Micro 11: Mostly Normal Micro (Day 4)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:51 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Good game town.

Nice being mafia with you Bork. My first game on the site being mafia.

My only question, why was I lynched so fast. I logged on and saw I was dead. i felt like you guys would never lynch me. Im so used to be lynched as town or close to being lynched I thought by someone doing a meta on me they wouldnt lynch me. I was really hoping Bub would clear me since in one of our games I was a town role cop and voted myself at like L-3 in anger to show how bad I handle pressure. Anyways most of my reads were legit. I forced myself to believe I was town and play as much as I could like if I was town. My reads where real, most of what I said was real. My biggest downfall was I got so busy towards the end I just didnt pay much attention to game and began getting nervous every time i saw pressure on me.

Finally I would have voted Ree as town, I have bad experiences with mafia claiming obscure power roles to get an advantage at lylo.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I had to do it honestly Lucky -- Bub and Ree both easily would've done it, and even though I was semi V/LA at the time, I'd have looked really shitty being off the only scum wagon when I was on every other lynching wagon.
beefycheese
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Actually I was under the impression that lucky was town and playing really bad. I probably wouldn't have voted him.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 am

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

Bork had been bothering me at the start of D3 because of an experience in my first newbie game (1259) where the player who shared my reasoning and thoughts was scum. I didn't learn about that until after I was dead and she was lynched the next day to end it. This was also why Lucky came off as suspicious D1.

Lucky played fearfully on D3, which was a huge turnaround from his willingness to "die for our sake" D1.

Ree, Bub, it was good getting to work with you this game. Nice job in finishing things up in our favor.

Mehdi, your play was very effective even after your death. It helped us out in piecing the claim together and doubling as scumbait.

Sala, Joh, DJD, it was still pretty fun with you around.

Zab, I think you did a decent job as well. Thought you were iffy in places, but you helped keep the ball in our court.

DCLXVI/666, this was a good, fun setup. I like how the janitor messed things up in clearing Ree at first and it took a timely jail N1 to sort that out. Even then, it was an educated guess at best. FN turned out interesting as well. Jailer was a nice addition as well and I don't think it tipped the balance enough to throw gaming the system into question.

D1 and D2 weren't the best days in the world, but were necessary to get to hanging scum.

Overall, this was a fun and interesting game to play. Even in the low points, this was still a fun time. I hope to get to play with some of you in the future (and with a couple of you, I'm already doing just that)
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by zabriel »

I was kind of upset that I died the night you targetted me Ree. But you guys figured it out, so I'm glad for that.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by zabriel »

Basically when Lucky was trying to say that I was scum after I died I knew that he was gone. Good game though. Loads of fun.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by Johhog »

I hate this game, this site and I hate all of you. Taking a break once I'm out of my current games. I've been playing worse and worse recently.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Hey cheers man, you didn't do badly. At least you guys won :D
beefycheese
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Question!

Why was a meta read on sala so scummy? I nailed him as town so early! SOULREAD. As far as i can tell, that was most of the arguments against me and my slot.

Also, i really did replace out because of RL issues. SRY :(
You got me!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

it wasn't scummy, at all -- I was being on the level when I said so in game.
beefycheese
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 631, Johhog wrote:I hate this game, this site and I hate all of you. Taking a break once I'm out of my current games. I've been playing worse and worse recently.

You weren't playing that badly, you just made the mistake of attacking me. No hard feelings but I couldn't have you exposing my role too early. I'm not sorry for anything. If you hate everyone for not lynching the town PR, so be it and so long.

@DJD. I'll admit, Salamence wasn't really in the spotlight for me day 1, I was looking closer at Bub, your slot and (a distant 3rd), Lucky. It didn't seem like any of them were viable with so little time left so I more or less gave my support to get the flip. No worries on having to replace out. Real life should always come first and, lets face it, sometimes things come up.

Thanks Godot, my claim would have fallen to pieces if you hadn't supported me day 3. I enjoyed playing the game with you.

Lucky.... you were the least threatening scum I've ever played against. If your FOS's held any weight to them, I would have just policy lynched you like Johhog. Next time I'll be able to pick up on your alignment right away. I just thought you remembered when I raeped the town as Legato.

Bork, you had me confused until the very end, bravo. It was fun playing with you. You were right, good arguements and eloquence will normally win me over. If not for the mushroom post, I may have turned around and voted Bub.

Bub, gg. You didn't post a lot and I had you as scum for most of the game. Next time, I'll know better.

Zab, I like your logical mind. Too bad you got nkd. When you were thinking and posting along the same logic I was using, it helped clear my own head. Hope to see you around.

Mehdi, if you hadn't blocked me night 1, things would have gone so much easier. If I had a role that could have saved you I totally would have. Sorry for making you claim day 1. If you want, pm me and I'll explain my PR strategy. It always seems to work for me.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

@Salamence, sorry about the early death. At least I got the DJD slot for you as retribution ;)

@mod, great game! I liked both the setup and my role. Too bad the only time my message worked was when it was being sent to scum...
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:45 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 636, Mr_Ree wrote:@Salamence, sorry about the early death. At least I got the DJD slot for you as retribution ;)

@mod, great game! I liked both the setup and my role. Too bad the only time my message worked was when it was being sent to scum...

*thumbs up*
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Luckyjt »

In post 635, Mr_Ree wrote:
In post 631, Johhog wrote:I hate this game, this site and I hate all of you. Taking a break once I'm out of my current games. I've been playing worse and worse recently.

You weren't playing that badly, you just made the mistake of attacking me. No hard feelings but I couldn't have you exposing my role too early. I'm not sorry for anything. If you hate everyone for not lynching the town PR, so be it and so long.

@DJD. I'll admit, Salamence wasn't really in the spotlight for me day 1, I was looking closer at Bub, your slot and (a distant 3rd), Lucky. It didn't seem like any of them were viable with so little time left so I more or less gave my support to get the flip. No worries on having to replace out. Real life should always come first and, lets face it, sometimes things come up.

Thanks Godot, my claim would have fallen to pieces if you hadn't supported me day 3. I enjoyed playing the game with you.

Lucky.... you were the least threatening scum I've ever played against. If your FOS's held any weight to them, I would have just policy lynched you like Johhog. Next time I'll be able to pick up on your alignment right away. I just thought you remembered when I raeped the town as Legato.

Bork, you had me confused until the very end, bravo. It was fun playing with you. You were right, good arguements and eloquence will normally win me over. If not for the mushroom post, I may have turned around and voted Bub.

Bub, gg. You didn't post a lot and I had you as scum for most of the game. Next time, I'll know better.

Zab, I like your logical mind. Too bad you got nkd. When you were thinking and posting along the same logic I was using, it helped clear my own head. Hope to see you around.

Mehdi, if you hadn't blocked me night 1, things would have gone so much easier. If I had a role that could have saved you I totally would have. Sorry for making you claim day 1. If you want, pm me and I'll explain my PR strategy. It always seems to work for me.

I dont remember that game and you most likely wont. If we played a game with me as town you would end up lynching me. I play exactly the same as town and mafia basically. Look into my town games I used ATE a lot. As I said I basically play the same as town and mafia. SO you wouldnt be able to pick me out as scum. If this game had any town member that had played 2+ games with me before on this site they would have backed me up and I may have not been lynched. Just that most of the people in this game I had never played with here or played one game with them with the exception of Sal who was lynched day 1. Im always so scummy you have to take a risk in killing me because I may flip town.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Lucky if you really try to push the I'm always scummy thought I'd policy lynch you if you can't be read. Being able to read a person is important (and PoE would hurt you if you don't ever get read as town easily).
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Not like I try to be scummy, I just am haha. Remember day 1 when I asked for tips about being less scummy, well that was real. I try to be town like and not be scummy but it doesnt work. I try giving reads, try working with what other say, scumhunt, etc but am always considered scummy. So I guess I can ask the question once more at end game. Any tips to improve my play to be less scummy?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:29 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I'm curious how this game would've turned out if Mehdi hadn't been a PR. I planned my tunnel on Mehdi to be obtuse as shit (I honestly don't think he was acting terribly scummy at all), hoping the wagon would fall apart, and I was gonna nightkill him anyway because he was super active, but if that lynch had gone through I may have had to play differently.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:56 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Also @Lucky -- reread your posts back to yourself. Do it multiple times. Ask yourself

1) does it make sense to me?
2) is it easy enough to follow for others?

Honestly if you can do these two things well, you'll start to do better all around.

Obviously after this point, the tips for whether you're town or you're scum diverge (such as "does this accurately represent how I feel" is something you need only ask yourself as town, etc.)
beefycheese
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 am

Post by Hoopla »

:shifty:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”