PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Missed RVS, but that's all for the well for this game.

Read the first game if you have not.

More later today.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:11 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.5

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Tammy (4): Salamence20, Mehdi2277, Gentlemen Bastards, Elmo TeH AzN
Seanald (3): BBmolla, SlumberPartyBois, MagnaofIllusion
Gentlemen Bastards (2): Tammy, Tazaro
BBmolla (1): greygnarl
SlumberPartyBois (1): GreyICE

Not Voting (9): Guille2015, Voidedmafia, D3f3nd3r, Pitty, StefanB, Eidolon, PeregrineV, Phillammon, Seanald

Deadline is November 12th, at 11:00pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2012-11-12 22:00:00)
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:23 am

Post by StefanB »

Coming from my quicktopic and have 7 pages to read. Arrgh!!!
Okay, have skimmed.
I don't have won anythink that needs claiming. (not the investigation imunity) Anythink that I am not aware of, that hasn't been claimed but were you need my claim?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:28 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 177, StefanB wrote:
Coming from my quicktopic
and have 7 pages to read. Arrgh!!!

Really?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:33 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Ok. Gonna look into the large wagons.

Also, I think that seven pages in a large normal is too little for set town-scum reads. I also find interesting the lack of a large RVS.

Seanald first:
73: Lots of meta work. Tammy's self meta, and stuff based on Mehdi, Matt, and Sala.
92: He unvotes Tammy for something that would probably earn my vote on Tammy.
93-94, 97: Meh. Nothing at all scum.

Now Tammy:
Lots of talk, not much content. I wanna see more from you that helps.

@SlumberPartyBois: I'm convinced I've heard the first part of 45 out of your mouth before.

@Stephan: Scumslip much?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Oh yeah. I can't really place Sean anywhere significant. He's slightly town now for me.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 am

Post by greygnarl »

Stop calling Geyice grey mehdi!!!

On page 6. Will finish reading in a few hours. School and all.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Salamence20 »

That isnt a scumslip guys. You can request QTs.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Looking over auction:
In post 3, Magua wrote:
The Marketplace

Most Advertised Ability:
None

#NameCurrent Bid
1Cop x 2$91
2Doctor x 2$2
3Extra Vote x 1$32
4Governor x 1$16
5Investigation Immunity x 4$46
6Last Will x 3$1
7Neighborizer x 2$58
8Night-kill x 1$31
9Oracle x 2$1
10Roleblocker x 3$70

Any of the abilities that help scum should be claimed by town. NK, RB, Invest Immune should all be claimed if won. Failure to claim probably means won by scum.
Confirmable abilities that could hurt town (Extra Vote, Governor) should also be claimed.

The rest is not indicative of alignment, so claiming them would just be towards calculating your cash totals.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:10 am

Post by StefanB »

Sala: You didn't have to give that away quite so early.
So Defender, does Magua like me more than you or why did you forget that?

Moi: Curious reaction. Comment?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Cash calculations

In the first game, we could try to catch players lying by doing the math on the items they say they bid on and the money they should/could have left. However, I think Magua would have corrected for anything like this, so don't feel it would be as useful this game. If anyone can think of a way where doing so might be feasible and useful, I'd like to hear it.
Either way, those at L-1 for the lynch should show there "final accounting" if town. This will allow us to prevent scum claims of abilities and cash in the lategame.

Auctions

I was hoping for a total abilities list, but so far the only ones shown are the ones that have been up for auction. I don't know if that means these are ALL of the abilities in the game, or we will only see new ones as they appear.
Either way, a total of $348 was spent for all abilities. Out of a total of $2,000, that's not very much. I hope town invested the crap out of thier cash, in order to outbid scum later.

Setup Spec

20 player game would put scum at 5 under normal games.
Being as scum lack a NK here, I could see more than that. I do make the asumption that the 2 are equal, although I do realize that that is not necessarily true. And the last game had a SK that could nab abilities for free. I make no assumption that there is not another in here.
Subject: Mini 1198 - Marketplace Mafia - Game Over

Spoiler: Communist Saboteur Role PM
Kick it over, bourgeoisie pig! Smash the system! The proletariat is the source of all wealth, so all wealth to the proletariat! Destroy the capitalist fetters!

You are a
Communist Saboteur (Serial Killer)

Nest Egg:
You start the game with $50.
Wage:
At the end of every Day, you will receive $0 (no money).
Efficiency Bonus:
At the end of every Day, you will receive $5 for every full 24 hours that remained until deadline (since deadline is 14 real life days, this bonus will be between $65 and $0).
Quicktopic:
Although you do not have any partners, a Quicktopic is provided here as a convenience to communicate with the mod instead of using PMs. Use of this Quicktopic is entirely optional.
Strength of the Proletariat:
You are immune to the first kill attempt on you. You will be alerted when this occurs. This will happen automatically, and does not need to be activated. If something else would stop the kill anyway, this is not used up (it is the last line of defense, not the first).
The Fruits of Their Labor:
If the Day has an auction from Advertising (see Section V), you will receive one usage of that ability automatically. You may still win that auction as normal.
The Wages of Sin:
Once per Day, you may PM the mod the name of an auction that has not yet ended, and that you are not the current highest bidder on. You gain an amount of money equal to its current highest bid. You may not bid on this auction for its remainder. This will be announced in-thread (anonymously).
Outside the System:
You may not use the Invest action (see Section IV), and you may not spend money on Advertising (see Section V).
Under The Table Dealings:
At any time, you may give the mod a message; it will be transmitted (anonymously) to all other players who do not have the Town win condition. You know that all win conditions in this game are mutually exclusive (there is no way you can draw or win with anyone else who receives this message).
There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch:
You do not possess an innate Night-kill. In order to kill that Night, you must win the Night-kill auction during the Day.
Fakeclaim:
The Entrepreneur Role PM is posted in the thread. If you give me specific game information, I will write the relevant PM for you incorporating those elements.

You win as a
Serial Killer
: You win when you are the only player alive (or nothing can prevent the same), or when all players are dead.

End State

NameMoneyAbilitiesNotes
Voidedmafia
$725Commuter x 1, Hitman x 2, Last Will x 2Replaces
RedCoyote
GreyICE
$740Accountant x 1, Doctor x 3, Extra Vote x 2, Investigation Immunity x 4, Night-kill x 1, Roleblocker x 4, Tracker x 1, Vote Nullifier x 1, Wage Freeze x 1Replaces
Midnight's Sorrow
HellloooNewman
$85Last Will x 1, Medium x 1
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Peregrine
- Please link me to two completed scum games (preferably in Themes).

--

Defender at 180 wrote: Oh yeah. I can't really place Sean anywhere significant. He's slightly town now for me.

Please explain exactly what you mean by “I can’t really place Sean anywhere significant”.

--

Sala wrote: That isnt a scumslip guys. You can request QTs.

Why are you answering for StefanB?

--

StefanB wrote: Moi: Curious reaction. Comment?

What is curious about it? You explicitly said you were ‘coming from your QT’. It’s something that either looks like a bad attempt to fish for reactions “hurr durr guys I’m totally coming from my scum QT and posting it in thread” or a soft admission that you won the Neighborizor ability. Neither of which is a great thing to be dropping in thread.

So what was your purpose in posting that particular phrase? And why is my reaction curious while someone directly calling it a scum-slip (sans voting) is not?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:44 am

Post by greygnarl »

Oracle claim helps town I think. Molla is ridiculous. We can get our cash quickly by lynching this asshole. He's trolling like in his meta but he's really just trying to drag the day out.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 186, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Peregrine - Please link me to two completed scum games (preferably in Themes).

:down: :down: :down: :down:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@MoI- but quick glance is Polite Mafia, Dram's bastard & Mass Effect.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 am

Post by StefanB »

MoI okay that answered the question.
Your posting was curious, because it left your options open. I didn't know if you were just letting this go on and helping me or went in the this is scummy line.
That was reactionfishing, yes.
Defenders reaction was plain scummy.

You on the other hand are a very analitical player. You don't miss thinks like that a lot of players could have QT in this game. You would take that option I think. No way MoI doesn't use or doesn't try to use any information he has to his fullest benefit.

And that was never meaned as anythink other than a trap for mafia. I thought town would knew what Sal posted imidiatly. (Neighborizer as townpower is somethink that I don't even like that much)

So yeah both you and Defender deserve probing and I think I did this.

But 186 is from you MoI nearly a scumclaim.

Vote: MoI
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 am

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

Ok, I would like to start by stating that if this game is anywhere near proportional to the last game, there are probably 8 mafia.

In post 135, GreyICE wrote:
In post 132, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Wait really quickly BBmolla does your kill end day phase?

Wait you're taking this bullshit claim seriously?

-_-

unvote molla

vote: spb

Why would I not take it seriously? It's a role that can and will be proven within the next few game pages. Other than a double-voter role, it is the second most quickly confirmable role.

In post 144, Mehdi2277 wrote:Matt/kanye when you get back on I'm interested in your read of grey (same thing to reg/sat).

Why specifically would you like to know my read on greygnarl?

In post 146, Mehdi2277 wrote:Currently it's really split on two wagons, so on sean my town read of him to be clearer is based on this:

In post 73, Seanald wrote:second time you've convinced me your town within 2 pages

Fairly short statement, but for now it outweighs some of the other things when taken into some context with the reference being to micro 47 (only 4 pages to skim through to understand the reference). Coming from his first post with that game being pretty recent the remark comes off as very genuine.

I will tell you that I do not find that indicative of either alignment, and certainly not a strong enough case to give him any sort of townread when taking into account his voting and behavior towards Tammy and lack of vote on BBmolla.

In post 150, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 110, SlumberPartyBois wrote:Do NOT shoot Tammy PLEASE

Please shoot Seanald. Or VM as a compromise.

Wut. I like the case on Seanald and all, but where did that come from?

Call it a HUNCH. However, I have several bigger scumreads than you now, so we can worry about this later.

My "Hopefully They Die Soon" List:
Seanald
GreyICE
MoI
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 161, Salamence20 wrote:
BBMolla, you can have 20 bucks from me if you vig Seanald and it doesn't end day.

(Not really buying the miller vig thing)

You act like you believe the vig stuff, and then say you don't believe it. Cute.

In post 156, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:So this game started while I was at work

VOTE: Tammi

Trying to RVS at this point?

You're better than this, Elmo.

In post 162, D3f3nd3r wrote:I think some of these items went for WAY too much.

Really? Which ones?

In post 163, guille2015 wrote:
I am tired and have to get some RL work done. Need Coffee. I was not able to concentrate reading the later half of the game. For what it's worth, the votes on Tammi makes sense. I got lost on seanald. I don't see the reason to vote for him. I'll take a good look at them when I am not pressured to get back to work.

...Not that hard to follow, really.

In post 165, Tazaro wrote:
In post 162, D3f3nd3r wrote:I don't have the time to make a huge post about the past 7 pages, but I will say that
I did not win anything.

I think some of these items went for WAY too much.

You're essentially claiming to be a vanilla townie
Don't do that

Wait, why shouldn't he? If you have any experience with the first game it's more likely that everyone would be vanilla than not. IMO the only abilities that wouldn't be listed in the auctions would be passive abilities (like Miller), and since BB already claimed that (disregarding whether or not its true), there's actually no harm in claiming vanilla in this setup.

Claiming what you've bought, on the other hand...

In post 170, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Voided
entrance post has all sorts of things wrong with it … agreeing with a Bad Point made by Gentlemen, lots of “gee whiz mechanics” statements which have no alignment relevance and coattailing on Gentlemen.

What bad point?

And move on, will ya? I have more posts than that at Page 7.

Gentlemen wrote: Voided's claimage and action of bidding $15 on the night-kill alongside with his reasoning behind it is incredibly town-motivated and genuine.

I stopped reading your Town reasoning on Voided at this. Frankly that’s so easy for scum to fake “Oh, I spent $15 on Nightkill” that the fact that you lead your Townread with that makes me suspect highly it is fabricated.

But his townread isn't based on just that I did that?

In post 185, PeregrineV wrote:
Cash calculations

In the first game, we could try to catch players lying by doing the math on the items they say they bid on and the money they should/could have left. However, I think Magua would have corrected for anything like this, so don't feel it would be as useful this game. If anyone can think of a way where doing so might be feasible and useful, I'd like to hear it.
Either way, those at L-1 for the lynch should show there "final accounting" if town. This will allow us to prevent scum claims of abilities and cash in the lategame.

It doesn't really feel like it'd be a bad thing to try that here. I won't overly advocate it, but it's still possible that mag didn't make changes to prevent it.

In post 184, StefanB wrote:Sala: You didn't have to give that away quite so early.

Why the hell did you post that, anyways?

In post 191, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
Call it a HUNCH. However, I have several bigger scumreads than you now, so we can worry about this later.

That does not fill me with comfort. If I'm vigbait I'd like to know why as soon as because the last thing I need is that kind of threat hanging over my head.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:44 am

Post by BBmolla »

Shot doesn't end day.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 am

Post by StefanB »

In post 177, StefanB wrote:Coming from my quicktopic and have 7 pages to read. Arrgh!!!
Okay, have skimmed.
I don't have won anythink that needs claiming. (not the investigation imunity) Anythink that I am not aware of, that hasn't been claimed but were you need my claim?

In post 178, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 177, StefanB wrote:
Coming from my quicktopic
and have 7 pages to read. Arrgh!!!

Really?

In post 179, D3f3nd3r wrote:Ok. Gonna look into the large wagons.

Also, I think that seven pages in a large normal is too little for set town-scum reads. I also find interesting the lack of a large RVS.

Seanald first:
73: Lots of meta work. Tammy's self meta, and stuff based on Mehdi, Matt, and Sala.
92: He unvotes Tammy for something that would probably earn my vote on Tammy.
93-94, 97: Meh. Nothing at all scum.

Now Tammy:
Lots of talk, not much content. I wanna see more from you that helps.

@SlumberPartyBois: I'm convinced I've heard the first part of 45 out of your mouth before.

@Stephan: Scumslip much?

In post 182, Salamence20 wrote:That isnt a scumslip guys. You can request QTs.

In post 184, StefanB wrote:Sala: You didn't have to give that away quite so early.

Voided, what is unclear from there? 186 and 190 as continue.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Salamence20 »

So MoI bugs me.

MattP and Kanye are cool peeps. They seem town.

After reminiscing about KH mafia (Man, I sucked) Tammy seems more town now.

UNVOTE: Tammy
VOTE: BBMolla

That reaction test was pretty weak anyways.

You know, I like money. I like quicklynching. This is perfect.

List of people that need to die and will get my vote:

BBMolla
GreyIce
Seanald
MoI

P-Edit: Kill Seanald por favor.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Salamence20 »

UNVOTE: BBMolla
VOTE: GreyIce

Moves to Seanald if BBM is lying.
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 am

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

I would actually prefer you kill MoI or GreyICE, BBmolla. We can easily direct a Seanald lynch, MoI and GreyICE will be less fun to do that with
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am

Post by StefanB »

Slumber, Sala: MoI has to die he is scum!!!!

Seanald I can see where it comes from.

But what is the GreyIcecase what am I missing?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:00 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 197, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
I would actually prefer you kill MoI or GreyICE, BBmolla. We can easily direct a Seanald lynch, MoI and GreyICE will be less fun to do that with

Supporting this here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”