Open 416: SCIENCE - Experiment Complete.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 221, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 217, Voidedmafia wrote: - However, Om, I don't think he's calling you scum inasmuch as he finds that suspicious. This exaggeration is noted.

In post 210, Quinter wrote: - This case focuses on Elmo's early posts. It's exaggerated and the best "scumtell" from it is avoiding the question, which really isn't even accurate based on the posts. Early FOS goes on O2tN.

FOS on O2tN

I originally had O2tN and Shadow as a team, but after ISOing O2tN, he's been townreading SOAD heavily, which I doubt would be a scum-scum interaction. No way they buddy that hard d1. I'm thinking O2tN and BS2000 now.

I'm the only person who is consistently scum across all his team guesses.
Are you sure you can't reach farther than that?
VOTE: Voidedmafia

What do you think of the point I made in post 212? Syndromeofadown, I'd like you to respond to the sum of that post and post 203.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by maxwell »

"Blinding me with science - science!"

Votecount

syndromeofadown (2):
Guy_Named_Riggs, Scigatt
[L-2]

BS2000 (1):
Quinter
Scigatt (1):
BS2000
Voidedmafia (1):
Om of the Nom

Not Voting (2):
Voidedmafia, syndromeofadown

Deadline is Sunday, July 8 at 11:59 PM EST. That's in
(expired on 2012-07-07 23:59:59)

Notes: Guy_Named_Riggs is V/LA until July 3.

Searching for a replacement for BS2000
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I've voted weirdly to get reactions before as town. I see no problem with it.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 227, Om of the Nom wrote:I've voted weirdly to get reactions before as town. I see no problem with it.

And syndromeofadown would find that suspicious, if he were being true to his post 179.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

How?
It ain't suspicious if you have a good reason to not be voting your top scumread.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:23 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

yea bro exceptions to every rule
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Quinter »

In post 211, Om of the Nom wrote:So why am I scum?
I mean, you only say the bad stuff I did, but where's the explanation as to why it's bad?
Is exaggerating the case really that bad at that early in the game? What did you think of Elmo's reaction to the case?

Exaggerating is blowing up things out of proportion and making them seem more "scummy" than they actually are. Yeah Elmo wasn't the most explicative but they were half-assed reads anyways. Elmo obviously didn't care much about this game or was too busy to focus on them.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

What gave you the impression of him not caring at that time? Plus, why is it bad for that point of the game?

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by maxwell »

Malakittens replaces BS2000.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Hai!

Okay first thing I'm going to do is:
Unvote:
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Guy_Named_Riggs: Basically post #123 votes Shadow due to his lack of explanation on his vote of Scigatt. Has a town read on both Elmo/Scigatt.

BS2000
Malakittens: Bs2000 RVS votes OotN. Asks Scigatt for explanation of a worry feeling of a L-2 wagon. Asks Elmo if the vote on him was random.(I Didn't like Elmo's response to it.), Ask Shadow if he was new. Questions Elmo about his town read on VM. You guys get the rest. >.>

Scigatt: As of right now you are on my radar for the biggest scum read. A RVS wagon is mainly to start discussion off, but yet he was worried about it. Now, I can take this worry one of two ways; 1. You are defending a town to blend in as scum pretending to be town. 2. OotN is your scum buddy and you were scared of him possibly being lynched by RVS votes. I'm not liking #61 post mainly because OotN asked for clarification FROM Elmo not you, but you answered it for him. I don't like someone answering a question before the person answers it first. Sometimes the answer can get changed due to someone answering it for them. So in the future before you decide to answer a question for someone.. Make sure the person to whom the question was directed to answers it first. Posts #63, 66 are unusual because the defense of Elmo was not necessary in that pattern. My response to #70 is that #55 does not look like a scum post. #73 smells like a scum post. Mainly because withholding explanations isn't helpful. You also indirectly commented that VM could be role fishing. >.> #87 seems to think that you are starting to possibly build a case on OotN and VM for possible role fishing, but I don't see how asking someone to clarify their reads is at all pushing for anything. #95/98 are implying that you think Elmo could be a mason with VM.

Either way the constant defense of Elmo is noted and also along with the discussion between OotN due to it. Also, I notice that the only person he really didn't give a read on either way was GNR.

Right now I have a headache and I'm just going to go lay down. I'll be back around tomorrow after I feel better.

Scigatt feels scummy, but I have to ask OotN and VM would you consider voting Scigatt in the future? I felt like VM removed his vote due to Shadow's lack of explanation, which I also have to agree I would have too.

Few things:
- Please give a viable explanations when you decide to vote.
- If someone asks a question please wait til they answer it before answering it or commenting regarding it. It clouds people's decisions on answering.

Vote: Scigatt

The defense of Elmo was weird and at one point not really needed and I showed why a bunch of his posts felt like scum reads rather than town.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Obviously I would vote Scigatt.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 236, Om of the Nom wrote:Obviously I would vote Scigatt.

But only if the votes preceding mine aren't shitty.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Define shitty.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

No reason behind it (like TheShadow's), or backed up with either objectively shitty reasons or reasons I think are shitty or just not good for a vote.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 235, Malakittens wrote:Guy_Named_Riggs: Basically post #123 votes Shadow due to his lack of explanation on his vote of Scigatt. Has a town read on both Elmo/Scigatt.

BS2000
Malakittens: Bs2000 RVS votes OotN. Asks Scigatt for explanation of a worry feeling of a L-2 wagon. Asks Elmo if the vote on him was random.(I Didn't like Elmo's response to it.), Ask Shadow if he was new. Questions Elmo about his town read on VM. You guys get the rest. >.>

Scigatt: As of right now you are on my radar for the biggest scum read. A RVS wagon is mainly to start discussion off, but yet he was worried about it. Now, I can take this worry one of two ways; 1. You are defending a town to blend in as scum pretending to be town. 2. OotN is your scum buddy and you were scared of him possibly being lynched by RVS votes.

So you think there's no way I'd do this without being scum?

I'm not liking #61 post mainly because OotN asked for clarification FROM Elmo not you, but you answered it for him. I don't like someone answering a question before the person answers it first. Sometimes the answer can get changed due to someone answering it for them. So in the future before you decide to answer a question for someone.. Make sure the person to whom the question was directed to answers it first.

Fair enough, but it is a habit of mine, at least where I'm not too out of it to where I should replace out.

Posts #63, 66 are unusual because the defense of Elmo was not necessary in that pattern.

Om pushing for info on a V/LA really bothered me. While I didn't base my case on that, that's one thing I really don't like, and not just from a scumhunting point of view.

My response to #70 is that #55 does not look like a scum post.

I thought it was arguable then.

#73 smells like a scum post. Mainly because withholding explanations isn't helpful. You also indirectly commented that VM could be role fishing. >.>

The lack of explanation isn't helpful to anyone, but if there is an explanation, one must consider if it is more helpful to town than to scum. At the time I thought it balanced towards scum. Also, if I did indirectly comment on VM, I didn't mean to. In fact I spend a few posts later on arguing that he couldn't be role fishing from Elmo's read.

#87 seems to think that you are starting to possibly build a case on OotN and VM for possible role fishing, but I don't see how asking someone to clarify their reads is at all pushing for anything.

In Om's case, I was building on my post 55, which was exactly that. In VM's case

#95/98 are implying that you think Elmo could be a mason with VM.

I wouldn't say that's an erroneous statement.

Either way the constant defense of Elmo is noted and also along with the discussion between OotN due to it.

How far are you into the game? I don't think I did anything that could be construed as Elmo/Quint defence after post 121.

Also, I notice that the only person he really didn't give a read on either way was GNR.

This is pretty much true, although if I'm not mistaken, the only substantial interaction with your position before this post was I gave was a vote that I cast in the RVS that didn't have anything to do with your scumminess. (See post 20)

Few things:
- Please give a viable explanations when you decide to vote.
- If someone asks a question please wait til they answer it before answering it or commenting regarding it. It clouds people's decisions on answering.

The first I always try to do. For the second I can't promise anything.

Question for syndromeofadown, VM, Om, and Malakittens:
Do you think there is anything that any player could reasonably say (other than claiming) that could convince you that I'm not the best lynch for today? If there is, I don't want you to tell me what it is. All I want is simple yes/no. If all of you say no, then any further conversation is pointless and you should lynch me now. The major point of day conversation for the town is to steer the lynch. You could discuss more to gauge connections, but personally I think that helps scum more, especially when the lynch is decided.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yes, but based on your actions it will be hard to change my mind.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Probably not, I'd have to have an epiphany to change my mind.

syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by syndromeofadown »

Hey guys. Sorry for lack of content recently. I'll get on to that, just been busy.

Short answer to scigatt's question: yes
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

No. But I've stated quite clearly why I haven't (re-)voted yet. THough, with at least GNR gone, I can be a little more trusting that there won't be any shenanigans.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

VOTE: Scigatt
We really need a lynch. Deadline is coming up fast.

Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Quinter »

Scigatt should claim
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

back from v/la
give me time to reread and catch-up
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Scigatt »

In post 241, Malakittens wrote:Yes, but based on your actions it will be hard to change my mind.

You never answered how far you were into the game.

Quinter wrote:Scigatt should claim

My claim won't help. VT claims are useless.

Om of the Nom wrote:VOTE: Scigatt
We really need a lynch. Deadline is coming up fast.

Normally I would say to hold up on that, but considering the circumstances, I won't bother here.

In post 247, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:back from v/la
give me time to reread and catch-up

Hurry up, then. I'll be here, refreshing.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am

Post by Scigatt »

Actually, I changed my mind. Sorry, GNR.

Two things before the day ends, just in case I don't get in another post during twilight.

1. Asking for someone on V/LA is just fucking rude. You're basically saying 'I don't give a crap about your life, answer my question'.
2. In response to posts 241-244, I believe scum like to make themselves appear open-minded.
3. Masons, don't claim unless you have to.

Return to “Completed Open Games”