njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:49 am

Post by njoseph »

P.A., would you accrue any benefit from declaring J.F. is a P.R. if he hypothetically wasn't?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 877, njoseph wrote:P.A., would you accrue any benefit from declaring J.F. is a P.R. if he hypothetically wasn't?

I was wondering what info you could claim in response to this question, which was why I said vanilla was the only info
I
could claim
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Motivation for saying JohnnyFarrar is a PR when he's not: make scum hesistant to fakeclaim if they think I know of a PR where I don't? Although really, with three people left, I'd be looking pretty skeptically at any PR claims not made in the first post of this day phase, or at a stretch, in response to my claim, i.e. second batch of posts, given that town has no incentive to withhold information at this stage of the game. Which basically translates into 'if Nobody Special pulls out a claim as anything but VT, I will reserve the right to grill him over it.' I can't think of any motivation for me to lie about whether JohnnyFarrar was a PR, but if you can I'll certainly address it.

I'm not sure what you mean about what info I can claim in response to your question; hopefully the above paragraph is getting at what you mean; if not, please clarify.

Questions for you: if you're town, what was your thinking in quickhammering jeck in terms of how the town could win based on that move? I realize this was discussed ad nauseum in twilight last phase, but I didn't want to paint a target on my back by being overly involved at that time, and it's pretty much the only thing you've done all game that makes me question my strong town read on you.

And can you take a quick look over Nobody Special's ISO (it's not a hard read) and support your scum read on him? You did have a scum read on him yesterday before wagon-hopping, but as far as I can see, most of that was explained as a pressure vote.

I'm going to read over the triple ISO from Voidedmafia, njoseph, and Nobody Special, as I've been through the possible pairing combos individually.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by njoseph »

I thought we were at an impasse. I felt like a voting impasse was simply just going to be breathing down our neck for some reason. So I voted jeck, who I thought could be scum. <---It's not really thinking in the purest form, you could say, but I did understand the situation that way.

Next post is review and/or commentary of N.S.'s I.S.O. But I can tell you right now that it wasn't just a pressure vote on N.S., I thought it was squarely in the realm of possibility that he was scum. That hasn't changed from then to now.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I'm actually around (for once) so I'll be watching for your comments on his ISO.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by njoseph »

Commentary and some impressions of N.S. Like impressions as in doing an impression.

In post 11, Nobody Special wrote:I loathe inside jokes.

DoubleVote: Always Mafia
and
njoseph

Does voting two townies subtly imply bloodlust. Could be, lol.

In post 80, Nobody Special wrote:I hate you all.

Two hours and four pages.

Argh.

This would be a textbook case of lazy scum right here. This commentary probably will have plenty of mentions of "lazy"

In post 88, Nobody Special wrote:
Vote: SoraAdvent
for spurious reasoning.

I don't have a particular red bell with this post.

In post 99, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 96, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
How 'bout me?

I like your holiday avatar. Remind me to put mine up when I get back home.

Possibly lighthearted "buddying" with a townie whom was not killed (for a reason? reason of buddying exploitation ??), not killed by N.S.--until you killed him, that is, P.A--not killed by N.S. even though Johnny was pretty darn towny in my op. Buddying exploitation possibility is a possiblity.

In post 291, Nobody Special wrote:I'm on.

unvote

Vote: SafetyDance

INEXPLICABLE. One of my scumtells. It didn't work with Elscouta, though, but how about with N.S.?

In post 400, Nobody Special wrote:I don't know what you're waiting for from me. SafteyDance is the lynch for today, and nothing I've read changes my mind.

Why does this sound consistent with his tendency to let us do all the work/talking?

In post 498, Nobody Special wrote:Aside from the fact that the only correct lynch today is SafetyDance, I always tend to look askance at people who make a point of announcing that they "may not be here" tomorrow. It's an amazingly scummy thing to say. Therefore, I've got my eye on you, Reverend.

Yet N.S. would seemingly have no problem talking about his own "not being here" or reasoning for why we shouldn't expect him to "be here."

In post 500, Nobody Special wrote:Well, yes. I generally only say that when I'm scum. That's my
point.

Why make this point if not trying to use meta to protect oneself?

In post 518, Nobody Special wrote:Okay. I read Rev's case on AM and am willing to switch near deadline if need be.

However, Safety is our lynch today. Won't you join me?

I don't like this.

In post 529, Nobody Special wrote:Johnny: Look here for a good summary. (Caution: wallpost.)

unvote

Vote: Always Mafia

L-2?

Easiest way to agree with somebody--quote url of something they said. Lazy means of doing it, and it's being used to vote for A.M to boot.

In post 550, Nobody Special wrote:Okay, I get that, but is there nothing at all in Rev's posting that makes you think he might be town?

Nothing. Nothing. Seems to harsh to me. I think this is truly scummy because Rev was town to me and I think to others, but N.S. would have to keep his options open to possibly lynch Rev, wouldn't he?

In post 570, Nobody Special wrote:VERY interested to hear Safety defend himself.

I'll wait for a votecount before putting him at L-1, but, really. He needs to die.

Also, notwithstanding Safety's slip, it's possible havingfitz was killed multiple times.

VERY interested seems like saying "haha, you look dangerously bad, you endangered piece of meat."

In post 577, Nobody Special wrote:AtE. (P-Edit: re: post 575)

Not waiting for a VC.

Vote: Safety

That should be L-1.

NOT WAITING FOR VC AND HERE's another short post with a vote. N.S., no just no.

In post 631, Nobody Special wrote:Alright, fine.

unvote

I agree that penguin is looking very town. I want to think VM is town, but I can't be sure.

"Alright fine. Too bad my scummy strategy fell out of viability" "Let me waffle on making a VM town read, but scum read in potentiality, too."

In post 786, Nobody Special wrote:jeck's "analysis" is ... lacking.

Vote: jeck

L-1, I think?

Also looking at you more closely now, njoseph.

"I like accusing people of being lacking, why is this a problem? "
"njoseph is now my target besides the "lacking guy." It's fair game to call him lacking guy and put him at L-1 in tandem with calling him that. It's not hypocritical of me to call him that, is it? Why is that a problem, you guys. Don't look at me like that"

In post 797, Nobody Special wrote:I don't get jeckmath. Perhaps I never will.

Okay, you won't engage with what he's saying. Cool, I.e., "badmath, so too bad if you want me to say something bona fide about it."

In post 868, Nobody Special wrote:I hate this. Minimal flip info, and now I have to go back and re-read the whole f^^%%^ing game.

Argh.

ARGH! "I am apparently
vociferously angrier
about minimal info than the rest of ya." I doubt he re-read whole f**king game.

In post 871, Nobody Special wrote:I have a headache, so much of what you just typed doesn't even parse. I'll have to re-read it either later tonight or tomorrow night.

If what you say is true, I'll be voting njoseph.

A quick check of my iso shows I was suspicious of VM and thinking penguin was town, so this is good.

Penguin, could I ask a favor? Could you list your kills in a short list? They're embedded in that wall and hard to pick out. Thanks!

Translation in the voice of N.S.: "penguin might be saying stuff that may indicate that I'm in trouble, oh the information, better be slow and careful about this and say it "doesn't even parse" as a good sounding excuse to be slow even though Penguin is clear (imo)." "njoseph is my target for lynching because Penguin is too townie, I guess. Might as well say she's correct EVEN though I can't parse what she's correct about { ;? }."
"Penguin is so town, I said so before, check my ISO, don't disbelieve me, check my ISO, you townie person!"
"I was suspicious of VM? Let's cite that for good measure, too!"
"Btw Penguin give me your kills so I don't make a claim mistake or something, nobody special here wants to perhaps claim somebody special"

N.S., this is you. Are you scum, or is Penguin. Make your case, I want to see what more us triangle of three can get out of reacting to each other.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by njoseph »

I don't want to vote N.S. just yet. Just in case you're really hidden scum, P.A. Enjoy my commentary above, especially my impression quotes of what N.S. was saying. I'm off to bedroom/tv.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by njoseph »

I didn't quote every quote of N.S.'s in that commentary. I did not include Rachel stuff, I think. Again, enjoy what I wrote threre/ get some popcorn
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

On first read-through, the only thing I'd quibble with is in #498 when he talks about TheReverend saying he might not be here, he means 'live through the night' not 'be around for activity purposes.' More thoughts coming.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Bottom line, I think we both agree that there is nothing outstandingly pro-town in Nobody Special's posts. Reading it different ways can make it feel more or less scummy, but it doesn't look good.

Yeah, no rush on voting, certainly; I do want to hear from Nobody Special before I feel comfortable deciding either way myself.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:59 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Here's another question: what was the motivation for SafetyDance's being the Mafia's NK choice? Him being the Mafia kill makes it apparent that he wasn't Mafia himself. Even accounting for the fact that the Mafia could have been SK-hunting, SafetyDance called attention to the SK on Day 2 in a way that he wouldn't have if he was the SK, and he'd claimed VT on the same day, meaning that based on the tenet that town don't fakeclaim, he wasn't a PR. So why kill him?

Obvious answer is because SafetyDance was quite blatantly going to be looking to lynch njoseph the next day phase. But as I discussed earlier, njoseph quickhammering as Mafia only makes sense if he can guarantee being left with two people total in this day phase, with neither of them having the ability to play him to a draw. Which would mean that a presumed VT like SafetyDance would actually be his best shot at winning for his side.

So that leaves killing SafetyDance to set someone else up. Like...setting up his most plausible target for the next day?

njoseph, I've had a town read on you for the entire game. The only scummy thing you've done is the quickhammer, and I just don't think it makes sense from a scum perspective, i.e. knowing that one Mafia was dead, even less so with the Mafia kill last night going on the least threatening player left in the game from an endgaming perspective. If you're scum, you've earned the draw with your play, because you've fooled me, but I don't believe that's the case.

Nobody Special, I want to hear from you before making an absolute final decision.

(By the by, reading the triple ISO wasn't any more illuminating than reading the two double ISOs. So, yeah.)
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 am

Post by njoseph »

Yes, I think killing SafetyDance could have been to try to make me apear badly about it.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Mod, I anticipate being V/LA for ~60 hours. I'm not sure yet if it'll be total lack of access or just limited access; if it's the latter it shouldn't impact things and I'll rescind my V/LA.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

...turns out I do have limited access via mobile device; please disregard my previous post, and I apologize for the uncertainty.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 am

Post by njoseph »

Monday seems to be a slow day. Oh well, I can just lurk on Wikipedia.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I find it odd that Nobody Special isn't posting here when he is active elsewhere. Maybe it's honest forgetfulness, maybe not; either way I don't particularly care. He's been gone from here for > 72 hours, so I don't think I'm being overly pushy. I just want him to answer a) why I should believe he's town, and b) why I should go back on my persistent town read on njoseph.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I am kinda, sorta, avoiding this thread, because it represents a metric assload of work that I have to do, and I know that it's going to take me a lot of time, and I've been busy a lot (and my activity elsewhere onsite is just quick maintenance -- just responding to current quick questions, etc.) -- so yes, I know I've not yet answered, and I plan on it, but I just need to find a chunk of two hours or so where I won't be interrupted.

It'll be soon, promise. Wednesday evening, at the absolute latest (but I'm hoping for tomorrow).
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

Post by njoseph »

I may not be available here at the beginning of Wednesday evening my time.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 am

Post by njoseph »

And if not at the beginning of the evening, then not any time during the evening, and then not until morning as well, as usual
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I garbled in my verbiage. Simply put, I have about one hour and a sixth of availability left tonight after this second.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by njoseph »

In post 896, Tazaro wrote:I garbled in my verbiage. Simply put, I have about one hour and a sixth of availability left tonight after this second.

Pretend HE did not say that.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:45 am

Post by njoseph »

Where are you, man?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Prod dodge. At the risk of being all PSA about it, we're nearing the halfway point of the day. Nobody Special, at this point we're wasting major discussion time, and the only deliberate motivation to do so is if one is scum trying to run out the clock. I'll give it 48 hours past when you said you'd be posting, as that sends you well into prod territory.

Return to “Completed Open Games”