right about the definition.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Apology accepted, AniX.

Northing to see here, folks.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:38 am

Post by AniX »

For those who don't know, Mr. Flay changed my avatar to a parody of its current form, which seemed to indicate I was apologizing to mith.

For those who don't know, My administration will be above the same sort of cheap tricks that have plagued mith and his lackeys.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Your avatar is there for anyone to see, AniX. I think it speaks for itself, and I admire your maturity to admit the error of your ways.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

That was actually somewhat clever. How'd you do it so fast?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I choose to blindly follow our new sparkly leader.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:44 am

Post by AniX »

I have made no secret of my attempts to win control back of the site for the common people. They've had upwards of 6 years to plan. And for all their planning, a mere parody avatar is all they could muster to combat me. What's next, thallium salt in my shoes to make my beard fall out?

The failure of mith's lackeys to do any real combat with me is...inspiring, in it's odd way. It speaks to the success we have come to have.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:45 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I, for one, welcome our new 11 overlord.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:14 am

Post by BBmolla »

COMIC SANS??!? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!?
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano

Return to “General Discussion”