Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:51 am

Post by JacobSavage »

It does. It was sad
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Tommy »

Good game everyone. Don't think I played my best here, but I guess a N1 scum-kill is a kind of accolade for a VT. I went too easily from annoyance at Abaddon's playstyle to a naive join-the-dots case on him, as was pointed out at the time. I was surprised when absta101 flipped town.

I found Thor especially impressive. TheTrollie didn't play a perfect game, but I can definitely learn from him too.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:42 am

Post by Idiotking »

You really shouldn't.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:40 am

Post by nhammen »

In post 1738, kwll wrote:and mod...when is your next game you will mod or be in...

Well, I am currently playing in a Large Theme run by Strangercoug. As for the next game I will run myself, well I am thinking of running a Mini Theme called Fun with Modular Roles, but I'm not sure how to balance all the ideas I have, so I'm still editing down at this point. Not even ready for review yet. I am also thinking of running a Large Normal at some point, so i can get practice with large games.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:54 am

Post by nhammen »

A note on this game: scum went until just before the end of D2 without ever having more than 2 votes. I truly believe that if they had decided to kill Sherlock N2 like toxic was pushing for, scum would have won.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Klick »

I was a serious kill option both N1 and N2?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am

Post by JacobSavage »

At one point me and King (idiot sounds mean) thought you were scum....
To be honest town won through luck and Kings hammers :)
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:06 am

Post by TheTrollie »

you can find my explanation for my falseclaims in the dead QT

I still dont get why scum didnt NK sherlock last night
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 am

Post by TheTrollie »

oh, and thor, sorry...i thought u were clearly gonna be lynched the next day, and i couldnt decide on a kill target so to move things along i shot u
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Yeah, to be perfectly honest we shouldn't have won this one. Like Toxic said in the scum QT, we only won because we stopped scumhunting and focused purely on process of elimination via "confirmed" townies.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

I couldn't agree more, I was expecting Idiot to turn around at one point and be like lol I was scum all along and we just won. We had a lucky break basically.
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1758, TheTrollie wrote:oh, and thor, sorry...i thought u were clearly gonna be lynched the next day, and i couldnt decide on a kill target so to move things along i shot u

Eh - I had worked to set it up so I could suck up scum's shot in any case, being shot twice when I expected to be shot once is no real nevermind to me. I did the best a suspected Bodyguard could hope for and called out most of the scum team with only a bit of tomfoolery on my part.

In post 1759, Idiotking wrote:Yeah, to be perfectly honest we shouldn't have won this one. Like Toxic said in the scum QT, we only won because we stopped scumhunting and focused purely on process of elimination via "confirmed" townies.

Isn't that called 'scumhunting' though?
I PoE as a matter of course.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I think of scumhunting as being more focused on analysis of play. We basically stopped that by D3. While what we did from then on may be considered scumhunting, since we didn't really gain new information and instead worked purely on what we had already accumulated, I'd say that was something else. I don't know what exactly, but to me it's distinctly different from normal scumhunting.

But maybe I'm overthinking it. That's something else I noticed from this game, is that I overthink the shit out of stuff all the time. On the plus side, it seemed to make me look awfully town.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

So, how do you think I did on my analysis of the Night 3 kill? I feel kinda bad because I basically gave up, but I don't think I was really wrong about what I said. I probably should have left the decision up to kwll.

I agree with both Thor665 and Idiotking. When I made that comment about the town not scum hunting, I was talking about analyzing play. I wasn't trying to say to say it's not a valid tactic or that there's anything wrong with it. I was just explaining to kwll that it wasn't our individual scumminess that got us, but that we made a big error in allowing the town the opportunity to clear so many living players. It wouldn't have been as bad if the scum:town ratio was a little less, that would have allowed more room for error.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Post by Idiotking »

In post 1763, toxictaipan wrote:So, how do you think I did on my analysis of the Night 3 kill? I feel kinda bad because I basically gave up, but I don't think I was really wrong about what I said. I probably should have left the decision up to kwll.

Honestly I think killing Trollie was still your best bet. With 3 townies 1 vig vs 1 scum you would have been completely boned on D4, because we were obviously not going to kill Trollie, Konowa would have been basically confirmed, and I was almost certainly not going to be shot or lynched, meaning at worst kwll and Jacob would have died (lynch one, shoot the other). There was the possibility that Sherlock would investigate someone other than kwll (which happened), and the WIFOM over his role might have been useful (as evidenced in my flailing just before I hammered kwll). And as you said, there was the possibility that Trollie's anti-Sherlock rampage might have been real or whatever, and if he shot Sherlock you'd be in a wonderful position. Ultimately you did the right thing.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I would have continued to scum hunt you maybe, I think to think I was analysing post while dead anyway, though the fact mod spoiled the dead thread slightly meant I knew what I was looking for.

I think town just actually came to their senses after day 2, none of the scum were really actually posting that much and town was attacking themselves, town flips on all the major suspects can really make people analyse the previous part of the games more. I don't know if people did that (well Sherlock went and did after the slandaar and toxic flips, but it can happen before the actual scum flips.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Tierce »

:shifty:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”