Micro 50 (Vengeful Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 148, N wrote:But seriously, get off your ass and do something. What is so important about how Whiskers and I respond to your mediocre questions that you can't do anything else in the meantime?

Because if you are the Goon and Whiskers is the godfather, you would never switch your vote. I am trying to gauge that information from here.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:08 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 139, N wrote:Anyway, back on track: do you agree with Zoroaster's assertion that answering questions sarcastically is a scum-tell?

Yes, probably.
Would have had a bigger scumread on Om if he kept "not understanding."

#147, GuilleI don't know yet. Probably not Zoroaster, which leaves N and Om.

But: Let me put it this way. If you are the godfather, I don't need to know the second scum. If you are the goon, I will look for associative tells, as few as they will be. If you are town, you can shoot me.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 am

Post by guille2015 »

Ok, I think that you are Town Whiskers. Because your play is completely the opposite of Natural River's reads. I would think that if you were scum you'd share some of them. That is not definite though. But your play is town aligned and I had a town read on NR.

From my point of view (which is from the point of view of me being town, take that for what it's worth):

OM and NR/Whiskers cannot be both Scum. N and Zoro/Abadon cannot be both scum. These two groups have been bussing each other. Om with less intensity for NR but still busing. If one of the is the GF then this strategy would have been too risky for scum. With that said I can assume that there is 1 scum in each group. Zoro/abaddon cannot be the goon if NR is the GodFather. Likewise to N. So NR is not the godfather. OM completely ignores the N/Zoro group. And his reply to my question is depressing. NR goes after N. And so Does Whiskers. If they are the Goon, that would mean that Zoro is the GodFather. This pair is faulty. Mostly because I don't see it working that way. Besides, I find NR to be Town. Which makes things easier. Om is guarantee to be Scum. And I believe he is the godfather. He left the N and Zoro thing alone. Whoever got Lynched there, if Town, will either kill the other or Kill NR (efectively winning the game). Om has also taken a back seat in this game. So, regardless of who is scum between Zoro and n, Om is scum, very likely to be the GodFather.

Vote: Om the Nom

BTW, Whiskers. All of my questions were leading up to that. I couldn't really comment much of my questions because I didn't want Scum to change their initial position to make my conclusion erroneous.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 151, Whiskers wrote:If you are town, you can shoot me.

This is not pro-town and would lose the game.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Whiskers »

Only if I am town.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 152, guille2015 wrote:Zoro/abaddon cannot be the goon if NR is the GodFather. Likewise to N.

I don't see this, please explain and quote. I'd say Zoro isn't the godfather if NR is the goon, or if N is the goon--

Still, I think you're putting too much into reads here. A goon can park a vote on the godfather at L-1 for pages if there's no sign of lynching it.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Whiskers »

sorry, not "too much into reads", you're putting too much reliance on bussing.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 155, Whiskers wrote:
In post 152, guille2015 wrote:Zoro/abaddon cannot be the goon if NR is the GodFather. Likewise to N.

I don't see this, please explain and quote. I'd say Zoro isn't the godfather if NR is the goon, or if N is the goon--

Still, I think you're putting too much
into reads
reliance on bussing
here. A goon can park a vote on the godfather at L-1 for pages if there's no sign of lynching it.

Zoroster has had that vote on NR for a while. With the posibility of having town quick vote, I think that that risk is too heavy. N thought that NR was the Goon. If he were actually the Goon and then said that of the godfather. Lynching Zoroster would have been a bad Idea. Not only is he stuck with a One of the two is scum, but Zoro might likely go and Kill NR since he has his sights on it. Zoro kept the vote on NR relentlessly, through the argument with N. It's true that it could have been a ploy to protect the GF on LyLo, but I think is too risky. Granted not a certain thing.

As for relying on Busing. Well. I had two townreads, NR and Om. I kept my townread on whiskers since it has been satisfactory for me. But Om's town read contradicts the connections that I have and the Town read on Whiskers. Like I said: from my prespective there is 1 scum between Om and Whiskers and 1 scum between N and Zoro. I am not certain for the latter, but I am certain for the first group mostly based on my town read of Whiskers.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Abaddon »

/confirm replace

Will read this evening
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 157, guille2015 wrote:
In post 155, Whiskers wrote:

Still, I think you're putting too much
into reads
reliance on bussing
here. A goon can park a vote on the godfather at L-1 for pages if there's no sign of lynching it.

Zoroster has had that vote on NR for a while. With the posibility of having town quick vote, I think that that risk is too heavy. N thought that NR was the Goon. If he were actually the Goon and then said that of the godfather. Lynching Zoroster would have been a bad Idea. Not only is he stuck with a One of the two is scum, but Zoro might likely go and Kill NR since he has his sights on it. Zoro kept the vote on NR relentlessly, through the argument with N. It's true that it could have been a ploy to protect the GF on LyLo, but I think is too risky. Granted not a certain thing.
This is stupid. It would be perfectly fine for Zoro(town) to vengekill NR(GF). Plus, wouldn't we then have a nice juicy townread on N for correctly calling NR scum?

In post 157, guille2015 wrote:As for relying on Busing. Well. I had two townreads, NR and Om. I kept my townread on whiskers since it has been satisfactory for me. But Om's town read contradicts the connections that I have and the Town read on Whiskers. Like I said: from my prespective there is 1 scum between Om and Whiskers and 1 scum between N and Zoro. I am not certain for the latter, but I am certain for the first group mostly based on my town read of Whiskers.
You have literally given us two coin flips. Show us your web, because you keep referencing a bunch of abstract associations that we havn't seen.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote Count (1.4)

N :
Abbadon (1): N
Om of the Nom (1): guille2015
Whiskers :
guille2015 (2): Om of the Nom, Whiskers

Not Voting (1): Abbadon
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 152, guille2015 wrote:Ok, I think that you are Town Whiskers. Because your play is completely the opposite of Natural River's reads. I would think that if you were scum you'd share some of them. That is not definite though. But your play is town aligned and I had a town read on NR.

From my point of view (which is from the point of view of me being town, take that for what it's worth):

OM and NR/Whiskers cannot be both Scum. N and Zoro/Abadon cannot be both scum. These two groups have been bussing each other. Om with less intensity for NR but still busing. If one of the is the GF then this strategy would have been too risky for scum. With that said I can assume that there is 1 scum in each group. Zoro/abaddon cannot be the goon if NR is the GodFather. Likewise to N. So NR is not the godfather. OM completely ignores the N/Zoro group. And his reply to my question is depressing. NR goes after N. And so Does Whiskers. If they are the Goon, that would mean that Zoro is the GodFather. This pair is faulty. Mostly because I don't see it working that way. Besides, I find NR to be Town. Which makes things easier. Om is guarantee to be Scum. And I believe he is the godfather. He left the N and Zoro thing alone. Whoever got Lynched there, if Town, will either kill the other or Kill NR (efectively winning the game). Om has also taken a back seat in this game. So, regardless of who is scum between Zoro and n, Om is scum, very likely to be the GodFather.

Vote: Om the Nom

BTW, Whiskers. All of my questions were leading up to that. I couldn't really comment much of my questions because I didn't want Scum to change their initial position to make my conclusion erroneous.

I feel a lot of this can be refuted if you realise I've been severely demotivated from school and it's affecting
all
my games.
Also I didn't ignore N/Zoro at all, when they were fighting I was thinking Zoro-scum N-town and I mentioned it in-thread.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Eh, I'm sorry I just can't keep up with no motivation.
@Mod: Replace me please, I'm sorry.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 159, Whiskers wrote:You have literally given us two coin flips. Show us your web, because you keep referencing a bunch of abstract associations that we havn't seen.

Well, N and Zoro cannot be both scum. Any one could have gotten the other Lynched. If that's the case, then the other scum is between Whisker, Om, and me. I know I am town and I have a town read on Whiskers. The last one left is OmNom. That is the simplest form I can put it.

I was also saying that Whiskers and Om cannot be both scum independently from N and Zoro because they both seemed antagonistic to each other. At a much less degree than the other pair, which could be a simple game of bus the GF. If this is the case then both N and Zoro are town. Which again will mean that Om is scum.

From all the ways I see it, Om is in the middle as scum.

The only way I could be wrong is if one of N or Zoro is scum and Whiskers is the other scum. But my only town read of this game is on Whiskers. So, I have no doubt of my vote.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 am

Post by Abaddon »

Okay, to preemtively answer a few questions, I am an alternate account of an experienced scummer. I am retiring my original, and this is the new main. I will not be revealing the original any time soon, and will consider attempts to force me to do so intentionally unproductive.

Thoughts

Page 1: Om's extravagence in repeatedly and playfully claiming non-Town seems off. A joke needn't be repeated to have effect; Om makes three different fakeclaims right out of the gate. Smells like nervous scum.

Page 2: I overwhelmingly agree with my predecessor's post 29. Natural_River's casual too-early vote speaks to a thought process that has no skin in the game. When I was considering the setup, the very first thing that occurred to me is that with a 2:3 setup, Town would have to be extremely sparing with their vote until certain. The "random" vote in 28 defies that very obvious logic. 37 backs this up. N in 34, however, seems reasoned, though the conclusion is wrong. Om's agreement in 39 that N_R is scum while maintaining a no-reason vote on guille is especially damning. Shit, it can't be that easy. Easy, obvious scum probably means there's a stupid Townie rather than bad scum. 44 is interesting - it tells us that N_R is brand new, and I'm not sure whether that reinforces my read on him as new_scum, or cancels it as dumb_town.

Page 3: Om comes down hard on suspicion of him. Way too hard - the case against him is very weakly presented. Early and disproportionate retaliation is a classic scum defensive move. N's nonsense offtopic inquisition of Zoro solidifies him as dumb_town. I don't think scum would pursue it that intensely with other targets available. **Okay, with a strong Townread at this point, the game from my perspective just changed dramatically. It has changed from find-the-scum to spot-the-Town. With three remaining candidates (Om, N_R, & guille,) two of them are scum. It is more efficient therefore to find the Towniest of the three and prosecute the remainder. Guille, despite having done nothing especially Townie at this point, is in the lead.**

Page 4: Om's continued defensive mischaracterization of the case against him is more in the "scum" column. WHOA. 81-82, Om outright calling his actions nulltell/Townie is scumtastic. In fact, his extreme displeasure at being singled out makes him more likely to be the Godfather than the Goon, as a lynched Goon still has a shot to win.

Page 5: Okay, the continued pursuit by N of Zoraster over semantics makes N painfully obvTown. In fact
@ N - Please actually read this: The case against Om is not about his sarcasm or nervousness. It is about his behavior after it. Town has no reason at that point to act persecuted. Also note that Om has done absolutely no independent scumhunting. You need to stop lonewolf tunneling and join Team Town.

Page 6: Whiskers replaces in with his usual idiocy. I don't think I've ever seen him play scum with aplomb. His immediate attack on guille in 142 strikes me as a desperate attempt to change the subject from a conversation that isn't going well for the scumteam.

Page 7: @guille: Your logic in 152 is nonsense. A scum replacement that's taking over a highly-suspected slot that had been pushing bad reads is BETTER served by changing those positions, not parroting them. Vote Count in 160 is alarming. Votes from both of the most-likely scum on the third of the three remaining candidates (again, Om, Whiskers, Guille) strongly reinforces my conclusions of an Om/Whiskers team. Om's replace-out reason is sketchy from Town. He's claiming disinterest and lack of motivation. Quite on the contrary for Town, there's a lot going on, and plenty of possible avenues of discussion - none at all of which Om deigned to pursue. However, I can see boredom and impatience coming from a scum perspective, as it's a lot harder to go unnoticed in a five-player game.

I am convinced. N is painfully ObvTown, Om is painfully obvscum, N_R/Whiskers is probably scum, and Guille is probably Town by PoE.

Vote: Om of the Nom
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 6: Whiskers replaces in with his usual idiocy.

Are you Pine?
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Abaddon »

In post 165, Whiskers wrote:
In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 6: Whiskers replaces in with his usual idiocy.

Are you Pine?

I will not be responding to any questions of this nature.

You have, however, made my case. Your sole response to a cogent and lengthy post filled with discussion points is to go off-topic. Respond to my case against you.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Oh-- sorry, I hadn't noticed the header of the case-post.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Abaddon »

You shouldn't need a warning to stay on-topic.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am

Post by N »

In post 157, guille2015 wrote:As for relying on Busing. Well. I had two townreads, NR and Om. I kept my townread on whiskers since it has been satisfactory for me. But Om's town read contradicts the connections that I have and the Town read on Whiskers. Like I said: from my prespective there is 1 scum between Om and Whiskers and 1 scum between N and Zoro. I am not certain for the latter, but I am certain for the first group mostly based on my town read of Whiskers.

Hang on. You have two town-reads: Om and Whiskers, but you think there's scum in one of those two?

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Okay, to preemtively answer a few questions, I am an alternate account of an experienced scummer. I am retiring my original, and this is the new main. I will not be revealing the original any time soon, and will consider attempts to force me to do so intentionally unproductive.

Why did you bring this up if you don't want to talk about it?

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 1: Om's extravagence in repeatedly and playfully claiming non-Town seems off. A joke needn't be repeated to have effect; Om makes three different fakeclaims right out of the gate. Smells like nervous scum.

You forget he's 13 and repeating the same thing over and over is what usually passes for humour among thirteen year olds.

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 6: Whiskers replaces in with his usual idiocy. I don't think I've ever seen him play scum with aplomb. His immediate attack on guille in 142 strikes me as a desperate attempt to change the subject from a conversation that isn't going well for the scumteam.

I find this quite funny. You're saying "Whiskers replaced in and immediately attacked guille; this is scummy" at the same time as making a wall post about Om's every little mistake. Also, if I remember correctly, Whiskers didn't begin with a tunnel on guille; it was more of an "everyone sucks but me" post.

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:
Vote: Om of the Nom

Fuck dammit. Now there's two L-1 wagons and I'm the only one not on either of them. I hate being in this position.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 7: @guille: Your logic in 152 is nonsense. A scum replacement that's taking over a highly-suspected slot that had been pushing bad reads is BETTER served by changing those positions, not parroting them.

This is correct. But it is not the only thing that makes me think that way. Still I took that into consideration when I picked Om as scum over Whiskers.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:49 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 169, N wrote:Hang on. You
have
two town-reads: Om and Whiskers, but you think there's scum in one of those two?

Had. That changed later when I realized that at least one of them is scum.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Abaddon »

In post 169, N wrote:
In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Okay, to preemtively answer a few questions, I am an alternate account of an experienced scummer. I am retiring my original, and this is the new main. I will not be revealing the original any time soon, and will consider attempts to force me to do so intentionally unproductive.

Why did you bring this up if you don't want to talk about it?

Consider: Brand-new account, obvious knowledge of site meta and individual players. I have neither the patience nor inclination to suppress either of these, which means that someone's going to notice. The discussion turns to the off-topic conversation of who I really am, and our purpose here fails. I therefore acknowledged it right away, and categorically declined to entertain these discussions. Obviously, this did not work as well as I hoped.

In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 1: Om's extravagence in repeatedly and playfully claiming non-Town seems off. A joke needn't be repeated to have effect; Om makes three different fakeclaims right out of the gate. Smells like nervous scum.

You forget he's 13 and repeating the same thing over and over is what usually passes for humour among thirteen year olds.

You have a small point, but you clearly failed to read my bolded note to you. The case against Om's slot has almost nothing to do with his nervous behavior, which is incidentally NOT present at the start of other games of his I've looked at. The case against him is principally that he responded to these weak suspicions with the defensiveness of one being persecuted, and his utter failure to do anything resembling scumhunting.
In post 164, Abaddon wrote:Page 6: Whiskers replaces in with his usual idiocy. I don't think I've ever seen him play scum with aplomb. His immediate attack on guille in 142 strikes me as a desperate attempt to change the subject from a conversation that isn't going well for the scumteam.

I find this quite funny. You're saying "Whiskers replaced in and immediately attacked guille; this is scummy" at the same time as making a wall post about Om's every little mistake. Also, if I remember correctly, Whiskers didn't begin with a tunnel on guille; it was more of an "everyone sucks but me" post.

On the contrary; the conversation at that time revolved around suspicion of Om, Zoro, and himself. He couldn't credibly divert attention onto you, and attacking the easiest safe target (Zoro) would be pretty clear pandering, so he went for a change of subject. The only target available was guille. Also, Om's missteps are quite a bit bigger than Whiskers' attack or anything guille did, so the comparison is inadequate.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote Count (1.5)

N :
Abbadon (1): N
Om of the Nom (2): guille2015, Abbadon