ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

A wild catch-up post appears!

voidedmafia wrote:I would also suggest that, should a cop and doc have the same night, they should both claim (or at least make their claims easy for each other to deduce, and then the doc auto-protects the cop. Do note this ONLY applies if a cop and doc share the same night, as that should garauntee an investigation. If the doc in question shows him/herself to be particularly townie I suppose it's not bad to risk them not shooting the cop.

This . . . doesn't work. Part of me wants to call you out as scum rolefishing here . . . but honestly, I just don't think you see the flaw in your plan yet.

Venmar wrote:- Don't see why we would want everyone that works on a specific night to claim, the chances aren't in our favor really. There's also the chance that a N1 cop would claim and a scum would claim N1 doc and the cop would end up dead, or a N1 cop would claim and no N1 doc would claim because there wasn't one. These are things we should consider, and that scum can always potentially lie themselves into the claim. Maybe not as a doctor because then a dead cop would put them to the noose, but a claimed cop maybe, and claim that a innocent townie turned up as mafia. Really, this will be a interesting game because claims will probably run rampant at one point or another. ( This is my prediction. )

- That said, i disagree with the theory that cop and doc from a specific night should claim. Odds are not in their favor in my opinion, and pulling it off correctly and at the right time are also factors to consider.

This post pings my gut. I can't exactly explain why . . . if I had to analyze why my gut finds this scummy, it would probably be because it doesn't directly interact with any of the players in thread, but spouts off theory/setup discussion in an effort to appear active.

Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Voided

Bandwagoning, pressuring, pushing a lynch, etc etc...

Pressuring doesn't work if you label it as pressure. >.>

Venmar wrote:- Read the thread. This whole claiming thing is the only thing we are talking about.

Again, I'm getting a "helpful" scum vibe.

--------------------------------------------

Om of the Nom's refusal to read the thread is unfortunate and anti-town, but not scummy.

IceGuy wrote:I don't have a problem with bad plans. I have a problems with bad plans coming from people who should know better. Especially when those plans have a glaring mistake and are based on hoping people read it, don't realize the flaw, and claim fast. Even more so when, after the plan being ripped to shreds, they keep posting stuff like "if you're not an N1 cop, don't claim", implying they want N1 cops to claim so they can just kill them off immediately.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Voidedmafia

This is the most convincing case for voidedmafia being scum that has been laid out thus far. That being said, I still think a mountain is being made out of a molehill. Disagreements in a theory argument can happen just as much in an MD thread as they can in a game thread. If you were discussing this strategy for this setup in MD, you wouldn't find voidedmafia scummy for stating it.

Which is also why I dislike too much theory discussion in game threads, period, because it clogs up the thread with content that is mostly non-indicative of alignment.

venmar wrote:- I disagree. Read my previous posts why, but Voided was not exactly "hugely pushing" an anti-town idea. Even if he was, is this good enough of a reason to ACTUALLY vote for Voided without any other evidence? I understand voting for Voided based on this reason to put down pressure and squeeze more content out of the person, but this is not the vibe i am getting from this post, it sounds more like " this is a perfectly good enough of a reason to lynch Voided ". Perhaps you do mean it in the way i proposed, i don't know, i just disagree that Voided should be the prime target right now.
BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, no, i do not have a prime target in mind yet.

Why so afraid of being asked who you suspect?

That addition to your post feels like you want your posts to be made on your terms, not on the terms of others (who would be questioning you), which makes me think that for whatever reason you don't want to name a suspect. While "careful" play is not something I find inherently scummy (though I disagree with it), the gut read I've gotten from your posts coupled with this makes me suspicious of you.

DeltaWave wrote:Oh shizzle my nizzle, forgot about this game. reading up

I LOL'd.

-------------------------------------------

I'm not seeing the 2b1s case. Especially after the bandwagon built up that quickly. (Though voided looks especially Town among the voters.)

I've gotta VOTE: Venmar. Even though the game has just seven pages, he's already prodded other players to post more three times (I find that scum tend to do this as a way to add an appearance of protowniness to their posts without actually adding content, and three times in seven pages is a bit ridiculous, especially given that the game's been open for four days.) In addition to that, his earlier posts read a lot like trying to appease the Town and appear "helpful." It's also interesting to note how reluctant he was to vote voidedmafia and Scott Brosius in comparison to how quickly he voted 2birds1stone. Tbh, this is the best case so far.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

By "unfortunate," I mean annoying and distracting, not unlucky.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:36 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Everytime you post it, someone is likely to call you out on it, try to lead some kind of a policy lynch, or call you scum for actively avoiding conversation . . . none of which, 99% of the time, will be productive, but things that are bound to happen as soon as you let it be known that you haven't read.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Meh, to each their own. If it works for you, have at it. (Sorry for derailing the thread with this.)

Venmar wrote:Well.

????
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

voidedmafia wrote:2.) While I do somewhat agree with you about Venmar's reluctance to vote Scott (and to his credit he did admit that was wrong), why was it bad that he was reluctant to vote me?

When taken in isolation, reluctance to vote you is not bad. I, for one, do not find you scummy at all. But compare his reluctance to vote you with his haste to vote for 2b1s.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:57 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

In post 168, Voidedmafia wrote:Considering how scummy 2B1S is acting even after his proposed plan compared to the fact that 1-3 of you (including yourself) find me somewhat town outside of my proposed plan, that's not really a good comparison and his vote was fairly justified. It'd make more sense if you though I was scum as well (or at least not town).

Explain to me, then, the scum motivation behind 2b1s's play. Certainly it's not the best (as in, high-quality), but why is it more likely to come from scum than town? That's the part I don't see at all.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

VOTE: Venmar

Why has this not happened yet?

When I have more time, I'm going to look more closely at this thread (busy day yesterday and today, my apologies). But for now, what I have to say about malakittzenz is that poor logic =/= scum (though her logic isn't as poor as people are making it out to be. Not perfect, but not terrible.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

FuD wrote:And Anon, how can you say that Mala is displaying good logic? I would like to some reasoning there.

I didn't say Mala was displaying good logic, I said it wasn't as terrible as people are making it out to be. It is definitely possible to get some scum reads based on a townie lynch Day 1, just by looking at how the votes skewed themselves. That being said, it's nowhere near as strong as VCA analysis with a scumflip, and it can lead to some dangerous assumptions by locking yourself in to potentially flawed assumptions like "wagon A must have x scum on it," but it's not an absolutely terrible system.

Even though it might not be the most productive play, there is merit to it, and I get the sense from Mala that she's trying to find scum with it.

voidedmafia wrote:COnfid Post 249: It hasn't happened yet because it won't.

Why not?

Venmar wrote:- Why are you digging up information from the first page? And how is this scummy? This was my first discussion related post of the game. Your reasoning behind this quote is total BS given the circumstances of my post. It looks to me like you are hunting for reasons to pin me as scum, and decided to pick off first page posts? Whut?

- My post was directed at Voided regarding his plan, so in a way it did interact with someone.

I replaced into the game. Should a player who replaces in ignore what happens on the first page simply because they weren't around when it happened? Whenever I replace in, I catch up. And if I find something scummy in what I'm catching up on, I'll point it out.

Please explain why my reasoning is "total BS." Also, by not mentioning names, in a way it attempted to not interact with players, and by extension not make waves, as much as it could have. But I'll admit, that's just a minor point, and is not as significant as the gut read that this post started. My most substantial reasonings are in the summary at the bottom of the post.

venmar wrote:- Elaborate my kind sir.

Using helpful things (pointing out what other players need to read, prodding inactives, wiki links, explaining theory) to add volume to posts without adding game-specific content. I find that scum do this a lot, because they are more concerned with "seeming" town than town are.

Venmar wrote:- You have only pointed one of my posts that is connected to one of your gut reads, and that was a gut read on my second post of the game? So what gives, explain your gut a little bit more will you.

- I made that comment because i felt very sure that someone was going to ask me that question so i wanted to cover it before it was asked. I don't get what you mean by me making my posts on my own terms. That is not what i was thinking when making that posts, and it is instantly labeled as such because of one comment? I didn't want to name a suspect because i did not have a strong enough scum read at that time. This post doesn't seem like you are concerned about me not having a suspect, but more of my presentation of it, and this makes me think you are focusing on the wrong things.

My gut read is based on your collective posting. I can go through and analyze every single one of your posts, but I'm long-winded as it is, and I'd like to avoid clogging up the thread with walls of text.

You making that comment to avoid getting attacked for it is exactly what my point is about. By covering your bases with that before someone calls you out, you attempt to make it so that no one else can call you out on it (hence you addressing the point "on your own terms.") And presentation is important in Mafia as well as content. Mafia know that at some point in the game they have to push a suspicion they do not fully believe (because they know who is town). How you present your arguments determines how believable you are.

Venmar wrote:- This is stupid. Why?

1. I never wanted to vote Voided. If you read the thread a little bit closely, you would see that I wasn't going against Voided, I war rather kind of defending him. I never showed interest in voting for him so i never actually hesistated to vote for someone i never want to vote for in the first place.

2. I already explained why i was hesitant to vote for Scott. I said I thought that what i brought up in-thread about him is and was not enough to vote or lynch him. I think i should have put a vote down to pressure the guy, but i never saw him as a scummy person but more of someone who was being unhelpful and mostly sheeping by just making empty posts saying " Yup ", or " I agree ".

3. I made a post regarding 2bird and i explained my case on him. Read that.

I don't get a sense of you defending or attacking Voided from your posts, and the same thing with Scott Brosius. You talked about them, but you avoided giving an opinion on them either way. Contrast that with your one post on 2b1s leading to a vote. The discrepancy is telling. Scum can be afraid to give opinions because they don't want to have to go back on them later on in the thread. Even though I'm still not sold on the reasons 2b1s got lynched, it was arguably a "safer" stance to take than going strong either way on voided or Scott.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

DeltaWave wrote:I just want to say that it's awesome how I mistakenly abbreviated Dayne's name as "SED" once, and then everyone has kept up with it since

I've been getting really confused as to who SED was. xD

And this game has kind of slowed . . . later tonight, I'll try to get a reread in and comment on any interesting stuff I find. I still think Venmar needs to be lynched, and I'm a bit flummoxed as to why no one is looking at him.

Return to “Completed Open Games”