shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 am

Post by shos »

really? it was 2b1s who got mhork lynched? here are some quotes for you to read, one by one, pages 11-12, and tell me how the hell it was 2b1s who got mhork lynched.
Spoiler: posts 259-274
In post 259, Battousai wrote:W00t, got a biter. Thought the claim would have met with nothing since scum were in a position of power. Now it's down to 50/50.

Also, I didn't investigate Mhork. I investigated Empking. Got a not a werewolf back. Why did you investigate me?

And, I'm not voting cause the more time we get to talk, the better the chances we get to finding a scum partner.

In post 260, shos wrote:Why did you investigate batt/emp, both of you?

In post 261, Battousai wrote:Might as well bust out my post I was going to make before I decided it would be better to claim.

...My biggest scumread is.... Empking! *gasp* *faint*

I would have tried to get him lynched yesterday, but by the time I figured out his alignment, there would have been no time to lynch him.

You see, most of the last rl day of D1, I was online. I was paying attention to all new posts... and I was also paying attention to who was online and who wasn't. Guess who's name kept popping up as online, yet hardly posted at all. Empking. Yet, he only posted twice. First was to say that he would hammer sal if discussion stalled, the other was to say that he found sal to be his his second biggest town read. He was sitting back and watching the game, but not participating.

To put this as to more why I find him scum, you must understand that this is my 3rd game in a row I played against Emp. Each time so far he has been scum. His basic meta is to lay low, not make waves. Now, if you read the first pages of this game, you'll see he took a risk in starting the game and continued to be pretty vocal. That was why I felt he was town. But his activity level dropped. Then last day of D1 (well, see above).

Good news is, we got a scum to fakeclaim. So once Mhork flips, we'll know if Emp is town (mhork flip werewolf) or unknown (mhork flip mafia).

In post 262, Lord Mhork wrote:Is pretty simple. I invistigated him 'cause I thought he was scummy. After city/Salamance flipped town I went back over batt like you suggested.

I find it interesting that he's not voting me though. I'm basically confirmed scum to you, right, batt?

PEdit:
That's Emp-scum case? Paying attention to who is online is an awful tactic as people still can choose to hide it. Anywho, why would not posting much indicate scum? Meta is an awfully weak argument to use, I think.

I'm gonna go look over the game again and see if I can find batt's partner.

In post 263, Empking wrote:
In post 261, Battousai wrote:You see, most of the last rl day of D1, I was online. I was paying attention to all new posts... and I was also paying attention to who was online and who wasn't. Guess who's name kept popping up as online, yet hardly posted at all. Empking.

Er. No, I was not online after I stopped posting. If anyone cares to check the "View My posts", you can see that unless I'm a Golem that needs no sleep, I was clearly not just lurking in the background hoping for a Commie lynch.

So,
FOS: Batt

In post 264, Battousai wrote:I said why I'm not voting. I want more discussion. When there is more discussion, I will gladly vote to lynch you.

Mhork- I know people can hide their online status. That doesn't mean scum do not actively lurk while not hiding it. Meta isn't weak, and I'm not actually voting him right now either. That was just a
basis for my investigation
of him and why I felt him scummy.

pre-edit:

I didn't say WHAT TIME you kept popping up online. To be clearer, I was watching the online status/bookmarks (I have everyone in game friended so I know if they are online when they aren't hiding it).
And from 3:30 (my time) to around 9 (an hr after Emp's last post) Emp was on/off a lot
. He posted in a few other games (mostly mismash, but another mafia game as well), and
neglected this one
(the one at deadline where the town was either not near a consensus or was after his second strongest town read).

To play the sleep card, I just looked through your view posts. The 4 or so days previous you were offline for what could be considered sleep at (all my time)
11pm - 11 am
, 8pm - 9am, 10am - 4 pm, 6pm - 8am. So saying you couldn't have been on 'cause you sleeping is false.
You could have easily slept anywhere in that 12 hr period
. I was online and saw you on for
around an extra hr after your last post, and several hours before your first.

Now, this is all secondary right now.
You are not the lynch today, it's either myself or Mhork
. If Mhork is scum he can confirm you as town if he flips werewolf. Can you be Mhork's scumpartner? Quite possible. There isn't much in links between you two (which is helped by the 4 or so non-fluff posts by Mhork, there aren't links to anyone really).

Oh, and while I'm here and remember. My initial list, I kinda did lie about what it meant. Initially, when I had the town read on Emp and from that CE, I created it so I could narrow down my investigation targets as the game progressed. It wasn't too much of a lie, since it also was pretty much a list of people I don't find town. But obviously, I couldn't say it was my target list.

*bolded for skimmers

In post 265, Empking wrote:
In post 264, Battousai wrote:To play the sleep card, I just looked through your view posts. The 4 or so days previous you were offline for what could be considered sleep at (all my time) 11pm - 11 am, 8pm - 9am, 10am - 4 pm, 6pm - 8am. So saying you couldn't have been on 'cause you sleeping is false. You could have easily slept anywhere in that 12 hr period. I was online and saw you on for around an extra hr after your last post, and several hours before your first.

Well yes, maybe an hour after it I was on and didn't post but that's not inactivity.

In post 266, Battousai wrote:But that, and the fact your activity dropped made me question my read on you is why I investigated you. And now, if Mhork flips werewolf over mafia, you'll be either confirmed town or unknown (and I'll be dead tonight regardless, so everything I post today is trying to get my reads and thoughts through for the rest of the town tomorrow).

In post 267, shos wrote:Thats not a good enouh case for me on emp so far. Anyway- ill say more when im on comp.

Any of you two crumbed?

In post 268, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 264, Battousai wrote:I said why I'm not voting. I want more discussion. When there is more discussion, I will gladly vote to lynch you.

Mhork- I know people can hide their online status. That doesn't mean scum do not actively lurk while not hiding it. Meta isn't weak, and I'm not actually voting him right now either. That was just a
basis for my investigation
of him and why I felt him scummy.

pre-edit:

I didn't say WHAT TIME you kept popping up online. To be clearer, I was watching the online status/bookmarks (I have everyone in game friended so I know if they are online when they aren't hiding it).
And from 3:30 (my time) to around 9 (an hr after Emp's last post) Emp was on/off a lot
. He posted in a few other games (mostly mismash, but another mafia game as well), and
neglected this one
(the one at deadline where the town was either not near a consensus or was after his second strongest town read).

To play the sleep card, I just looked through your view posts. The 4 or so days previous you were offline for what could be considered sleep at (all my time)
11pm - 11 am
, 8pm - 9am, 10am - 4 pm, 6pm - 8am. So saying you couldn't have been on 'cause you sleeping is false.
You could have easily slept anywhere in that 12 hr period
. I was online and saw you on for
around an extra hr after your last post, and several hours before your first.

Now, this is all secondary right now.
You are not the lynch today, it's either myself or Mhork
. If Mhork is scum he can confirm you as town if he flips werewolf. Can you be Mhork's scumpartner? Quite possible. There isn't much in links between you two (which is helped by the 4 or so non-fluff posts by Mhork, there aren't links to anyone really).

Oh, and while I'm here and remember. My initial list, I kinda did lie about what it meant. Initially, when I had the town read on Emp and from that CE, I created it so I could narrow down my investigation targets as the game progressed. It wasn't too much of a lie, since it also was pretty much a list of people I don't find town. But obviously, I couldn't say it was my target list.

*bolded for skimmers

Got it. So your list was an out so you could say you crumbed either investigative role. Good work.

In post 267, shos wrote:Thats not a good enouh case for me on emp so far. Anyway- ill say more when im on comp.

Any of you two crumbed?

No, pal; sorry. I'm not used to being a power role and am not used to crumbing when I am.

In post 269, shos wrote:I have.no idea what you're talking about in the first part of your post so explain

In post 270, Lord Mhork wrote:That mystery list that was a big hooplah Day 1 was a really easy way for him to come forth with a fakeclaim and minor crumbing on the second day. It gives him a way to say "Oh hey, guys. Look! I was making lists for investigating and everything. Aren't I so obviously a power role?" It's really weak.

Also, just look at his whole "I'm not voting because pro-town discussion! Herp Derp!" It's just so forced. I should be confirmed scum to him, but he won't lay his vote down. I'm in no danger of lynch, so why shouldn't he place that vote down? 'Cause he wants the townie points.

In post 271, shos wrote:wow, you're stretching sooooo far that I'm having trouble in seeing any possible way at all that you are town. you do realize he hasn't said anything at all about crumbing yet, had said nothing at all regarding that list in any way, and well, even making a list doesn't make sense as a PR more than as a VT?

consider me voting Lord Mhork, but yeah, let's keep the discussion and vote later.

In post 272, Battousai wrote:Ya, that list was unintentional, and can be read from 3 point of town-role views (vt, seer, cop). Obviously not a crumb, and I don't claim it to be one.

I did not crumb.

Shos-
Do you at least agree that
I
found it scummy enough for me to investigate Emp? If yes, then at least consider Emp-scum in lylo tomorrow.

Still waiting on Radelle to even comment. I'm in no hurry to vote, Mhork. Also, gratz on passing CE's total post count! Oh wait, nvm, you still have a bit less. Sorry. At least you matched your number of non-fluff posts from D1 already. :P :wink:

In post 273, shos wrote:Batt I'm totally with you by now if you didn't get it. Mhrok is getting lynched today.

I was a busy bee today so I'm not as focused as I wish I were on this game, so I'll probably give some more input tomorrow.
Spoiler: posts 276-289
In post 276, shos wrote:
@Mod: Radelle was also replaced in another game I'm playing with her, so I guess she's indeed gone

In post 277, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 272, Battousai wrote:Ya, that list was unintentional, and can be read from 3 point of town-role views (vt, seer, cop). Obviously not a crumb, and I don't claim it to be one.

I did not crumb.

Shos-
Do you at least agree that
I
found it scummy enough for me to investigate Emp? If yes, then at least consider Emp-scum in lylo tomorrow.

Still waiting on Radelle to even comment. I'm in no hurry to vote, Mhork. Also, gratz on passing CE's total post count! Oh wait, nvm, you still have a bit less. Sorry. At least you matched your number of non-fluff posts from D1 already. :P :wink:

Oh ha ha ha ha. You're so hilarious. My sides are literally splitting and the sheer wit that post took to compile. I was IRL busy for the first day, but I'm glad you're more than willing to point out my small post count. That really helps the town. :roll:

In post 273, shos wrote:Batt I'm totally with you by now if you didn't get it. Mhrok is getting lynched today.

I was a busy bee today so I'm not as focused as I wish I were on this game, so I'll probably give some more input tomorrow.

And I'm glad you two get to decide the lynch today. It would be awesome if I could just roll over and let you two morons lynch me, but I can't really be the one responsible for letting the town lose. I'll come back tomorrow as well, hopefully being able to think straight.

In post 278, shos wrote:ok let's just put the facts up for everyone to remember.

Batt claims Seer with not-werewolf on Empking.
Mhork Counterclaims Seer with a werewolf result on Batt.

so it's a 1v1 between you guys, right? right.
easy pic.

In post 279, Empking wrote:
In post 278, shos wrote:so it's a 1v1 between you guys, right? right.

Right.

In post 285, 2birds1stone wrote:Fuck rereading.

Read last page.

Says everything.

Empking is bordering on obvtown as of page three, and Mhork could easily be Electric's partner as of page two. Batt inno on Empking is way more plausible than Mhork guilty on Batt. Also, fakeclaiming inno in LyLo.

Vote: Lord Mhork

In post 286, 2birds1stone wrote:...

unvote

Eh, read page eleven. It's not as clean-cut a situation as I'd hoped.

Will still probably be voting Mhork, but it looks like I'll be reading after all.

In post 287, 2birds1stone wrote:Apologies for quad-posting.

In post 264, Battousai wrote:Oh, and while I'm here and remember. My initial list, I kinda did lie about what it meant. Initially, when I had the town read on Emp and from that CE, I created it so I could narrow down my investigation targets as the game progressed. It wasn't too much of a lie, since it also was pretty much a list of people I don't find town. But obviously, I couldn't say it was my target list.
I do this. I mean, my philosophy behind investigation targets is different, but I do make lists of viable targets.

As far as I'm concerned is a reasonable towntell. It's just a freaking weird thing to make up, and not only that, it's weird to make something up and then go back and reference it six pages later without inconsistency. Sure, it's not a foolproof tell, but look what he's up against.

Mhork has been null-scum all day. His first content post was, as someone pointed out, a "Why'd you
move the game along
take somene to L-1?" Since then, he's posted the bare minimum, genereally contentless sarcasm.

Vote: Mhork

In post 288, Lord Mhork wrote:This town is ridiculous. We have a two claims and only shos is actually bothering to read through it. Then you have Empking sitting there pretending to read along while lurking in the shadows and birdie here throwing a LyLo vote without even reading the whole game! >.<

Batt's partner is clearly between Emp and birdie, though I'm inclined to say birdie just because no town could act that stupid!

In post 289, shos wrote:well this game is not being talked too much now, so I'm going to
Vote: Lord Mhork
and wait for others to lynch.

2b1s, this game really isn't that long or elaborate, you should reread and comment.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:36 am

Post by Empking »

In post 324, shos wrote:r if I were scum, killing batt would be the stupidest decision I could make. would be better to nokill or kill 2birds. Batt has never had anything against me, and has never had anything supporting you. me-scum would have absolutely no reason to have him killed even if he was conftown. we almost formed a voting bloc together, me and him, remember? your accusations are terribly far fetched.

I'm not sure if a single thing here is close to the truth.

P-edit: Because he voted mhork, compared to you posturing and hoping that I'd vote Batt so you and Mhork could quick hammer.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 am

Post by shos »

empking, you do realize that I can still quickhammer if I was already voting mhork.? and what you say also applies to Batt, who is conftown, so you kinda fail ;)

rockets and alarms (at least to my town) have stopped for the while, in other news :)

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Empking »

In post 327, shos wrote:empking, you do realize that I can still quickhammer if I was already voting mhork.?

not if I changed my mind about which of the two I found scummiest. If you had voted Mhok and I followed you then you may as well given up on that day, since going "unvote, wait a minute" would have been obvious.
and what you say also applies to Batt, who is conftown, so you kinda fail

no because Batt (in spirit) was already voting mhork (in spirit). He had committed to a Mhorke lynch.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:36 am

Post by shos »

oh in spirit, and I haven't? reread 271, 273, 278.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Empking »

In post 329, shos wrote:oh in spirit, and I haven't? reread 271, 273, 278.

You had not committed to a mhorke lynch in an anyway comparable way as Batt had. Not even comparable.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am

Post by shos »

well obviously, since Batt was CCed. but I'm not following your point. you're saying that I am scum because I haven't *really* voted and only committed to vote "but not enough", ignoring the fact that Batt himself asked us not to vote so that we can discuss?

Look, I'll tell you what. this is lylo, and it's 1v1 me vs you. I should not be teaching you; you're not supposed to come and tell 2b1s why YOU are voting me. you should be convincing HIM to vote me. so far all you've shown is that 2b1s is townier than me; you haven't shown, not even to a slightly remote extent, why 2b1s should think that I am scum.

in other words - if you don't have any reason to show how I am more likely scum than you, you're wasting your breath and my time.
~~~
2b1s, are you going to post something or just watch us ramble? :/

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Empking »

In post 331, shos wrote:well obviously, since Batt was CCed. but I'm not following your point. you're saying that I am scum because I haven't *really* voted and only committed to vote "but not enough", ignoring the fact that Batt himself asked us not to vote so that we can discuss?

Look, I'll tell you what. this is lylo, and it's 1v1 me vs you. I should not be teaching you; you're not supposed to come and tell 2b1s why YOU are voting me. you should be convincing HIM to vote me. so far all you've shown is that 2b1s is townier than me; you haven't shown, not even to a slightly remote extent, why 2b1s should think that I am scum.

in other words - if you don't have any reason to show how I am more likely scum than you, you're wasting your breath and my time.

LyoL cases are worthless for scumhunting. They're just rhetoric tools to get in the way of actual investigation; that's why you made one.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:27 am

Post by shos »

no, lylo cases are the most important, because if you know who the scum is, it's all good, but it's not enough - to win you need to convince your mate(s) that the other is scum.

you are not at all trying to get me lynched. you're just trying to call me scum. that is not town behaviour.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 am

Post by Empking »

In post 333, shos wrote:no, lylo cases are the most important, because if you know who the scum is, it's all good, but it's not enough - to win you need to convince your mate(s) that the other is scum.

you are not at all trying to get me lynched. you're just trying to call me scum. that is not town behaviour.

That is exactly town behaviour: Both players, irrespective of alignment, are trying to get the other lynch. Trying to get the other lynch is just the battle of rhetorics.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 am

Post by shos »

...but you're not doing that at all.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Empking »

In post 335, shos wrote:...but you're not doing that at all.

Yes, because I know 2birds can just read the thread to get a scumread on you.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 am

Post by shos »

well I'm fine with that.

2b needs to be here for that tho..

2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

I started skimming shos' walls

then I went "Why am I reading this stuff? There's a gamethread to read."

Save your breath, shos. Same goes to Empking (though he's been pretty good about it). Reading now. Hammer should come within about an hour, maybe less, maybe more.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by shos »

ffs, make the right choice.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by shos »

oh man I was expecting a hammer before I go to sleeep :(
nighty ><

2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Fuck.

I see nothing scummy in either of you.

The only thing I've got, and literally the only thing I've got, to the point where I'm hammering over it, is some obvious distancing on Mhork's part near the end of the day, along with some odd interactions between him and Empking.

I'm really sorry guys, even if I hammer correctly, this is a shitty hammer, but after the obvscum that was Mhork, there simply isn't anything else I can glean from reading.

Vote: Empking

Sorry for the late hammer shos, I got a phone call during my reread.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Vote Count 3.2 (Final)

:!:
Empking (2) - shos, 2birds1stone

shos (1) - Empking

Deadline is at 9 PM EST on Nov. 28 (that's
(expired on 2012-11-28 21:00:00)
from when you loaded this page).

With 3 alive, it will take 2 votes to lynch.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Empking, a
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 3.

shos, a
Vanilla Townie
, survived!

2birds1stone, a
Vanilla Townie
, survived!

The
TOWN
is victorious!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Thanks for playing!

Empking - mafia
Lord Mhork - mafia
CommieX - cop
Battousai - seer
shos - VT
CityElectric - VT
Radelle - VT

Dead QT, in all its 9-post glory
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

YES!
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by Shamrock »

I suspect that the mafia could have won by not counterclaiming and trying to get a VT lynched. But sometimes you gotta go balls to the wall!

I will say that I was impressed by Empking confidently picking CommieX as a PR in the scum QT, which I will let them post if they like since that seems to be the way it's done.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Counterclaiming isn't necessarily bad in 5-way, but Batts' claim was really strong, and Mhork simply wasn't townie enough prior to his claim for it to be workable. Also, I was available for mislynch based solely on my predecessor's play; the counterclaim essentially moved me from probscum to conftown.

Will be interested to see scum QT.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Damnit. Sorry, Empking, but I did not give this game my all from the get go. I'm really sorry. :/

Also congratulations, town. You did really well even if I was super mega obvscum... >.<
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:33 am

Post by shos »

I agree that the counterclaim was a weak one.

gg everyone, can we have links to scum QT?

Return to “Completed Open Games”