Micro 49: Double Elimination (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 am

Post by saulres »

Fun to watch again.

Sorry for the confusion at the beginning of the second game, I totally missed zor starting it at the top of page 3 and figured he was going to restart in a different thread. I'm glad I didn't inadvertently screw up the game.

In post 192, Hoopla wrote:I'd normally do the duty of at least rereading the game before making any lylo decision, but I don't think there's anything that would change my mind. Piggy being scum is just too low of a percentage that it isn't even worth considering.

Hoopla, I wonder if you had read it, you would have caught what I did after Piggy scumslipped. As I sent to zor after Piggy's 158:

saulres wrote:Piggy claims to have used her ability on Hoopla. Hoopla is the one person she was consistently calling town D1. Why would she use that ability on someone she was sure was town? Doesn't ring true.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:21 am

Post by saulres »

zor, one way to enhance the mechanic, I think, is at the start of each phase let the scum know how many other scum are alive during that phase. I think that would've made the Godfather more nervous during the first run. Piggy would have known peta was the other scum when she got the same number both times. It would have added in, somewhat, the "informed minority" without necessarily telling every scum who everyone else is.

To counterbalance that for town, make it more like Think Twice. Maybe you can't be NKed it you were the last lynch? Because Piggy did it right, by NKing the two first lynches it completely kills the secondary role for everyone except scum.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Please, saulres, I made SO many scumslips, I don't even know how I won this >.< I thought I was screwed after not only we lynched the Godfather, but then I killed my other scum buddy D:
I was about to flip the table, then I realized if I just killed who we lynched and treated the game like a nightless one with normal roles (aka, everyone only has one) I can win this!
About my scum slips, well let's see, at the start of this game, I said I was a regular VT/VT again, then I told peta "How could there be two VT/scums?" Then I claimed "1-shot/vt" I was assuming someone would catch on... but no one did xD That was great.
Good game guys, good game.

Saulres' suggestion could work, I also think that if scum get told who the godfather is, but no one else, and the godfather doesn't get told anything (or just told how many scum alive there are that round), that would balance it out a bit more. Because I honestly thought RedCoyote or Hoopla was the godfather.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well done, PG. I'll keep my word.

I was just really impressed by your fakeclaim. I didn't think I would've been able to really sell Hoopla that it was a fakeclaim. One, because if I were in her shoes, I would've lynched her in a second. Two, because I had already essentially agreed that it was either me or Blastoide on the strength of your fakeclaim. I do remember you softclaiming VT/VT at the beginning, but, PG, that made me MORE impressed when you turned around and said that you actually had a PR. I thought you were being clever and had hinted at being VT/VT on D1 in order to throw the scum off.

saul's point about PG not suspecting Hoopla was a good one though. I didn't remember that, and I should've went back and looked for it. I don't blame Hoopla at all though because I know I would've done the same thing she did. No doubt in my mind. Additionally, I thought if there was any shot at all at Hoopla switching her vote, I bet it on me falling on my sword. Of course I wouldn't go so far as to hammer myself obviously, but I thought the only play for me was to leap praise on PG and play the victim card.

But this was totally PG's win. She earned it 100%. Thank you for hosting, zora. I don't know if the concept is as bad as you make it out to be, but I also don't know how exactly I would tweak it. I think the scum's optimal play for the most part is to always shoot at who gets lynched?

gg everyone.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Actually, I didn't realize you joined in 2011, so I did best performance of a scumteam instead.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: One, because if I were in her shoes, I would've lynched
me
in a second.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

thanks for the kind words RC Image
I'm also 100% against self-lynching or claiming scum when you're scum for the purpose of being lynched, even in this situation >.<
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 am

Post by quadz08 »

:nerd:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”