Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 7:23 am

Post by Packbat »

Disagree - until MyLo/LyLo, not hammering a townie does not constitute proof of towniness.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Questions

-packbat - what did you mean by post 442 (the one where you said shoot foot off)
- did you think shotgun was scummy

-acrv - did you think shotgun was scummy.
-what do you think of petapan's declartion that packbat is scum
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Packbat »

In post 420, Packbat wrote:I'm confused as well, andrew94 - what's your case on drmyshotgun, again?

In post 421, drmyshotgun wrote:He's just been calling me scum all game and hasn't changed his mindset on me upon Metabot flip because that would be too hard thing to pull off.

In post 422, Packbat wrote:Please, drmyshotgun - allow andrew94 to shoot his own foot off, if that's what's coming.

I was telling drmyshotgun to let you answer me yourself, andrew94. And no, I didn't think he was scummy.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 12:12 am

Post by AcRv »

In post 451, andrew94 wrote:-acrv - did you think shotgun was scummy.
-what do you think of petapan's declartion that packbat is scum

1) I thought that you and Vincent were town after the Metabot flip, and so he and Packbat became the most logical scum reads
2) I think what he says makes, and there's something I just picked up...

In post 391, AcRv wrote:Vincent was around when the opportunity to hammer was there.
In post 402, Packbat wrote:The obvious advantage of Vincent2128 stalling is that his hands are clean when Metabot flips town.

So he acknowledges that Vincent chose to not hammer, saying that scum would do it. For that logic to make sense, you must have seen my post 391 to know that he was posting at that point in time. However:
In post 410, Packbat wrote:
His being absent
makes
his not hammering
null. That's not the same thing.

Hang on, so you're saying that he wasn't able to hammer because he wasn't around? But your post 402 only makes sense if you read my post 391... so you knew that he was around to hammer. You then say "He wasn't around to hammer, so he's null".

Something really doesn't seem right there. You have given two
conflicting
reasons for why he was null.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Packbat »

You're assuming I'm paying attention. I've been in the depressive end of my manic-depressive playstyle in this game for weeks.

That said, people don't usually just *poof* disappear - often flakers will be fading out for several days before they stop posting altogether.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by andrew94 »

@acrv, why didnt you vote shotgun

also i dont really get your second part.

@packbat, is that your best defence?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Post by AcRv »

Packbat wrote:You're assuming I'm paying attention. I've been in the depressive end of my manic-depressive playstyle in this game for weeks.

That said, people don't usually just *poof* disappear - often flakers will be fading out for several days before they stop posting altogether.

I'm assuming you read a post. A post in LyLo. Not paying attention to posts during LyLo isn't very pro-town... the fact you didn't say outright "I'm going through a rough time, so I might not be up to scratch" makes me think that you're falling back on it.

However, I'm assuming that your depression is real, and so I'd recommend this.

In post 455, andrew94 wrote:@acrv, why didnt you vote shotgun

also i dont really get your second part.

I didn't vote Shotgun because I wanted to see if there was anything I could have missed about you and Vincent in the lack of hammering. Because if I voted and was wrong, then scum could have gotten off the last mislynch they needed. However, now it's become you and Packbat, I'd much rather lynch Packbat than you.

As for the second bit, basically Packbat acknowledged that Vincent had the opportunity to hammer and chose not to, but then said that Vincent wasn't capable of hammering at any point. It can't be both of those.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 am

Post by Packbat »

In post 455, andrew94 wrote:@packbat, is that your best defence?

No, but my best defense is going to have to wait for me to reread the game.

In post 456, AcRv wrote:
Packbat wrote:You're assuming I'm paying attention. I've been in the depressive end of my manic-depressive playstyle in this game for weeks.

I'm assuming you read a post. A post in LyLo. Not paying attention to posts during LyLo isn't very pro-town... the fact you didn't say outright "I'm going through a rough time, so I might not be up to scratch" makes me think that you're falling back on it.

Sometimes flakers fade out for more than several days without stopping posting. I assume you noticed that I was never catching up on that reread.

Not really a fan of big-gouts-of-blood games, but I appreciate the thought.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 457, Packbat wrote:
In post 456, AcRv wrote:

Sometimes flakers fade out for more than several days without stopping posting. I assume you noticed that I was never catching up on that reread.

I was just rereading and noticed you didn't appear to take in anything from the first few posts of the previous day.

In which case may I ask why you thought I was scum with Vincent?

Actually, either way, may I ask why you thought I was scum with Vincent?

Not really a fan of big-gouts-of-blood games, but I appreciate the thought.
Ah, I wasn't sure if it'd actually work or not. One of my friends plays Mortal Kombat 2011 when he's depressed... So I thought that might do something... Although, if you're feeling like crap when you next get on, just think about ten things in the past week that made you smile/went well for you. It's some psychological thing, but it tends to work most of the time. Even for people who don't like seeing their boss getting beaten up with extremely graphic blood effects.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 am

Post by Packbat »

In post 458, AcRv wrote:
In post 456, AcRv wrote:

I was just rereading and noticed you didn't appear to take in anything from the first few posts of the previous day.

Mostly because I thought you were scummy and I thought Vincent2128 was scummy.

Ah, I wasn't sure if it'd actually work or not. One of my friends plays Mortal Kombat 2011 when he's depressed... So I thought that might do something... Although, if you're feeling like crap when you next get on, just think about ten things in the past week that made you smile/went well for you. It's some psychological thing, but it tends to work most of the time. Even for people who don't like seeing their boss getting beaten up with extremely graphic blood effects.

I'll give it a shot, thanks!
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 am

Post by Packbat »

In post 458, AcRv wrote:
In post 456, AcRv wrote:

AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 460, Packbat wrote:
In post 458, AcRv wrote:
In post 456, AcRv wrote:

May I ask what I did that was scummy?

S'all good =) When I'm not making jokes at inapropriate times I'm talking friends out of suicide. The ability to switch between the two has proven more than useful on occasions.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 11:51 am

Post by andrew94 »

@acrv What do you think about pack's defence
i think it would be charitable to believe what he said

@pack, are you rereading the game atm?

whos town?
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Packbat »

Sorry - I've been putting off rereading. I recall having a gut feeling that andrew94 was town and that AcRv was scum - the former based on the difference between andrew's play in this game and in the game (or was it "games"?) I had with him as scum, the latter on I'm-not-sure-what.

Tonight's no good, in part because tomorrow I have plans - I'll see if I can just bull-rush it tomorrow evening.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by AcRv »

andrew94 wrote:@acrv What do you think about pack's defence
i think it would be charitable to believe what he said

I can believe his reason for not paying attention. However, I just can't see you as scum, and so he's got to be the scum. After I finish typing up the last of the murder mystery for school I'll have a reread. But since the start of Day 3 I can't see it as anyone other than him.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by AcRv »

Looked at Packbat's ISO. He doesn't ever mention me being scummy until post 395. What was it about the spoilered posts below that gave you a scummy vibe from me? If it was something specific, say what it was.

Spoiler:
In post 390, AcRv wrote:
In post 388, drmyshotgun wrote:Sigh...Vincent should have gone.
Fuck, now I need to re-read everything.

Vincent should have gone? Why? Scum love having lurkers in. Looks to me like you're trying to subtly say that you weren't behind the kill because you would have killed Vincent? Seems odd to say that someone aiding scum should have died.

If Vincent2128 or andrew94 were scum, I'm pretty sure one of them would have hammered Metabot a lot earlier... and unless I misread my role PM I'm pretty sure I'm town.

So I'm leaning heavliy towards a drmyshotgun/packbat team just by process of elimination... although I still don't like Vincent's vote on andrew earlier... I'm going to check his activity level around the time that Metabot was open for a hammer, because if he wasn't around at the time then I can see him as scum. drmyshotgun's start of day post seems kinda silly, given that it suggests scum should have killed their worst possible target.

andrew94 is the only person who I don't think can be scum.
In post 391, AcRv wrote:Vincent was around when the opportunity to hammer was there.

In post 52, Vincent2128 wrote:
In post 51, SleepyKrew wrote:What post am I repeatedly quoting?

andrew, skimming already? Krew's only quoted one of his and one of AcRv's posts.
VOTE: andrew94

Vincent, I want you to explain why you thought andrew94's skimming was worth the vote.
In post 393, AcRv wrote:Yes, it was ages ago. He never explained. Now it is crucial because if he were scum he should have hammered. So why did he vote you then if he was town? I am really curious about this.

And it's not buddying. It's called using logic. You would have hammered Metabot if you were scum.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 1:38 am

Post by Packbat »

I don't see anything specific in those posts.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 1:40 am

Post by AcRv »

Where did the vibe come from?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 10:40 am

Post by andrew94 »

So lets see...

arcv thinks im town
pack thinks im town

one of you is buddying...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Post by AcRv »

Do you mean buddying to you or buddying to the other? Because giving townreads isn't buddying, and scum'd be pretty silly to try and force a lynch on someone that the other person thought was town.

Basically there's no buddying, just you being obvtown.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Is mod here?

@ mod, v/la 1-2 days due to test
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by AcRv »

Mod probably is here. Just not a lot to do with a Vote Count... it'd look something like "Not Voting (3) - AcRv, Packbat, andrew94". Although those little "other" things he adds can be interesting sometimes.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 10:45 am

Post by andrew94 »

In post 469, AcRv wrote:Do you mean buddying to you or buddying to the other? Because giving townreads isn't buddying, and scum'd be pretty silly to try and force a lynch on someone that the other person thought was town.

Basically there's no buddying, just you being obvtown.

Buddying to me.

heres my analysis

- Acrv is more scummy. I would be more inclined to vote for acrv. However, if Acrv was town, pack just won a scum game by (low effort etc). Pack's only good posts were doing day 1. After that, he seemed to put less and less effort into the game.
I have link Acrv to shotgun. Acrv didnt vote shotgun yesterday. However, neither did Pack.

-more when i ge thomne
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by Junpei »

Packbat has been prodded.

Also I'm here.. it's just that until someone votes I don't really have much to do. If I find something cool though I'll share it here.

DEADLINE IN 10 DAYS: JUNE 1ST 10 PM EST
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Packbat »

If I have not made multiple substantive posts by Friday, please blacklist me. I can't do it tonight (it's almost 1 a.m. where I am), but I agree that my playstyle this game was horriwretched, and as they say: the best time to plant a tree is 30 years ago, but the second-best time is now.

I'll aim to make one post for every five pages. That will cover the game so far in four posts.

Return to “Completed Open Games”