Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Toro »

Waiting on Triangle...seeing if he might claim. Going to bash my head into a wall again if PMyst is actually town...
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by PMysterious »

@Gorckat: Right now I have 2 completed games. 1 on this site and 1 on another. Both of which I died in.

@Toro: Go ahead and bash your head into a wall again because I am actually town.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by Toro »

In post 226, PMysterious wrote:@Gorckat: Right now I have 2 completed games. 1 on this site and 1 on another. Both of which I died in.

Well not it all makes sense.

@Toro: Go ahead and bash your head into a wall again because I am actually town.

Just waitin' on Triangle.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by Toro »

now*
Show

triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by triangle123 »

No counterclaim from me, making PM confirmed town, I believe. I'm fine with a Mala lynch at this point.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

{Day 1}

Vote Count
  • Malakittens (2):
    triangle123, MagnaofIllusion
  • PMysterious (1):
    Toro
  • MagnaofIllusion (1):
    Potatouhou
  • gorckat (1):
    Malakittens
  • Not voting (2):
    PMysterious, gorckat

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.

- PMysterious has Limited Access until Friday the 20th.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Toro »

Unvote

Going to take another look through the thread real quick.
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by gorckat »

vote: Mala
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by PMysterious »

"sigh" I'll wait 24 hours for a response from Malakittens. If we get no response from her, I'll drop the hammer.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Toro »

In post 233, PMysterious wrote:"sigh" I'll wait 24 hours for a response from Malakittens. If we get no response from her, I'll drop the hammer.

You seem reluctant to do so by your "sigh". Why? What is it
you
find scummy about Mala?
Show

Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Potatouhou »

Hey guys, I'll post a long post tomorrow and reread everything. As for now,

UNVOTE

-Bitmap
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Potatouhou »

Oh nevermind, I thought the vote was still on someone else. Sorry there Omnom.

VOTE: MOI
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 173, PMysterious wrote:Well, that's a good thing to know. I feel that everyone should Unvote her and go for any other scum read excluding myself. Yes, I am typing this on my phone while on vacation. Also Mala, every vanilla has a special power.

In post 201, PMysterious wrote:My thing is leave all townies alive. Townies are good, Scum are bad. Since Mala claimed VT, I rather leave her alive.

In post 233, PMysterious wrote:"sigh" I'll wait 24 hours for a response from Malakittens. If we get no response from her, I'll drop the hammer.

Interesting, you said it's better to leave Townies alive, but you are willing to vote me.

I find it funny how everyone doesn't seem to think what Gor did throughout the day isn't scummy. Those who did think he was scummy have totally dropped it like it wasn't even a thought in their head.

As for PM, I asked you before why aren't you voting? If you were to vote who would you vote right now and why?
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by PMysterious »

I don't know. Maybe I would vote the hammer because people drop it on innocent townies. Anyway, in all seriousness, I don't know yet.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

@ PM: Normally depending on the amount of people I would say that is an 'okay' thing to do, but with 7 people I don't think dropping the hammer on innocent townie is the best way to approach. Especially when we aren't sure which type (Mafia or WW) the scum are.

I have different views on situations when its needed to lynch an innocent townie. It is this:

When the townie has lied about a claim. Anyone who lies should just die in general in a game. It's game-breaking and a bad approach.
When the townie has caused such a distraction. Wheres its needed to push conversation forward.
When the deadline is approaching and the lynch is at a stall. There's someone you believe is town and someone you think might be town. To avoid having the same type of conversation the next day you hammer the one that you think might be town over the one you believe is town.

Personally, I'm used to 30+ Player games were we can mis-lynch or not even lynch on Day 1, get someone NK'd on N1 and mis-lynch on D2 and lose another person in N2 and somehow pull out a town win. Though I have played two different setups of 7 player games so far where mis-lynching on D1 isn't the best thing for the town (Unless you have a set of Daymason's who live on the start of Day2 then it's a different story).
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by Potatouhou »

In post 237, Malakittens wrote:I find it funny how everyone doesn't seem to think what Gor did throughout the day isn't scummy. Those who did think he was scummy have totally dropped it like it wasn't even a thought in their head.

Don't worry, I've noticed it too. I just haven't pointed it out so I could have a fake consistent town read on Gor :P

-Om
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:26 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Mala -
The flaw in your logic is the game is that you would have already been hammered as Town unless the scum Team is Gorckat and Triangle. I think the more likely reason is that you aren't Town.

I notice you didn't bother responding to my post pointing out why you calling Toro scum after he passed on hammering you made no sense from a Town perspective.

[]==================
==================[]
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 am

Post by Shiidaji »

- I will be out for most of today, and I realize I have not posted Twilight rules in my ruleset.
- Should a hammer occur while I am not around, Twilight starts, and you may discuss until I come back and post the mod scene.
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44 am

Post by Potatouhou »

In post 223, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 222, gorckat wrote:I considered a claim, lack of opportunity for everyone to counter and a desire to pin down Myst to a specific answer about experience.

My question on this end I guess is as follows - what does experience have anything to do with PMyst's claim? This is an open set-up. He's either Town correctly claiming or scum looking to out the Town PR that can screw his faction. His experience elsewhere has little to do with whether you would believe it or not. No counter-claim means he's Town and a counter-claim means one of the two is scum.

PMyst probably means what she said when she claimed Seer. With no CCs, it seems like she's really the seer.

In post 220, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 216, Potatouhou wrote:Why thank you for claiming scum to me. I never said I wasn't going to prioritise helping Bitmap over playing pro-town. I only said I'm prioritising helping Bitmap over appearing pro-town to you guys.
I don't give much of a shit right now about how I come across in thread. Bitmap is the only person who is actually getting the normal amount of info from me. I'm trying to help him get better, so I'm giving him my reads to how him how I think and how I articulate my thoughts. My pro-towniness is obvious enough by my play, I'm just not as concerned with showing it.

But hey, I knew you'd misrep me and try to call me scum for it :3

Oh you don't care how strongly and well put together your case is on me as Scum? Because that's what would be on the line if you really were Town and really thought I was scum. You'd be coaching Bitmap over putting together the best possible case on me.

I love the "You claimed scum to me" rhetoric! Very obv-scum of you!

You don't know what me and Om have been discussing so don't think it's necessarily just one person leading the way. I gave my thoughts to Om and we actually are going with it. He's prioritizing to teaching me in private and discussing how to find the best scum case. However, Om has given good points to why you're possibly the best lynch right now.

Also at #127, you say it's bad to vote a person up to L-1? Why? People respond differently under pressure and will give obvious scum or town tells as a result of it.

I'l still rereading so I'll post more if something comes up.

-Bitmap
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Potatouhou »

In post 74, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 73, Potatouhou wrote:MoI, do you think my scumplay that game is like my play in this game?

If you are asking me to specifically meta you don't bother. If I think you are scum you specifically pointing out a scum game and saying "Hey, I play totally differently than here" is worth about as much as a 3-dollar bill.

Especially since you are part of a hydra and specifically said you'd be working closely with the other head.

I've got an itch right now so I'm going to

UNVOTE: Pota

Suspicion still stands but something is bothering me and given we only have a lynch threshold of 4 I'd rather not have a vote floating on someone while I'm LA.

If you are so suspicious of us, why did you pull our vote off? Did you not want to be part of the wagon if I was to ever be lynched?
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:54 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 243, Potatouhou wrote:
PMyst probably means what she said when she claimed Seer. With no CCs, it seems like she's really the seer.

Excuse me, but I'm a male. I know I get this a lot and its starting to bother me little by little the more people accept it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 am

PMyst wrote: Excuse me, but I'm a male. I know I get this a lot and its starting to bother me little by little the more people accept it.

I think the issue with this is your avatar is, well, not something that screams "Guy's avatar". Yes, I know your Gender does list male. Unfortunately a good number people on site are too lazy and just assume cutey avatar = girl. Others specifically do it just to be jerks.

Ignore it. It’s irrelevant to actual detecting of scum. Or get a really over the top Testosterony avatar.

Also vote Mala!

--

Pota wrote:PMyst probably means what she said when she claimed Seer. With no CCs, it seems like she's really the seer.

What is the point of this? You’re responding to a point I made to Gorckat explaining this exact point and asking him why he was asking about experience from PMyst.

Pota wrote:However, Om has given good points to why you're possibly the best lynch right now.

Really? I haven’t seen any such points. Care to link me? The only thing I've seen is you two desperately Chainsaw defending your partner Mala.

Pota wrote:Also at #127, you say it's bad to vote a person up to L-1? Why? People respond differently under pressure and will give obvious scum or town tells as a result of it.

Nice mis-rep! Calling your slots “WE MUST GET TO L-1 ASAP DON’T THINK JUST VOTE” stance suspect is not at all saying putting someone at L-1 is inherently bad.

I should note that the player you were aggressively pushing to get L-1ed was the uncounter-claimed Seer.

Pota wrote:If you are so suspicious of us, why did you pull our vote off? Did you not want to be part of the wagon if I was to ever be lynched?

Already been explained. Why not read the thread instead of asking repeated questions?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am

Post by PMysterious »

Sorry Mala, I'm afraid I might as well drop the hammer. I know you didn't get enough time, but the world is not full of time.

VOTE: Malakittens
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Potatouhou »

In post 246, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I should note that the player you were aggressively pushing to get L-1ed was the uncounter-claimed Seer.

Thank you for pushing the scummiest attack in the game. It's always hilarious when scum try to get us lynched by using evidence that happened
after the fact.
Why is it scummy when we would have had no idea that that was his role? Also note you said you would L-1 him too.

Mala hammer was stupid, Mala flips town we lynch MoI, Mala flips scum we lynch MoI. Either way MoI is scum and he needs to die.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Pota wrote:Thank you for pushing the scummiest attack in the game. It's always hilarious when scum try to get us lynched by using evidence that happened after the fact. Why is it scummy when we would have had no idea that that was his role? Also note you said you would L-1 him too.

Oh look .. you are dancing around the point like a champ. The fact is you were so gung-ho about forcing PMyst to L-1 to get a potential claim that you threw a shit fit in thread. Then Mala, who up until my vote was a ‘scum’ read of your, was put at L-2 with you free to vote her to L-1 and suddenly I’m scum. It’s a pretty blatant chainsaw defense of your partner.

I hope like hell Mala flips Werewolf and not Mafia. Because then you are basically completely screwed. Either you kill the uncounter-claimed investigative role that can finish you off or me the Town player who WILL lynch you if you kill the Seer. You are screwed either way.

If she does flip Mafia then I hope you guess wrong between the other players despereately searching for the Cop.

Pota wrote:Mala hammer was stupid, Mala flips town we lynch MoI, Mala flips scum we lynch MoI. Either way MoI is scum and he needs to die.

Speaking of claiming scum …

I’m scum no matter what Mala flips? I thought she was Town because as you put it “my vote didn’t feel like bussing’? Leaving yourself wiggle room to say “Oh, I was wrong but don’t vote me vote the person who drove her lynch”? So sad that this is the best you can come up with.

Your partner is about to flip. You are following her tomorrow …

Return to “Completed Open Games”