MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Thanks for the game Messiah! It was well run. You certainly gave me every reason to be on the look out for future games you run.

So my thoughts

I think Town generally did a good job, all things considered. Shamrock shooting both Bitmap and director was I think the best Pro-Town result you could expect from shooting two Town. Neither were a PowerRole and both were generally going to draw attention away from actual scum with their play. Had Klick not pulled his 1v1 stupidity I think Nekoko probably would have taken the Rope Day 1 and things could have gone even better for Town.

Dayplay wise I think Guile did the best job of the three scum as he drew by far the least pressure in thread. Also I think he did a good job being the ‘jockey’, as it were, who took the reins in organizing the QT. That’s very important. The decision to pre-emptively claim JK Day 3 probably was Guile’s worst decision.

The Nightplay from scum was So-So. Copping Cheery turned out well but as far as I can tell was just a lucky break. I still can’t piece together why you thought killing Greygnarl was the best choice Night 1. Frankly I think that helped Town more than it helped you. And choosing to not kill me is never a good scum decision. Although I do appreciate you choosing to not do so and letting me

--

@Distrubed
– I think in the Mafia QT you overestimated how Town I felt you were. The only reason I didn’t pressure you when I replaced in was the relative ease with which you got a large wagon and your join date. Your unvote of Nekoko Day 1 obliterated that shield for me given my read on her.

Guile wrote: So I had to come up with a plan to save the game. I figured I had to get Cheery Lynched. But then I paniced and Said I blocked Disturbed. 10 minutes later I realized my 2nd fatal mistake in which I should have said that I blocked Cheery instead. That would have gotten us a better chance of winning.

That would not have mattered. With you and Cheery ending up claiming against each other the worst outcome for Town is to give scum the chance to get their hands on the Jailkeep without using the Nightkill. Had you claimed to have jailed Cheery we still would have lynched Disturbed for the same reasons we did yesterday.

I think really a better choice might have been to not Counter-claim and see what Cheery did first. It might have been the case that he didn’t claim immediately in which case you might have been able to push a mislynch on Potato’s slot. Now if he claimed you were screwed but I think once he claimed you were screwed by PoE anyway.

Om wrote: I agree with this.

Well in the future I will definitely check to see if you are in games I replace into because your whiny emo attitude is a pain in the rear to deal with.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Nekoko »

In post 825, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And choosing to not kill me is never a good scum decision.

I think the reason is that you could be protected by the jail-keeper.
Show
Last Game Played and Finished:

Newbie 1365 - 2of4 - As Town Cop
Open 487 - Hard Boiled - As Vanilla Townie
Open 485 - Polygamist Mafia - As Mafia Lover
Newbie 1315 - As Mafia Role Cop
Record (Wins-Losses-Draw-Other):

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by greygnarl »

In post 825, MagnaofIllusion wrote:The Nightplay from scum was So-So. Copping Cheery turned out well but as far as I can tell was just a lucky break. I still can’t piece together why you thought killing Greygnarl was the best choice Night 1. Frankly I think that helped Town more than it helped you. And choosing to not kill me is never a good scum decision. Although I do appreciate you choosing to not do so and letting me
It's probably because of how fucking awesome I was but whatever. Yeah, I would've killed MoI. You should always go fo rwhoeveer you want dead. The chance taht theya re being protected if there hasn't beena claimed Protective role isn't as high as you think.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

There is a known protective role in this setup though
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am

Post by guille2015 »

MoI was a prime candidate for a Jail. We wanted to avoid that. We went for a safer shot mostly random.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 am

Post by greygnarl »

But you should never assume that the town leader is being protected unless a claimed protective role said they will. Losing a kill isn't that big of a deal compared to the chance of taking out a leader.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Messiah »

Alright! Better late than never, right?

I was pretty sure, going into night two, that scum were going to win. Cheery Dog pulled out the accidentally awesome jail on Disturbed_One that turned it all around, so props for that.

Guille, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Your day play was quite good (and the best of the scum team, definitely), and that's worth a lot. Like MoI was saying, the real mistake was having Disturbed_One send in the kill; your panic afterwards was mostly inconsequential as the town was going to win at that point anyway. The night play choices stuff should come along better with more experience, and you seem to be well on your way there.

It goes without saying, but MoI dragged the town to a nice victory. I found it bizarre that MoI was being treated like mastin circa 2010 while making perfectly succinct posts and not exchanging huge quote walls with anyone or anything like that; you guys are strange.

If anyone has any specific questions for me I'll be happy to answer them, this is a bit of a rushed post because I'm too busy to do anything better just now I'm afraid. Thanks to MoI for the compliments on my modding. I've got a micro in signups right now if anyone is interested.
It's times like this..
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:39 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 831, Messiah wrote:Guille, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Your day play was quite good (and the best of the scum team, definitely), and that's worth a lot. Like MoI was saying, the real mistake was having Disturbed_One send in the kill; your panic afterwards was mostly inconsequential as the town was going to win at that point anyway. The night play choices stuff should come along better with more experience, and you seem to be well on your way there.

This makes me giddy inside! Thanks.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

finished
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony