saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am

Post by saulres »

Oh, I thought you were explaining why you weren't answering njoseph. I haven't had a chance to look back at what you actually said. Gonna do that now.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:30 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 149, Salamence20 wrote:And I just gave you the reason I voted him. His defense of Venrob is scummy.

Oh, I was mixed-up because I thought that by "his reasoning" you meant MY reasoning.
"His defense of Venrob is scummy" would be a fine and dandy reason for voting, but what you still may need to consider is that Disturbed_One's vote against you for PLing Venrob says more about Disturbed's take on you than it does about his take on Venrob.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am

Post by saulres »

Sal, if I'm reading correctly (and I may not be, I'm tired), it looks like you're saying that your vote on him is based on him defending the guy you wanted to policy lynch, or OMGUS, or both. Do I have that right?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I don't see why it makes me obvscum to push for a. Policy lynch. It's probably antitown the more I think of it.

Venrob was overreacting to this, and I've never seen him overreact before as town.

Disturbed first post was him declaring the pl was stupid, followed by a vote. He continues by saying only scum would PL in this setup, but Klick did the same thing on me, and there wasn't any discussion about Policy lynching me.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 153, Salamence20 wrote:I don't see why it makes me obvscum to push for a. Policy lynch. It's probably antitown the more I think of it.

Venrob was overreacting to this, and I've never seen him overreact before as town.

Disturbed first post was him declaring the pl was stupid, followed by a vote. He continues by saying only scum would PL in this setup, but Klick did the same thing on me, and there wasn't any discussion about Policy lynching me.

I'm actually not opposed to lynching Klick, either. His case on me is little more than PoE and is pretty bad. The only reason I haven't tried starting up that wagon is because I like my vote on you just fine.

My initial reason for voting you was the PL, now it's more the fact that you blatantly sheeped Klick for reasons that essentially amount to OMGUS. And that you tried to rush a claim out of me.

So all in all, I find you both scummy, but I think you are scummier at the moment.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Klick »

So what's your reasoning for suspecting me other than me not having what you consider much evidence on you?

Little evidence is better than none.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 155, Klick wrote:So what's your reasoning for suspecting me other than me not having what you consider much evidence on you?

Actually, your whole game so far has been suspicious. You came in here jumping on the Sal wagon, pushing the PL, and when Sal hit L-1 and claimed, you suddenly jumped off the wagon because Sal was "probably town".

PoE is not evidence. Sorry.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 156, Disturbed_One wrote:
In post 155, Klick wrote:So what's your reasoning for suspecting me other than me not having what you consider much evidence on you?

Actually, your whole game so far has been suspicious. You came in here jumping on the Sal wagon, pushing the PL, and when Sal hit L-1 and claimed, you suddenly jumped off the wagon because Sal was "probably town".

PoE is not evidence. Sorry.

Actually, your whole game so far has been calling me scummy for wanting to lynch Venrob, using that as a basis to counterwagon, ignoring Kondi's intention to policy lynch me until after I claim.

Sorry, but your scum. Probably mean Venrob is town.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

You're not just scummy for wanting to PL Venrob, as I explained that was only an initial read. Now you're scummy for jumping on a band wagon for weak reasons and trying to rush a roleclaim.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 156, Disturbed_One wrote:

Think about what you just said.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 159, Klick wrote:
Think about what you just said.

You're not suspicious for jumping on Sal, you're suspicious for jumping off the wagon in such an odd fashion. You wanted to lynch him on policy, regardless of alignment, then all of a sudden he claims VT and you suddenly care. That's what is suspicious.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by saulres »

Klick, how did you get from here:

In post 78, Klick wrote:Salamence is probably town, unfortunately.

to here:

In post 106, Klick wrote:Salamence is Town because he was pushing for a PL on Venrob when, if he's scum, the easiest option for him is to keep him around to LyLo and hope he screws up. He also finds me suspicious at one point, but sticks to a Venrob PL over a me lynch.

given that the push "for a PL on Venrob" was in place before you even made your first post of the game?

Oh, and also, that last line? "He also finds me suspicious at one point"... Where's that point? I ISOed him and couldn't find it.
On permanent
V/LA
Minerals
Minerals
Townie
Minerals
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by Minerals »

some advice now everyone, carry on posting whilst at work and risk getting MS blocked or play it safe?

unvote

will be reading as I can but probably wont be able to offer anything substantial for at least a few hours ...
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Vote Count #3saulres -
Disturbed_One (2) - (Klick, Salamence20) [L-2]
njoseph (1) - (4nxi3ty) [L-3]
4nxiety -
Klick -
Minerals -
Salamence20 (2) - (Disturbed_One, Saulres) [L-2]
Not Voting - No One
With 7 Alive it take 4 To Die.
Deadline is set for Oct 1st 4:00 PM EST

Random Fact Of The
Day
Vote Count: I'm Asian.
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am

Post by Klick »

To answer both of you, I didn't actually start trying to find Salamence's alignment until about Page 4.

In post 49, Salamence20 wrote:Meanwhile, Kondi is distracting you from actual scumhunting by showing you a complete list of Salamence misreps.

This was where he suspected me. Even if it was slight, he still pushed the PL over the suspicion.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 106, Klick wrote:Salamence is Town because he was pushing for a PL on Venrob when, if he's scum, the easiest option for him is to keep him around to LyLo and hope he screws up.

Do you remember when it was that you realized this line of reasoning?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 am

Post by saulres »

In post 162, Minerals wrote:ome advice now everyone, carry on posting whilst at work and risk getting MS blocked or play it safe?

Depends on your work's policy, we can't answer that for you.

In post 162, Minerals wrote:ill be reading as I can but probably wont be able to offer anything substantial for at least a few hours ...

How many hours is a "few"? Your slot hasn't done anything this game and I was hoping for more before I have to be off later.

Speaking of which.

@Mod
& everyone else: I will be V/LA starting in roughly 6 hours until late late Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I know that's not even a prod range but I wanted to let you know.
On permanent
V/LA
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 165, njoseph wrote:
In post 106, Klick wrote:Salamence is Town because he was pushing for a PL on Venrob when, if he's scum, the easiest option for him is to keep him around to LyLo and hope he screws up.

Do you remember when it was that you realized this line of reasoning?

Ah, forget this question. You said you didn't start on Salamence's alignment until pg. 4.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

I still think it's fishy you suddenly decided to care about Sal's alignment when you went in on policy. To me, it kind of feels like you jumped on the bandwagon so you could get him to reveal, then jump off to avoid any suspicion in case he was hammered.

For sure FoS on Klick, I still think Sal is the best lynch today for all the reasons I have put forth today (which are numerous) so I'm going to keep my vote on him.

I don't quite buy Kondi's defense for Sal, because Kondi is arguing what Sal should do as scum. What scum are supposed to do in theory and what they actually do can be two different pairs of shoes.

I still think Sal's attempt at trying to rush a claim out of me is suspicious, and his initial bandwagon vote amounts to sheeping Kondi for the sake of sheeping Kondi.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 140, njoseph wrote:
In post 131, Disturbed_One wrote:
In post 125, 4nxi3ty wrote:nah you are making big assumptions about something being obvious to you will automatically be obvious to everyone.

I see nothing to indicate he knew we would be in LyLo. Even if he did, it is quite possible for town to not care or realize that going into LyLo after a pl is a bad idea.

Post #127 suggests it was pretty obvious that Sal knew Venrob PL would force us into LYLO. So I'm actually not making assumptions at all.

@Klick, yes you're right about post 127. It's a pretty sloppy misrep to say its context was about Venrob's being lynched day 1.

huh? who is misrepping who?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:06 am

Post by njoseph »

@4nxi3ty: Disturbed_One's 131 gives a misrepresentative comment of post 127 by Salamence.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 am

Post by saulres »

Post 127 is mine.
On permanent
V/LA
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 170, njoseph wrote:@4nxi3ty: Disturbed_One's 131 gives a misrepresentative comment of post 127 by Salamence.

How so? In post #127, saulres quotes one of Sal's posts where he says, and I might paraphrasing a bit. "This is a policy lynch. Venrob is a liability in LYLO."

Which if he's considering concepts like PLs and LYLOs, I argued that he should be able to comprehend that his vote would force us into it.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 am

Post by saulres »

I'm not seeing the misrep either.
On permanent
V/LA
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:53 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 86, Salamence20 wrote:Ok.

Let's say you lynch me. You are in 3/2 Lylo. Would a Venrob lynch benefit town?

Ok, 86 was Salamence's quote that was quoted in 127. Disturbed was talking about Venrob's lynch and LYLO in reference to that post, but 86 should not be presented that way. This post's context is not about Venrob's lynch taking us into LYLO.
In fact, somewhere Salamence basically says that he perceives that Venrob has this time reacted differently to Salamence from how he regularly reacts as TOWN according to meta. And lynching Venrob would not be the same as lynching himself from his view given Venrob's being possibly scum this time. As far as I can see, Salamence's vote on Disturbed never came with a switch in perspective on Venrob.

Return to “Completed Open Games”