Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:11 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I cant scumhunt for balls...had townreads on all the mafia lol.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:12 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Whiskets was my vig guess...who else wouldve shot troangle
beefycheese
Giitah
Giitah
Goon
Giitah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Giitah »

vig made a good shot. I had no clue who the Mafia were, I was completely serious when I said there was too much noise for me to figure anything out. I suck too guys.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

oh..

it was code_x/uberninja
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

the vig
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:17 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

i live in an alternate world where i didnt just hear that.
beefycheese
Blastoide
Blastoide
Goon
Blastoide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Blastoide »

In post 775, UberNinja wrote:inte

stop being useless bro

krazy is town

whiskers and bork are scum

get with it

On the bright side you can always look at this and feel better.. In a way..
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:20 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

He is definitely not gods gift to scumhunting, that is true.
beefycheese
KrazyEyeKilla7
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 am

Post by KrazyEyeKilla7 »

Ugh....fuckin a, mod.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Klick »

So yeah, I was originally Mafia. :P

I was looking forward to being Mafia against UN-town.
Giitah
Giitah
Goon
Giitah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Giitah »

I was howling at the misfortune of everyone else from the dead thread. I didn't have to suffer the horror that was playing with Uber.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 am

Post by Klick »

To be fair, I suspected that bork was the other Werewolf as well. I wasn't going to push him, though.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Wtf did i do that people even remotely thought that? Buddied triangle? Doesnt that seem short sighted?
beefycheese
KrazyEyeKilla7
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 am

Post by KrazyEyeKilla7 »

Alright, since my hopes of winning have literally been dashed.

I'm a bit upset my first game was as WW. But as luck would have it, the one person who could kill me at night claimed a townread on me (yay). My actual thought was he was a mafia member who had a strong scumread on me, so he would decide to keep me as the killing force until mafia could potentially have the majority.

This pinned me down, metaphorically, because I was legitimately scared to kill uber if I survived. Since if he was scum, he was buddying me like no other, so then I would be labeled as scum to everyone.

Either way...what a shame that mod had to end it. The only person I had an accurate read on was stab...which would have been enough for me to kill :p
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:56 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

its sad that i had to do this. this game had the potential for a interesting dynamic.
KrazyEyeKilla7
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:10 am

Post by KrazyEyeKilla7 »

You didn't have to do it. You just needed to prod/replace anyone who was being inactive.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Whiskers »

No. There was a problem player. It wasn't just a matter of prods-- it was a matter of replacing, like, half the player list, partially due to inactivity but partially because the Crowds were Wise and decided they didn't want to play with Uber.

Going to say-- there is a lot of motivation for scum (McStab) to stay in a game like this. This is the MOST advantageous position for scum. town can't get accurate reads, scum can influence lynches-- Who replaces out (not counting flakes) as scum? When does that
ever
happen?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Giitah
Giitah
Goon
Giitah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:38 am

Post by Giitah »

Whiskers makes a good point -- town had little incentive to stay in and play with players whom they didn't enjoy playing with, while Mafia could sit and stew in the madness. I think it might be a good idea to remember this for the future, even if it shouldn't really be considered a part of the game.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:36 am

Post by Hyperion »

I was right about Krazy. Way off on Mcstab, I had him as strong town. Right about Whiskers. I blame Uber for this though.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:39 am

Post by McStab »

Yeah I called Krazy as scum Day One.

Solid, I didn't actually think you were responsible for divisiveness, at least anymore than any player in the game. I was just saying that to try and put a damper on any scumhunting you had.

Bad modding, but other than that a fun game as scum. Shame with all the replace-outs, and I didn't really like UN's method of trying to convince people to his way of thinking, but I usually just react by being as bullheaded as he is to those kinda things, so, no hard feelings to UN from me.

Krazy, hope you had some fun in your first game anyway, most of the time games don't get mod-abandoned, and there's usually a level of professionalism well above this. Kcda should be ashamed that he couldn't even bother finding a backup mod.
solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 am

Post by solidstate »

I wasn't that sure on bork, although I kind of thought if I was wrong that he might have been the Vig instead (just because vigs sometimes like laying low).

However, I take some pleasure in that my final 'Lynch all the people screaming about the bork wagon' would have in fact caught Mcstab. I was pretty just that there would be at least one scum amidst the screaming, ranting hordes. A lot of the purpose of simply picking a wagon and strongly pushing was to see what would rattle loose.

That said, people reacting the way they did was childish and I hope this goes down as my worst game here. Annoying players are annoying, but it seems like a lot of people got butthurt and ruined the game for it. That includes bork, who simply decided he wasn't playing because he was getting wagoned incorrectly. I mean, shit, a mislynch in mafia? How fucking UNHEARD OF :roll: and it includes the people who just decided they were going to leave because they didn't like one player.

The mod needed to be faster with replacements, for sure. The problem wasn't that we had some replacements and scum hiding in the chaos, the problem was we had some replacements and LOTS of idles not being replaced, and didn't have enough people playing to actually conclude a vote. Krazy could have easily died today if there were more people actually playing.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

fwiw solid, i agree and i probably dont have the tempement for this game in general.
beefycheese
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I don't have a problem with being mislynched but I'd be fucking mad if the person LEADING the lynch was gloating the whole time and had no case or reason to attack me. Maybe bork acted inappropriately, and Hyperion and I did too, but I like the way the whole thing went down. Sorry, Kcda, that we ruined your game.

I keep playing these games and I keep promising to myself that, when I mod, I will be doing background checks on players and replacements, having strict rules for conduct and gameplay-- generally ensuring that no griefers get into my games, and that everybody who is in it will have a good time.

McStab: What was wrong with the modding?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by McStab »

For one, the lack of replacements. I understand it may be difficult, but you need to be prepared to actively find replacements. If he'd kept up with it, he wouldn't have had a huge backlog of replacements.

Two, the lack of finding a backup mod. If you're not qualified to mod it yourself at least find someone else who can.

Three, the inactivity near the end of the game where he was most needed to salvage it.

Four, just giving up at the end. If you can't handle the heat of modding, then don't do it. I'm not sure I could be a capable mod, so I don't mod games. It's simple enough.

Five, not using WoTC. It was evident at some point in the game that at least three players couldn't stand UberNinja to the point of replacing out. Regardless of whether UberNinja warranted replacing (I don't think personally he did) it ought to be possible to get someone replaced if the majority of the active players in the game want it to the point where they'll replace out. Especially considering that Whiskers, Bork and Hyperion have played in and completed a handful of other games and to my knowledge have had no disciplinary problems, whereas UN is currently serving a one week ban. It's a no-brainer to me that instead of losing those three UN ought to have been force replaced.

So yeah, Kcda is going on my blacklist, and I've never blacklisted anyone before; because a player error or a mod error are one things, but a mod flaking because they are having some sort of crisis in motivation on this site is inexcusable. Don't sign up for the job if you aren't committed to finish it; simple enough. Or do a setup that isn't 15 players with three factions that will last awhile, and stick with a small game like Vengeful to start off, if you don't think you'll have the time.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 853, UberNinja wrote:
In post 846, Hyperion wrote:we'll stop replacing out when uber is forcibly banned form the site. Krazy you need to learn that Uber's cases and playstyle are not acceptable here. Uber is a dipshit.

Yeahhh... Except I lynch scum greater than 50% of the time, which is astronomically high compared to most players on this site.

So I'll thank you kindly to take your sorry ass elsewhere while I do what I do best.

jesus

Return to “Completed Open Games”