Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

{A Lynch!}

It was quiet on the way back from the Seer's house.

The small group of villagers was unsure of what to do next. Obviously, one of them was the remaining wolf, but who? As they walked along, they began stealing glances at each other, whispering only occurring between the most trusting of pairs. Even that eventually stopped as they rounded the bend to the town square.

The only one who seemed unaffected was Potatouhou, the town's rather eccentric local shopkeep. Well-known for his bipolar tendencies, he was always there to lighten the tension with his terrible jokes.

"Well then, who next?"

He cracked an uncertain smile at his peers. It was not returned.

It was almost orderly.

Just as they had done with Malakittens the day before, MagnaofIllusion and triangle123 rushed Potatouhou up the stand.

"N-No guys! It was a joke, seriously! C-c-come on!"

His voice faltered as tears began to well up on his cheeks. His throat sore from yelling, he clawed helplessly at the durable rope tied above his collar.

The noose groaned as it was pulled taught, already slightly worn after yesterday's proceedings.

"Don't do it! Don't do it! Don't do iiiii-"

This time it was gorckat's turn to shove the chair aside. Within seconds, the shopkeeper was robbed of all air.

Why me? It's not me! I've lived here since I was a baby! These thoughts and many more flashed through his conscious as a light breeze swung him backwards, causing his body to turn in midair.

He looked at each of his adversaries, all of which had at one point or another come his by quaint corner store for a light snack, or some of his famous home-grown potatoes. Where did those kind, thoughtful people go? On every one of their faces a look of anticipation could be seen.

Anticipation of something that would never come! Fancy that! He chuckled despite his situation. Ah, death. Take me! He thought. Maybe it would be a nice experience. Maybe his antics would be appreciated elsewhere.

The townspeople stood, rooted in their spots, and waited.

And waited.

It was nearly sunset when they had to admit it. Potatouhou was no werewolf. No freakish transformation. No matted brown fur. Just a poor, middle-aged shopkeeper murdered by his very own customers.

Potatouhou, the Vanilla Townie, has been lynched Day 2

[/area]

- Night 2 starts now. Be sure to send in all night actions.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

{What’s this?!}

He sighed.

His gun was in the cabinet in the other room. Too far away to reach in time.

Run away? His leg was bad, it wouldn’t make a difference.

Stand and fight? Against a menacing, growling beast with a frame that barely fit in the hallway? Not a chance.

It was his last month on the job, too.

A few more weeks, and he could leave the arduous job of law enforcement behind for a nice, quiet life in the country, reveling in his retirement.

Thugs in pinstripe suits he could handle. Creatures of the night weren’t exactly in the job description.

MagnaofIllusion, the Cop, has been killed Night 2[/b]
[/area]

- Day 3 starts now.
Last edited by Shiidaji on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

{Day 3}

Vote Count
  • Not voting (3):
    triangle123, Toro, gorckat

With 3 alive it is 2 to lynch.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Toro »

Gorckat and Triangle, what do you think about the tunneling by MoI on Pota and the quicklynch? I'm going to go back and observe both of your reactions against Mala.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:47 am

Post by gorckat »

Skimming today while not at work-

I obv thought the Potato lynch was right- Magna and Triangle laid it out (Baa).

Toro's 202 looks like a frustrated Mala bus.

Haven't gone back yet to read the inconsistency Triangle noted Mala had on Toro.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am

Post by triangle123 »

I'm going to do a re-read of the thread in a bit and will most likely post my thoughts later this evening, but just jotting some thoughts down now really quickly.

Toro wrote:
Gorckat and Triangle, what do you think about the tunneling by MoI on Pota and the quicklynch? I'm going to go back and observe both of your reactions against Mala.

Well, I don't really have any thoughts in particular about MoI's tunneling since he obviously was just really certain Potato was scum. The quicklynch made me uneasy because under normal circumstances, I would find Gorc's dropped hammer so quickly to be scummy, but MoI did urge someone to hammer straight away, and he could have just been listening to that. So that's something I need to look at more closely.

Off the top of my head, I'm leaning towards Gorc-scum because of his sheeping. He said somewhere that this is typical play for him, so I'm going to look at some of his past games to try and compare his meta. Additionally, I don't feel like Mala's vote on Toro towards the end of Day 1 was a bus because she was desperately trying to push a lynch that wasn't hers, and I don't think her first instinct would be to deflect her own death by pushing her buddy's. Again, though, I need to compare her interactions with both Gorc and Toro.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Toro »

In post 279, gorckat wrote:Skimming today while not at work-

I obv thought the Potato lynch was right- Magna and Triangle laid it out (Baa).

Right so essentially you contributed nothing to the wagon information/reasoning wise and just followed Magna blindly. I have not seen much of your reasoning on Pota as well in late D1. Hence why your hammer on Pota makes you the last scum so it seems. Magna somewhat re-iterated his case D2 before plopping down his vote. Triangle posted his full and strong case in D2 while you just blindly followed along. I'm also more inclined to believe Triangle's town as he also wanted the Cop to claim in response to my post and I can't really view Scum agreeing with that or at least I see Scum omitting that from their post.

Toro's 202 looks like a frustrated Mala bus.

How on Earth did you get me being frustrated from...

In post 202, Toro wrote:
In post 201, PMysterious wrote:My thing is leave all townies alive. Townies are good, Scum are bad. Since Mala claimed VT, I rather leave her alive.

H-...wh-...how th-...

...seriously people, why are we not lynching PMysterious right now? Treating Mala as confirmed town when he/she claimed VT and suggesting we look into other reads except him throughout the rest of the day screams scum and suggests a Mala-PMyst team. However, this could also just be some WIFOM by
PMyst to still setup a lynch on a Town Mala. PM is my stronger scum read and I'm much more confident in lynching him than Mala today.

By PMyst's posts he clearly appeared to be the stronger scum read for me and I was surprised that no one else was voting him over Mala due to the sheer scumminess his posts were exuding. I was still confident in Mala being scum at that time due to PMyst's "Welp, she claimed VT...everyone unvote" which clearly did indicate a Mala-PMyst team.
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by gorckat »

I'll have more time tomorrow, but quickly-

202 might be the wrong post number. I'll direct quote the right post when I get it.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Toro »

In post 282, gorckat wrote:I'll have more time tomorrow, but quickly-

202 might be the wrong post number. I'll direct quote the right post when I get it.

If you're going to accuse me of something at least make sure you're quoting the right thing before trying to off me. I will hold you to your word and will wait for you to bring up a "correct" post.
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:04 am

Post by gorckat »

Went back to 202 and couldn't figure out why you didn't see what I did and realized I said bus of Mala. I meant general frustration with Mala. You also threw out a WIFOM card that Myst is trying to setup Mala for mislynch.

188 is a also winner- blowing off Myst's soft claim as nonsense, nudging Mala off for voting you on gut, lining up on Pota and then jumping hard at Myst

231 you (finally) pop off Myst and rather than L-1 your other scum read. It took 5 posts post claim for the unvote from the investigator that could find you.

Your head-bashing over Myst's claim looks like frustration that Mala hadn't claimed seer, which would have flushed him and possibly allowed a mislynch on Myst and "saving" a night kill (for one night at least).

Your call for the cop to claim in the face of a likely quick Potato lynch also looks like ferreting out the only other potential for a confirmed townie in LYLO, not something scum would not want.

Your 55 and 69 on me are also at odds- you say I'm suspicious for sheeping/parroting but say you're not for noticing the same things others have.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by triangle123 »

Actually... I'm leaning much more towards Toro as scum now primarily because of the interactions of both Toro and Gorc with Mala. Initially I thought it was Gorc's interactions with Mala that made him look scummy, but I reread the thread and did some ISO's, and I realized my memory had been somewhat flawed earlier. It was Gorc, not Toro, that Mala had been pushing so hard near the end of Day 1.

Mala's interactions with Gorc had been fairly lackluster for the majority of the day, and it only escalated into a full-on pushing of her scumread when she was about to be lynched. If a scum is in so much danger of getting hammered, the natural instinct is to try and avert that danger by deflecting the lynch onto someone else. Particularly in a game where there's a two-person scum team, it doesn't make any sense for Mala to be pushing her buddy so hard, especially since she was making a genuine effort to get him lynched given how close she was to getting lynched herself.

As for Toro, she did have her vote on him for part of the day, which gave me pause before. However, she had originally posted a waffle-y statement about him for which she faced attacks from multiple players demanding that she take a position. So, she chose to call him a scum read, posted a case on him, and voted him, but at the same time, she made it very clear that her vote on him was primarily over a gut feeling - something that can set up to be very easily disregarded later on. But as soon as she really started to feel the heat of a potential lynch coming, she switched to Gorc, someone she had barely mentioned before, because she didn't want Toro to get lynched.

I also found it interesting that Toro barely touched Mala through Day 1. He never voted for her at any point, and unless I missed something, he never really called her straight out scum or tried to push her lynch. Any "attacks" he made on her were rather weak, more like questions or single statements that he never tried to push beyond that, such as in post #188. It looks very much like something constructed merely for show.

So the way things stand now, I'd be pretty comfortable with a Toro lynch.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Toro »

In post 284, gorckat wrote:Went back to 202 and couldn't figure out why you didn't see what I did and realized I said bus of Mala. I meant general frustration with Mala. You also threw out a WIFOM card that Myst is trying to setup Mala for mislynch.

False. Where on Earth are you getting any sort of frustration with Mala through that post? How could you not have possibly read into newb PMyst telling everyone to back off a claimed
VT
as PMyst coming up with a basic WIFOM at that point (pre-Seer claim)?

188 is a also winner- blowing off Myst's soft claim as nonsense, nudging Mala off for voting you on gut, lining up on Pota and then jumping hard at Myst

Myst's soft claim was nonsense, new players typically go with the "Don't lynch me or you'll all be sorry." If you're going to give any water to it minds as well just have PMyst come out right then and there and claim.

231 you (finally) pop off Myst and rather than L-1 your other scum read. It took 5 posts post claim for the unvote from the investigator that could find you.

What do you mean by (finally?) I waited until all potential CC'ers passed on counter-claiming and then took my vote off. I went back to re-read the thread and only made one more post prior to the hammer. Is this your case on me? That I didn't quickly pile my vote onto Mala since I was re-assessing the thread so that means I must have been her partner? Could you re-clarify your second sentence?

Your head-bashing over Myst's claim looks like frustration that Mala hadn't claimed seer, which would have flushed him and possibly allowed a mislynch on Myst and "saving" a night kill (for one night at least).

My head bashing over Myst's claim was due to the utter incompetence (no offense Myst) of Myst's play up to that point and he ends up as our only useful PR? You are once again coming up with ideas that make no sense, why would I be frustrated that Mala wouldn't claim Seer?

Jeez, what's your next 'point' on me going to be?
How dare you inevitably out the Seer by putting pressure on him! ?

Your call for the cop to claim in the face of a likely quick Potato lynch also looks like ferreting out the only other potential for a confirmed townie in LYLO, not something scum would not want.

No, I wanted to clear another townie to cross off from the suspect pool. Or if Scum was stupid enough, to effectively end the game last day phase or today. (Although that would obviously be the longest shot in the world) It was the wise thing to do as Town, besides MoI's a smart guy, if he saw what I asked as scummy you can surely bet he would have sent a FoS my way. Way to completely try and turn around town logic into a scum tactic...

Your 55 and 69 on me are also at odds- you say I'm suspicious for sheeping/parroting but say you're not for noticing the same things others have.

During this game you have been hitching rides on other people's wagons.

---------------------

As of right now my scum-meter on Gorckat/Triangle is 90/10. You're making a weak case on me out of thin air while Triangle's case appears to be much more well thought out, Tri's also been one of my primary town reads throughout the entire game thus far...even if her activity was lacking a bit. I will address Tri's case tomorrow.
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 am

Post by gorckat »

As of right now my scum-meter on Gorckat/Triangle is 90/10. You're making a weak case on me out of thin air while Triangle's case appears to be much more well thought out, Tri's also been one of my primary town reads throughout the entire game thus far...even if her activity was lacking a bit. I will address Tri's case tomorrow.

"I'm gonna say the mutual town read made a better case and try to convince them to vote you."

vote: Toro
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:06 am

Post by Toro »

In post 287, gorckat wrote:

"I'm gonna say the mutual town read made a better case and try to convince them to vote you."

vote: Toro

That's it? You're not even going to address my rebuttals?
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 am

Post by gorckat »

Nope. You're scum.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Toro »

In post 289, gorckat wrote:Nope. You're scum.

So essentially you're pushing a bad case on me and you won't even respond to my explanations. Triangle what do you make of this?
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:02 am

Post by gorckat »

Why should I respond? I think you're scum.

Your explanations don't negate the way I see your earlier actions.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Toro »

In post 291, gorckat wrote:Why should I respond? I think you're scum.

So it goes from "You're scum" to "I think you're scum"? If you're going to vote for someone as Town in LyLo at least vote someone with better reasoning than what you've been peddling, your case on me is full of holes and shows that you're reaching hard. Not really indicative of behavior I'd expect from Town at endgame.

Your explanations don't negate the way I see your earlier actions.

Surely you're a better player then that, essentially what you're doing is sticking your head in the sand going "Lalalalala I can't hear you!!"
Show

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:09 am

Post by gorckat »

So it goes from "You're scum" to "I think you're scum"?

Desperate hair splitting. The meaning is the same in both contexts.

I have no reason to think Triangle scum. You have not presented Triangle as scum. You're not going to convince me I'm scum.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 am

Post by Toro »

In post 285, triangle123 wrote:Actually... I'm leaning much more towards Toro as scum now primarily because of the interactions of both Toro and Gorc with Mala. Initially I thought it was Gorc's interactions with Mala that made him look scummy, but I reread the thread and did some ISO's, and I realized my memory had been somewhat flawed earlier. It was Gorc, not Toro, that Mala had been pushing so hard near the end of Day 1.

And so that automatically equates to me being scum? I have to admit, I really found it odd that the both of you were on the Mala wagon on lynch. Really surprised Scum would bus on D1. Although I haven't been reading along with many 7-player games as of late so I don't know if this is a common Scum tactic in these small-player games or not.

Mala's interactions with Gorc had been fairly lackluster for the majority of the day, and it only escalated into a full-on pushing of her scumread when she was about to be lynched. If a scum is in so much danger of getting hammered, the natural instinct is to try and avert that danger by deflecting the lynch onto someone else. Particularly in a game where there's a two-person scum team, it doesn't make any sense for Mala to be pushing her buddy so hard, especially since she was making a genuine effort to get him lynched given how close she was to getting lynched herself.

Which makes me wonder if Mala's last minute push onto Gorckat was in response to her being bussed by her partner (perhaps unwillingly). I can interpret this two different ways, A. She did it out of shock/rage. B. She did it as a last-minute distance to push Gorckat away from her. What do you think regarding this Triangle?

As for Toro, she did have her vote on him for part of the day, which gave me pause before. However, she had originally posted a waffle-y statement about him for which she faced attacks from multiple players demanding that she take a position. So, she chose to call him a scum read, posted a case on him, and voted him, but at the same time, she made it very clear that her vote on him was primarily over a gut feeling - something that can set up to be very easily disregarded later on. But as soon as she really started to feel the heat of a potential lynch coming, she switched to Gorc, someone she had barely mentioned before, because she didn't want Toro to get lynched.

Yes her fence-sitting-ness was the catalyst for her D1 lynch. Those last two sentences don't make much sense to me, I was in absolutely no danger of being lynched D1 (or D2 for that matter, then again, D2 was like, 5 posts)

I also found it interesting that Toro barely touched Mala through Day 1. He never voted for her at any point, and unless I missed something, he never really called her straight out scum or tried to push her lynch. Any "attacks" he made on her were rather weak, more like questions or single statements that he never tried to push beyond that, such as in post #188. It looks very much like something constructed merely for show.

I did however have her late in D1 as my second scum read behind PMyst, once Myst cleared as Seer then Mala was my primary scum read. I was not expecting Myst's hammer on D1 as I implored that we extend the day further to extract as much information as we possibly could. I wasn't doodling around acting useless before the hammer, I was getting questions ready for Mala since as I just mentioned, she was my primary scum read at that moment.

-------------------

Some thinking I did earlier today made me realize something. Given the final three players we have I think I can pretty much draw up that based on who is left here in D3, Gorckat is scum.

If Triangle were Scum
- I believe the final three would actually be
Triangle, Magna, and Gorckat
. Magna to me seemed as if he was getting a little suspicious of Gorckat in his 268 when asking why he would wait for Pota to counter. Knowing how Magna rushed D2, I believe that he would have pushed HARD on Gorckat this day phase. Magna also never took issue with anything Triangle said so that leaves me to infer that he thought of her as town. Scum Triangle would have realized both Magna's stance towards herself and his 268 where he starts to question Gorckat and would have left Magna in the game so Magna would easily narrow in on Gorckat. Magna would vote for Gorckat and Triangle would easily swoop in to hammer. I believe Gorckat would have realized that as well hence why he had to go with myself and Triangle for the final three. He could have left Magna in and made a case on how he was way too trigger-happy with Pota on D2 and made a case out of tunneling on Pota D1, but I believe Magna would have immediately started tunneling after Gorckat because he found nothing wrong with anything Triangle has said throughout this entire game.

In conclusion. VOTE: Gorckat
Show

triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by triangle123 »

I don't have time to post much at this moment, so I just want to make a quick post to check in. I'm still very strongly leaning towards a Toro lynch, but I don't want to be hasty just yet so I'm going to think this over for a bit. Later this evening, I'm going to write a more substantial post and possibly hammer.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Toro »

Well that confirms that Triangle is the last town, if she was the last scum she would have hammered me right then and there. Triangle, I implore you to take a look at Gorckat's case on me and take a long look at it. Also take note of my post in response to your 285, let's debate this me and you.
Show

triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by triangle123 »

Toro wrote:And so that automatically equates to me being scum?

Not automatically, but very strongly so. Mala was not in a state of mind where she'd be trying to create distance before dying, she was in a state of mind where she was doing anything possibly to avoid getting lynched. If you were town, it would make sense for her to try pushing a lynch on you because she had already established a case of sorts. But she didn't - she took her vote off you and went with all her might after Gorc.

Toro wrote: Those last two sentences don't make much sense to me, I was in absolutely no danger of being lynched D1 (or D2 for that matter, then again, D2 was like, 5 posts)

I was a little unclear; I meant when her own lynch was approaching.

Toro wrote:
I did however have her late in D1 as my second scum read behind PMyst, once Myst cleared as Seer then Mala was my primary scum read. I was not expecting Myst's hammer on D1 as I implored that we extend the day further to extract as much information as we possibly could. I wasn't doodling around acting useless before the hammer, I was getting questions ready for Mala since as I just mentioned, she was my primary scum read at that moment.

But you barely stated anything about her, and any questions you asked of her were just very, very soft attacks.

I've thought this over and I'm pretty sure of my decision.

Vote: Toro
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by Toro »

Fucking hell.
Show

triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by triangle123 »

Game's over, I'm still town. Toro, were you scum?

Return to “Completed Open Games”