Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.1

fferyllt (2)
: havingfitz, unseencamo
MeowMix (1)
: Syryana
unseencamo (1)
: Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog (1)
: DCLXVI
Syryana (1)
: auspicious
Otolia (1)
: MeowMix

No Vote (5)
: Cygnus, fferyllt, onemanrocket, Otolia, Superdeclan

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, April 19 at 5:30pm CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-04-19 17:30:00).
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 24, MeowMix wrote:why's that syr?

Because you've not made a single reference to my RVS joke on you. If you were town, you'd have laughed about it like we did in that newbie game, since half that game was me yelling at you for that joke.

Since you ignored it, that means you don't like the attention, ergo you're scum.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Superdeclan »

Looks like I missed Rvs.

In post 26, Syryana wrote:

Because you've not made a single reference to my RVS joke on you. If you were town, you'd have laughed about it like we did in that newbie game, since half that game was me yelling at you for that joke.

Since you ignored it, that means you don't like the attention, ergo you're scum.

If you yelled at him for the joke all game then he might not want the same to happen this game so is adjusting his playstyle.

@MiaowMix, is what I said true or do you have any other reason to explain that vote?

MeowMix wrote:VOTE: Otolia

french
auspicious wrote:
In post 10, Syryana wrote:My role PM says MeowMix is scum.

VOTE: MeowMix

UNVOTE: MeowMix

VOTE: Syryana

Why the vote change? It's quite clear that he's joking around and people do that all the time
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 am

Post by Superdeclan »

Oh dear, my computer has been going mental recently and doing this :(

Triple-post deleted. ~Zaicon
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 27, Superdeclan wrote:If you yelled at him for the joke all game then he might not want the same to happen this game so is adjusting his playstyle.

@MiaowMix, is what I said true or do you have any other reason to explain that vote?

Newbie 1341

By the end of the game we were laughing about it; MM even claimed cop in jest when the cop was dead. The fact he's not laughing about it now means he's newbscum worried about the attention. If he was town he'd have quoted it and laughed.
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:32 am

Post by MeowMix »

actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Superdeclan »

You mean this?

In post 482, MeowMix wrote:if by good you mean extremely risky and pretty hilarious, then yes I agree

P-edit: VOTE: MeowMix
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:38 am

Post by unseencamo »

In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

Interesting little test by Sry. I don't know how conclusive/accurate the test would, however MM's reaction in ^ this post comes off to me as a complete lie or justification. It's seems incredibly ingenue and not to mention unrealistic do to his join date. I don't think a new player would actually think that deep into an early game action like that when he didn't evenknow the significance of Sry's test most likely until Sry announced it.

Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 32, unseencamo wrote:
In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

Interesting little test by Sry. I don't know how conclusive/accurate the test would, however MM's reaction in ^ this post comes off to me as a complete lie or justification. It's seems incredibly ingenue and not to mention unrealistic do to his join date. I don't think a new player would actually think that deep into an early game action like that when he didn't evenknow the significance of Sry's test most likely until Sry announced it.

^Reasons for my vote if you we're wondering
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:43 am

Post by MeowMix »

@unseencamo, the length of time I've spent here on mafiascum isn't quite an indication of my overall experience playing mafia in general. it may unrealistic, but like how I used it in that newbie game that syr linked to, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave it out in the open and see how people who weren't me dealt with it. tbh I'm not a particularly great scumhunter or townplayer, so I like to do little things like that in order to generate discussion (which it did, so mission accomplished I guess) and force scumslips.

@superdeclan, what does that quote have anything to do with this game?
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 34, MeowMix wrote:@unseencamo, the length of time I've spent here on mafiascum isn't quite an indication of my overall experience playing mafia in general. it may unrealistic, but like how I used it in that newbie game that syr linked to, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave it out in the open and see how people who weren't me dealt with it. tbh I'm not a particularly great scumhunter or townplayer, so I like to do little things like that in order to generate discussion (which it did, so mission accomplished I guess) and
force scumslips

@superdeclan, what does that quote have anything to do with this game?

Syryana was talking about it.

The bolder implies that you've seen a scumslip. please expand
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 am

Post by MeowMix »

@superdeclan, he was talking about the game as a whole, not that post specifically (unless syr comes in and quotes something specifically, in which case, in my face)

and on the bolder, that's more of a generalization, along with creating discussion. we're only on page two and I never learned how to read anyway, so nothing anybody posted has really stood out to me atm.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

There's an actual reason?
I read it and assumed continuing rvs.

I don't like it though, past games should not effect present/future games, but maybe it'd just that I'm outside the in-joke and therefore jealous.

I don't believe ignoring it is a scumtell
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 36, MeowMix wrote:@superdeclan, he was talking about the game as a whole, not that post specifically (unless syr comes in and quotes something specifically, in which case, in my face)

and on the bolder, that's more of a generalization, along with creating discussion. we're only on page two
and I never learned how to read anyway,
so nothing anybody posted has really stood out to me atm.

Syry anyways talking abut joking about it afterwards.

Bolded is noob telling and the @superdeclan, blah blah blah. Is slightly dumbtelling.

P-edit: @cheery, I was asking syryana about it to get him talking. That wasn't a scumtell but what meow said afterwards and his reaction to the test was
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 37, Cheery Dog wrote:

I don't like it though, past games should not effect present/future games, but maybe it'd just that I'm outside the in-joke and therefore jealous.

The original joke was RVS. The fact that MM had a chance to respond and ignored it instead of giving at least a "lol Syr" got my hackles up, so I tested the theory by saying my vote is no longer a joke, but serious. His response in #30 is totally bogus.

The joke itself regards MM making a joke at the start of the Newbie game that said "my role PM says X is scum". By the end of the game he'd actually roleclaimed cop after the cop was dead just to make fun of his original joke. That's what my initial RVS vote was referencing.

More votes on Meow please.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Superdeclan »

I quite like that as an RVS vote.

Also, anyway = was, I hate autocorrect
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:21 am

Post by MeowMix »

In post 39, Syryana wrote:
In post 37, Cheery Dog wrote:

The original joke was RVS. The fact that MM had a chance to respond and ignored it instead of giving at least a "lol Syr" got my hackles up, so I tested the theory by saying my vote is no longer a joke, but serious. His response in #30 is totally bogus.

The joke itself regards MM making a joke at the start of the Newbie game that said "my role PM says X is scum". By the end of the game he'd actually roleclaimed cop after the cop was dead just to make fun of his original joke. That's what my initial RVS vote was referencing.

More votes on Meow please.

syrnana coming at me hard here

okay, I get why you would think me not commenting on it would be scummy, and it's a reasonable deduction, especially considering our previous game together. to say that my response is "bogus" though is rather closed minded, and it's not just you but uncleancamo as well. there was no reason for anybody else in the game besides you or me to know about that joke, and my train of thought, as I explained in was to leave it alive in order to see how other players would react to it. considering the amount of decent discussion it generated last game, there was no reason to blow up your spot and reveal it so quickly, which is why I didn't make anything of it, as even an "lol syr" post would show that there was some history between the two of us.

that last sentence is phrased kinda poorly but the general idea is there
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 38, Superdeclan wrote:

P-edit: @cheery, I was asking syryana about it to get him talking. That wasn't a scumtell but what meow said afterwards and his reaction to the test was

And what meowmix said is what I believe isn't a scumtell.

She didn't follow through with posting what syr thought would be posted, but that's one persons mind of what to expect.
I'm not going to read that game to se how bad it was that it deserved to continue into another game, but leaving it to see how others react is a fine choice for behavior whatever her alignment.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Superdeclan »

I'm not talking at all about meow's posts abut that game. I've talked about his other posts and in his most recent post he is continually making excuses for himself
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 am

Post by unseencamo »

In post 34, MeowMix wrote:I'm not a particularly great scumhunter or townplayer

Dumbtells/noobtells are not attractive.
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:39 am

Post by unseencamo »

In post 34, MeowMix wrote:force scumslips

Kind of ironic, as you slipped yourself.
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:47 am

Post by unseencamo »

In post 41, MeowMix wrote:to say that my response is "bogus" though is rather closed minded

It was too convenient of an excuse and came too late (after sry's clarification). You easily could have thrown that together after seeing sry's "test" reveal. It was too good of an excuse in that it cleared the scummy result from the test and made you seem town for wanting to see reactions to gather information. TOO good to be true, and TOO easy to throw together. That is why it is suspicious.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 43, Superdeclan wrote:I'm not talking at all about meow's posts abut that game. I've talked about his other posts and in his most recent post he is continually making excuses for himself

That doesn't mean he is scum
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 47, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 43, Superdeclan wrote:I'm not talking at all about meow's posts abut that game. I've talked about his other posts and in his most recent post he is continually making excuses for himself

That doesn't mean he is scum

We have differing opinions on him then. I think he is scummy for what came afterwards. Noob and dumbtelling rad scum in my book.

USC also just copied me. Hmmm.... You could have said 'I agree with what Super said about the dumbtelling' but you didn't.

Early scum reads (highest to lowest)
Meow
USC
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:01 am

Post by MeowMix »

@Cheery Dog:

@uncleancamo, concerning , it's more an objective observation based on my past games rather than trying to dumbtell. I'm fairly good at playing scum, but not nearly as strong as a town player. concering I'm not really sure what you mean about "too late." was I supposed to give my rationale for not joking around before syr revealed it wasn't a joke? if so, I already gave my rationale about why I didn't, so yeah.

Return to “Completed Open Games”