Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 90, Minimum wrote:
He admitted my read made sense anyway, so I don't know why you're pretending he looks town based on some boring superficial stuff.

I don't think I said that, but yeah I could see myself as mafia going 'Okay I just laboriously gave birth to a post and the hardest thing for me to do this game is going to be making a decent postcount so let's just acknowledge the wifom to make it not a scumtell and post it.'
I'll town eventually though, so no worries.
Anyway, putting lots of votes on me isn't going to help me with operation think clearly.

MoI's claim is weird, but if he makes it a 100% NO REDACTION claim I'll play along to lynch 1/3.
I can buy its existence in the setup from Hito.
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Flash »

In post 91, Seraphim wrote:though Flash failed the reaction test pretty hard.

Your vote for me sucked.

Even if MoI is telling the truth, something I'm not entirely convinced of, I'd rather lynch people I find scummy than people within his set, if those 2 things overlap, sure I'll use it as a tie breaker. They don't at the moment.

Unvote vote Llamarble

In post 94, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Chamber-head of Flash – as soon as you get a read on Minimum’s posting (specifically CES) please share it with us.

He seems town so far, but I don't trust myself to catch him reliably before d2-3, if hes scum he'll have shot me by then, which is how the rest of the town will catch him.

In post 95, sword_of_omens wrote:fwiw, i think MOI is legit...

So it looks to me that Bella/Chess/Peta is a good start for the day then...

Unvote

I like Chess' #26...

Don't like how Bella jumped on the quick growing MOI wagon that was building up right off the bat...

Peta could go either way for me...

Vote: Bella

Why the ellipses?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 am

Post by AGar »

In post 35, Magister Ludi wrote:erm.... so what? I wasn't asking for their flavor knowledge of their pm, but rather of the arabat book/this game in general. What I want to know, exactly, is who the probable scum team is from an informed flavor standpoint, and who the good guys are.

And you don't think there would be fakeclaims provided?

Also really not big on the 1-of-3 deal with MoI, feels way too gambity on my part considering all 3 are players he'd openly prefer to policy lynch on an account of simply not liking them.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 101, Flash wrote:Why the ellipses?

i wouldn't read anything into them...call me 12 or whatever, that's just how i type...a single period just seems too nekkid to me...

In post 102, AGar wrote:

Also really not big on the 1-of-3 deal with MoI, feels way too gambity on my part considering all 3 are players he'd openly prefer to policy lynch on an account of simply not liking them.

i didn't see where MOI mentioned that he would prefer a policy lynch on all 3 or that he doesn't like all 3? Unless it's common knowledge that i'm not aware of?
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 102, AGar wrote:
In post 35, Magister Ludi wrote:erm.... so what? I wasn't asking for their flavor knowledge of their pm, but rather of the arabat book/this game in general. What I want to know, exactly, is who the probable scum team is from an informed flavor standpoint, and who the good guys are.

Yeah let's kill this dead please.

Reck why the FUCK aren't you being a HELPER
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 103, sword_of_omens wrote:i didn't see where MOI mentioned that he would prefer a policy lynch on all 3 or that he doesn't like all 3? Unless it's common knowledge that i'm not aware of?

Read his first post where he votes petapan, he makes it fairly obvious that he has a high level of disdain for all 3 of them.

@Fate
I'm not Mina. I'm not going to go the same route as her in trying to find out the meaning behind something. Suck it up.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by petapan »

no way he's a cool + mature guy that would never grudge lynch
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 82, Fate wrote:And yes I've come to the realization all too late that IC isn't. The best for me. I'm sure people did it just so they wouldn't have to be paranoid about me, but a lot of my reads come from interacting with people.

Aka
NEW DECREE: AVOIDANCE OR IGNORING MY SLOT IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH

PRINCESIDENT FATE IS NOT ABOVE ANY OF YOU. I AM ONE OF THE DAY, AND I WILL BE IN THE TRENCHES WITH YOU, SO TREAT ME AS SUCH

Yes. I voted you for IC so I could not be paranoid about you when I can read you anyways and not so that there wouldn't be 3 confirmed town.

Anyways, dropping in to say Fate's right. Izzy is town as fuck.

I can buy any of Marble, Agar, Petapan, and OAFE right now.

Marble wrote:Anyway, putting lots of votes on me isn't going to help me with operation think clearly.

?????
PROBLEM? I don't see how this isn't a gigantic wagon from this alone.

Someone roll out the red carpet on Petapan town or stop trolling.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm with president Fate on this one
unvote, vote AGar
his post #102 was bad news bears.

I'm having a hard time seeing chesskid as town from his interactions with MoI, but I'll let it slide for now since we're apparently frying other fish at the moment. Shin I think is town, petapan I'm not really able to get a read on, MoI is probtown. that's all I've got at the moment.
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Flash »

Agar seems fine?
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Shmugen »

The stakes are too low for Magna to be making that up. One of the three is scum? Where's the scum motivations in that kind of shenanigan. If he's scum and we believe him wholeheartedly (aint gonna happen), we'd lynch 3 town and then one scum. More likely we'd lynch one, one would get vigged if such a role exists, and if none flipped scum we'd kill Magna. It seems possible that Commexo could be among the 3, but things are usually against the SK anyway, I doubt a renowned mod like Hito would do such a thing. Magna is not always the most fun to play with, but this gambit is too high risk low reward for scum to pull off.

I'm torn on Shinori. Am I really just thinking he's too new and would pull those sorts of extreme reactions? Some of you have townreads on the slot, why so?

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 5 (Session 1, VC 5)

(6)
Shinori:
Nuwen, petapan, Staeg, Llamarble, chesskid3, Shmugen [L-6]
(3)
Llamarble:
Minimum, Hinduragi, Flash
(2)
AGar:
The Two In One, Untrod Tripod
(2)
petapan:
Strain
, 4nxi3ty
(Untrod Tripod)

(2)
OnceAndForEver:
RedCoyote, Karen Walker
(2)
chesskid3:
Strain
, Shinori
(2)
Bella:
MagnaofIllusion, sword_of_omens
(1)
MagnaOfIlluision:
Bella
(The Two In One, Karen Walker)

(1)
Flash:
Seraphim
(sword_of_omens)

(1)
Minimum:
Magister Ludi
(1)
Magister Ludi:
AGar
(1)
Fate:
Strain

(0)
Seraphim:
(Shinori, Flash)

(2)
Not Voting:
Nachomamma8, OnceAndForEver

Post Counts

This is a Replenishment Votecount. All players have their post limits reset. The next replenishment votecount will be in roughly 24 hours, although as with today may not be 8pm on the dot.

Permenant Strain:
chesskid3
(1),
petapan
(1),
Fate
(1)

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch.

Automatic Termination of the First Session(expired on 2012-07-31 19:00:00)

Nachomamma8 is V/LA until Saturday.

In post 84, Fate wrote:I am the Alpha and the Zeta apparently

AND I DAMN SURE HAVE MORE STARS THAN CHESSKID HITO

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it has been fixed in the offending votecount.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

DO FUCKING TELL UT

Unvote

VOTE: UT

LETS DANCE

I PREFER TO WALTZ
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 110, Shmugen wrote:Where's the scum motivations in that kind of shenanigan. If he's scum and we believe him wholeheartedly (aint gonna happen), we'd lynch 3 town and then one scum.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Shmugen »

Note how the parenthetical implies there's no way we'd waste 3 lynches on something like this without confirmation of MoI's towniness.

Put it like this. A cop targets MoI, finds he's scum. In order to not get instantly murdered and generate some confirmed town, scuMoI HAS to include a scumbuddy in that list. It's a silly low-impact gambit for scuMoI.

1. I felt so smooth sliding that fifth post in before the replenishment. Oh yeah.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

oh oh oh yaeh I had a problem with you

nobody is saying MoI is pushing SCUMGENDA here

they are saying MoI is pushing POLICYGENDA + LOLTHERE'SPROLLY1SCUMHERE
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

Chess is town, Moi isn't gambiting, bella or peta.

Now going by this logic I doubt the game is so unbalanced as to have two night aligned players within MOI'S Three, though I suppose one and the SK is not outside the realm of possibility.

Bella's vote on MOI is horrible, but there are also only four posts there. Now this post by peta:

if you're pulling lol epic reaction test shenanigans you're not going to get anything from me

but if you're on the level then that's pretty cool info, actually, though you being a huge baby isn't, not that i'd expect any less

i'll believe that info because i just did a detailed re-read of the entire thread complete with notes and deduced that chesskid is scum

VOTE: chesskid3

as well as this one:

In post 67, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So if you are saying you are Day aligned you have at worst a 50-50 shot between Chess and Bella. Do you think the odds on Shin flipping scum are greater than that?

my read on him is stronger than my read on chesskid/bella

Make me believe he could easily be scum, thus VOTE: Peta

Karen, I can see this as a scum gambit, or a town truth. But do tell who in their right mind would pull this shit (if it is untrue) as town?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 116, OnceAndForEver wrote:who in their right mind would pull this shit (if it is untrue) as town?

OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

Your Image Tag is Broken.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 116, OnceAndForEver wrote:who in their right mind would pull this shit (if it is untrue) as town?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 110, Shmugen wrote:The stakes are too low for Magna to be making that up. One of the three is scum? Where's the scum motivations in that kind of shenanigan. If he's scum and we believe him wholeheartedly (aint gonna happen), we'd lynch 3 town and then one scum. More likely we'd lynch one, one would get vigged if such a role exists, and if none flipped scum we'd kill Magna. It seems possible that Commexo could be among the 3, but things are usually against the SK anyway, I doubt a renowned mod like Hito would do such a thing. Magna is not always the most fun to play with, but this gambit is too high risk low reward for scum to pull off.

I'm torn on Shinori. Am I really just thinking he's too new and would pull those sorts of extreme reactions? Some of you have townreads on the slot, why so?

This isn't a scumgambit MOI is pulling, it's an "I don't like these people, let's get three successive policy lynches through and I might get lucky and not have to play with them" gambit.

Karen Walker
Karen Walker
Townie
Karen Walker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Karen Walker »

In post 116, OnceAndForEver wrote:Karen, I can see this as a scum gambit, or a town truth. But do tell who in their right mind would pull this shit (if it is untrue) as town?

An overconfident player who thinks their reads are the fucking bible

I've played with enough people on this playerlist enough times to see some crazy ass gambits show up, regardless as alignment
Karen Walker
Karen Walker
Townie
Karen Walker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Karen Walker »

In post 104, Fate wrote:
In post 102, AGar wrote:

Yeah let's kill this dead please.

Reck why the FUCK aren't you being a HELPER

I really don't see scum AGAR placing a reasonless vote then trying to back it up after the fact
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by OnceAndForEver »

But this early? Really? This happened before post one hundred, No one is stupid enough to have bible level belief in their reads without at least a couple hundred posts. (Given that there have been no slips). I just don't see this happening, I'm sorry.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 123, OnceAndForEver wrote:But this early? Really? This happened before post one hundred, No one is stupid enough to have bible level belief in their reads without at least a couple hundred posts. (Given that there have been no slips). I just don't see this happening, I'm sorry.

This is very relevant to the discussion at hand. How new are you to this site? And is this your main?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”