Dance of the Title Fairy: ORCA's Greatest Hits

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

If someone can come up with a good way to relate SK coing up with the Team Skittles thing with Marshawn Lynch that doesnt just jump on the obvious "Beast Mode" that might make an interesting path of discussion. Of course if SK doesnt get this connection without google it probably should be dropped either way.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 459, Umbrage wrote:
Not Beast Mode

easy

You may have found the only possible relationship that actually is WORSE than Beast Mode. Congrats.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:25 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 461, Umbrage wrote:i aim to please

but seriously how much can you expect when you don't give da links?

If you need the exact post SK first used the term 'skittles' to describe all mod teams... here.

Not sure how its that much different than me saying "SK was first to use term Skittles to describe mod team" though.

Also no. Im not Parama-esq in not wanting a title but nothing is better than something forced.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Im likely to reject 99% of things, especially if its something I dont feel is something that ive done as at all important here.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

As much as I never thought I would say this... I agree with redFF here, even though I was at the meet.

I think titles should more relate to something connected to the site instead of "that one thing at that one bar at that one meet that not everyone even went to", even though it does describe part of what occured there pretty well. Even the not mafia related ones (reck for instance) still came from some major site related thing that overlaped a whole lot with real world occurances.

I expect to be shouted down quite a bit like I was last time I took this stance, but I think any titles origin should be easily located on the forum instead of it being a story.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Umbrage getting competitive for the covated AlabaskaJr award with the "if its not funny the first time it might be the hundreth" joke
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I agree with zoraster on meet based titles, dont think they should exist still. If its something that heavily supplements an on-site thing that has existed then its more ok. If its the origin (or only occurance), I dont think that really should be allowed.

If anything starts with "you had to be there" its probably a bad thing for a title. At least with stuff that happens here someone can read back and see how it actually unfolded (zorasters title for example), but its like a friend who tells you what they think is a hillarious story from a party they went to. Chances are its not going to be that funny to you because you werent there.

Lets say I meet some random scummer for lunch and during lunch they knock over their drink half a dozen times. Should I come back and nominate them for "clumsy" or something based on them doing that? No. It may be funny to me, and to them, but no one else is really going to get it or remember them by that fact. If this somehow relates to singer as related to the site and did before the meet too, then its a decent title. Anything that would not have existed without the meet should not be a title though to me.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:31 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Same area im coming from though.

For example to only title on this page that I do not get is shaft.ed.

zoraster came from that one assassins game
oman was the fakeclaim as SK
reck is from the GP2 thing
ani is because he adds nothing to anything he touches
ythan is for him posting a ton in games
faraday is because he cant keep games straight

The last three are all "if you play with them you get it" titles that can be appreciated for that reason. The other two while the games are old, they can actually be pointed to and the title be enjoyed for that reason because if someone is so inclined, they CAN read the game. Meet titles you only can pick up from word of mouth. Reck has the closest to borderline im happy with since it was something from real life, but it manifested itself into one of the largest threads on MS history.

If the title nom is SUPPLEMENTED by a meet, its fine. If its SPAWNS from a meet (ipie) then no, its not something I would support.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 624, quadz08 wrote:And there we disagree. I don't really care where it spawns, if it's particularly memorable (iPie's is an especially good example; it's referenced at least occasionally now, half a year later, by people who weren't even there) then it's fine to be a title.

Maybe thats where we differ. I have never seen it referenced once outside of people occasionally complaining about how it wasnt allowed as a title, if its a F62 thing (entirely different debate) or something, it should be said "as an F62 thing" and not a meet thing.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I agree with Oman.

Even being at the meet there probably is something better than can be done for singer. Not sure what, but if I just heard that title I probably wouldnt have come up with singer as the one who has it.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 662, Mr. Flay wrote:Back on topic, I think we liked constant vigilance but were just divided on capitalization. Oman can probably just declare one option best (we can also shrink font size a bit if ALLCAPS is gonna be too much).

I dont think CAPS is a good thing for the title. Even the CAPS players titles are just jabs at being those players and not in all caps. Unless it makes zero sense in lowercase, its the right choice easily.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Player Titles”