BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by BK201 »

In post 43, andrew94 wrote:I agree with llama's logic of tracker> vig, however you are missing one important point.
The whole point of the vig is to take matters into your own hands.
Vigilante is too much of a liability in this set-up.

In post 43, andrew94 wrote:BK is rolefishing
Bk is backtracking

@ Llama HOw did he approach the tracker/vig thing from town POV. I see that post as rolefishing. You however, are approaching it from a town POV.
Explain.

In post 46, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 44, Venmar wrote:Why do you hate RQS so much when clearly me starting it has already sparked a discussion? If this was RVS than we would still be speculating off of votes that most were made in a humorous manner, and therefor most are actually useless to use until someone makes a stupid mistake, and thus a possible slip.

RQS sparks theory discussions which are a side point in most open games where they should end at things such as "tracker is best" and maybe get into "hider claim + track follow" although thats not as big and im still mulling that one vs hypo-hide over.
hypo-hide? so we would all hypothetically claim who will hide behind? thus if the hider turns up dead, we check back and see who he hid behind, thus finding scum(or vigilante if vig/tracker picks that). right?
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, Cause the dead can't testify - Billy Talent
LowMan
LowMan
Townie
LowMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by LowMan »

Oh FFS, Nacho's in the game? Great...

For now I'm going to UNVOTE: as it's clear nobody else will buy in to the PL.

FoS: Nacho for deliberately attempting to antagonize me by mangling my name and voting me based mainly on lurking, which he is very guilty of himself and has a long history of.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Venmar »

@ LowMan

- Nacho hasn't been lurking this game, and it is quite unfair to really point fingers at him this early when it hasn't even been 24 hours. Of course you might not be referring to this game, in that case i never played with Nacho so i cant say.

- You still haven't explained why you wanted to Policy Lynch Llama... I would like to know why.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
LowMan
LowMan
Townie
LowMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by LowMan »

In post 52, Venmar wrote:
@ LowMan

- You still haven't explained why you wanted to Policy Lynch Llama... I would like to know why.

Based mainly on post 14:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Vote Venmar

Not random.

Not answering questions.

Venmar wagon should happen now.

Avoiding RQS and RVS and immediately pushing for a lynch. I was only half-serious about the PL aspect but it was a serious vote on someone that appeared scummy to me at the time.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 51, LowMan wrote:For now I'm going to UNVOTE: as it's clear nobody else will buy in to the PL.

So what... im guessing this is VI makes an alt or something at this point?

I agree with nacho about most of his post, but really think that LM is more likely just someone who is trying to get around bad meta or something, more not-smart than scummy. If they are someone I know I would almost rather they just say since I tend to do a good job at reading players like kondi and Furc (basically VI I have seen before).
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Chimera »

I'm already confused...LowKey has been named twice, I'm going to assume LowMan is meant by that, right?

Votecount 1.4

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-08 14:40:00)

raspberrylicous (1) -- Thomith
Kassadin (2) -- BK201, LlamaFluff
Venmar (1) -- andrew94
andrew94 (1) -- Arugula
LowMan (1) -- Nachomamma8

Not voting--raspberrylicious, TeCHNoWC, BwBurke, Kassadin, The1fifi, Venmar, LowMan
Show
Some people are like slinkies--not good for much but always bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.

If you see me joining a large game, please smack me repeatedly.

Just slightly V/LA now.

Open 402 -- Hard Boiled Game over, 53 pages: 0 replacements needed.
LowMan
LowMan
Townie
LowMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by LowMan »

In post 54, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 51, LowMan wrote:For now I'm going to UNVOTE: as it's clear nobody else will buy in to the PL.

So what... im guessing this is VI makes an alt or something at this point?

I agree with nacho about most of his post, but really think that LM is more likely just someone who is trying to get around bad meta or something, more not-smart than scummy. If they are someone I know I would almost rather they just say since I tend to do a good job at reading players like kondi and Furc (basically VI I have seen before).

You nailed it almost exactly. I freely admit I have not been doing very well in this game so far, and will hopefully get better. I have not specifically played a game with you in it before, but have experience with Kassadin and Nacho in previous games.

I will not publicly reveal who I am, but will answer if anyone wants to know via PM once the game ends.

@Mod:
Yes they meant me when they were referring to LowKey. It was a nickname based on the fact that I've contributed very little to the game so far.

That's what I thought...thanks for confirming.
Last edited by Chimera on Sat May 19, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Venmar »

I called you LowKey because i got i confused after Nacho said LowKey. My own mistake i guess, didn't mean to call you that.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 5, Venmar wrote:Since the thread is unlocked and Chimera above announced the game started and gave us some flavor, i will start off?

Okay, so welcome to the game everyone!
Pleasure to be playing with y’all and i hope to have a great game.

To start things off, i will just present you all with a small array of questions. It is not mandatory for you to answer them, but it is something to get us started i suppose? Again, you do not have to answer these, but they are something to start off with.

1) Do you prefer playing as town, scum or third party?
2) How many games have you played so far on this site?
3) How do you feel about lurking, active lurking, and lying? Assume you don’t know the reason for any of these.
4) What role do you like to or want to play as the most?
5) Coke or Pepsi?
6) DC Comics or Marvel?

-----
Here are my answers.

1) I like third party, but i have never played as such yet. Until i do i prefer to play as town.
2) I have 1 finished through getting lynch, playing in two others including this one.
3) I do not support any of the three. I feel like they withhold information from the town and generally are fairly anti-town. Lying however can prove to be good as long the user of this tactic is town and the towns benefit is in their best interest.
4) Serial Killer. Sounds much more fun to be a lone wolf trying to blend in as a town while secretly wanting to kill off both sides. Regardless of how hard it is to win as one.
5) Coke, of course.
6) DC Comics

-----

Heres my first vote.
Vote: BK-201

Because i can. Friend.

1. In theory town, it feels more positive and I don't feel scummy about myself, but in actuality I feel less threatened as scum, so it's somewhat of a tie.
2. Something like 6
3. Depends on what role I am, obviously. I think lying is fine as scum, bad as town (unless very necessary, eg roleclaim that you think will advance town). All lies should be clarified at endgame, whatever your role, because at the end of the day, none of us are ACTUALLY scummies in real life (heres hoping, haha). Can you define the difference between lurking and active lurking? Lurking generally comes across as scummy to me, unless the player has cited reasons for V/LA etc, but even then I can't help feeling it is scummy. If the VL/A lurker posts with accurate, well thought out content that contributes, even if minimal, and I can tell he is still reading the game, I don't have much of a problem with it.
4. VT is just BOSS, haha
5. Interesting question. I used to be a Coke fan, but Pepsi is kinda cool too. NEVER drink diet pepsi though, that shit tastes like ants piss.
6. DC, justice league right? Marvel seem to have more interesting characters (numbers wise), but DC have batman, and justice league, and personally I am not a fan of the avengers. I be rockin the old Brigade comics though, Die Hard was a fucking beast.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 56, LowMan wrote:I freely admit I have not been doing very well in this game so far, and will hopefully get better. I have not specifically played a game with you in it before, but have experience with Kassadin and Nacho in previous games.

Misusing the phrase "policy lynch" to push a case with no backing isnt the best start. Although we may have played, I have been playing almost purely on an alt for the last year now so... it could have happened.

@TWC - What is your read on Arugla and BK?
Co-host of The USL Show
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by Thomith »

i kept my random vote on because i forgot i had it up, also kass always plays this way, and usually if they are town or scum at least one scum bussess/jumps on them, for this reason
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Llama
for jumping on kass for the exact reason outside of RVS that makes it an easy wagon to jump on.
if you think into it a little then i guess BK could be scum from the RVS vote but really i prefer llama at this point, as RVS is RVS.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (16/17)
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by Thomith »

also venmar seems town from the answers to my questions, and general reaction to pressure.

TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 59, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 56, LowMan wrote:I freely admit I have not been doing very well in this game so far, and will hopefully get better. I have not specifically played a game with you in it before, but have experience with Kassadin and Nacho in previous games.

Misusing the phrase "policy lynch" to push a case with no backing isnt the best start. Although we may have played, I have been playing almost purely on an alt for the last year now so... it could have happened.

@TWC - What is your read on Arugla and BK?

It's too early for me to have any substantial reads on anyway, plus with the amount of assignment work I have, I haven't been able to read the thread as thoroughly as I would like.

Aurugla is readless. Two posts. Nothing really there. And I wouldn't really consider it lurking, as this game has been open for about a day.

BK usually comes off as towny to me, and his playstyles are usually always similar - level headed, and I like that, but makes him hard to read. Nothing substantial yet, but he does seem mighty active compared to some other players, and compared to some of his other games.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 18, Venmar wrote:Ughh...

Vote: LlamaFluff

Classic OMGUS.

In post 21, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 17, Venmar wrote:Your justification for a wagon on me is because i made two non mafia related questions? I honestly did make those at random. I find your argument invalid for a wagon.

Well lets break it down

1) Adds nothing but possibly WIFOM to the game
2) Somewhat useful but is not really indicative of skill, there are raw newbies who I see as better than some vets
3) Only benifits scum since they know how everyone responds to lurkers/etc
4) Useless and possibly WIFOM again
5) Useless
6) Useless

So you asked questions that add noise, WIFOM and actually aid scum. So yes its where I want a wagon going right now. RQS is scummy to anti-town always because it adds nothing but potential for noise, slipping info and getting into theory debates but one of your questions actively aids scum if it gets answered.

Explain how these questions add WIFOM to the game, as I see it, the questions can either be
1) neutral motivation
2) town motivation
3) scum motivation

I can't see any tells in it either way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 60, Thomith wrote:i kept my random vote on because i forgot i had it up, also kass always plays this way, and usually if they are town or scum at least one scum bussess/jumps on them, for this reason.

Nope.

Kass actively ignored all of the current debate with their post, meaning they are either not contributing or not reading. When you mix in that Kass is a borderline policy lynch (correct terminology), im trying to kick up a ultility wagon on them.
Co-host of The USL Show
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Post by Thomith »

kass does this in all games, and at least one scum usually jumps on them for it, in this case i think it is you.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 65, Thomith wrote:kass does this in all games, and at least one scum usually jumps on them for it, in this case i think it is you.

Ok.

So why is Kass town?
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

*grumble*

I mess it up that fast?

Questions still stands.
Co-host of The USL Show
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Post by Thomith »

thomith wrote:i kept my random vote on because i forgot i had it up, also kass always plays this way, and usually if they are town or scum at least one scum bussess/jumps on them, for this reason

never said they were, but i find it better to go for the possible busser/easy wagon jumper than kass himself.

p-edit: @llama, what question?

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 66, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 65, Thomith wrote:kass does this in all games, and at least one scum usually jumps on them for it, in this case i think it is you.

Ok.

So why is Kass town?

wait a sec, are you in this game?
wait a sec YOUR LLAMA!!!!!

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

The question from the pony not in the game that decided to make an unprompted guest appearance.

Seriously like the second time ive messed that one up... figured I would do it eventually but that was quick.
Co-host of The USL Show
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Post by Thomith »

i answered that question above my lolyourllama post.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 71, Thomith wrote:i answered that question above my lolyourllama post.

So you have no read on Kass?
Co-host of The USL Show
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by Thomith »

null read on kass, it honestly depends on your/BK's allignment.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 73, Thomith wrote:null read on kass, it honestly depends on your/BK's allignment.

*twitch*
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”