AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 472, andrew94 wrote:
In post 469, AcRv wrote:Do you mean buddying to you or buddying to the other? Because giving townreads isn't buddying, and scum'd be pretty silly to try and force a lynch on someone that the other person thought was town.

Basically there's no buddying, just you being obvtown.

Buddying to me.

Can you explain how I've buddied you? And are you home yet so you can add the stuff you said you would when you got home?

Also, Packbat, I don't blacklist.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Post by andrew94 »

... i forgot what i was gonna say
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by AcRv »

Let us know when you remember. And when/if you feel like explaining how I've buddied you.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 am

Post by Packbat »

Going to eat something - ETA for first post ... let's say two hours.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 7:15 am

Post by Packbat »

Okay, looking at drmyshotgun relative to other posters (posts heavily abridged):
In post 3, drmyshotgun wrote:AcRv, I've met in some other game. Hi AcRv!

In post 8, Metabot wrote:Hey Shotty, remember me? :P

In post 10, drmyshotgun wrote:No I don't know you Metabot.

In post 12, Metabot wrote:blue, cottage, cake.

In post 13, drmyshotgun wrote:

Cheese

In post 16, Metabot wrote:
In post 13, drmyshotgun wrote:

Cheese

Know me now?

In post 14, andrew94 wrote:wasssup shotty

In post 15, drmyshotgun wrote:I don't know you either andrew

drmyshottyizsik circa Post #3 clearly remembers AcRv more vividly than Metabot. This could be a quirk of memory, but if it is of significance, it probably implies that AcRv refreshed his memory in the Mafia thread before game start.

Spoiler: Post #26, cut for length
In post 26, drmyshotgun wrote:Thank you for those who answered. Less can be said to those who didn't.
Its my first time trying to open up a game with series of apparently random questions and perhaps many of you thought these questions were useless.
Well, I thought the point of posting Random Questions in the earlier stage of the game is usually to get people actually talking.
You can't just have big chunks of accurate reasonings with your first post.
In post 4, SleepyKrew wrote:Confirm vote for uselessness. RVS is now over.

At least it gets people talking. Unlike you just posting a vote and saying NOTHING else.

SleepyKrew wrote:No.

No what? No I can't? No I shouldn't?

Vincent2128 wrote:
In post 5, drmyshotgun wrote:Believe it or not, I can detect scums and towns with these questions.

You're bluffing right? You better be.

Shouldn't you be wishing, I better can?

Post 8 from Metabot. He seem to be trying to buddy up with me.
I haven't actually played with him before, and I forgot that we had the fun-az word game together some time ago.
I already said I don't really know anyone except for AcRv in my first post but asking me to "remember" him is kind of strange way to go.
He also seems to provide reasonings for his faults actually BEFORE any fault has been made on his account. Strange thing to do.
For question 8, he acknowledges that answering "Vigilante" would keep him more under the radar and yet he goes for Serial Killer. Its not his decision to go SK that bothers me, but the fact that he bothered to acknowledge the possible outcome of his choice.
Seems to me that he is preparing quite a bit of defense for himself already when there is no apparent threat to him yet.

Packbat wrote:
In post 3, drmyshotgun wrote:First, let's get this straight. I am NOT Drmyshottyizsik. I made a grave mistake in making my ID sound like his and this resulted in truly unfortunate situation for me.

Noted, Gunny.

Thanks for the new nickname. I like how this sounds: Gunny.

andrew94 wrote:wasssup shotty

Here's another person trying to act as if he knows me. Notice the tripple "S" he puts there?
I think you mistake me for Drmyshottyizsik? Cuz you don't bother to say "wasssup" to anyone else but me. Or are you just following your buddy Metabot on this?
Or are you doing this on purpose to annoy me.

About my meta...I actually have none? I was in the middle of a game when the site crashed.
Happens to be my first one. Its apparently supposed to comeback soon and keep going.
But I did play quite a bit of mafia before and I did study some on this site before I joined.
Hence I came to like Drmyshottyizsik and made a mistake of my lifetime to make my ID sound like his.

SleepyKrew wrote:This is not RQS. RQS actually has semi-useful questions. These aren't.
They are not generating discussion. I don't care what you think or say, the quality of my life would have been better without those worthless fucking questions.
I see you quoted post 2. And then post 3. Did your brain shut off before 4?

So...you don't consider anything that's going on right now as a discussion?
Just because I thought of less useful questions than you would have makes me scum?
Well sorry for the "worthless fucking questions". But I don't see a single question from you.
The only thing you did so far was to cast a vote on me and that was like wow. Did so much thing.
You voted me as soon as the game started. As soon as I posted some questions which I thought would do something (and I think it kinda did), you say RVS is over and that your vote is confirmed. Without any discussions, any attempt to reason.
You just post a vote and seal yourself? Whoa, that's like, Game Over for you man. Well done.

AcRv wrote:3. Where do you live?
Under your bed. Well, some of the time. But normally in Adelaide, Australia. And before someone asks, no we don't ride kangaroos around, and we don't have snakes get in our electrical wires. Drop bears, on the otherhand...

How about them Koalas in your backyard? And Alligators living in your pond?
AcRv wrote:8. Vigilante or Serial Killer?
I've only played Serial Killer in a Dethy game, but I'd rather be Serial Killer than Vig... because you can't accidentally shoot your team mate as serial killer

Good reasoning.

Don't think the questions will be answered anytime soon.
Metabot wrote:Oh, thats what that meant. I thought you were doing some weird random confirmation shit. Also, no need to be so offensive. Disrupting town is anti-town.

Pack: is that a real fos, or a RVS fos?

Why do you ask?

drmyshotgun interacts with the following people in this post:
  • SleepyKrew, with suspicion.
  • Vincent2128, with suspicion.
  • Metabot, with suspicion.
  • Packbat (myself), amiably but without substance.
  • andrew94, with suspicion (and the paragraph runs on into the answer to Metabot's question about meta, for no reason).
  • SleepyKrew, with more suspicion.
  • AcRv, with silliness and flattery.
  • Metabot, with (what I interpret as) suspicion.

What stands out to me is Packbat and AcRv, but mostly AcRv, thanks to:
AcRv wrote:8. Vigilante or Serial Killer?
I've only played Serial Killer in a Dethy game, but I'd rather be Serial Killer than Vig... because you can't accidentally shoot your team mate as serial killer

Good reasoning.

andrew94, however, he definitely treats the way he treats the townies.

(wow, Page 2 is pretty much all the Metabot convo - none of it much relevance to now.)

Page 3: andrew94 is looking reasonably towny, and drmyshotgun continues to direct stray fire at him in between gunning for Metabot.

Also:
In post 56, AcRv wrote:and Vincent, you played with andrew94 in C9++. You should know that he makes slight errors like that. It means he's oblivious, not scum. And if you're trying for a policy lynch then I shall point out that if he is town, then we'll just get a no lynch, and then scum will probably shoot someone else because an oblivious confirmed town wouldn't really be scum's main target if there were other people who they thought were more of a threat to their faction.

...reads like andrew94 was a townread, not a nullread. Given that andrew94 was a townread for
me
extremely early, though, it's not of
much
significance ... but given my growing townread on andrew94, even nullreads are damning.

In post 84, drmyshotgun wrote:I'm not telling you to go around swearing at me. I don't want to see assaults on each other, but what I want "at this early in the game", is to approach everybody with a suspicion. Who knows? You being nice to someone can develop into directions where you just simply can't think possibilities for that someone.

...and who was drmyshotgun being
not
suspicious of?

In post 92, AcRv wrote:... Sleepy's gone Sleepy on us... and yet had time to post a random comment in the queue. Can someone tell me if that's normal for him, or is he just pissed at us for apparently "not knowing what's going on"? Because he was in the Open Queue on Thursday. His last post here was on Tuesday. There's been at least one thing asked to him on Wednesday. So why didn't he answer it here? Or at least tell us he was going to be away?

VOTE: SleepyKrew

First you try to lynch someone for being useless in a game where it won't do anything except give scum a free kill. Your next posts try to stop conversation and just say "Drmyshotgun is useless".
Later, you try to put yourself in a postition over us by saying you're more experienced than us. You then tell some of us to play newbie games. You may have been hoping that we'd think that what you were doing was right. Basically trying to get three sheep. But it failed when you realised that we all had experience after all. Reason I can see you trying that is as scum, is that when I played face to face games I'd let it known I play elsewhere so town will follow my lead. Only got the quieter ones, but it was useful somewhat as scum. Can't do it anymore because everyone I play with face-to-face now has experience, but the point is I can see you trying.
And now... you're lurking. Didn't even post here to say you were going to be away. And I love how you don't say anything about Vincent not knowing what's going on when he had done just as much as me at the time of the post. So if you're scum I'dn't be surprised if Vincent2128 was with you.

Of course if you just have a really huge ego than my second point is null. But either way, come over here and post something. Please?

This is neither fish nor fowl. Seriously - big long section elaborating on reasons for suspicion (including a vote) ... ending with a plea for more posting. It doesn't strike me as genuine.

In post 97, drmyshotgun wrote:Okay. Our mod from 1211 said the game's just not going to come back.
Zajnet told me who the scums were. Lol
@AcRv: I was Townie in that game. Scums were Praetyre and PieceofPecanPie. Thesp had jailkept u on Night 1 and u got protected from their kill. They checked Thesp's role and found out he was Jailkeeper for the Town. Thus Thesp pushed ur lynch and he was nightkilled on Night 2.
Absolutely Nobody had suspected Praetyre. Lol. I was going to lynch either Fungrus or Christmas. Maybe the game not ending was a good thing.

In post 98, drmyshotgun wrote:^ Does this help in any way?

In post 99, AcRv wrote:... So I was right about Shirley? I can't help but laugh. And I suspected Praetyre after I was dead because I flipped VT and a jailkeeper died, and he didn't question the guy who made the slip. I can't help but lol at that. And yes, I wanted to know if what your doing now was you normally did as town, because you're playing the same as you did last game. So you're now coming off as town.

In post 100, AcRv wrote:Although I think that scum is SleepyKrew and Vincent2128 this game, so the town read on you doesn't matter unless I'm wrong about Vincent. But I don't think I'm wrong about SleepyKrew.

Exchange submitted without comment.

In post 116, AcRv wrote:
In post 99, AcRv wrote:... So I was right about Shirley? I can't help but laugh. And I suspected Praetyre after I was dead because I flipped VT and a jailkeeper died, and he didn't question the guy who made the slip. I can't help but lol at that. And yes, I wanted to know if what your doing now was you normally did as town, because you're playing the same as you did last game. So you're now coming off as town.

AcRv wrote:Although I think that scum is SleepyKrew and Vincent2128 this game, so the town read on you doesn't matter unless I'm wrong about Vincent.

Since when did townreads not matter?

Well, seeing as I currently have two scum reads in a game with a two-man scum team, they're not
as
important unless I find out I'm wrong about one of my scum reads. Which I could be.

Off-topic: if you're town, this is a bad idea - it leads to tunneling.

On-topic: if you're scum, this isn't a bad idea - it protects you from having to invent more bogus reads.

To be continued....
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by andrew94 »

@ acrv i DID hammer metabot...

and your todays posts consists of small cases on pack and basically saying i cant be scum.
so thats buddying kinda.

and same with pack...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 480, Packbat wrote:drmyshottyizsik circa Post #3 clearly remembers AcRv more vividly than Metabot. This could be a quirk of memory, but if it is of significance, it probably implies that AcRv refreshed his memory in the Mafia thread before game start.

While our first game together was lost in the crash, the reason he'd remember me was because I was lynched basically a day or two before the crash - my play would have been one of the last things that happened on site to him. And he and I had at least one tangent about Scott Pilgrim as well, considering how recent it was I'm not surprised. I don't know when the word game was admittedly, but I don't think it was as recent as mine and his conversation. And considering of the approach I took to our previous game, his nature towards me wasn't surprising.

In post 56, AcRv wrote:and Vincent, you played with andrew94 in C9++. You should know that he makes slight errors like that. It means he's oblivious, not scum. And if you're trying for a policy lynch then I shall point out that if he is town, then we'll just get a no lynch, and then scum will probably shoot someone else because an oblivious confirmed town wouldn't really be scum's main target if there were other people who they thought were more of a threat to their faction.

...reads like andrew94 was a townread, not a nullread. Given that andrew94 was a townread for
me
extremely early, though, it's not of
much
significance ... but given my growing townread on andrew94, even nullreads are damning.

Where did I say andrew94 was a town read? I said that Vincent had pretty crumby reasoning for voting andrew considering he did the same thing as town in our last game. I can't read andrew94 at all, I only got the townread on him when he didn't hammer Metabot as soon as he could have.

This is neither fish nor fowl. Seriously - big long section elaborating on reasons for suspicion (including a vote) ... ending with a plea for more posting. It doesn't strike me as genuine.

... I give reasons for voting someone so I'm scum? and my reasoning for asking for him to post is because I have played too many games where people just lurk massively that it really annoys me when people lurk that badly when they're perfectly capable of posting.

In post 97, drmyshotgun wrote:Okay. Our mod from 1211 said the game's just not going to come back.
Zajnet told me who the scums were. Lol
@AcRv: I was Townie in that game. Scums were Praetyre and PieceofPecanPie. Thesp had jailkept u on Night 1 and u got protected from their kill. They checked Thesp's role and found out he was Jailkeeper for the Town. Thus Thesp pushed ur lynch and he was nightkilled on Night 2.
Absolutely Nobody had suspected Praetyre. Lol. I was going to lynch either Fungrus or Christmas. Maybe the game not ending was a good thing.

In post 98, drmyshotgun wrote:^ Does this help in any way?

In post 100, AcRv wrote:Although I think that scum is SleepyKrew and Vincent2128 this game, so the town read on you doesn't matter unless I'm wrong about Vincent. But I don't think I'm wrong about SleepyKrew.

Exchange submitted without comment.
... You mean we just had a random conversation? Because I'm good at those. Spent one game discussing whether or not I should watch Sgt. Frog with another player whilst the game was going on... Don't do them as much during the school term because I don't have time, but in the holidays I love them.

In post 116, AcRv wrote:

AcRv wrote:Although I think that scum is SleepyKrew and Vincent2128 this game, so the town read on you doesn't matter unless I'm wrong about Vincent.

Since when did townreads not matter?

Well, seeing as I currently have two scum reads in a game with a two-man scum team, they're not
as
important unless I find out I'm wrong about one of my scum reads. Which I could be.

On-topic: if you're scum, this isn't a bad idea - it protects you from having to invent more bogus reads.

... Okay, why didn't you bring that up sooner? the fact that you point it out now after we're in LyLo as opposed to then when it first came out strikes me as odd. If you had the best interest of town in mind you would have said "Hey, don't do that, it can lead to tunneling". Instead of waiting til LyLo and going "Bang! Scum right there!"

In post 481, andrew94 wrote:@ acrv i DID hammer metabot...

You hammered him 24 hours from deadline. You had the chance to hammer him about two days into deadline. If you were scum you would have taken the opportunity to do it then.

and your todays posts consists of small cases on pack and basically saying i cant be scum.
so thats buddying kinda.

So you're complaining that when there are two people other than me alive that I'm picking one as more likely scum than the other?
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Packbat »

In post 482, AcRv wrote:

... Okay, why didn't you bring that up sooner? the fact that you point it out now after we're in LyLo as opposed to then when it first came out strikes me as odd. If you had the best interest of town in mind you would have said "Hey, don't do that, it can lead to tunneling". Instead of waiting til LyLo and going "Bang! Scum right there!"

I didn't pick up on it at the time. It happens.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Packbat »

Tomorrow, pages 6-10.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Post by AcRv »

*yawn*

See you tomorrow then. Have a nice sleep! =)
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Packbat »

Sorry for putting this off - let me see how much I can do before bed.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Packbat »

AcRv's post 128: townread on drmyshotgun.

andrew94's post 131: calling BS on said townread, and saying that AcRv doesn't act on his theories. AcRv denies this, but doesn't react to the objections to his townread reasoning.

In post 143, AcRv wrote:
In post 142, andrew94 wrote:you said something about vincent with sleepy
maybe i dont understand your 2nd paragraph of 128

I thought that SleepyKrew left out Vincent when labelling "newbs" because he was in a scum team with him and forgot to not treat him like everyone else. Repeating it here now makes me think that I was incredibly stupid suggesting that due to how obvious it was... So now it comes off even more as buddying because there is no way someone would make it that obvious they were not talking about/to their buddy...

...what? I was wrong, therefore I was
even more right
?

In post 154, AcRv wrote:
In post 149, andrew94 wrote:Meta calling you gunny, i said earlier, stop calling shotgun gunny, it confuses me.

he continues to call you gunny (and someone else but i cant find it )
that means hes not reading
shotgun then says 'i like the name gunny' - soft defending of meta
i ask him why hes defending meta
meta answers that question (lol what did sleepy and pack say earlier)

and.....
Therefore,
shotgun is most likely scum with meta, (2 way buddying)

... I was in a game in which I started calling my number one scum suspect Shirley. And he didn't mind. Are you trying to say that players calling other players by nicknames that they approve of is scummy?
I seriously have no idea what you're on about

This looks funny to me - I think AcRv may be reacting to suspicion directed at his buddy, here.

Top of Page 8 - andrew94 is on the drmyshotgun wagon powerfully with Metabot and I. Bottom of Page 8: AcRv attempts to move the wagon off of drmyshotgun onto SleepyKrew.

AcRv's #203 commits one of my scumtells: ham-handed attempted humor.
In post 203, AcRv wrote:Before someone takes me seriously, that was in fact sarcasm...

A blind man could tell that that was sarcasm. It is a sign of scumminess to be worried about appearing to be scummy.

#209: drmyshotgun latches on deadline as an excuse to vote with AcRv on SleepyKrew.

In post 218, andrew94 wrote:The case:

Shotgun and Meta, as i have explained before
that big post that shotgun posted when he was at L1, he was like super distancing from Metabot
acrv: he has always just said it was sleepy+vincent, with logic that i can understand, but it might be that he is drawing attention from shotgun

so i think shotgun is scum, that means either meta or acrv is partner, that prob means sleepy is town from POE (even though hes useless and shit)

Noted without comment.

In post 221, AcRv wrote:
In post 218, andrew94 wrote:acrv: he has always just said it was sleepy+vincent, with logic that i can understand, but it might be that he is drawing attention from shotgun

Only with SleepyKrew lurking to a deadline and putting Vincent at risk I doubt a scum player would get their buddy lynched that way... I'm more enclined to think that SleepyKrew's been buddying Vincent2128 since that thought crossed my mind. And you say I've been going on about them. Well I was going on about SleepyKrew because he was acting differently to Vincent2128 throughout the ENTIRE game. The only time he addressed him like everyone else was when he asked everyone questions in a spoiler tab. Town have no reason to make someone different, he only would have done that if he were scum buddying him, or an inexperienced scum. He said that he was experienced, so he wouldn't have made all those mistakes if they were buddies. Which makes it somewhat more apparent that it was buddying.

Tell me why a town-aligned player would buddy someone so heavily like that.

In post 222, AcRv wrote:But, good to see that you do have your own thoughts. Makes me think you're somewhat townie... because if you were scum you'd've just gone with it and ended the day.

In post 223, andrew94 wrote:what? im saying YOU might be drawing attention from shotgun, by putting the sleepy and vincent pair

In post 224, AcRv wrote:I know. I'm saying that SleepyKrew is scum, and as you can see there's no valid defence for him AT ALL. So, with him as scum, you're saying I'm drawing attention away from drmyshotgun.

So you're saying I'm trying to defend my buddy... by getting my other buddy lynched? In a game with a two-man scum team?

If you can give reasons for why SleepyKrew is town, then I would see some weight in your case. But with SleepyKrew being THAT scummy, then he's scum. So I can't be drawing attention from my buddy because that would require a three man scum team.

If
SleepyKrew flips town, then your case will hold weight, and I will be raging so hard at SleepyKrew for being so anti-town.

In post 225, andrew94 wrote:what the crap?
i never linked sleepy as your buddy lol, if sleepy is scum, i dont think you would be his buddy, unless some heavy bussing is going on.

how long to deadline?

I think AcRv may be acting intentionally obtuse, here.

In post 230, drmyshotgun wrote:EBWOP:
In post 229, drmyshotgun wrote:
In post 228, AcRv wrote:
i never linked sleepy as your buddy lol, if sleepy is scum, i dont think you would be his buddy, unless some heavy bussing is going on.

But it's pretty obvious that SleepyKrew IS scum. And so I can't be buddies with drmyshotgun. Unless some magical pixie flies past and SleepyKrew flips town.

A magical pixie Andrew seems to be expecting. I can smell from his tone.
Really, if Sleepy flips TOWN. Andrew is one to look at.

And watch drmyshotgun try to set up andrew94 after the mislynch.

In post 249, AcRv wrote:WHATTHECRAPWASWITHTHATNOLYNCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, I was literally raging when I saw that... I've been holding onto that since he caused the no lynch.

Anyway, going to look at everything in more detail... but my head is still getting over SleepyKrew being town to be honest. Hopefully he'll give an explanation postgame to why he did what he did...

I recall being told that scum will fake rage after a mislynch.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I need to continue rereading. Everything I have seen has supported the conclusion in my mind that andrew94 is unlikely to be the last scum, and that AcRv is likely to be the last scum. If either of you want me to continue, I'll do that - otherwise I'm willing to vote right now.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by andrew94 »

short post: keep going, you brought up some points i missed
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 487, Packbat wrote:AcRv's post 128: townread on drmyshotgun.

So I'm not allowed to be wrong with my reads?

andrew94's post 131: calling BS on said townread, and saying that AcRv doesn't act on his theories. AcRv denies this, but doesn't react to the objections to his townread reasoning.

In post 143, AcRv wrote:
In post 142, andrew94 wrote:you said something about vincent with sleepy
maybe i dont understand your 2nd paragraph of 128

I thought that SleepyKrew left out Vincent when labelling "newbs" because he was in a scum team with him and forgot to not treat him like everyone else. Repeating it here now makes me think that I was incredibly stupid suggesting that due to how obvious it was... So now it comes off even more as buddying because there is no way someone would make it that obvious they were not talking about/to their buddy...

...what? I was wrong, therefore I was
even more right
?

I was saying that scum would never single out their buddy that blatantly obviously. Considering his experience he claimed to have, I assumed that he'd be smarter than to make such an obvious connection to his real buddy. Someone could look at that and go "hey, SleepyKrew treated that guy differently, they're connected" and if SleepyKrew got lynched and revealed scum, Vincent would have looked suspicious.

Of course when Sleepy flipped town that became completely null.

In post 154, AcRv wrote:
In post 149, andrew94 wrote:Meta calling you gunny, i said earlier, stop calling shotgun gunny, it confuses me.

he continues to call you gunny (and someone else but i cant find it )
that means hes not reading
shotgun then says 'i like the name gunny' - soft defending of meta
i ask him why hes defending meta
meta answers that question (lol what did sleepy and pack say earlier)

and.....
Therefore,
shotgun is most likely scum with meta, (2 way buddying)

... I was in a game in which I started calling my number one scum suspect Shirley. And he didn't mind. Are you trying to say that players calling other players by nicknames that they approve of is scummy?
I seriously have no idea what you're on about

This looks funny to me - I think AcRv may be reacting to suspicion directed at his buddy, here.

I don't think that scumreads on people with really flimsy reasoning are a good thing to have floating around... it could lead to mislynches. If he had something good on them, then sure. But when you're trying to say people are scum buddies because they call each other nicknames - That's just going to end badly.

Top of Page 8 - andrew94 is on the drmyshotgun wagon powerfully with Metabot and I. Bottom of Page 8: AcRv attempts to move the wagon off of drmyshotgun onto SleepyKrew.

... He was actively lurking. Of course I was going to want him lynched, he was sitting back doing jack all! I wasn't going to lynch someone I thought was town when there's some guy who could easily have been scum and been letting us mislynch shotgun while he sat there watching.

Also, you were the
first
person to leave the drmyshotgun wagon.

AcRv's #203 commits one of my scumtells: ham-handed attempted humor

In post 203, AcRv wrote:Before someone takes me seriously, that was in fact sarcasm...

A blind man could tell that that was sarcasm. It is a sign of scumminess to be worried about appearing to be scummy.

That was actually me being really pissed off. When I get really annoyed I try to make a mockery of the situation. And also, the fact it was blatantly obviously sarcasm is why scum wouldn't care about it - because it would defend itself. I stated it was sarcasm because I have had some really stupid people not get sarcasm when it's staring them in the face. And it would just be annoying to have to waste time telling them "It was a joke", etc.

#209: drmyshotgun latches on deadline as an excuse to vote with AcRv on SleepyKrew.

... Why did he pick SleepyKrew over Metabot then? You and andrew94 were more than willing to vote Metabot at that point. In fact in doing that he would have distanced from me. So you're suggesting he'd go and put himself on the same wagon as his buddy instead of going with the one that would leave one of our hands clean?

Although he was going on a different wagon to his buddy. You were on Metabot the entire time. When it came to deadline he was all over SleepyKrew.

In post 221, AcRv wrote:
In post 218, andrew94 wrote:acrv: he has always just said it was sleepy+vincent, with logic that i can understand, but it might be that he is drawing attention from shotgun

Only with SleepyKrew lurking to a deadline and putting Vincent at risk I doubt a scum player would get their buddy lynched that way... I'm more enclined to think that SleepyKrew's been buddying Vincent2128 since that thought crossed my mind. And you say I've been going on about them. Well I was going on about SleepyKrew because he was acting differently to Vincent2128 throughout the ENTIRE game. The only time he addressed him like everyone else was when he asked everyone questions in a spoiler tab. Town have no reason to make someone different, he only would have done that if he were scum buddying him, or an inexperienced scum. He said that he was experienced, so he wouldn't have made all those mistakes if they were buddies. Which makes it somewhat more apparent that it was buddying.

Tell me why a town-aligned player would buddy someone so heavily like that.

In post 222, AcRv wrote:But, good to see that you do have your own thoughts. Makes me think you're somewhat townie... because if you were scum you'd've just gone with it and ended the day.

In post 223, andrew94 wrote:what? im saying YOU might be drawing attention from shotgun, by putting the sleepy and vincent pair

In post 224, AcRv wrote:I know. I'm saying that SleepyKrew is scum, and as you can see there's no valid defence for him AT ALL. So, with him as scum, you're saying I'm drawing attention away from drmyshotgun.

So you're saying I'm trying to defend my buddy... by getting my other buddy lynched? In a game with a two-man scum team?

If you can give reasons for why SleepyKrew is town, then I would see some weight in your case. But with SleepyKrew being THAT scummy, then he's scum. So I can't be drawing attention from my buddy because that would require a three man scum team.

If
SleepyKrew flips town, then your case will hold weight, and I will be raging so hard at SleepyKrew for being so anti-town.

how long to deadline?

I think AcRv may be acting intentionally obtuse, here.

There I was convinced that SleepyKrew was scum, and so I couldn't see his logic - because SleepyKrew was just actively lurking like crazy with scummy behaviour. That was why I wasn't buying andrew94's logic - because I was convinced that Sleepy had to be scum. And thought it obvious.

In post 230, drmyshotgun wrote:EBWOP:
In post 229, drmyshotgun wrote:
In post 228, AcRv wrote:

But it's pretty obvious that SleepyKrew IS scum. And so I can't be buddies with drmyshotgun. Unless some magical pixie flies past and SleepyKrew flips town.

A magical pixie Andrew seems to be expecting. I can smell from his tone.
Really, if Sleepy flips TOWN. Andrew is one to look at.

And watch drmyshotgun try to set up andrew94 after the mislynch.

... What does that have to do with me? That just makes andrew look town. Which we've already decided. Why even bring that up? Unless you're trying to make it look like you have more stuff than you have?

Sorry, I was literally raging when I saw that... I've been holding onto that since he caused the no lynch.

Anyway, going to look at everything in more detail... but my head is still getting over SleepyKrew being town to be honest. Hopefully he'll give an explanation postgame to why he did what he did...

I recall being incredibly pissed off at how SleepyKrew was actively lurking as town. That was why I was exclaiming angrily.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I need to continue rereading. Everything I have seen has supported the conclusion in my mind that andrew94 is unlikely to be the last scum, and that AcRv is likely to be the last scum. If either of you want me to continue, I'll do that - otherwise I'm willing to vote right now.

Look, I know that you're scum, you know that you have to pin it on me if you stand a chance. I know that if you vote me, andrew will hammer and you'll win.

Quite frankly, the fact that you didn't pick up on ANY of this earlier is what's making me suspicious. You have nothing all game, and then BANG! You have whole walls of the stuff. Forcing humour is a scum tell? That one you can't say you didn't pick up on earlier. You can't say that you didn't notice my rage, either. You are pulling out anything and everything to try and make me look scummy at the last minute. But it doesn't make sense that you didn't pick up on ANY of this beforehand.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Packbat »

In post 489, AcRv wrote:
In post 487, Packbat wrote:AcRv's post 128: townread on drmyshotgun.

So I'm not allowed to be wrong with my reads?

You had no reaction to andrew94's objection to your wrong read - that's the relevant part.

... He was actively lurking. Of course I was going to want him lynched, he was sitting back doing jack all! I wasn't going to lynch someone I thought was town when there's some guy who could easily have been scum and been letting us mislynch shotgun while he sat there watching.

Also, you were the
first
person to leave the drmyshotgun wagon.

I was the first sucker you suckered off your partner's wagon, this is true. Well done, sir.

AcRv's #203 commits one of my scumtells: ham-handed attempted humor

That was actually me being really pissed off. When I get really annoyed I try to make a mockery of the situation. And also, the fact it was blatantly obviously sarcasm is why scum wouldn't care about it - because it would defend itself.

Precisely so - I have no objection to artistically-presented ire in the sarcastic genre.
I stated it was sarcasm because I have had some really stupid people not get sarcasm when it's staring them in the face. And it would just be annoying to have to waste time telling them "It was a joke", etc.

This I call BS on. However legitimate your excuse, the statistical fact remains that scum will disclaimer their sarcasm more frequently than town - and when I read your post, that's what I see.

... Why did he pick SleepyKrew over Metabot then? You and andrew94 were more than willing to vote Metabot at that point. In fact in doing that he would have distanced from me. So you're suggesting he'd go and put himself on the same wagon as his buddy instead of going with the one that would leave one of our hands clean?

Although he was going on a different wagon to his buddy. You were on Metabot the entire time. When it came to deadline he was all over SleepyKrew.

I think he was following your lead. Some scum players will follow their buddy's lead - drmyshotgun strikes me as the type, at least as far as this game goes.

There I was convinced that SleepyKrew was scum, and so I couldn't see his logic - because SleepyKrew was just actively lurking like crazy with scummy behaviour. That was why I wasn't buying andrew94's logic - because I was convinced that Sleepy had to be scum. And thought it obvious.

In other words, you were tunneling. That's not an excuse for the behavior.

[post #230 cut for length]
... What does that have to do with me? That just makes andrew look town. Which we've already decided. Why even bring that up? Unless you're trying to make it look like you have more stuff than you have?

Directly? Nothing. It wasn't addressed to you. It was addressed to
me
, the person trying to evaluate the scumminess of these two players, AcRv and andrew94, relatively and absolutely.

I recall being incredibly pissed off at how SleepyKrew was actively lurking as town. That was why I was exclaiming angrily.

What SleepyKrew did was not sufficiently stupid to justify frothing days after the reveal. If he fakeclaimed a guilty result on a town player, got lynched for it, and flipped town? Yeah, justified. Low involvement? No.

Quite frankly, the fact that you didn't pick up on ANY of this earlier is what's making me suspicious. You have nothing all game, and then BANG! You have whole walls of the stuff. Forcing humour is a scum tell? That one you can't say you didn't pick up on earlier. You can't say that you didn't notice my rage, either. You are pulling out anything and everything to try and make me look scummy at the last minute. But it doesn't make sense that you didn't pick up on ANY of this beforehand.

You've never reread a really good book, have you? You miss things, the first time you read something - particularly if you're not reading carefully, and doubly-so if you have some incorrect impression of what's going on in your head. (A couple people told me that when they watched the movie
Chariots of Fire
, they couldn't tell apart the actors playing the foppish hard-drinking British nobleman and the super-religious teetotaling Christian until the scene at the end where they were both in the same room. Talk about confusing!) Because I know that either you or andrew94 is the last scum, I'm reading
your
posts and
his
posts carefully. And because I know the context, I can pay more attention to the details - especially because we've had a scumflip since, but just in general.

I'll be out most of tomorrow afternoon, but I'll try to power through 11-15 Monday.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 9:20 am

Post by andrew94 »

Some of pack's points feel wrong. e.g. when he says shotgun remembers acrv more vividly than metabot...

HOwever acrv's this post: 'I know that if you vote me, andrew will hammer and you'll win.' feels wrong. Can you see whats wrong with this post?
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Packbat »

Possibly, andrew94, but I can't articulate it.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by andrew94 »

whats articulate...
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by Packbat »

Put into words, describe, explain, elaborate, state - I can't tell you why I think that sentence sounds off. Maybe it seems forced, like AcRv wasn't actually feeling anger at the time?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i was thinking more along the lines of

'andrew will vote me, and packbat will hammer me and you'll win' if he was town and you were scum..
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Post by AcRv »

Packbat wrote:

What SleepyKrew did was not sufficiently stupid to justify frothing days after the reveal. If he fakeclaimed a guilty result on a town player, got lynched for it, and flipped town? Yeah, justified. Low involvement? No.
In post 197, SleepyKrew wrote:lalalalala
LALALALALA
YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO
And that? When he could have at least tried to post content, he did THAT.

You've never reread a really good book, have you? You miss things, the first time you read something - particularly if you're not reading carefully, and doubly-so if you have some incorrect impression of what's going on in your head. (A couple people told me that when they watched the movie
Chariots of Fire
, they couldn't tell apart the actors playing the foppish hard-drinking British nobleman and the super-religious teetotaling Christian until the scene at the end where they were both in the same room. Talk about confusing!) Because I know that either you or andrew94 is the last scum, I'm reading
your
posts and
his
posts carefully. And because I know the context, I can pay more attention to the details - especially because we've had a scumflip since, but just in general.

... so you missed my Capslock rage at the start of day? Because you said that raging like that is statistically scummy. So if you did see it, then you'd have thought it scummy and said something. I doubt you missed that.

The thing is that when you point out things now that were impossible to miss back then, I start to think that you're doing it in desperation.

Packbat wrote:Put into words, describe, explain, elaborate, state - I can't tell you why I think that sentence sounds off. Maybe it seems forced, like AcRv wasn't actually feeling anger at the time?

It wasn't anger, it was explaining what's going to happen.

Also, andrew, the reason I said that Packbat would vote me first is because you're the most town. So it seems most logical to let you cast the hammer because then we at least have a 50% chance of getting scum instead of 0%.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:53 am

Post by Packbat »

That fact that you were angry? Sure, impossible to miss.

The
implications
of that anger? Easy to miss. Particularly because some signs aren't 100%.

Rereading later.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Post by Packbat »

Oops - forgot. Tomorrow, probably.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 am

Post by AcRv »

In post 497, Packbat wrote:That fact that you were angry? Sure, impossible to miss.

The
implications
of that anger? Easy to miss. Particularly because some signs aren't 100%.

Hang on a second... you said the rage was fake.

The rage would only be fake if I were scum. You can't tell whether or not it's fake.

Basically that is a null point that you tried to put forward as a scum one. In your last post said that the implications aren't 100%... you have no way of knowing whether or not my actions were fake, and you basically acknowledged that. So why is it now considered scummy? It could be either, couldn't it?

Return to “Completed Open Games”