hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 am

Post by hasdgfas »

While it's going to be anticlimactic, let's just get this over with. You guys are released from this, go ahead and do role reveals on your own.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by Vi »

Fricking fricking frick frick I WANTED A FLAVORFUL ENDGAME SCENE.

Also, etc.

The short of it: Zar was indeed The Broken Jug. charter was the last scum. And I was the SK and the sole winner. Start with fine French art; end with zombie apocalypse. You're welcome~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Spoiler: My Role PM
springlullaby wrote:
Role PM

You are
The Louvre’s Mummy
, the exquisitely preserved remains of an Egyptian man having lived in the Ptolemaic era. A mysterious source of energy has recently woken you from your eternal sleep. Only, you quite liked your rest; the Egyptian afterlife is after all filled with breads, wines, perfumed dancers sashaying to the languid scores of the sistrum and pleasant hunting parties on the banks of river Nile. This business of being reawakened to the mortal world, in such a strange place nonetheless is definitively upsetting you. It is time for carnage: maybe if you destruct everything, you will also destroy whatever caused your current state and thus be allowed to reunite with the succulent wild duck cooked in honey that you have left, back in your eternal residence.

Wincon

You are a free agent concerned with only your survival and revenge. You win when all factions but yourself have been eliminated from the game or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities

• Vote:
    during the day, you may cast a vote which will count toward a lynch.
  • Kill:
    each night you may choose a player to target and destroy.
  • Anathema:
    at night you have the power to bewitch one of the four canopic vases containing your viscera to perpetrate the kill in your stead, it will make you very difficult to trace but if you choose to do so the vase will be destroyed and you will suffer permanent damage in the form of cumulative day post restrictions.
    • Duamutef
      , the jackal-headed god representing the east, whose jar contains the stomach and is protected by the goddess Neith. In every post, you must bemoan that you can no longer taste the flavor of wild duck cooked with honey and garlic.
    • Hapi
      , the baboon-headed god representing the north, whose jar contains the lungs and is protected by the goddess Nephthys. In every post, you must bemoan that you can no longer smell the rich odour of cedar from lebanon.
    • Imseti
      , the human-headed god representing the south, whose jar contained the liver and was protected by the goddess Isis. In every post you must bemoan that you can no longer drink sweet beer made from bread and laced with the aroma of dates.
    • Qebehsenuef
      , the falcon-headed god representing the west, whose jar contained the intestines and was protected by the goddess Selket. In every post you must bemoan that you must purge yourself with a mixture of notched sycomore boiled with honey.

• Indestructible (passive):
    due to your mummified form, nightkill cannot cause you permanent harm.
  • Inhuman strength(passive):
    your mummified form makes you strong enough to overcome any enemy. Your kill will always be resolved first.

The game thread can be found here.

Please reply to this PM to confirm that you have read and understood your role.
Mod clarification: "Inhuman Strength" means that I will win ties with Mafia, not that I actually ignore Roleblocks and Redirects.
"Anathema" makes the kill immune to investigations (e.g. The Broken Jug) and causes no clue to be posted at time of death.

Spoiler: Various mod correspondence, some of which shows WTF I was dealing with and some of it hilarious
springlullaby wrote:Hi,

On the subject of fakeclaim: if you wish to fakeclaim, you are totally on your own. And due to the nature of the game and your abilities, if you get caught by role information, you deserve to get caught. ;)

On the subject of the restrictions: only the subject of your longing must be quoted verbatim. i.e. If you choose to use the stomach vase, you can say "I really wish I could eat some
wild duck cooked in honey and garlic
" but not "I long for wild duck".

---

(One day after the thread opened for Day 1)

springlullaby wrote:Hi, it occurred to me that I didn't have a rule forbidding people to post their role PM picture.
As I don't want to actually add that rule because I like screwing with people who hope to break setups, I'm giving you some pics in the same style as the sample town PM that you can use if you ever want to claim a human role, if they exist.

Please be careful to rehost with a desired file name imitating my style (see sample role pic) in case someone notice that detail.

http://s8.postimage.org/ig2zfgehh/image.jpg
http://s15.postimage.org/l6b7nc6yz/image.jpg
http://postimage.org/image/pxfoj3p6v/e9797119/
http://s18.postimage.org/4lu8ff8bd/image.jpg

---

(At the start of Day 3)

springlullaby wrote:
Vi wrote:
springlullaby wrote:Hi, the inscription in the day start scene concerns you.
Would you prefer having solution right now or try to solve it by yourself?
It would be coherent with flavour if you knew what it meant, but maybe you want to find out by yourself?

Let me know :)
I would like to know what it means. (go go flavor character leaving clues like I want to be caught or something)

I figured the first part out, but aside from Vietnamese being an odd choice of language I don't know what to get from it so etc.

You are a mummy, a spirit of vengeance from millennium past, not a lame ass modern day serial killer. You are not afraid of being caught :P.

Anyway, the clue is in demotic, the script a man from Ptolemaic Egypt would have used.
The first line says I tear my ennemy at night.
The second line is an approximative phonetic transliteration of the word 'mummy'. See below.
http://s17.postimage.org/hfpzk3ytr/clue_2.jpg

Voilà :D

---

(Shortly after Day 4 began)

springlullaby wrote:Subject: Mini 1327: Murder in the Louvre- Day 4.

Vi wrote:
In post 1801, springlullaby wrote:
M
orning rose as bleak as a sad duck's plumage.
Funny that ducks are mentioned here. Sad ducks at that. Sad wild ducks cooked in honey and garlic.

I actually -do- have a few things to say. (I mean, aside from the normal report about Nuwen being scum - check out that massive question dodge between 1808 and 1809.) But as for now, you can enjoy the taste of the aforementioned duck (alas, you will have to do so without me) and in the meantime give good consideration to roasting this turkey:

Vote: Nuwen
(L-3)

---

I've already looked up Yos's role. If you can find it your Google-fu will be superior to mine.

It's
wild
duck, I'll let this one go but I took the liberty of correcting your post.
Also :P
springlullaby wrote:
Vi wrote:What, they didn't have domesticated duck in Ptolemaic Egypt?

Sorry; I just remembered the "honey and garlic" part of the corrections we mentioned earlier. I'll throw the wildness in from here on.

Actually that's a good question, from what I remembered it was mainly cattle that was bred in Egypt and poultry was primarily hunted with a boomerang like weapon in the marshes surrounding the Nile (like you can see in tombs paintings). But after checking, actually, you are right, most species of ducks were domesticated and only one type of geese found on tombs paintings was not. It seems that cattle breeding was simply a more popular decorative motif to symbolize the opulence implied by the farming activities.

So yeah, you can drop the 'wild' from now on. :)
(I'm just including this for hilarity.)

Spoiler: Night actions
Night 1:
Kill charter, with no canopic jar. (The kill fails, so no clue.)

Night 2:
Kill Parama, with no canopic jar. (The kill succeeds; a clue is left, see above.)

Night 3:
Kill shos, with Anathema Duamutef. (The kill fails; Vi receives a post restriction anyway)

Night 4:
Kill Zar, with Anathema Hapi. (Magua is killed instead; Vi receives a second post restriction)

Night 5:
Kill Yosarian2, with Anathema Imseti. (Yosarian2 dies; Vi receives a third post restriction)

tl;dr

I was a pirate ninja zombie with no defined safeclaim in a game where I was told that I had no NEED for a safeclaim in a vanillaless game where I had no secondary action (thus needed to totally b.s. my entire action history) and dropped a clue that could only point to me every time I killed someone (if I didn't pick up an inexplicable and cumulative post restriction) and was fighting against getting killed by scum (twice) and investigated (twice, where one of these investigations would have outed me as scum if I used one of those safeclaims) in a game with Town power everywhere and, most notably, a totally Ascetic obvTown Survivor who was playing to Town's Win Condition that I could do basically nothing about WITH a lingering longing for domesticated duck cooked in honey and garlic and evidently hunted with boomerang-like weapons.

And also UberNinja was incredibly Town D1. Seriously.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Also other flavor stuff.
Spoiler: Special Night action result PMs
springlullaby wrote:
You invoke the power of the goddess Nephthys to summon Hapi in order to destroy your enemy in your stead. In exchange of his aid, you offer your own entrails as sacrifice.

As you perform the ritual, the canopic jar containing your lungs is destroyed as Hapi himself takes form. The god bows to you and depart to execute his task.

You have used up the canopic jar Hapi.
You are now subjected to the following post restriction: in every post, you must bemoan that you can no longer smell the rich odour of cedar from Lebanon.
This restriction is cumulative with all previous restrictions.
Modkill will be enforced if you fails to abide by it more than three times.
(The Night 5 result was the same with different names and restrictions.)

springlullaby wrote:Always a pleasure to receive you night action, ofc I can't comment. :)
Here is your result:

You invoke the power of the goddess Neith to summon Duamutef in order to destroy your enemy in your stead. In exchange of his aid, you offer your own entrails as sacrifice.

As the sorcery takes hold, the canopic Jar containing you stomach is destroyed whereas Duamutef himself materializes. The god bows to you and depart to execute his task.

While you wait, confident and with anticipated joy brewing in your heart, an inhuman howl suddenly lacerate the silence of the night. Simultaneously, in your mind eye you see a blast of pure light striking your summoned servant, making him collapse.

You have used up the canopic jar Duamutef.
You are now subjected to the following post restriction: in every post, you must bemoan that you can no longer taste the flavor of wild duck cooked with honey and garlic.
Modkill will be enforced if you fails to abide by it more than three times.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Parama »

I roleblocked you N1
I think

How does that make you feel?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 2179, Parama wrote:I roleblocked you N1
I think

How does that make you feel?
Astoundingly, it gives me no more remorse about getting charter lynched on the last Day while thinking he was scum. (Okay, by the end I realized that something was up, but still, I couldn't explain how my kill failed N1.)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by Oversoul »

This game was awesome
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Zar »

I KNEW VI WAS SCUMMMM
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Zar »

well at least town placed second :/
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Zar »

this is ridiculous there was no way town could win that game on endgame ;_;
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Zar »

wait charter was town? EPIC FAIL
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Zar »

or not? my head is still splitting from this game...

there were how many parties in the louvre game? four?
Show

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 2186, Zar wrote:or not? my head is still splitting from this game...

there were how many parties in the louvre game? four?
Four.

On play, I think charter was actually Town. charter-scum is a lot more scary.

Also please don't hate and distrust me forever. :( You've already broken off the engagement; that should be enough.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Zar »

no I don't hate you, you played your SK role well

BUT SERIOUSLY, 13 P multifactional?
Show

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Vi »

And yet I think the game was Town-sided. Remember, every Townie except me had an ability (and a p.good ability at that). The game stood a good chance of going into lockdown mode D4.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Spoiler: role pm
springlullaby wrote:
Role PM

You are
Williard Winckelmann
, a scientific consultant specialized in art expertise working in collaboration with the Louvre. You do not regret moving from Germany even thought Parisian are sometimes insufferably arrogant, working for the past ten years with such a museum has been great and you can often be seen in your lab until late into the night, grey hair in disarray and a look of concentration on your face. Your wife complains enough about the after hours, but in truth, the time spent in the company of finely tuned instruments and delicate work of arts is a welcome respite from the dreadful woman. The death of the Directeur has affected you as he was a good man. You have decided to use expertise to help putting the culprit behind bars.

Wincon

You dearly love the Louvre and will do anything to save it. You win when all threats to the Museum have been eliminated from the game or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities

• Vote:
  • Expertise:
    Each night you may take a sample from a player of your choice to perform chemical analysis and radiocarbon dating tests.

Spoiler: n1 result (expertise yos)
springlullaby wrote:You were able to secure a small piece of cloth from Yosarian.
Ocular examination reveals that it is made of modern synthetic textile.
You decide against radiocarbon testing as the sample is not ancient enough to obtain conclusive results.

Ability update: Due to Uberninja's death, you are now able to apply your expertise to deceased or destroyed player if you choose to do so.

Spoiler: n2 result (expertise charter)
springlullaby wrote:
You obtain a fragment of wood from charter. You stay late in your lab to test it.
Ocular observation reveals that it is covered in oil paint.
X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy shows that manganese oxide was used as pigment.
IR spectroscopic analysis reveals that the wood is poplar. It further reveals traces of glue.
Carbon dating of the wood reveals that it dates from early 16th century.

You are quite excited about your finding. Happy, you are about to quit your lab when a tall man enters.
And kills you.

I'm sorry you are dead.
You may now join the communal graveyard here: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/hBxusKsEMHWnk

dead qt http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/hBxusKsEMHWnk
from what nuwen and spring said the scum team was just nuwen/furc. charter was town
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by Zar »

I really hope charter wasn't scum because 13 player with 3 Mafia + SK + Survivor is an overkill :P

Though Nuwen's role should totally be nominated for whatever role claim.
Show

kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

i was convinced d2 that one of nuwen/vi was scum but i was terrified of lynching the wrong one :x
turns out both were the right choice woops. nice win vi : ]

also agree, un was painfully obvtown d1. still dont regret my elmo push.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Vi »

excoos me kanye

but

what do you mean YOUR ROLE ALSO PUNISHED FAKECLAIMS
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

yah lol
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

good thing u didnt need a fakeclaim : ]
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Nuwen wrote:
springlullaby wrote:
Role PM

You are
Belphegor
, the phantom of the Louvre made of shadows. A mysterious source of energy has recently re-awoken you from the state of non-being in which you had fallen following your last downfall. During the day, you are immaterial and can barely summon the forces necessary to influence fate, but at night your new-found power allows you to possess the body of Polyphème Desroches - your previous host Simone Desroches’ descendant, to perpetrate your deeds. You are motivated by an unstoppable drive to destroy the Louvre Museum. To this end, you have joined force in an opportunistic alliance with Madame Récamier(Furcolow), a painting harboring bitter sentiments and an impressive desire for destruction. With her help you were successful in murdering Jean-Valérie Champollion, the director of the museum. You will stop at nothing to ensure the downfall of this forsaken institution.

Wincon

You are member of the informed minority. You win when the members of your alliance equal or outnumber the remaining players or if nothing can prevent the same.

Factional abilities

• Daytalk:
    You may communicate with your partner in this quicktopic.
  • Kill:
    Each night, a member of your alliance may choose a player to target and destroy.

Individual abilities

• Vote:
  • Possession:
    If you choose to perpetrate the kill, you will do so by while using Desroches' body. The crime will then be traced back to your host. However be warned that if you choose to use this ability, your host will progressively become aware of something not being quite right. This ability carries beyond your host's death as you are able to possess his corpse.
  • Phantom (passive):
    an immaterial being, investigations on your person will lead to inconclusive results and your investigator bewitched by shadows.

N1: Nuwen kills Vi (possession)
Furwhatever rolecops/blocks Zar.

N2: Nuwen kills Kanye (possession)

N3: Nuwen kills Vi (normal)

I am... so very not zen with regard to this game. At the very least, I'm blacklisting Furcolow for non-communication and then some.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

i think that spring wanted you to be forced to claim mummy so that youd have a reason to use your pr body part stuff since the clues point to the mummy. so mean springchan~~
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by Zar »

springlullaby wrote:Hi,

I hope you are still up to replace as Fate had to drop out.
Here is your Role PM.

Role PM

You are
The Broken Jug
by Jean-Baptise Greuze. Inhabited by a deep sense of melancholia, you err the hallways of the museum after dark, travelling from frame to frame, hoping to find distraction to lift your listlessness. It is seldom that your attention is captured by the affairs of the human world, but the recent murder committed in your home has raised your interest and you have decided to provide your aid in solving the case.

Wincon

You dearly love the Louvre and will do anything to save it. You win when all threats to the Museum have been eliminated from the game or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities

• Vote:
  • Curiosity:
    Each night you may follow a player of your choice to see where they go. Be warned, not everything is as it seems.

Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Zar »

N1: Investigated Furcolow (Failed)
N2: Investigated Charter (Visited Vi)
N3: Investigated shos (failed)
N4: Investigated Vi ("didn't move")
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”