Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 272, Om of the Nom wrote:Mala, wanna lynch RBD with me?
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

{Day 2}

Vote Count
  • Not voting (3): Om of the Nom, Malakittens, Rainbowdash

With 3 alive it is 2 to lynch.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Honestly Ommy I'm not even sure who to pick between you two <.<.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Think about it, RBD's play works perfectly for him as scum.
He replaces in, and tries to "break" the setup to appear pro-town, when really he's just trying to kill off all of the townies in as smart a way as possible.
He knew that Uctiton was going to flip scum since he was his buddy, so he set up the Night actions to shoot almost anyone but him. He decided to put himself in the "Shoot if Uctiton is town" pile to give himself some towncred, as if to say he's fine with dying.
Then, come nightfall, he doesn't even commute. Which shows that he's not afraid of death, since obviously he was the one causing it. Any lone scum not in the circle could have easily shot you, me or RBD to win the game now.
His lack of commute and his push for a no lynch (since he seems to be talking about having night actions for another night, if I'm reading it correctly) mean he's going to use his commute tonight (if there is one) so that he won't get shot, and I presume he still thought that I thought you were scum, meaning I probably would have shot you and lost us the game.

NONE of this makes sense if you're scum. You've been playing in the moment instead of trying to plan ahead.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I know, but RD's plan. I SHOULD be C.. I'm really the most conftown because I don't think scum would kill their own member off D1 in the way I did
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Nope, scum can and WILL bus especially if it can confirm them.
I know this since my very first scum win I bussed my buddy hard and got him lynched D1 and then went on to win the game by myself.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

If we lynch today, and the lynchee flips town, then that's it, SCUM WIN.
If we don't lynch today, and since I'm the only one who has used his commute I'm the obvious shot tonight because I can't defend myself, meaning SCUM WIN.
RBD is trying to set you up to get us to go to night so he can shoot me for a win. Don't give in.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Ommy truthful here you lying to me? You are town 10096436896 times over? If you're lying. I'll never trust you again. >.>
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Why would I be lying to you? I'm town you dit :P Trust me.
Though I'm not voting until I get a response from RBD.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Okay now im confused since I was heavily leaning a OOTN vote, but he doesnt realize scum dont auto-win a 1v1 if town still has a shot left? He apparently also doesnt realize that scum dont have a factional kill or something? It feels like town unfamiliar with scum win conditions, but ive recently got burned by not knowing my own win condition too and just assuming it was standard.

@OOTN - Answer me this one at least; where is my game breaking helping me as scum? Show me the part where I mask what the real correct choice is. Also if I could have won last night... why didnt I? And why didnt you ever bring it up?

Your entire case is based on false setup premises.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Your gamebreaking is putting you in a great position as scum because A) it's not something scum would normally do, giving you lots of towncred and B) your experience means people are much likely to follow you and your plans.
I can't pinpoint exactly where you mask the correct choice because as town I wouldn't have known what the correct choice was. You've just been kind of inching us closer towards killing other townies instead of truly inching us towards killing the last scum.
You wouldn't risk a shot on someone else in case they commuted, since then you wouldn't be able to kill anyone else and it be so much harder for you to win.
I didn't bring it up because A) I'm selfcentered so I wanted to be the guy who saves the day in a dire situation (lol), and B) I never really thought about it until the Ucticon flip, and I was really sure until the Night results.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

So im scum because I made the correct moves for town?
You don't earn
loyalty
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Great way to misconstrue basically everything I said against you.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Well your simplified case is

1) Did something that scum doesnt do
2) Might have suggested flawed plan
3) Didnt kill

You do realize that those points are basically

1) Did something pro-town
2) Did something you dont understand
3) Did something that would have happened regardless of alignment
You don't earn
loyalty
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

You forgot didn't commute, which puts you in a great position tonight (if there is one).
Even if you don't auto-win 1v1 during Night, you could just commute and then endgame the last townie.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO DENY IT
MALA'S USELESSNESS SO FAR THIS LYLO IS GIVING ME DOUBTS

RBD ARE YOU ACTUALLY SCUM?
BE TRUTHFUL.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah well it's hard to figure out who it is:

I have to pick between my old town read who I oringally think was scum

Or

Someone who fucking broke the game to help town win who could potentially be scum.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Look.
I've been playing in the moment, and making my decisions out of nowhere.
RBD has been trying to plan ahead constantly and has been put on a pedestal of towniness for "breaking" the game (which is the optimal position for him as scum).

Frankly I'm tempted to just 1v1 with RBD and give Mala the win if she's actually scum.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I'm not scum. And I'm leaning more towards a RD scum, but I don't want to rush this. You said it yourself meta can change and how do I know this isn't part of your newly improved meta?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:05 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Didn't you see me making an effort to change my meta earlier in the game?
I was trying to be more logical, instead of primarily gut based.
I even made a QT for myself, in which I could post observations and thoughts that I had on the game instead of just doing it based on memory.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:11 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Look, I'm not going to use meta as my defense since I know I'm definitely making an effort to change it this game. But take a look at my play this game- especially early-game- and you will see that I was willing to attack and to argue with my scumsuspects and I was pushing for their lynches and voicing my suspicions. I was not, in any way trying to base my moves later on in the game based on the flip of the lynchee, and I was not trying to direct the town to shoot each-other in ways based off the flip of the lynchee.
If RBD is scum, basing things off Uct's flip would have been perfect, since RBD would already have known Uct was going to flip scum, so he would have had the advantage of making sure everyone in that circle was town. He knew Uct was going to flip scum, which is why he put himself in the list of people to shoot if he flips town, since he knew he wouldn't be shot and it would give him towncred since it looked like he was willing to die.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Ah, shit.
I don't know who to fucking choose.
It's either RBD, whose failed game breaking seems 'too' coincidental to be an accident.
Or it's Mala, who gave me really bad vibes in the early-game and is still giving me them now.

[thinking aloud]
Shit...
Mala seems to be trying to keep her options open right now, but as scum that's kinda stupid considering it's only 3p LYLO, which means she just needs to wait for someone to vote someone else then she could powah hammah. I don't feel she's making an effort to interrogate us any further, making me think she's either made her decision already but is just too nervous to act on it, or she's just waiting for me to vote RBD so she could hammer.
RBD discrediting of my case gives me terrible gutvibes, which when paired with my early-game absta scumread make a full-fledged scumread. absta's play was fucking terrible and reeked of scumvibes from literally everywhere, but then RBD came in and turned it all around. But looking back I think I was just stupid for going along with the plan in the first place.
RBD not using his commute makes a lot of sense from a scum POV, especially sine I think he would be smart enough to plan this far ahead.
Mala not using her commute gives me null vibes, I feel like she made that decision as a spur of the moment thing, and I don't think she is the type to plan that far ahead as scum. But I can't hake the bad gut vibes I'm getting, even though it's highly likely it's just due to paranoia.
[/thinking aloud]

Damnit, can you two just vote each-other? I feel like a fucking kingmaker here, so I'd much rather either take the blame for a loss, or the glory for a win.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 am

Post by Malakittens »

The last few times I have voted in LyLo I either got hammered by scum of someone refused to let me post before hammering to lose for town. I'm not keeping my options open, I'm actually thinking on this so it's a win for town.

The thing is its hard to roll a 1 on 5 dice which makes me think RD said it to rattle us because he was scared of being shot and losing because he is scum. That's the only thing that makes sense.

I doubt you're around.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I am around.
Just vote RBD.
RBD can vote you.
Just fucking trust me, I will NOT hammer.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

Go for it hammer.
Vote: RD

I'm taking it as one less game now. Til I'm finished for the summer.

Return to “Completed Open Games”