Micro 153: Sherlock Holmes Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Seanald »

yawwwwnn
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 am

Post by JasonWazza »

There are many fundamental basics that we have, however very many people forget to use these basics.

Vote Count 1.3

[2] Pirate Mollie: Pala, goodmorning,
[1] Blue Yoshi: Seanald,
[1] Ms Marangal: zachattack,

Not voting: Ms Marangal, ,pirate mollie, sword_of_omens, Syryana, Blue Yoshi,

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-04-16 15:57:31)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 70, Syryana wrote:
In post 56, goodmorning wrote:@Syr: Do you have something more concrete from your "not quite right" feeling yet?
Yeah. I think his methods for moving us out of RVS are bogus. His so-called "actual info" is nothing of the sort and involves vague speculative filler involving the number of mafia and how likely they are to have PRs of some kind. No me gusta "vague speculative filler".

Also, his #67 gives me a headache.

I see. I thought I had some follow up to this but I have no idea what it was supposed to be. Cat on my face.
Why aren't you voting him now then?

@zach: I see.

In post 75, Seanald wrote:yawwwwnn

wow that was so helpful i might shit myself with joy
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Pala »

In post 56, goodmorning wrote:@Pala: Thank you for pimping my questions. It's useful to me but unfortunately it apparently destroyed your ability to post content
i am so sorry are you ok?
which is a bit less useful to everyone.

I wanted him to answer your questions because I was totally lost on what he was trying to say with his "generally considered false" reasons and I thought his answer might clarify it a bit. Turns out it was only more confusing, but his #67 finally makes some sense and I think I get where he's coming from at last. That still doesn't explain why one vote freaked him out so much, or why he took Seanald's statement literally, when it clearly wasn't meant to be taken that way. So my read on him is null-leaning scum at this point.

sword's timely unvote gets him town points from me, and as does gm's push for more activity.

Not sure if I believe Syryana's claim that he didn't realize he was putting Blue Yoshi on L-1. But I guess given that one of the votes was Blue Yoshi's own RVS self-vote, it is possible that he missed that.

Isn't it about time to prod pirate mollie?
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Pala »

In post 71, zachattack wrote:
In post 36, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 35, Seanald wrote:
In post 32, Blue Yoshi wrote:I didn't expect many people to notice what I said in my first post, given it was in the confirming stage.
And
I'm trying to kind of ease our way out of RVS with actual info

said every scum ever.

VOTE: blue yoshi

I actually disagree with this, I have said this more as town then as scum, and I have seen other townsmen do it as well. I'm not seeing how that post makes him scummy, though some of the other stuff do

I misread GM's post. I thought he was accusing you of buddying Yoshi, based on this post. The fact that you called Yoshi out for defending you in post 31 and then defended him five posts later is not something I feel good about.

Is it really a defense though when she says in the same post that some of the other stuff do make him scummy?

@Ms M - What are these other stuff?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Blue Yoshi trying to deflect attention away from me when Syr's initial vote on me was obviously a joke, his self vote makes me uneasy but that's the kind of WIFOM I want to stay away from. a bunch of his posts rub me the wrong way, but figuring out why it does that exactly isn't exactly easy.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I hate to be insanely rude, wait no scratch that, sorry for being insanely rude but watson can you poke the kid sleeping next to the dead body

*Watson goes and Prod's Pirate Mollie*
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:22 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 30, goodmorning wrote:
In post 24, JasonWazza wrote:
Using a flowchart where the only thing that flows is someone's ego is always ill advised.

<3 I knew there must have been a reason I /inned this. FOUND IT.

lol, wtf is this shit

I guess the irony of uber designing the ofc above my "w/e" was somehow lost on you both. wow.

anyhoo. I am catching up now.

mod: on v/la till the 11th. will be checking in and contributing just not at my usual breakneck speed.

back to reading
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 47, Syryana wrote:
In post 44, sword_of_omens wrote:
UNVOTE:

for now...
@Syr -
you do realize that you put Blue Yoshi @ L-1, right?
Would have been nice of you to announce that so we don't get an accidental speedlynch on page 2 before we can gain anything useful from this day...

L-1? I thought it was L-2. Damnit.
UNVOTE:
So sorry. He's still suspicious though.

why the back off?

what was the intent of your vote if you did not want him lynched? what else do you see going on around you?
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 69, goodmorning wrote:@Yoshi: If he had said "a lot of scum do this" would that change your opinion? What makes you think that he was trying to "put more heat on [you]" by exaggerating?

In post 65, zachattack wrote:You're probably town.

What motivation would you have to say this?

wat
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:50 am

Post by pirate mollie »

holy cow, what is all of this "moliemolliemollie ARGGGHHH WHERE IS MOLLIE!!!!" coming from?

if anybody with half a brain saw me in another game they would have realised that most of the posting on the 4th was to make sure everyone knew that I was v/la. I forgot about this one until the prod which said the d1 had started.

so far:

gm - incompetent stalker. asking questions but either hasn't found anything to really bite into the meat of or just...something. leaning townish though.

marangala - interesting that you know I am v/la but didn't mention it. the "or forget their alignment like me" post is the weirdest fucking post in this game. leaning scummy.

syrana - you didn't seem convinced that yoshi is scum. the vote and then unvote looked convenient and it also looks like scum trying to blend in.

town reads on zach cos his rhythm is townish and yoshi by poe.

swods is null.

VOTE: syrana
whew!
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:55 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 82, pirate mollie wrote:I guess the irony of uber designing the ofc above my "w/e" was somehow lost on you both. wow.

IRONY IS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKED ENGLISH CLASS

In post 85, pirate mollie wrote:gm - incompetent stalker.

Well, uh, there's...

yeah, I got nothing. I get called incompetent a lot on occasion. I'm not, I swear?

town reads on ... yoshi by poe.
swods is null.

How do you have townreads by poe and also null reads? Probably I'm missing something in your thought process but I don't think it makes sense.

In post 84, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 69, goodmorning wrote:
In post 65, zachattack wrote:You're probably town.

What motivation would you have to say this?
wat

Is this an actual question that you want answered? The way he said it was interesting to me.

Come to think of it, is interesting, though I can't quite put my finger on why.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 86, goodmorning wrote:

does that you mean failed?

yeah, I got nothing. I get called incompetent a lot on occasion. I'm not, I swear?

THEN LEARN TO STALK BETTER DO YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU SOME TIPS??? hehe

How do you have townreads by poe and also null reads? Probably I'm missing something in your thought process but I don't think it makes sense.

the null read is not by poe. the poe on yoshi is specific to the speed at which his bw grew for the reasons that were given.

Is this an actual question that you want answered? The way he said it was interesting to me.

you mean no one has ever said, "you're probably town" to you before? :/

well when you figure it out let me know then me you and marangala can have a big powow
Last edited by JasonWazza on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whew!
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Pala »

In post 80, Ms Marangal wrote:Blue Yoshi trying to deflect attention away from me when Syr's initial vote on me was obviously a joke, his self vote makes me uneasy but that's the kind of WIFOM I want to stay away from. a bunch of his posts rub me the wrong way, but figuring out why it does that exactly isn't exactly easy.

But he claimed he wasn't trying to deflect attention away from you, and that he was responding to the flavor rather than the post before his own. Which actually makes sense if you read his post as a response to the "Did they even examine the crime scene?" part in post #25.

Your next point you discredit yourself as WIFOM, and the last just amounts to gut feeling. So basically, the "other stuff" he did is what you see as potential buddying up to you. Do you really think that's what he was trying to do? Given that it Syryana's vote was so obviously a joke vote, why would he try to deflect attention from it?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 85, pirate mollie wrote:holy cow, what is all of this "moliemolliemollie ARGGGHHH WHERE IS MOLLIE!!!!" coming from?

if anybody with half a brain saw me in another game they would have realised that most of the posting on the 4th was to make sure everyone knew that I was v/la. I forgot about this one until the prod which said the d1 had started.

so far:

gm - incompetent stalker. asking questions but either hasn't found anything to really bite into the meat of or just...something. leaning townish though.

marangala - interesting that you know I am v/la but didn't mention it. the "or forget their alignment like me" post is the weirdest fucking post in this game. leaning scummy.

syrana - you didn't seem convinced that yoshi is scum. the vote and then unvote looked convenient and it also looks like scum trying to blend in.

town reads on zach cos his rhythm is townish and yoshi by poe.

swods is null.

VOTE: syrana

you weren't V/LA yet when I asked you to enter the game, and I forgot that you were V/LA, I would have mentioned it if I remembered it. promise. and that forgetting alignment thing is legit shit, both my scum games, I was aware of who my partners were for half the game and thought I was town for the other half of the game.

In post 89, Pala wrote:
In post 80, Ms Marangal wrote:Blue Yoshi trying to deflect attention away from me when Syr's initial vote on me was obviously a joke, his self vote makes me uneasy but that's the kind of WIFOM I want to stay away from. a bunch of his posts rub me the wrong way, but figuring out why it does that exactly isn't exactly easy.

But he claimed he wasn't trying to deflect attention away from you, and that he was responding to the flavor rather than the post before his own. Which actually makes sense if you read his post as a response to the "Did they even examine the crime scene?" part in post #25.

Your next point you discredit yourself as WIFOM, and the last just amounts to gut feeling. So basically, the "other stuff" he did is what you see as potential buddying up to you. Do you really think that's what he was trying to do? Given that it Syryana's vote was so obviously a joke vote, why would he try to deflect attention from it?

I did not discredit myself... unless you are talking about me talking about my shit posting when I'm half-asleep, which is also legit. Yoshi is Null, and so is Syry. he would try to deflect attention from it for town cred, or WK'ing, or Framing a townie, none of which are town motivated.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 56, goodmorning wrote:@zoo: What do you think of people mostly ignoring your "rolefishing" point (29)?

BluYosh's response to my post made sense...as he said he was responding to MOD.. so I’ll leave it alone for now…I’m assuming others saw it that way as well…I am also starting to like BY’s posts btw…

I will say that I did not like Syr’s unvote at all…I had already unvoted on BY bringing him back to L-2 so there should have been no reason for Syr to unvote because of a worried quick-lynch, and his response seems a little too much…he already said he thought he put BY at L-2, so why not just acknowledge the "oops" and leave him there? I have a feeling he knew he was quietly putting BY at L-1 and when he was called on it, he over-reacted…this also makes me feel a little better about BY…

Vote: Syryana
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 87, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 86, goodmorning wrote:
does that you mean failed?

No, I just disliked it.

the null read is not by poe. the poe on yoshi is specific to the speed at which his bw grew for the reasons that were given.

Ahhhhh, a linguistics thing.

you mean no one has ever said, "you're probably town" to you before? :/[/quote]
Welllllll not so early. Usually I have people screaming for my lynch within 2 pages.
As for the "you're probably Town," it looked a bit deliberate.

well when you figure it out let me know then me you and marangala can have a big powow

I was semi-avoiding playing in games with you and that was clearly
the most idiotic decision I have ever made ever

Vote: Syr

This may be a blatant sheepvote but it's a damned decent one.
Last edited by JasonWazza on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

why were you wanting to avoid playing games with me? why have you suddenly decided that it was an idiotic decision?

why is the sheepvote a decent one?

inquiring minds want to know! :P

don't make me stalk you, hehe
whew!
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

also...
@MOD: i will be taking my normal V/LA for the weekend, please...
- Sword of Omens -
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 91, sword_of_omens wrote:
In post 56, goodmorning wrote:@zoo: What do you think of people mostly ignoring your "rolefishing" point (29)?

BluYosh's response to my post made sense...as he said he was responding to MOD.. so I’ll leave it alone for now…I’m assuming others saw it that way as well…I am also starting to like BY’s posts btw…

I will say that I did not like Syr’s unvote at all…I had already unvoted on BY bringing him back to L-2 so there should have been no reason for Syr to unvote because of a worried quick-lynch, and his response seems a little too much…he already said he thought he put BY at L-2, so why not just acknowledge the "oops" and leave him there? I have a feeling he knew he was quietly putting BY at L-1 and when he was called on it, he over-reacted…this also makes me feel a little better about BY…

Vote: Syryana

liking you less now...

but seriously, this flash wagon thing is ridiculous. the only vote on Syr that makes a some sense is Mollie's one, and even then I don't agree with it.

Goodmorning, why put a second person on L-2?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 94, sword_of_omens wrote:also...
@MOD: i will be taking my normal V/LA for the weekend, please...

(There is no reason this should actually matter as a prod is only 48 hours on request)

Edit: i fixed Mollie's Hydra slip to be non-existant.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

oh, before I forget

mod: I'll be gone up to monday
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Syryana »

My, I go take an exam and come back to L-2. Exciting!

For the record, I didn't realize it was L-1 on Yoshi. Felt like a jackass when I saw swords' post; I don't usually do dumb shit like that. I didn't re-vote Yoshi later because I knew I'd be out all day and didn't want to leave my vote on him all night.

However, my flash wagon has had some interesting effects!

In post 91, goodmorning wrote:
Vote: Syr

This may be a blatant sheepvote but it's a damned decent one.

It makes me suspicious when someone who scumhunts actively suddenly decides to sheep.

In post 85, pirate mollie wrote:holy cow, what is all of this "moliemolliemollie ARGGGHHH WHERE IS MOLLIE!!!!" coming from?

Our lives are empty without you, mollie. And I wasn't convinced BY is scum. That's why I flipped a shit after I realized I put him at L-1. I wanted to pressure him certainly, but I wasn't certain enough of my read on him to lynch him on page 3.

Marangal, why does swords' #91 make you like him less?

Swords, do you think it's a scumtell for me to overreact the way I did? Are you familiar with my play?

Mollie, what do you think of BY, Pala, Zach?

Pala, what do you think of my flash wagon?
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 94, Ms Marangal wrote:liking you less now...
but seriously, this flash wagon thing is ridiculous. the only vote on Syr that makes a some sense is Mollie's one, and even then I don't agree with it.

really? you do realize you still owe me for that 1V1 that you screwed me on... :)
tell me what you think about this then:
look at Syr's unvote...he says he thought he was bringing BlueYosh to L-2...he quoted my post where i stated that Yosh went to L-1 and that also included my Unvote...he had to have seen my unvote...so if he was comfortable supposedly putting Yosh at L-2 like he said he was, then why bother with the Holy Crap Unvote!
He even stated that he still thought Yosh was suspect...so again, why the unvote? It seems fake...

PEDIT: @Syr , in the context of the way it was done, yeh..it kinda does...
and no, but i'm assuming that because of the question this means you over-react a lot?
do you do that as both scum and town?
- Sword of Omens -
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Syr over-reacts a shit load as town. he over-reacted in a noobie game and I thought he was town, that noobie game is why I hate him so much. I'm saying this with <3 Syr :P

and HAHAHA sure thing Swords, but it's your fault for trying to 1v1 me in the first place though :P

as for Syr... Meh, he's null not enough for me to want to vote him and get him lynched. I still feel like the reaction is something town like, though I do see your point in him

and I like you less for that vote because it looked like a sheep vote with generic reasoning

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”