Yet Another Dance of the Title Fairy: Change Up

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2151 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:22 am

Post by TS »

In post 2150, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2141, Shiidaji wrote:
Stayin' Alive
/
I will Survive
for Snakes, he's got a Mishmash record for three amazing Survivor wins here, here, and here. Really respected member of our community, and it's what he's best known for :) Additionally, he holds the highest rating in our site-wide competitive ELO, which can be found here.

(Was thinking just plain 'Survivor' but that strays into the 3rd Party Role/it's boring)
2nd/3rd
both of these.
N'th

Certainly deserved
(albeit slightly cheesy to me)

Surely "sole survivor" would avoid the conflation with the 3rd party role? hmmy hmm?
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2199 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by TS »

In my opinion:

With a title you either go for the gravitas effect or something rather amusing that makes you chuckle. This is neither a particularly witty one nor resonant enough for something like "soul survivor." Instead it's in this awkward halfway house between both islands were it does come across as half-baked and fails to either sufficiently credit a triple winner or provide an excellent in-joke ("Life and soul of the third party" or "It's pronounced Xalxe" are perfect examples of this).

I do agree Snakes deserves a title, but those are my thoughts on the current suggestion(s)
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2377 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:06 am

Post by TS »

10/10

Return to “Player Titles”