Mini 68, Homestar Runner Mafia (Game Over!)

d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:32 am

Post by d8P »

:)
Nice, Wacky, very nice.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:01 am

Post by blackhawk »

im with you wacky i think my logic was screwed up but i voted the right person any way, wheres the mod?isnt someone the actual mod, ill go and PM him right away
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:32 am

Post by d8P »

Someone is not the mod. That was what I saw a while back. I can PM the real one, but I think they just haven't been on.

Patience.
Strong Bad
Strong Bad
Townie
Strong Bad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:57 am

Post by Strong Bad »

Well, here it is, the end of a long, grueling mafia game.

The town turned it's attention to d8P, who replied "Don't lynch me, I'm invincible and can kill mafia like nobody's business." The other Strong Badians didn't believe this. Soon he had been strung up. His dying words were "Goodbye, oh dark land of nod. I go on to the undiscovered country."

Aw man, he likes it! Anyway, d8P(Strong Sad), has been lynched. As my artsy brother, he had no desire greater than to go down in a blaze of glory. d8P wins!

After that display, blackhawk was unmasked as Homsar, who could message Marzipan every night, but could only leave a five letter message. Also, capitalization of his message was randomized. Then Wacky unmasked himself as, this is gonna be a little awkward so bear with me, Strong Bad! I, I mean he, then proceded to kick the the over-loving crap out of blackhawk, who said things like "This is even wilder than my frisbee."

The Strong family wins!

Full revelation forthcoming.
Holy crap! It's [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18814#18814]Homestar Runner Mafia[/url]!
Strong Bad
Strong Bad
Townie
Strong Bad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:33 am

Post by Strong Bad »

As promised, the full revelation.

Role PMs

Wacky

Dear Strong Bad,
You are me, that is, I am you, I mean...whatever. You get the coolest role in this game, seeing as it's all about you...me...us. Just check out the title, "Homestar Ruh..." holy crap! I thought that...Well anyway, like I was saying, this game is REALLY about us. We're in charge of the Strong family, with The Cheat and Strong Mad, and we get to kick the crap out of people. Also, I get to, I mean we get to leave a prank call on Marzipan's answering machine. This is gonna rock even more than the time I set Homestar's melonade on fire.

That was so funny, when he was like "Hey Strong Bad, my melonade is on fire." And I was like "So what?" ho ho ho.

P.S.
As author of the game, I know that Homestar, Trogdor, Bubs, Marzipan, Coach Z, Strong Sad, Homsar, Eh, Steve! and The Talkin' Wheelchair are all in this game too.

Dirge

Dear Strong Mad,
You are so with the Strong family this time. While I, Strong Bad, will be providing the criminal genius, and The Cheat will be providing the cheating, I mean that's his name after all, you, my man, will be providing the much needed muscle. Now say "Douglas".
-S.B.

P.S.
As author of the game, I know that Homestar, Trogdor, Bubs, Marzipan, Coach Z, Strong Sad, Homsar, Eh, Steve! and The Talkin' Wheelchair are all in this game too.

Quagmire/Breakdown

Dear The Cheat,
My man, this is gonna rock. You, Strong Mad, and I, have the coolest role in this game. Basically, we provide an all-purpose criminal element. You provide the all-important pranking. And if you come through, I am gonna get you a pizza.
-S.B.

P.S.

gslamm

Attention Homestar Runner,
You are a big moron, and Strong Bad is much cooler than you, and you should give him all your stuff. Also, in this game, you get to leave a message on Marzipan's machine every night.
-Someone you should trust who isn't Strong Bad

blackhawk

Dear Homsar,
I'm gonna make this short and simple, you get to leave messages on Marzipan's answering machine every night, but knowing what a total freak you are, you'll only make it five letters long.
-S.B.

rite

*beeep* Hello Marzipan, this is Str-the mod, and not Strong Bad. In dis game, you get to listen to your answering machine every night. You'll get messages from all sorts a people. Anyway, good luck, or whatever mods say. And, umm...PRANK CALL!!!

Foolster41

TROGDOR!
Right now you're a man. Make that a DRAGON man. If you burninate, you'll become a dragon, and will no longer be able to hide your dragonity or stop burninating everything. So go forth, and burninate with all your majesty.
-S.B.

Saigon

Dear Bubs,
You get some of the cooler abilities in this game. For starters, you have two ketchup bombs that you can plant on other Strong Badian houses to protect their residents. You also have a souped up wire tap that you can use once to listen to Marzipan's messages.
-S.B.

bloojay

Dear Coach Z,
Being coach of the golf club team at Crazy Go Nuts University, you have unprecedented access to the locker room. You get to check one locker every night to find out more about the owner.
-S.B.

Dasquian/bunsofsteel
Dear The Talkin' Wheelchair,
You're a character that Bubs plays on Sweet Cuppin' Cakes. You really probably shouldn't be here, since this is Homestar Runner Mafia, but after looking over the game setup I thought it would be kinda fun. Anyway, you're looking for Eh, Steve. Every night you get to search someone to discover if he's Eh, Steve. If you find him, you win. Now doesn't that sound karazy?
-S.B.

Carmine/Lady Of The Wood

Eh, Steve!
I have no idea how you got in here. You're actully just a character I came up with for some karazy cartoon. Maybe I was having a couple of cold ones when I wrote this, I dunno. Anyway, as Eh, Steve, you can't really do anything, except you can't resist the urge to utter your catch phrase, "Eh, Steve!" at least once every day. I will warn you though, I think that talkin' wheelchair is out to get you, and if he finds you, it ain't gonna be pretty.
-S.B.

d8P

Dear Strong Sad,
It took me a long time to decide what your role would be. For a while I was thinkin' you might be in some sort of Mason group with the Strong family, but then I came up with something even better. You win if you die. So basically, you've gotta be all depressing and suicidal, it fit's you perfectly. I'm such a genius.
-S.B.

Notes

Coach Z's results were a little unreliable, as Eh, Steve!, The Talkin' Wheelchair, and Marzipan did not have lockers. Also, Homestar's locker was loaded with smelly wrestling masks he was supposed to clean for me. Also TROGDOR would've received a favorable investigation had he been checked before his first burnination.

Bub's ketchup bombs would've acted more or less like a standard doctor protection if they had ever been activated.

If Eh, Steve! had gone through a day without uttering his catchphrase, he would not be able to help himself and blurt it out in twilight, automatically revealing himself to the talkin' wheelchair.

Messages to Marzipan were sent to the mod and then forwarded at the end of the night in a single post in random order. They were totally anonymous.

Choices

Night 1:

The Strong family decided to have Strong Mad pummel Foolster41
gslamm sent this message to marzipan: "I was told I could write you an email. I'm not sure what good that does us right now. Later on maybe it'll help us confirm each other.

If you get in a bind say something like "Will the player who wrote me the e-mail night 1 confirm that I am Marzipan? Remember you told me that: gslamm is ugly"

If I get in a bind and need to confirm that I am homestarr I'll quote this msg."

blackhawk sent this message to Marzipan: "jeffer", The mod briefly forgets that he reduced the limit from 7 to 5 at the last minute and lets the message through anyway.

Foolster41 decided to lie low, as did Saigon.

bloojay checked bunsofsteel discovering no locker, and bunsofsteel checked blackhawk for potential Steveness.

Night 2:

The Strong Family sends Dirge again to pummel bloojay. Also Wacky uses his one-time prank call ability to send this message to Marzipan: "Dear random chick, this is Pom-Pom. I actually lied (again).

This is really a one-time ability, and I was hoping to attract the mafia kill. This is unlikely to work, since I’m heaps more likely to get myself lynched now. That's why I wasn't prodded, and why it is supposedly >blackhawk's 5 letter ability. Anyway it would be good if you just pretended to receive further messages from me or something. I don’t know right now. But since this is some kind of one-way mason things, I’ll just ry and share my thoughts.

Personally, ATM I suspect Dirge, who seems to be heavily attacking anyone and everyone, and also Saigon, who is also compulsively bandwagoning people, but that's just me.

This msg will now be repeated, in case of some weird thing happening. (The mod did hint of possible posting restrictions in the initial post)

Dear random chick, this is Pom-Pom. I actually lied (again).

This is really a one-time ability, and I was hoping to attract the mafia kill. This is unlikely to work, since I’m heaps more likely to get myself lynched now. That's why I wasn't prodded, and why it is supposedly >blackhawk's 5 letter ability. Anyway it would be good if you just pretended to receive further messages from me or something. I don’t know right now. But since this is some kind of one-way mason things, I’ll just ry and share my thoughts.

Personally, ATM I suspect Dirge, who seems to be heavily attacking anyone and everyone, and also Saigon, who is also compulsively bandwagoning people, but that's just me.

Again:
(The mod did hint of possible posting restrictions in the initial post)
Dear random chick, this is Pom-Pom. I actually lied (again).

Personally, ATM I suspect Dirge, who seems to be heavily attacking anyone and everyone, and also Saigon, who is also compulsively bandwagoning people, but that's just me."

gslamm sends this message to Marzipan: "All I can think of is another confirmation password and countersign. To let me know who you are (If you want/need to) use the words "greed" and "red" together.

No need for me to be secretive. I'm gslamm. Hopefully you can confirm one or both of the others that say they pass messages to you. (one said random female, but thats got to be you sooner or later :)

Homestar Runner"

blackhawk sends this message to Marzipan: "coach"

Saigon sets a ketchup bomb on blackhawk's home.

Coach Z investigates Wacky, he would've found something valuable, had he not been faded that night.

Dasquian checks Carmine, and discovers Eh, Steve!

Night 3:

The Strong Family sends Dirge to pummel rite.

gslamm sends this message to Marzipan: "Rite,

Let's hope you get this msg. That'll mean that Dirge failed to block me and that you are alive.

Not sure what else we can get out of this. I'm pretty sure Dirge is scum and d8p probably too.

If I don't survive the night I'd definately suggest lynching Dirge first. If you agree with my suspicions of d8p you need to post it tomorrow in case you go the next night.

HR
gslamm"

blackhawk sends this message to Marzipan: "Fhgwa"

Saigon makes no move.

Night 4:

Strong Bad goes and kicks the crap out of gslamm.

blackhawk, in classic Homsar style, sends this message to Marzipan: "whoMF?"

And that's the game. I'll be back to discuss later.
Holy crap! It's [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18814#18814]Homestar Runner Mafia[/url]!
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:06 am

Post by rite »

Wacky, I suspected you the whole time.

Punk.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:31 pm

Post by Dasquian »

I loved blackhawk's use of his role... that was pure Homsar genius ;)
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:50 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

For starters let me apologize for the awful, flat mod text. If I had this all to do over again I'd plan more in advance. What happened instead was I assumed I'd be able to write in character off the cuff whenever I needed to. This obviously was not the case.

Anyway, about the setup.

The first thing I realized about the source material is that this could easily be a mass-claim on day one game. Something I did not want to happen. So first I threw in three minor characters to allow easier claims for the mafia. Then I told the mafia exactly which characters were in the game so that they had no risk of an accidental cross-claim.

I was not expecting the answering machine masons to all stay alive for so long into the game, but seeing as they had no real abilities I suppose it made sense. The fact that Marzipan and Homsar were revealed so early, coupled with the fact that The Talkin' Wheelchair found his mark night 2, meant that the mafia had a good idea of where all the truly powerful roles were.

Now to some PMs I received.
d8P wrote:If I get killed N1, it's game over, I win? Same if I'm lynched?

You want me to believe all I have to do is die to win? How dumb do you think I am, Strong Bad?
And don't answer that last one.

I long for blissful oblivion, but there's a veil of fear before it. *sigh*
d8P wrote:Do I win if I am killed at night, or if I'm lynched? Or both?
Crapfully Yours,

SS.
d8P wrote:Are you going to answer those pms I sent you or would my knowing the answers give me an unfair advantage/spoil the game?
I thought that this was pretty funny. I didn't respond to it because I figured it might be interesting to see what sort of paranoid things he might do with it.

I guess I hadn't been very clear about what the prank call ability actually entailed in my original PM to Wacky. Check this out.
Wacky wrote:Dear Strong bad,

If you don't hear from me again, please prank call Foolster41 and have some fun. When is this dead line. You can't replace me, I'm... irreplaceable!

M.E.
Wacky wrote:Oh, I thought prank call was the kill itself. I'll let Strongmad be my thug tonight, yes.

So, if its not too late, the following is my prank call to Marzipan:

Hello Marzipan whatever. i get to send you messages at night. l33t. i got a spec role so just tell you stuff later and all.

- Homestarrunner
After this I made sure he knew that he only got to use it once.
Wacky wrote:um, you mean that 1 prank call in the whole game?

In that case, NO CALL. NO WAY.

God, I am sooo lost. Apologies and all.

So basically my role is:

Godfather - send it stuff
1 prank call in the game.
knows the names of all roles.

Thats all?
And after The Cheat died
Wacky wrote:So.. the prank call doesn't work anymore?
When he finally had everything figured out he made pretty good use of it. Claiming Pom Pom was actually something I had not thought of myself.

During night 4 I got this message, and I thought the mafia deserved kudos for this.
Wacky wrote:Well, I'm probably better off NOT trying to frame Strong Sad, so.

kill the crap outa Gslamm

Saigon wrote: Gslamm, I can't get killed tonight, believe me :)

That's the beauty about it :)
dirge wrote: I think that this means that Saigon only set one bomb, most likely to protect himself. If Saigon set another it was probably on Blackhawk, because he was the only person that Saigon said that he was sure of.
gslamm wrote: Note he said he had two bombs , confirmed by the mod, and that only one was accounted for by his death. Yesterday I was hoping Rite was protected since he was the obvious target.
I disagree with gslamm

Thus, the ONLY person I can safely kill is gslamm. Got that, Wacky? Good.
Also, right at the end I received this PM and thought it was somewhat funny.
gslamm wrote:Taking a page from MeMe:I gotta talk to somebody or I'm gonna bust.

I've never had to sit through such a tense endgame. Damn d8p is GOOD at being EVIL.

Why have they not lynched him yet !!!
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:54 pm

Post by bloojay »

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dangit! and it was getting so good to watch at the end...
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:39 pm

Post by d8P »

I was
not
in league with the other Strongs, regardless of how it might look. Great role, mod. Though the mystery around it was a handicap, I couldn't lose^_^.

Great game all.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Out of interest, what would've happened to either me or Carmine if the other had died before the end of the game? Would we'd just have become normal townies? :)

It was kinda of interesting playing an entirely separate game - the only reason I picked Carmine was because I know her IRL, and I guess bunsofsteel used the same logic for picking blackhawk ;)
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:05 pm

Post by blackhawk »

do it again, do it again oh man that was so much fun i almost wet my jenga ship. i was hoping the mod would slip up and give me the mafia,j/k, but my q is if all d8P had to do to win was die, then why didnt he just jump up and say "im strong Sad, mafia goon, kill me and youll all win"

homsar was great to play as, man i loved the message thing, i didnt care if rite was or not, i was hoping someone else would listen in on me

you should make a sequel, i would be so totally in
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:34 pm

Post by Wacky »

phew. This is my first mafia win. Can please gloat now??

Anyway, it wasn't all that tense. I was a bit nervous during the twilight since d8p didn't seem annoyed or unhappy at being dead, at all.. it was like "can strong sad kill people when he's lynched?"

Can't really believe I managed to live that long given day 1 actions. First I looked at the tapes thing. Thought that Pom Pom was the most obvious role not taken. so I claimed that. Then I realised (gradually) that everyone had a role. Then I remembered the note, and figured I'd try to kill Marzipan the day I was confirmed. Then blackhawk claimed a weaker version. So I had to change it to 1 PM only.

Thanks, mod!
More importantly, thanks d8p! Though you could have acted as scum a whole lot better early on, your delibrately suspicious behaviour got me the game at the end.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:15 am

Post by Carmine »

Eh, Steve!

I never got to use my catchphrase myself, woe. Stupid wheelchair. :evil:

Great game, mod - I've been reading it and thoroughly enjoying it!
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:16 am

Post by d8P »

blackhawk wrote:if all d8P had to do to win was die, then why didnt he just jump up and say "im strong Sad, mafia goon, kill me and youll all win
Three reasons: primarily, because it would spoil the game. It would also waste a set up. Third, because of the other two reasons, I figured the mod was having me on. Add to that the fact that he wouldn't confirm or deny how it worked.

Considering who our mod was, I figured it best not to trust him and to play right until the endgame. I assumed I was on my own, so I'd have to try to lynchas many mafia as possible before I started acting suspicious. The whole game I was trying to act odd enough to be forced into claiming, in order to set up the endgame, but not so much that the town would lynch. I threw in the ukelele thing to avoid being killed prematurely by the mafia.

Again, great role, mod. Nice set up. I knew I was doing the right thing by not trusting you when I saw Eh Steve and the Wheelchair shuffle off. This has been bothering me for a while, but doesn't that scenario mean we had alreadsy had a winner: Dasquian?

Is that what would have happened if I'd been killed earlier, the game would have continued?
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 am

Post by Carmine »

Yeah, I was going to add that: shouldn't Dasquian number among the winners? :)
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:29 am

Post by gslamm »

SK
3 mafia
....1 GF with ability
....2 goons with safe claims
--------
1 kamikazi
--------
1 hunter
1 hunted
---------
1 cop
1 two-shot doc
3 half-masons

Hmmm. It worked out suprisingly fair. Although I think EhSteve! didn't have much of a chance.

I never suspected Wacky. Grrrrr.
Very well played d8p.
One of these days Dirge and I will be Mafia together. When that happens, look out town.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:56 am

Post by Wacky »

The town had a chance had it not mass claimed. Confusion over my own role was entirely my fault and not the mods.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:19 am

Post by Dirge »

This was a great game. D1 I had tough choice to push the lynch on Wacky or let QuagBreak go down. It was tough because I was sure that we would wake up the next day and kill Wacky because of his awful claim.
Saigon wrote:Wow, are you gonna regret saying that tommorow :D
At least I made it to the next day 8)
gslamm wrote:One of these days Dirge and I will be Mafia together. When that happens, look out town.
True dat!
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:10 am

Post by Breakdown »

First off, good job Wacky. I thought you were toast early on, but you pulled through for the win. Now I can say my team won the first game I played on mafiascum :D .

You guys really should've let me claim. I had a good one in mind: the ARROWED! man for the Teen Girl Squad comics, a one shot vig who could pick from one of four amusing death scenes. Pretty sure it wouldn't have flown, but I at least wanted to try it. My last post here was right before I fell asleep and I got three votes between then and when I woke up. I was hopin to survive this game so I could be writing "The Cheat is not dead! Oh, so glad the cheat is not dead. etc." right now, but these things happen.

Good game mod, this was fun to read and fun to play fro the 48 hours or so I was actually in it. I'll definitely sign up for the sequel if there ever is one.
Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:48 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Yeah, in this game I thought I would experiment with "minor characters"; people who aren't really involved in the main conflict and have unrelated goals. I thought the three rolesI created based on that were appropriate given the overall tone of the game. Really the large group of confirmed innocents was more or less a necessity, as there were 2 killing groups with 4 players total groups and 3 additional characters who could cause grief to the townies by acheiving their win conditions. That meant that the town effectively started outnumbered. Giving them a really easy way to confirm each other gave them a strong weapon against the mafia. Though perhaps the prank call was a little unfair. Wacky made extremely good use of it. On the other hand if they hadn't managed to take out Coach Z he would've found some things that didn't fit with Pom Pom's character.

I thought it was a little odd that the wheelchair found Eh, Steve! night 2, as about 3 different people used the catch-phrase day 1.

The one thing I think I was kind of unfair about was the Bubs role. On the one hand his ideal strategy was really to plant both bombs as early as possible on obviously confirmed innocents. On the other hand the nature of what ketchup bombs did(basically a doc protection) was not described clearly in his role. Partly because I waffled about details like that right up to when I started the game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”