Micro 27 - Precinct Madness! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Micro 27 - Precinct Madness! (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 am

Post by saulres »

Game Rules

(stolen with permission from Tierce who shamelessly stole from Magua. Then I changed them quite a bit, so I'm not giving them credit. Now they're mine. MINE, I say. Mine.

/Orange Lantern)

Spoiler: General Rules, please see #16 in particular
  1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them and then do not break them. Some of them are so important they're listed here as well, because redundancy is your friend.
  2. The site-wide rules apply. Read them and then do not break them. Some of them are so important they're listed here as well, because redundancy is your friend.
  3. Play to win. Most players want to win legitimately, don't ruin their enjoyment by playing against your wincon.
  4. If you have the ability to edit or delete your posts in this thread, don't do it. If there is a problem with a post, such as incorrect formatting, ask me in the thread to fix it for you.
  5. Do not quote in the game thread any PMs between you and me (including role PMs), or quicktopics, or anything else that originated outside of the game thread. This includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
  6. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or anything like that.
  7. Do not impersonate or pretend to be the moderator. Blue is my color, don't use it or anything close to it.
  8. Unless the moderator has specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until I have announced that the game is over.
  9. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
  10. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
  11. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule. It's up to my discretion whether I think you pretended to break or rule or not, so if you're not sure, ask first.
  12. We're all here to have fun. Tempers may flare, but avoid personal attacks and keep it civil. I will have very little tolerance if someone complains about the way you're talking to them.
  13. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day.
  14. I reserve the right to change the rules. Rule changes will be updated here as well as posted in thread.
  15. If you are dead, that is it. Do not post. Not even a "Bah" post.

16. If I happen to not be online but you know the game is over (for example, if scum get a quicklynch in during LyLo), please let me post the final scene before revealing the ending or otherwise discussing the game.

Spoiler: Voting Rules
  1. Votes must be bolded, and in the format of
    VOTE: Player
    , using either the bold or the vote tags. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote.
  2. Unvoting is nice, but is not necessary.
  3. You may vote to No Lynch, that requires the same number of votes as a lynch vote.
  4. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched.
  5. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.

Spoiler: Activity Rules. Read these, I'm anal about them. :!: :!: :!:
  1. If a player goes 48 real life hours without posting, I will prod them. Prods will be announced in thread. You can ask for a prod if you want but odds are I'll have beaten you to it.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod within 24 real life hours, or is prodded three times in total within the game, I will seek a replacement. If the player comes back before a replacement is found I may allow them to continue. If it is night and there is only one scum left in the game, I
    will
    extend the deadline until a replacement is found and can be given time to catch up (usually 24 hours). Other extensions will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
  3. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread. Don't PM me, don't post in the V/LA thread, post in
    this
    thread. Otherwise I'll probably prod and possibly replace you.
  4. The 48 hours on the weekends count as 24 hours for activity.
  5. See Deadline Rule 4 for additional information

Deadlines

Unspoilered so they're easy to reference.
  1. Each game day will have a deadline of
    fourteen
    real life days.
  2. In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, a No Lynch occurs.

3. Each night will have a deadline of
    two
    real life days. I reserve the right to end night early if I receive actions or "end night" PMs from all players before the deadline. The 48 hours on the weekends count as 24 hours for activity.
  4. You all have night actions. USE THEM! If I don't get a night PM from you, or the scum don't post who they want to kill in their QT, then nothing will happen. IF I DON'T GET A NIGHT ACTION FROM YOU, OR IF THE GODFATHER DOES NOT POST IN THE SCUM QT, THE NIGHT WILL COUNT AS 24 HOURS TOWARDS YOUR BEING PRODDED!

Players
(bold means confirmed, *=prod)
Mehdi2277*

IceGuy

T-Bone

pieceofpecanpie**

GreyICE*

Telo
repl. shuriken*

Guy_Named_Riggs
repl. Cartographer

zabriel
PiggyGal15

Spoiler: Still drawing a paycheck (for some unknown reason)
IceGuy
pieceofpecanpie
Telo
repl. shuriken

Guy_Named_Riggs
repl. Cartographer

zabriel

Spoiler: Drummed off the force
PiggyGal15
, lynched D1
GreyICE
, killed N1
T-Bone
, lynched D2
Mehdi2277
Last edited by saulres on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 am, edited 27 times in total.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 am

Post by saulres »

Precinct Madness

Setup

2 Mafia with investigation-altering abilities
7 Town Cops of varying sanity

Mechanics

The cops will be randomly assigned a Sanity, which will not be revealed at all during the game. They will be distributed thusly:
2 Sane Cops - You receive
Guilty
if you investigate Mafia and
Innocent
if you investigate Town.
2 Insane Cops - You receive
Guilty
if you investigate Town and
Innocent
if you investigate Mafia.
1 Paranoid Cop - You always receive
Guilty
1 Naive Cop - You always receive
Innocent
1 Results Cop - You receive
Guilty
if your target is the Framer or a Cop who got incorrect results. You receive
Innocent
if your target is the Godfather or a Cop who got correct results. You receive a
random
Guilty
or
Innocent
if your target is a cop who didn't submit an action.

All town flips will be revealed as "
Cop
", and all mafia flips will be revealed as "
Mafia
".

Role PMs

Spoiler: Mafia Godfather
Welcome, XXX. You are a
Mafia Godfather
, along with XXX.

Abilities:

-Factional communication: During pre-game, and during the night phase, you may talk with your partner here.

-Factional kill: Each night phase your faction may choose a player to kill by posting
Kill: Player
in your QT. [Note: Whoever submitted the kill will carry it out unless otherwise specified]

-Godfather: All investigations of you will give results as if the investigator targeted a
Cop
player. This is a passive ability and will always be in effect.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Please confirm via PM.

Game thread is here.

Spoiler: Mafia Framer
Welcome, XXX. You are a
Mafia Framer
, along with XXX.

Abilities:

-Factional communication: During pre-game, and during the night phase, you may talk with your partner here.

-Factional kill: Each night phase your faction may choose a player to kill by posting
Kill: Player
in your QT. [Note: Whoever submitted the kill will carry it out unless otherwise specified]

-Framer: You may choose to frame a player at night. If that player is targeted by any cop other than the Results Cop, that Cop will receive results as if he targeted a
Mafia
player. You may use this ability and make the kill on the same night.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Please confirm via PM.

Game thread is here.

Spoiler: Town Cop
Welcome, XXX you are a
Town Cop

Abilities:

-Cop with Unknown Sanity: Each night you may PM me with the name of a player to investigate. Please see the game thread to understand what results you might get.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm via PM.

Game thread is here.
Last edited by saulres on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:11 am

Post by saulres »

The nine of you return to the precinct house. The chief comes down on you hard for failing to catch the perpetrators of the greatest crime against humanity to ever occur -- the slaying of the most wonderful saulres. Even hearing his name sends shivers of pleasure through your body.

Your failure was magnified by allowing a bunch of sword swallowers to die too, but no one really cared about them, except the crazy hotel manager -- but that's another story.

You listen to the chief go on and on about your incompetence. Your mind starts daydreaming to happier times, when you were in the police academy, and you were [paying strict attention][thinking about how to troll the force][thinking how everyone's a criminal at heart][thinking that no one really does anything bad][analyzing those around you][plotting how to kill the coppers] when suddenly the chief bangs on the desk so loudly his donut stack topples over (yes, cheap shot, I went there, sue me). That gets your attention.

"So find the traitors on your team, you incompetent boobs!"

Traitors? That's new (well, to all but two of you). You had just thought you were incompetent. But traitors! They must be found! Then you can get back the honor you feel you so richly deserve.

Last edited by saulres on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by saulres »

8 of 9 have confirmed. Game starts now.

Vote Count 1.0

L-5 Mehdi2277
L-5 IceGuy
L-5 T-Bone
L-5 pieceofpecanpie
L-5 GreyICE
L-5 shuriken
L-5 Cartographer
L-5 zabriel
L-5 PiggyGal15

Not voting: Mehdi2277, IceGuy, T-Bone, pieceofpecanpie, GreyICE, shuriken, Cartographer, zabriel, PiggyGal15

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline (expired on 2012-09-26 00:50:03)

Please note I will not be available from sometime Sunday afternoon until sometime Tuesday night (US time). Guy_Named_Riggs will be the backup mod for purposes of vote counts and prods. Only if necessary will I give him the setup, to allow for him to be a potential replacement should one be needed and he wishes. If it comes to that I will let you know.
On permanent
V/LA
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: Saulres
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Bookmarked.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

VOTE: GreyICE

Oh hai thur.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by IceGuy »

VOTE: Cartographer
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Post by zabriel »

VOTE: Medhi
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Post by IceGuy »

@Mod: Can cops target themselves?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 am

Post by saulres »

In post 9, IceGuy wrote:@Mod: Can cops target themselves?

I think that would go a long way towards breaking the setup, so I'm going to have to say no to that.
On permanent
V/LA
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:39 am

Post by IceGuy »

:(
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:47 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Vote: GreyICE

For being the first to vote.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:52 am

Post by IceGuy »

Let's get this game started with some theory talk.

I'm currently thinking it's probably a good idea to "wing it", i.e. everybody investigates whom they please and we have a massclaim the next day to sort it out - I think this would give us the largest amount of information since, as in Dethy, you can use the results to discount pairings and suspects.
Cartographer
Cartographer
Goon
Cartographer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 am

Post by Cartographer »

In post 13, IceGuy wrote:Let's get this game started with some theory talk.

I'm currently thinking it's probably a good idea to "wing it", i.e. everybody investigates whom they please and we have a massclaim the next day to sort it out - I think this would give us the largest amount of information since, as in Dethy, you can use the results to discount pairings and suspects.

I was thinking quite the opposite. I have two scenarios in my mind that I feel are better. Scenario 1, no one investigates ever (or at least until one goon is lynched). The investigations will only lead us astray and give the mafia power of manipulation over the town. Scenario 2, we all investigate two different people on two consecutive nights and then claim our results. That way we can more easily confirm sanity.

I have to run now, but those are just my opinions.
You make your own path
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 14, Cartographer wrote:
I was thinking quite the opposite. I have two scenarios in my mind that I feel are better. Scenario 1, no one investigates ever (or at least until one goon is lynched). The investigations will only lead us astray and give the mafia power of manipulation over the town. Scenario 2, we all investigate two different people on two consecutive nights and then claim our results. That way we can more easily confirm sanity.

I have to run now, but those are just my opinions.

VOTE: Cartographer
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 13, IceGuy wrote:Let's get this game started with some theory talk.

Massclaim day 3.

Day 2 we have no useful information as a town (since an innocent/guilty means jack squat) while the scum can figure out who got guilty results on them and shoot.

Other option is we pick 2 people and mass investigate them but framer fucks with that something fierce.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:52 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 16, GreyICE wrote:
Day 2 we have no useful information as a town (since an innocent/guilty means jack squat) while the scum can figure out who got guilty results on them and shoot.

The point is that the results interconnect with flips and with each other.

And scum isn't going to do what you described because that would confirm them as scum. There are enough explanations for a guilty other than "they're scum".
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:21 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I'll agree with ice. Forcing everyone to claim some report is useful. The more deaths without claims the harder finding sanity becomes. Being able to guess at cop sanity of the guy that died is nice. As for how to investigate I'm likely going to target a town read at the end of the day so I can start to get an idea of my sanity vs targeting someone I suspect. Mostly because town hunting is easier for me and is more likely to be correct (and GF screws stuff up too).

Next ice what makes theory disagreement scummy? I'm referring to your carto vote.

Zab/grey while randomish votes may be trifle completely 0 reasoning isn't nice either.

VOTE: Grey
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:31 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 18, Mehdi2277 wrote:
Next ice what makes theory disagreement scummy? I'm referring to your carto vote.

Theory disagreement isn't scummy. "Let's not investigate at all and therefore deprive town of information" is scummy, though.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

What about the fact he mentions until one goon died? If the dead one is the framer then everyone will look town to a sane cop. That just seems like either a bigger theory blunder, or him skimming over the scum roles.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:41 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 20, Mehdi2277 wrote:What about the fact he mentions until one goon died? If the dead one is the framer then everyone will look town to a sane cop. That just seems like either a bigger theory blunder, or him skimming over the scum roles.

I don't get what you're trying to say here.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 15, IceGuy wrote:or at least until one goon is lynched

I'm referring to this and how there's no goons in the set up along with how the idea of waiting until a mafia dies if GF then all investigations are near useless (well technically they could still sanities which could clear some people, but a lot weaker).
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:50 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 22, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 15, IceGuy wrote:or at least until one goon is lynched

I'm referring to this and how there's no goons in the set up along with how the idea of waiting until a mafia dies if GF then all investigations are near useless (well technically they could still sanities which could clear some people, but a lot weaker).

Who mentioned this?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Carto said that line. Sorry for having the wrong name in quote.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”