carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:41 pm

Post by carrion pigeons »

Sorry, Crola. Someone had to die. If it's worth anything, I believed your claim, though I don't know if it really proved your townieness much. Maybe we can play again sometime.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:29 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

That is a lynch, Crola is todays winner!

He was....

Kyle Chidester – Thieving Hobo

Kyle was born in the very boring town of Half Moon Bay. As a child he was constantly teased and used as a scapegoat when things went wrong. After a few years of living at home and being used as a chew toy by his very insensitive dog he decided that it was time to leave.
So with that Kyle picked up his things, wrapped them up in a hobo pack. Tied it to the end of a stick, and took to the open road.

After a few months of living out of railroad cars, and mooching off of his friends nicely furnished apartments, Kyle finally found Murphyville, a place where nobody really did anything, and Kyle could get away with anything he ever wanted to.

You may all send in your nightchoices now, the game will reopen in 3 days.
That would be Saturday, June 18th.

Remember to be on time.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:22 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Morning breaks. What a lovely day. What happened last night? Ohh shall I tell you. It went something like this.

LoudmouthLee was curious as to the true identity of Crola, nobody could be completely sure that Crola was scum but the information about him that they found after his death certainly lead them to believe so. After going to the store for a sandwich and realized he had no money with him. The bank was just across the street and he could probably make a withdrawl before they closed if he hurried.

Arriving just before they locked the door the security guard allowed him to pass. Just as he approached the teller he heard a shout from behind him. 4 armed men in masks resembling United States Presidents had forced their way through the door.

Fearing for his life he dropped to his stomach and put his hands behind his head along with the rest of the Bank Staff. Before the robbers had even begun making demands the security guard who had allowed him in attempted to pull his gun upon them. He was met with a flurry of bullets directly to his torso. Leaving a puddle of blood oozing from his corpse.

Disturbed at this site and afriad to die he panicked. Picking up as fast as he could he took off running for the door. Not five steps later the corpse of LoudmouthLee fell, dead before he hit the ground.

A Google search on the name LoudmouthLee showed you all his true identity:

Carina Woudenburg - Depressed Townsfolk

Carina was born in Murphyville, as a child she wanted nothing more than to leave this boring and completely mind numbing town. After spending 18 years of her life trying to save enough money to move to the big city, her frustration has mounted beyond a reasonable doubt. When the murders in town began to occur, she started to wonder if she would ever be able to leave, or if this town would bury her in her own sorrow.

One day when walking along the beach she discovered the body of a strange looking Japanese girl, upon inspecting the body she found an ID card from Japan. She could not read the name very well but from what little she knew of Japanese she could make out the name Liezl (pronounced Lee-Zell).

When she started to loot the body she realized that it began to cough, it was not a corpse after all. Upon awakening she could hear some quiet Japanese being muttered by the girl. After a few awkward moments she began to speak in English, “Who are you? Where am I?”
You reply in kind, “My name’s Carina, this is Murphyville.”

But that's not all folks, ohh not by a longshot. Elsewhere in the town Drummer is in his home watching television. Unconcerned with the worries of the town he begins shoveling a large wedge of cheese into his mouth while [shameless plug]enjoying the fine programs on fox.[/shameless plug] In the shadow's the sexy silhouette of a young woman could be just barely made out in the televisions light. Noticing the reflection in his television set he stumbled out of his cheese induced haze just quickly enough to avoid the edge of a very sharp sword aimed in his direction.

Still stuffing the cheese into his mouth while begging for his life the assasin did not even have to finish the job. As she raised her blade to strike Drummer suddenly went still, and fell to the floor. Upon inspection of him he seemed to have choked to death on the cheese he was eatting.

Before leaving the crime scene she took from his corpse a small note that he seemed to have recieve that night. She then slipped off as silently as she had come.

Another one of those great google searches shows Drummers true identity to be:

Mike Whitebear – Lazy Bastard/Internet Junkie

Mike was born in the big city of San Francisco. As a general rule while growing up mike didn’t leave his house very often because the city was very big and he was very lazy. With this being his main motivation Mike discovered the town of Murphyville one day while browsing around online.
“This is it!” He thought the chance he’d been looking for. He could now spend his days working from home and browsing the internet all day long, he’d never have to go far to pick up things from the store and he would be happy.

With 9 left it is now 5 to lynch. The game is still going so it looks like you guys haven't quite purged the town just yet. So why let's get the game back up and running and get ready for another exciting round of Murphyville Mafia.

The score is now reset to 0 points on everybody's score card. The game is back in anybody's hands and only you guys get to decide what happens. Where will it end? Who will be victorious? The anticipation is making me nervous. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see, just remember to tune in next time for Murphyville Mafia.
I miss Puzzle.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:03 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I think I was votinf Dranko before

Vote: Dranko
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:42 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I'm a bit concerned about the LML kill. It seems to have been done by people tied to the bank, and earlier in day one before the post restrictions were removed mneme was talking about money ("anyone got a quarter?").
Major FOS: mneme

Also, I'm pretty sure that Crola was scum, but neither of our night kills were (just by looking at the role PMs, I'm not a cop or anything). Anyone have any differing opinions on this?
prinny, dood
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:56 am

Post by armlx »

I sent a message investigating someone, so once the recipienct logs on they can say the result. I'm pretty sure the person I sent it to is town, though I'm not so sure.

My money is on IS today, but that's just me. Maybe if everyone posts their back story, or would that be too revealing?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:08 am

Post by TBuG »

No letter here. I'll vote armlx if nobody comes forward.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:08 pm

I was kind of expecting to be the recipient of armlx's mail, but I received nothing. Apparently, from what armlx said, Drummer isn't either, despite the mod's reference to a note he had received last night. I see no harm in armlx saying who he sent the note to. I do understand the possibility of a mafia roleblocker or something similar, but at this point the risky coincidences are getting to the point where it may just be too dangerous to justify not lynching armlx. I'm willing to vote for him if he doesn't get someone to vouch for his ability.

Unless there's some major mod creativity going on in the deathscenes, it looks like we have an astonishing 4 mafia left. Does that mean we're at lynch or lose already? I tend to think that the person who targetted Drummer isn't scum, not least because that would make the game incredibly unbalanced. (It wasn't me; I'm a male copy-editor, not a female ninja-whatever :? .) Of course, Drummer might actually have been mafia, in which case we could be down to three. Obviously LML wasn't, though.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:58 pm

Post by armlx »

PBuG is lying scum. Thank you all. Lynch me if you want, just lynch him next. I specifically sent the note to him unless there was an error with PMs (I've had several recently). I investigated Drakno. I doubt you will allow me another night to retry, but just remember PBuG lied about not recieving a note.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:59 pm

Unvote: Dranko

I will join the bigger bandwagon.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:54 pm

OK, there are some different possibilities here.

1- PBug actually received the letter, and Dranko is either guilty or innocent: obviously PBug is scum. PBug has no reason to lie if he actually got the letter and is pro-town.

2- PB didn't receive the letter, which means that
a-armlx didn't send it, which means he lied, and deserves to be lynched.
b-armlx was roleblocked, which means the mafia are trying to set him up, and he's innocent.

I'm at a loss, actually. Obviously one of them is scum, but we have no way of finding out, even if we kill off both of them, which would be a bad idea. We can't just kill one and let the other one live, we can't let both live, and we can't kill both of them.

So...umm...if Dranko is guilty, then PBug is guilty by association, and armlx is innocent. If Dranko is innocent, then PBug is very likely innocent, and armlx is very likely guilty, although that's less for sure. That's assuming no roleblock, which totally changes everything, and very possibly all of them are innocent.

...Does anyone else have any abilities they want to have claimed to have used last night? Investigations are even more valuable than in a normal game, since they're the only way we have to verify anyone. Even if we can just confirm a couple of innocents, it will make life that much easier.

Here's my thoughts, I guess. How about if everyone with an investigation ability comes forward, and then tonight, each of them investigates another of them. Any docs we may have (Dranko?) should protect randomly among them. We have at least three people who have already claimed at least one possible investigation, and if we can confirm that even one person is both innocent and can investigate, then our situation becomes a lot more stable. Any thoughts on this plan? I'm not an investigator, in any case.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:57 am

Post by armlx »

I can investigate, but I can't do it 2 nights in a row. I can vig tonight, however. Don't think we would want to though.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:15 am

Post by TBuG »

Oops, sorry... I didn't see it... Yeah. I got it...

*blushes*

It says Dranko is innocent.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:17 am

Post by armlx »

That makes things much better for us. IMO, the following are clear

Me (you dont have to believe me)
Drakno (unless my investigation is faulty and the doc is just a false claim)
Carrion (posting restriction)
PBuG (He could have easily hidden the letter as mafia to kill a powerful pro-town role)

5 uncleared left. Sounds like good odds to me.

Carrion: You weren't the target as it was too obvious IMO. I assumed the mafia would kill you to stop the letter and get me lynched. I guess I was wrong.
Nicole
Nicole
Townie
Nicole
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Nicole »

*shakes head* Pbug, I would be a little bit more upset at you, if I had not done something similar in another game. I had forgotten that we had been assigned character names, and made the mistake of saying that I didn't get one. Oh well.

So um, any ideas on where the note that was taken from Drummer's body came from? No point in asking who took it, I highly doubt anyone wants to admit killing the doc...
Nicole

*Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!*
Nicole
Nicole
Townie
Nicole
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:10 am

Post by Nicole »

sorry, I had gotten dranko and drummer confused, thinking that drummer was the one who had claimed doc... so um, just ignore me... lol
Nicole

*Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!*
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:31 am

Post by TBuG »

Just curious, who's for and who's against a mass role claim?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:36 pm

Its too early still for mass role claim

Vote: warpdragon

Now that the suspects are cleared, we lynch us some scum. Time to die warpy.
Show

carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:56 pm

I'd just like to note that there are still some scenarios that would make some of armlx's list of "cleared" people not actually innocent. I'd be more comfortable if at some point we could verify PBug as innocent w/ another investigation. (If PBug is innocent, then he wouldn't lie about Dranko, and he wouldn't lie about receiving the note from armlx.)

That said, there isn't any reason to worry about it any more today. Warp's not my favorite target, since he claimed an investigation that he could use, and I would like it if he could get a chance to be useful before he died. I'd like him particularly to reveal what he did last night.

Any other valid suspicions at this point?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:04 am

Oh Warpy claimed something?

Unvote: Warpy
Vote: Nicole

Death to Nicole!
Show

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:36 am

Post by TBuG »

@ carrion pigeons: Just as you aren't proven innocent just because of the post restriction. I'm still not sure it WAS a post restriction, but I'll believe you for now. Even if you did have a post restriction, you could still be scum with a post restriction.
Nicole
Nicole
Townie
Nicole
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:48 am

Post by Nicole »

Pbug, the Mod came on and said it was a post restriction and took it off.... Or did you not see that post?
Nicole

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:48 am

Post by TBuG »

What I'm saying is, the mod DID NOT say who was the one with a post restriction. I myself had a small post restriction, not major.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:53 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I had a post restriction as well (although it was more of a benefit, it amplified my role). And mneme did as well, and there were probably more. Like I said before on day one, I'm sure the roles in this game are very complicated.

I am still suspicious of mneme for reasons I stated in my last post. On top of that he hasn't posted today.
Vote: mneme
to start putting pressure on him.
prinny, dood
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:30 am

Post by warpdragon »

IS: nice to see you are paying attention.

CP: I didnt use anything last night.

I find it odd that with a narrative theme such as this game, a death like LmL's was used. According to his scene, there had to be a sandwich shop owner, a bank teller, a bank guard, and four scum. However, the mod made it clear in the second post that the 12 players were locked up alone. I find it sort of odd that the mod either created a big plot hole or gave us the roles of over half the town. I'm thinking its a mod error, but with this wacky of a game I dont know.

Its also possible that Liezl was Drummer's killer. The fact that the killer was a girl, japanese people tend to be shorter on average, and a very sharp sword would have been used all sort of point that way. The assassination seemed ninja-like in a way.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”