Mini 1338: Cyborgian Reenactment Mafia (Game Over!)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1338: Cyborgian Reenactment Mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 am

Post by Timeater »

Cyborgian Reenactment Mafia

Reviewed by Vi, Empking, and Llammafluff
RGAM: 10:10am May 24th, 2012 MST

Playerlist:

BBMolla
Oversoul
HezLucky
AGar
kondi2424
Elmo Teh Azn
Moneybags
kdub
Peabody
Tajun
knox
Ant
Oman
Common Man
mykonian
Nisani201
thesteelego
Arugula

Spoilers! Expunged from the exercise:

Spoiler:
Arugula, Vanilla Townie, D1 lynch

BBMolla, Vanilla Townie, killed N1

Ant, Vanilla Townie, lynched D2

Mykonian, Deputy (Town), killed N2

Elmo Teh Azn, Compulsive Neighborizer (Town), killed N3

Peabody, Jack of All Trades (Mafia), lynched D4

Nisani, Cop (Town), killed N4

Oman, Mafia Goon, lynched D5

Relevant links:

A thousand years in the future, a group of "children" are taught logic and psychology through a very special exercise.

A black figure materializes into a four-sided white room with no windows or distinguishable features. With the wave of a hand, 12 chairs in a circle materialize in the middle of the room. The black figure instantly changes into an elderly man, the visage of a wizened teacher, complete with liver spots, wrinkles, and scholarly harry potter-esq spectactles.

Without any delay, students start blinking into the chairs without any order. Within the span of several seconds, all the chairs are filled with students from all over the globe, represented by all races and genders. A motley crew of youngsters, some of them start laughing and playing amongst themselves, while others just sit perfectly still, completely uninterested in the prospect of social interaction.

"Class, today I have something very special for you." - the avatar of the old teacher said. Whether their teacher actually looked like that or if it was just an idol designed to create an impression of wisdom, they didnt know. They respected him regardless, as this particular Teacher-Intelligence was over 200 years old.

"Roughly a thousand years ago, in the Age of Upheaval, about 30 years before the first singularity burst - there existed a game people used to play. People dont play it anymore as we have constructs that are about a million times more sophisticated, but nonetheless today you will learn about the people of mafiascum.net"

Several of the students sighed, while others accessed any data they could on the subject instantly. One of the latter spoke up.

"There is very little data available about that site, TI-Tiemaetre"

"Ha! That is because most data from that time is lost forever. But I have trawled enough information from various cached sources that will allow me to teach you what it was about."

Suddenly, in a millisecond, each of the students were granted the knowledge and rules of the game of mafia as played on mafiascum.net a thousand years ago by way of a TI.exe program sent directly into their memory. The teacher smiled. The students started chattering amongst themselves, as personal messaging was not allowed in the presence of a TI. Even some of the more stoic students seemed interested.

Game Play, Etiquette, Basics

Spoiler:
1a. Participation in this game is a commitment and a responsibility. Please take it seriously and be considerate to others. If you plan to be gone longer than 48 hours, please post a bolded notice in the thread.

2a. Everyone deserves respect. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. These include disparaging comments on race, religion, age, gender, orientation, or similar characteristics. I will only moderate politeness in the thread for extreme situations, but keep in mind it’s just a game and act accordingly.

3a. This is a closed game. Roles may not be quoted in any form. No mod PM may be quoted in any form. Very small, invisible or encrypted text is not allowed.

4a. No forms of cryptography. This includes using ciphers, encrypted text, etc. You aren't a spy in WWII, you're a dude playing some mafia.

5a. No "Trust Tells" - Trust Tells are specific tells that absolutely verify a fact beyond the reasonable doubt associated with mafia games. Common examples of Trust Tells are Red Text of Truth and Pooky Promise. However, a couple of other Trust Tells exist specific to the person using them. All Trust Tells can be broken, but only for specific people and are almost universally always correct. The only time a Trust Tell is broken is when people sacrifice the ability to use the infinitely usually confirming themselves as town to win a single game as Mafia or a Third Party. For more information visit: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21548

6a. No voice/video posts - you cannot make real-life recordings of yourself and link/post them in the game in any way.

7a. Players will receive acknowledgement that night actions are received.

8a. Players should not discuss the game in any way outside the thread unless the mod specifically allows it, and then only in the quicktopic linked in the message, which will be publicly linked after the game.

9a. This game will start with a Day phase; Nights are 72 hours long, during which the thread will be locked. Any actions not submitted will be missed; any player or faction with an ability may choose not to perform it.

10a. Players should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. I am a stickler for activity and not shy about prodding.

11a. Days have three week deadlines. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.

12a. I will be using NAR.

Voting, Deadlines and Death

Spoiler:
1b. More than half of all living players must vote on one victim for a Lynch to occur.

2b. Votes should be bolded and unambiguous or I might miss them. e.g
Vote: Empking
or use the

Code: Select all

[vote][/vote]
tags. VOTE: Faraday Same goes for unvoting. Its not required but it makes my life easier. UNVOTE: Faraday

3b. You may VOTE: Vote: No Lynch - a majority of these vote types will end the day without a lynch.

4b. If a simple majority is not reached at the deadline the result will be determined by the largest number of votes. If there is a tie, or the game in a lynch-or-lose situation, the result will be counted as a No Lynch.

5b. Once players have reached a majority no further voting will be counted for that day. After this point and before the end of the day – “twilight” – discussion may continue, including the victim. After that, I will add the player’s faction and their role.

6b. Dead players may not post within the game thread.

7b. Town wins when all other factions are dead.

Mechanics

Spoiler:
1c. No invisible or small text is allowed.

2c. I will try to post vote counts on a regular basis. A count will be posted sooner if requested, but don’t abuse the privilege.

3c. The mod does not lie. He does, however, periodically leave players to struggle with interpretation or flounder under assumptions.

4c. If you have an issue or questions about the game, please message me privately. The game thread is not a forum forum for mod interaction.

5c. I may make mistakes, and I appreciate being politely notified. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.

6c. Inactive players will be prodded after two days without posting. A player who has been prodded three times may be replaced without further notice. If I fail to notice an inactive player, please notify me. I have little tolerance for lurkers - you have been warned.

7c. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. Modkills will not take the place of any normal game mechanics.

8c. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to moderator discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.

"Well there you have it. We will play this game the way they used to play it. It will be of a Normal flavor. I am sending you your roles now. Here is an example Vanilla Townie role."

Code: Select all

Vanilla Townie 
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vanilla_townie

You possess no special mechanics. You can only vote during the day. This is your only tool against the mafia.

You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated.

"I will send you your roles now. Lets have some fun, children!"

With that, the children sat still, their faces frozen in time. In a space that could not be seen by an outside observer, the children started playing the game of mafia as played by the people of mafiascum.net, so many years ago.

The game had begun.
Last edited by Timeater on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:26 am, edited 41 times in total.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 am

Post by Timeater »

It is now pregame.

Please confirm via PM. Once 9 out of 12 players have confirmed, the day will start.

players have confirmed so far.
Last edited by Timeater on Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Timeater »

It is now Day 1.
watch for the eggshells
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:46 am

Post by HezLucky »

FIRST!

Vote: Common Man

HEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZWAVRE
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:54 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Oman

You say words funny. Like vig. It's a hard g.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Tajun »

Damn! Third then...

VOTE: kondi2424

He knows why...
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 am

Post by kondi2424 »

VOTE: Peabody for viewing the thread.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 6, kondi2424 wrote:VOTE: Peabody for viewing the thread.

What's with your record?

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

Vote Common Man[/]

I'm showing some love. Sweet vote-lovin'.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

vote Common Man
FIx.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 6, kondi2424 wrote:VOTE: Peabody for viewing the thread.

How dare you!!
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

@Hez: What about it?

Which reminds me; I need to update that.
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 11, kondi2424 wrote:@Hez: What about it?

Which reminds me; I need to update that.

Why are you such bad town and such good scum?

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

That doesn't necessarily mean I'm bad at town/good at scum. Mafia is a team game. It may also help to say that I play a lot of Newbies and Opens.
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 13, kondi2424 wrote:That doesn't necessarily mean I'm bad at town/good at scum. Mafia is a team game. It may also help to say that I play a lot of Newbies and Opens.

Cool. Maf found.

Unvote, Vote: kondi

I don't understand why it is so hard to give me a straight answer to friendly banter.

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

Updated my stats.

And that was a straight-up answer. I've had my stats insulted in the past, I don't see how it's a scumtell now.
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Peabody »

I am calling this now, and you can all thank me when we're done. The Hez-kondi exchange strikes me as a forced bus right off the bat. For kondi, taking his answers too seriously and for Hez, grasping at straws.

Unvote Common Man; Vote kondi
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

So you think Hez is grasping at straws for someone he would know to be scum?

If that was the case, couldn't he just, you know, wait for me to actually do something scummy?
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 16, Peabody wrote:I am calling this now, and you can all thank me when we're done. The Hez-kondi exchange strikes me as a forced bus right off the bat. For kondi, taking his answers too seriously and for Hez, grasping at straws.

Holy good god no.

VOTE: Peabody
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 17, kondi2424 wrote:So you think Hez is grasping at straws for someone he would know to be scum?

If that was the case, couldn't he just, you know, wait for me to actually do something scummy?

It's more to grasp straws to make a 'valid' case. Your second line is debatable. I don't know how Hez plays.

Oversoul wrote:Holy good god no.

VOTE: Peabody

Nice.
Nisani201
Nisani201
Townie
Nisani201
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Nisani201 »

In post 16, Peabody wrote:I am calling this now, and you can all thank me when we're done. The Hez-kondi exchange strikes me as a forced bus right off the bat. For kondi, taking his answers too seriously and for Hez, grasping at straws.

You are both "grasping at straws." Not a good case at all.

This whole reaction chain of people voting for voting for stupid stuff makes me unsure of who is trying to mislead us. You could all be town, or one of you could have malicious purpose.

That's why we should stop this nonsense and find a better discussion starter.
Enjoy your day.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 20, Nisani201 wrote:

This whole reaction chain of people voting for voting for stupid stuff makes me unsure of who is trying to mislead us. You could all be town, or one of you could have malicious purpose.

That's some nice white knighting.

Did you have any motivation for posting that BESIDES trying to look town?

Unvote, Vote: nisani

Nisani201
Nisani201
Townie
Nisani201
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Nisani201 »

In post 21, HezLucky wrote:
In post 20, Nisani201 wrote:

That's some nice white knighting.

Did you have any motivation for posting that BESIDES trying to look town?
Oh I'm sorry. Would you rather me look scum?
Unvote, Vote: nisani
Enjoy your day.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Why do you care about how you look?

You should care about catching the scum.

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

OVERTOAST :3

Still not sure what to think of the recent exchange. Hez's actions looked towny, but I got a null read from Peabody's.

PEdit: what
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”