roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 49, zabriel wrote:I was mostly commenting on how he was claiming miller in first post, and that's like one of two schools of thought on how to play Miller. But it was so to the letter it was just kind of funny. I also wasn't sure if it was a legit claim or not.

waffle waffle waffle

i wish we had two lynched a day so we could kill bloodcovenant and zabriel at the same time.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 49, zabriel wrote:I was mostly commenting on how he was claiming miller in first post, and that's like one of two schools of thought on how to play Miller. But it was so to the letter it was just kind of funny. I also wasn't sure if it was a legit claim or not.

What's your thoughts on BC's actions so far?
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by Demon Core »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BloodCovenant

/baaaah roflcopter

For those of you not sold, also look at post 24. BC jumps on Taz for something that kind of looks bad at first blush, but if you think about it for two seconds it's not scummy at all, it's a simple error. Reeks of scum trying to create smoke around something harmless.

In related news, post #49 makes absolutely no sense to me and makes me think zab is scum too. More at 11.
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Demon Core »

Gah, you ninjas won't let me get a post in. X|
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Demon Core »

In post 51, Rob14 wrote:

What's your thoughts on BC's actions so far?

^Interested in this from AP too
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Rob, you have a few good points against BloodCovenant, except for one part. Wouldn't scum try to avoid each other more than make connections with each other? Do you really think that scum would make two connections back and forth to sacrifice the other scum-partner should one flip scum?

While this does not exonerate BC or Zabriel, I think it does make it not so fairly obvious as you say it is.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 55, ProHawk wrote:Rob, you have a few good points against BloodCovenant, except for one part. Wouldn't scum try to avoid each other more than make connections with each other? Do you really think that scum would make two connections back and forth to sacrifice the other scum-partner should one flip scum?

While this does not exonerate BC or Zabriel, I think it does make it not so fairly obvious as you say it is.

They weren't terribly obvious in their linking. Zab's support of BC's miller claim can easily be explained off by itself. He could say he simply believed no scum would draw attention to themselves so early, which is a valid conclusion (one that I initially reached before BC's other posts). BC can explain his action in voting for rofl as thinking he was bandwagoning if you look at it by itself. BC can also say he suggested zab may be the cop because of rofl's post, not because he was partnered with him.

When you examine each part of Zab and BC's actions by themselves, they don't lead to a conclusion of scum. You have to look at it as a pattern. The pattern is that they seem to be pointing to each other as town reads when there is no strong evidence of this.

Scum should try to avoid making connections to each other, but everyone makes mistakes. I would point to these as scumslips rather than town playing badly because each player started distancing themselves a bit from the other when they came under scrutiny. BC claimed that he had been joking when he accused rofl of sheeping Zab. Zab stated that he was actually very uncertain of BC's miller claim. Where'd their conviction go?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I think I can see it now.

VOTE: zabriel

In post 10, zabriel wrote:Wow. Miller claim already.
Seems legit. BC=Obvtown

In post 49, zabriel wrote:I was mostly commenting on how he was claiming miller in first post, and that's like one of two schools of thought on how to play Miller. But it was so to the letter it was just kind of funny.
I also wasn't sure if it was a legit claim or not.

These two posts do not equate.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 57, ProHawk wrote:I think I can see it now.

Seems legit. BC=Obvtown

In post 49, zabriel wrote:I was mostly commenting on how he was claiming miller in first post, and that's like one of two schools of thought on how to play Miller. But it was so to the letter it was just kind of funny.

Yeah, sure it looks like he's backing off since i took heat. He's attempting to distance himself from me.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 58, BloodCovenent wrote:Yeah, sure it looks like he's backing off since i took heat. He's attempting to distance himself from me.

If he's town and is getting a different read on you than us, he should contribute and argue against us. If he can lay down a clear case for you being town, then that's not scummy at all. That's good play. It's only scummy when he's claiming you're ObvTown when there's nothing to substantiate that. The only reason to distance is if he's scum. And there you go defending him again.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Rob14 »

EBWOP for the last sentence: And there you go defending him again without any legitimate reason or logic behind it.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 59, Rob14 wrote:
In post 58, BloodCovenent wrote:Yeah, sure it looks like he's backing off since i took heat. He's attempting to distance himself from me.

If he's town and is getting a different read on you than us, he should contribute and argue against us. If he can lay down a clear case for you being town, then that's not scummy at all. That's good play. It's only scummy when he's claiming you're ObvTown when there's nothing to substantiate that. The only reason to distance is if he's scum. And there you go defending him again.

Rob, how do
you
play as miller? this is my second game as miller, and by the looks of it i haven't learned from the first one.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I've never played as Miller, but I would do exactly what you did as far as a claim. Even if it's a little bit suspicious, you save the cop an investigation. That's the best you can hope to do to help the town.

Your claim is not suspicious in and of itself. The case I made against you didn't even quote your claim. Town and scum both have reasons to claim miller, so I looked to the way you played for the rest of the thread to determine whether or not you were scum. The way you played was scummy.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 57, ProHawk wrote:
Seems legit. BC=Obvtown

This.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: zabriel

don't want to split the vote between two people i think are scum. we will get bloodcovenant tomorrow.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 64, roflcopter wrote:

don't want to split the vote between two people i think are scum. we will get bloodcovenant tomorrow.

The order doesn't truthfully matter, as long as we get BC tomorrow. BC's actions implicated Zab as much as himself.

Unvote:
Vote: Zabriel
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Rob14 »

EBWOP: Not to mention Zab's flip-flop on BC.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 58, BloodCovenent wrote:

Seems legit. BC=Obvtown

Yeah, sure it looks like he's backing off since i took heat. He's attempting to distance himself from me.

Zab, can you please explain these two posts?

BC, can you please explain what you mean by "distancing"? I have only heard this term in reference to scum distancing themselves from another.

what is he distancing himself from?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 65, Rob14 wrote:
In post 64, roflcopter wrote:

The order doesn't truthfully matter, as long as we get BC tomorrow. BC's actions implicated Zab as much as himself.

Unvote:
Vote: Zabriel

Actually.... only Zabriel's actions implicate me. Nothing that i did implicates Zab.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:19 pm

uhhhh?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 67, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 58, BloodCovenent wrote:

Seems legit. BC=Obvtown

Zab, can you please explain these two posts?

BC, can you please explain what you mean by "distancing"? I have only heard this term in reference to scum distancing themselves from another.

what is he distancing himself from?

He's distancing himself from me, which on page two was flailing town. Sure, i'm playing poorly but i've been misrepp'd and didn't take enough time to think through my posts. People are misinterpreting posts of mine and using that against me.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm

wtf? "implicates"?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by roflcopter »

god i wish we had two lynches today
soi soi soi

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

I claim miller.
Zab says "yeah, BC is legit town"
Then when Zab gets confronted about his statement, he backs off because he knows he could be lynched because of my poor play.

It's not the same kind of distancing between scum partners in my opinion. It's more of me being a leper and no one wants to be connected to me, town or scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

why would Zabtown "distance" himself from someone he doesnt know is scum?

why would anything BC(you)town do "implicate" Zab?

these two terms are not sitting right with me.

waiting on an answer from Zab

also
unvote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”