Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

The bookstore, of course, was different than he remembered. He wandered its re-arranged aisles anyway, itching at his new (and excellent) haircut. In the week he'd been out, his clothing had begun to fit him better, which in its way had lessened the sense of foreboding he'd felt on his arrival back in town. Why, then, the lingering dread as he considered the picked-over Bestseller shelves, the pine tables with their CLEARANCE stickers, the supple thuk-thuk-thuk of the twin escalators (he remembered those well). Where once had sat four rows of Fiction and Literature now were bright pyramids of puzzles, board games, Lego; on the far side, near the bank of floor-to-ceiling windows, empty faded carpet criss-crossed by dark impressions where shelves had once sat.

Things he didn't know: 1. The name of the man he was here to meet; 2. The exact reason(s) (though here he had a pretty good idea); 3. What it was, exactly, he planned to do if that pretty good idea turned out to be the gospel truth. He was unarmed; no one knew he was here. A lot had to have changed since he'd gone down those twenty years before, but he knew all too well the trouble with assumptions, the flaw inherent in trust. Yet here he was. Alone. Free. And possibly, he knew, a liability.

And… then he died somehow. The Mafia did it. You all thought the Mafia was gone. Kill the Mafia.

Welcome, players, to Bubble Tape Mafia.

Living: 3/13

1. killerjester
(replacing MaverickMaestro)

2. Jake from State Farm
3. Kthxbye
(replacing SafetyDance)

Dead: 10/13

Spoiler:
1. Dave168,
Town Cop
, lynched Day 1.
2. Rondar
(replacing DoubleJD)
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1.
3. kushm4sta,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2.
4. mastin2,
Town Deputy
, killed Night 2.
5. zipperflesh,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3.
6. AngryPidgeon,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 3.
7. qwints
(replacing Devourer359)
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 4.
8. d3x,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 4.
9. Klick
(replacing Cybertronix)
Mafia Godfaather
, lynched Day 5.
10. Thor665,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 5.
Last edited by Dunhamganger on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am, edited 51 times in total.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

Announcements, Announcements, Anoooooooounce, ments

1. Voting:
Votes and unvotes must be in bold to be counted. (Ex:
Vote: Dunhamganger
.) You do not have to unvote between votes for the next vote to be counted. You may
unvote
at any time and need not specify who you were voting for.

2.Lynching
: Lynches require a simple majority of votes. Once that majority is reached, a lynch is achieved and further votes or unvotes will have no effect.

3. No Lynch
: You may
Vote: No lynch
if you wish to end the day without lynching (herp). No Lynch will also require a simple majority.

4. Deadline
: This game will function on a cycle of strict 3-week days. Replacements near deadline will extend that deadline by a maximum of 3 days.

5. Deadline Lynch
: When the deadline passes, if no player has a majority of the votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If more than one player is tied for the most votes, no lynch will occur

6. Night and Night Actions
: Night will last for 72 hours maximum. Night actions not received within those 72 hours will not occur. Night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution.

7. Lurking
: Players who sign up in this game are expected to actively post and participate. Players who do not post for 72 hours without prior warning will be prodded. Failure to respond to a prod within 48 hours will result in replacement. Lurking will not be a viable strategy in this game and players who are consistently prodded or post only to avoid being prodded will be replaced at the Mod's discretion.

8. Out-Of-Thread/Beyond-The-Grave Communication
: The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so, and then only in the manner stated in your role PM. Don't quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread; this includes your role PM. In addition, once you're dead, you may post exactly once more (often called a "Bah" post) before endgame, and it may not contain relevant game content. Any violation of this rule is a modkillable offense.

9. Posting Style
: Do not use odd colors, font size, or excessive images in your posts. Do not be unduly abusive to your fellow players. Do not edit or delete your previous posts. No codes or foreign languages. Failure to meet these criteria will result in warnings and/or replacement.

10. V/LA
: If you are going to be V/LA, please post in the thread if at all possible. Do not assume that a simple site-wide announcement will suffice. Please treat this game like a commitment and respect the time and enjoyment of your fellow players.

11. Questions, Comments, Concerns
: If you have any questions that need to be addressed outside of the thread, please PM me. Otherwise, you may get my attention using either of the following formats:
@Dunhamganger
@Mod

12. Playing to Win
: If at any point I deem you to be playing against your win condition, you will be modkilled. No exceptions.

13. Catch-All
: If you seem to be violating the spirit of these rules while operating under the letter of them, I will take appropriate action. Fair warning.

14. Fun
: Having fun is by no means mandatory, but I would vastly prefer that each of you have some amount of it. If there's anything I can do to ensure that you do, please do not hesitate to let me know.

15. Modkills
: A modkill will result in the day ending as if a lynch had occurred. Cool.

Sample Role PM:

This is a closed set-up. At least one player has the following role:

Dunhamganger wrote:Welcome to Bubble Tape Mafia, _________. You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You may post and vote during the day. You may do nothing at night.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

(But, I mean. It says their name.)
Last edited by Dunhamganger on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

Role PMs are being sent out now. Please confirm via PM. We will start when 11 of 13 players have confirmed.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Day 1 begins. With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

Apologies for the large number of PMs this confirmation process required.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

Good evening gentlemen. All your base are belong to me.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 am

Post by d3x »

Not much for RVS, MM?

VOTE: MM

How 'bout now?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: Maverick Maestro

I'm out of RVS.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 am

In post 5, d3x wrote:Not much for RVS, MM?

VOTE: MM

How 'bout now?

Pineapples.

RVS is a cruddy mechanic, wish people would start paying more attention to me when I say that.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Cybertronix »

Last game I was in with MM, he posted fluff for the first post and he was town.

VOTE: Jake from State Farm because Flo from Progressive says, "Hi"
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Dave168 »

I note that when I picked up my PM saying game had started, there were 4 players remaining unconfirmed (including myself). This is my 3rd online game, and I am happy to take the stance that mafia could be found chatting and remain unconfirmed slightly longer. (Quite shortly I hope to reaquaint myself with how to hyperlink to the appropriate wiki article.)

The players were (quoting from screenshot taken at time, which I don't seem to be able to upload):
3: Leonshade
6: MaverickMaestro
9: SafetyDance.
11: Dave168

SafetyDance has posted only 5 times in total on the site, so I eagerly await some actual content. I don't self-vote, so Dave is out (for me).

I have no problem believing that MaverickMaestro is scummier out of the two remaining. Better join the wagon then.

vote: MaverickMaestro
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

@MaverickMaestro - I'd be more forgiving towards your attitude if you were actually doing anything to scumhunt. If we all played like you this game would already be full of fail.

@Cyber - does he *not* do that when scum?
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Cybertronix »

@Thor: Haven't looked into his meta, but that's a good question. Just going off the last game we finished together last week. Time to look at MM's meta.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Obv-town: Dave168

Hey everyone.

I know some of you.

VOTE: Cybertronix
Cyber is scum for post 10. Its pretty obvious.

Thor, are you town this game?
MM, are you going to flake and request replacement after lurking all Day? I'll PL that right now if so.
JFSF, are you bitter about disney villains mafia?

@Dunhamganger: Are you town?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Errr post 11.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Dave168 »

@AngryPidgeon: Are you buddying me? How can you say "obv"?

@Leonshade: Why were you late to confirm?

@SafetyDance: Are you planning to participate much?
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 am

In post 9, Dave168 wrote:I note that when I picked up my PM saying game had started, there were 4 players remaining unconfirmed (including myself). This is my 3rd online game, and I am happy to take the stance that mafia could be found chatting and remain unconfirmed slightly longer. (Quite shortly I hope to reaquaint myself with how to hyperlink to the appropriate wiki article.)

The players were (quoting from screenshot taken at time, which I don't seem to be able to upload):
3: Leonshade
6: MaverickMaestro
9: SafetyDance.
11: Dave168

SafetyDance has posted only 5 times in total on the site, so I eagerly await some actual content. I don't self-vote, so Dave is out (for me).

I have no problem believing that MaverickMaestro is scummier out of the two remaining. Better join the wagon then.

vote: MaverickMaestro

WIFOM on the point about Mafia waiting to confirm so they get longer to chat. Taking this post with a pinch of salt since it all looks to be garbage.

Actually, scratch that, it is.

In post 10, Thor665 wrote:@MaverickMaestro - I'd be more forgiving towards your attitude if you were actually doing anything to scumhunt. If we all played like you this game would already be full of fail.

@Cyber - does he *not* do that when scum?

Obvious tunnel tactic here. We're on page one day one. Stop acting like I'm a precog.

I'm not going to scumhunt with nothing to work on, hence the kick off fluff. Problem? Deal with it.

AngryPidgeon wrote:MM, are you going to flake and request replacement after lurking all Day? I'll PL that right now if so.

Hahaha, no.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 am

Post by Dave168 »

@MM: I have to start somewhere. Its better than wasting time on "all your base belong to me". What are you doing that's scum hunting? Nothing. Vote stands.

@AngryPidgeon: in addition I'd like more explanation on how Cyber is scum, just from post 11. What's obvious to you is less so to me. Also, I'm not sure I can stand the "d" in pidgeon for this whole game, I may have to abbreviate.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 12, AngryPidgeon wrote:Thor, are you town this game?

My recollection of your bad methods is that I answer 'of course' you should just believe me.
Vote MM.

In post 16, Dave168 wrote:@MM: I have to start somewhere. Its better than wasting time on "all your base belong to me". What are you doing that's scum hunting? Nothing. Vote stands.

I was going to respond to Maestro's post...but this nails it pretty well all by itself.
So I'll just grunt and nod.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 am

Post by Cybertronix »

From what I see, MM has only been VT on this site.

@MM: Your fluff posting has gained you attention in the last two games I've played with you. Why continue doing it?
kushm4sta
kushm4sta
Goon
kushm4sta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 am

Post by kushm4sta »

In post 8, Cybertronix wrote:Last game I was in with MM, he posted fluff for the first post and he was town.

VOTE: Jake from State Farm because Flo from Progressive says, "Hi"

INTRODUCTION TO ME:
Heyyyyy.
No one played with me before in this game.
I have 1 game on this site= a newbie game that I replaced into as scum. I won.
I have played many games on the site teamliquid.
I like their games better because the days are usually 48 hours and the nights are 24 hours. I just prefer that kind of set up much more. But I'm here anyway because I got banned for suiciding in some stupid theme game.
My scumtraits: I love to bus. I find it very hard as scum to come up with fake cases against town, so I invariably bus my scumteam.
I much prefer the role of town. I like figuring things out rather than already knowing everything.

My first impression is I agree with AP about Cyber.
In post 8 he defends Mav for no reason.
He makes a dumb joke backing up a bullshit vote (Flo from Progressive is so hot though omg).
This joke is by far the fluffiest most useless thing in the thread so far.

Post 11 looks like fake tryharding. I mean really?? He's going to look into his meta this early for something so insignificant. I doubt a normal player would say or do that.

vote: cyber
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 am

In post 16, Dave168 wrote:@MM: I have to start somewhere. Its better than wasting time on "all your base belong to me". What are you doing that's scum hunting? Nothing. Vote stands.

It's the first post, nuff said. The only other "sensible" thing to do would have been to random vote. Which I did not want to do.
Cybertronix wrote:From what I see, MM has only been VT on this site.

@MM: Your fluff posting has gained you attention in the last two games I've played with you. Why continue doing it?

I don't like to make a habit of it. I certainly don't fluff post when things actual get going, the last game was a particularly good one for me, since I had a good sense of what was going on and who my suspects were. I would have lynched one scum had he not self hammered.

I will only post fluff initially as a substitute for a random vote, outside of that it's anti town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Maestro - why not just wait to post then?

I could be game to lynch kushm4sta too.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 19, kushm4sta wrote:My first impression is I agree with AP about Cyber.
In post 8 he defends Mav for no reason.
He makes a dumb joke backing up a bullshit vote (Flo from Progressive is so hot though omg).
This joke is by far the fluffiest most useless thing in the thread so far.

This was an RVS vote not "bullshit". It's common for people to joke to "justify" their vote.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 14, Dave168 wrote:@AngryPidgeon: Are you buddying me? How can you say "obv"?

Sure lets go with that. Your speculation on lynching unconfirmed players is prob-town. And no I dont have a magical 1000 word essay to justify that. What do you think about Thor being out of RVS in his first post?

In post 15, MaverickMaestro wrote:WIFOM on the point about Mafia waiting to confirm so they get longer to chat. Taking this post with a pinch of salt since it all looks to be garbage.

Pretty sure Dave was implying it wasn't intentional.

In post 17, Thor665 wrote:My recollection of your bad methods is that I answer 'of course' you should just believe me.
Vote MM.

Naw, 'of course' is a scum tell. As is "My recollection of your bad methods is that I answer 'of course' you should just believe me." but you are scum independent of alignment.

Dude, cyber is scum. Not sure why I should deviate from voting someone who has already scum-slipped. Cyber, is MM your buddy?

P-edit: I think MM is town actually. Ok, I'll lynch Kushmasta
kushm4sta
kushm4sta
Goon
kushm4sta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 am

Post by kushm4sta »

dont lynch kushmasta that is dumb.

I don't know what RVS is. I also don't care. My vote stands.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”