Syryana

4/11 players are living.

Spoiler: Dead Players
  • CrashTextDummie, Vanilla Townie
    shot Minimal in error and died day 1.
    fferyllt, Mafia Goon
    was shot by Minimal and died day 2.
    Minimal, Vanilla Townie
    shot JasonWazza in error and died day 3.
    jeremylu, Mafia Goon
    was shot by JasonWazza and died day 4.
    JasonWazza, Vanilla Townie
    shot fuzzybutternut in error and died day 5.
    Ineffective, Mafia Goon
    was shot by fuzzybutternut and died day 6.
    RachMarie, Mafia Goon
    was shot by fuzzybutternut and died day 7, thus ending the game!

7/11 players are dead.

Spoiler: Modkilled Players
  • No one ever, I hope.

V/LA players

• The game is over, it's irrelevant.

Important events

Start of Day 1 CrashTextDummie replaces SodaSpirit17 Nachomamma8 replaces srand End of Day 1
Start of Day 2 JasonWazza replaces Catlord End of Day 2
Start of Day 3 End of Day 3
Start of Day 4 End of Day 4
Start of Day 5 End of Day 5
Start of Day 6 End of Day 6
Start of Day 7 End of Day 7

Postgame info
Last edited by Sanjay on Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 am, edited 62 times in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 am

Post by Sanjay »

Setup

• a. This is an open setup.

b. The following roles have been distributed:

• 7 people have received this PM:

Town PM wrote:Welcome to Open 491: The Popcorn Mafia!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no abilities except your voice and your itchy trigger finger. If only someone would give you A GUN.

You win when every single mafia-aligned player is dead.

The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM once you have read and understand the rules.

4 people have received this PM:

Mafia PM wrote:Welcome to Open 491: The Popcorn Mafia!

You are a Mafia Goon.

You are on a team with XXX, YYY and ZZZ, with whom you can communicate at any time here.

Before the game begins, you must choose a town-aligned player to be THE GUNBEARER.

You win when the number of mafia-aligned players equals or is greater than the number of town-aligned players

The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM once you have read and understand the rules.

c. Before the game starts, the mafia must choose a gunbearer from among living town-aligned players. The gunbearer is publicly announced to the town.

d. Once per day, the gunbearer may target one player to shoot.

e. If the target is mafia, the target dies and a new day begins with the same gunbearer.

f. If the target is town, the gunbearer dies and a new day begins with the target as the new gunbearer.

g. If the gunbearer does not elect to shoot another player by the end of the day, the gunbearer dies, a night begins, and the mafia choose a new gunbearer from among living town-aligned players.

h. The game ends when one faction has achieved their win condition
Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 am

Post by Sanjay »

The Rules

1. General:

• a. No set of rules can anticipate all possibilities. My chief priority is to run a fair, fun, safe game. I reserve the right to amend and retroactively enforce the rules at any time. However, this will only be done in keeping with my chief priority.

b. You are expected to follow sitewide rules. Some of them have been included specifically in this rule set, but you are expected to follow them all. Please review them if you think you need to.

c. If anything seems to be wrong, you want to double-check if something you do is allowed, or you have any questions, please PM me. I will not reveal any information you should not have. You are also welcome to contact me in thread, if appropriate, by addressing me and getting my attention using
    bold letters

2. Rules governing what you can do:

• a. Play towards your win condition.

b. Be civil. Please refrain from personal attacks. Please refrain from homophobic, sexist, racist, transphobic and other derogatory slurs, even in a joking manner. You will get one warning, after which you risk a modkill.

c. Do not talk about the game while it is ongoing anywhere except the game thread if you are alive, the mafia QT if you are alive and in the Mafia, the dead QT if you are dead, and, always, PMs with me.

d. You are dead when you are declared dead, killed or shot by me, the moderator. Until that point you may post anywhere you would normally be able to do so given your alive status.

e. If you are dead, do not post in the game thread or the mafia QT. This means no "bah" posts. Instead, you are welcome to share all disappointment, hopes and aspirations in the dead QT or in a PM to me.

f. Do not discuss other ongoing games in any of the spaces provided for this game.

g.
    Teal
    is my color. Don't use it! More importantly, do not attempt to impersonate me. Further, do not directly quote PM communication from me. You may paraphrase. Remember that you can always contact me to make sure what you are about to do is okay.

3. Game start

• a. Roles will be assigned randomly and distributed by PM.

b. Once roles are sent out, players have 48 hours to confirm via PM before they will be replaced. On confirming, the mafia can start using their QT.

c. The thread will be opened once everyone has confirmed and the mafia has chosen a gunbearer.

4. Shooting/Voting/Lynching

• a. The gunbearer may shoot a player by posting
    Shoot: Player's Name
    in bold letters. Vote tags are unnecessary. The correct or complete spelling of the player's name is unnecessary, but the selected player must be unambiguous. It would be appreciated, but is not necessary, for the gunbearer to PM me when they make their shot to get my attention.

b. Because of the particular design of this game, there is no official voting and no lynching.

c. The town may elect to have me keep a running vote total. The votes have no game effect. If you wish to vote, you may do so by posting
    Vote: Player's Name
    in bold letters. Again, vote tags are unnecessary and the name doesn't have to be correct, merely it must unambiguously refer to one player. If you wish to unvote, you may do so by posting
    Unvote
    or
    Unvote: Player's Name
    . Only explicit unvotes count. If you fail to unvote, you will have multiple votes out. Again, votes have no game effect.

d. I am volunteering to keep a running vote total as a courtesy to you. As a courtesy to me, please do not vote solely for the purpose of giving me extra work to do.

5. Deadlines

• a. The first day will last three weeks or until a shot is made. Each subsequent day will last two weeks or until a shot is made.

b. If the mafia have to choose a new gunbearer, they will have 48 hours to do so. After 48 hours, a new gunbearer will be assigned randomly.

c. A deadline is considered passed when the relevant amount of time lapses, not when the passing is recognized by the moderator. In other words, actions taken after a deadline passes will not be recognized.

d. Deadline extensions will be considered if a player or players request replacement at an inopportune time. Deadline extensions WILL NOT be considered simply because a player otherwise needs replacement, even due to inactivity, the town is inactive/indecisive, or a player is V/LA at an inopportune time.

6. Activity and replacements

• a. By signing up for this game, you agree to be an active participant. Actively participating means, at the very least, you post at least once every 48 hours.

b. Failure to post at least once in a 48 hour period will result in a prod. If the prod is not responded to in 24 hours, the prodded player will be replaced.

c. If a player has not posted at least once in a 24 hour period, you may request a prod on that player via post or PM. This does not replace the prods I will send out automatically for 48 hours of inactivity. Please use this responsibly, and understand that, while greater levels of activity are appreciated, one post every 48 hour period is an acceptable level of activity.

d. If you expect not to be able to actively participate for a limited amount of time, you may declare yourself V/LA by posting in thread (using
    bold letters
    to get my attention) and declaring a time for which you will be V/LA. You may send me a PM as well, but this is not necessary. You will not be penalized or prodded for inactivity during this period. If possible, advanced notice of your V/LA is appreciated. If your V/LA period lasts for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be asked to replace.

e. Any player may ask for a replacement. I understand that we cannot perfectly predict what our time commitments will be. It's okay. You may ask for a replacement in thread with bold letters, or by PM. Once you request replacement, you are out of the game and may no longer participate.

7. Consequences

• a. Failure to follow the rules will result in possible warnings, forced replacements and modkills (with the usual change of win condition to neutral survivor) at my discretion. None of that sounds very fun for me.

b. Following the rules will result in fun for everybody.

8. Credits:

• a) The rule set was created by perusing and heavily borrowing from rulesets put together by Jal, The Acting Method, quadz08, Gorrad, and NumberQ, as well as influence from Vi's Comprehensive Modding Guide for 2010. Thank you very much!

b) Thanks to Maestro for agreeing to be on-call as a back-up mod in case I am unexpectedly unable to fulfill my moderating duties.

c) Thanks to LlamaFluff for being an available and helpful ListMod.
Last edited by Sanjay on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Sanjay »

PMs sent out. Once all players have confirmed and the mafia selects a gunbearer, the thread will open and opening game flavor will be provided.

Much like a bag of lightly buttered popcorn, the flavor will be light, but pleasant.

The deadline to confirm is Saturday, April 13th, 8:00 AM EST, in (expired on 2013-04-13 08:00:00).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Sanjay »

I made an error in sending out the town PM. There was a stray "[/quote]" tag at the end of it. The town PM looks like this:

~~~

Welcome to Open 491: The Popcorn Mafia!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no abilities except your voice and your itchy trigger finger. If only someone would give you A GUN.

You win when every single mafia-aligned player is dead.

[/quote]

~~~

The problematic portion is highlighted in red. Given its early discovery and the intervention of this post, I imagine the negative impact of this error will be zero. If there are any concerns in your mind, please contact me.

Despite the lack of likely harm, however, I sincerely apologize for the mistake.

Talk to you again when you're all confirmed and we have a gunbearer!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Flavor
"They've turned the heat up too much!" a panicked Popcorn Mafia goon cried. "I feel like I'm going to explode!"

The other members of the otherwise fearless gang tried not to give up hope. Still, there was a kernel of truth to what their partner in crime was saying. A simple heist had turned into a fight for their lives. The ever-vigilant town of Redenbacher, OR had fitted each of its citizens with a bulletproof vest that reliably ricocheted bullets back at their shooters. Pretty advanced technology. Now, a mob had formed, looking for blood, and, given the Popcorn Mafia's reign of terror, justice.

Against this town, their trusty
gun
was useless. Worse than useless: its presence only served to implicate them. They could probably take out the mob with pop's secret hand-to-hand fighting techniques, but not while they were outnumbered. Big problems. What to do?

A plan popped into their heads...

"We stealthily slide one of them the gun, infiltrate the town, and convince them all to shoot each other. Then, when the moment is right, we pounce."

Has the Popcorn Mafia discovered an amaizeing way by which they may evert their approaching doom? Or instead will they find themselves not so lightly assaulted? A town this crafty will not be easy to dupe...

Welcome to
Day 1
! The day will end on May 3rd, at 7:30 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-03 19:30:00)

The mafia has chosen
SodaSpirit17
from among all living town-aligned players to be
the gunbearer

Begin!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Syryana »

Soda, you should shoot Minimal or fery.
srand
srand
Goon
srand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by srand »

fery > Minimal
jeremylu
jeremylu
Townie
jeremylu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by jeremylu »

shoot minimal!
Minimal
Minimal
Goon
Minimal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Minimal »

Do it.
Minimal
Minimal
Goon
Minimal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Minimal »

I second that! having us as a gun-bearer would be awesome!
Catlord
Catlord
Goon
Catlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Catlord »

Hello guys. This is my first non-newbie game so please dont hate me :P

Also why are we jumping to shoot someone this soon? shouldn't we try and scum-hunt a bit first?
Role-claim: Stupid Cat
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Well If I had the gun right now I'd shoot jeremylu
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Actually I lied. I wouldn't risk my life on it. but sodaspirit... Sure.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 11, Catlord wrote:Hello guys. This is my first non-newbie game so please dont hate me :P

Also why are we jumping to shoot someone this soon? shouldn't we try and scum-hunt a bit first?

Caution in RVS?

CLEARLY SCUM

VOTE: Catlord
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Hey there RP You gonna help us win again? You were totally fabulous in the last game.

Syrana is probably town though or else really did not pay attention to the game set up lol.... It is kinda like the Kingmaker setup.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by RachMarie »

@ minimal

Why would having you as gunbearer be awesome?

Ineffective
Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Post by Ineffective »

In post 16, RachMarie wrote:@ minimal

Why would having you as gunbearer be awesome?

Becuase shooting is fun and two people are better than one obviously amiright

Seriously tho "shoot me" would be my intro if i was scum. First gut reaction of shooter would be " hes obvious town lets find scum" unless he considered the possibility that the statement could be intended to have that effect
Ineffective
Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Ineffective »

Even if you think you can shoot all three mafia on your lonesome, it doesnt justify asking for shooter to kill himself off and waste a misfire. Not a towny reaction imo
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by Syryana »

RachMarie wrote:Syrana is probably town though or else really did not pay attention to the game set up lol.... It is kinda like the Kingmaker setup.

Me trolling makes me town?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RachMarie
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Hi guys
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Minimal
Minimal
Goon
Minimal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Post by Minimal »

WAI ARE YOU ANSWERING A QUESTION DIRECTED TO US INEFFECTIVE? WE CAN ANSWER THE QUESTION OURSELVES THANKYOUVERYMUCH

@ Rache, because my scum-hunting is awesome and Messiah's scum-dar is pretty fucking awesome as well.

and Messiah didn't enter the game going "shoot me" he entered the game stating that he wouldn't mind being shot at when three other people stated that Soda should shoot us. we he never stated that Soda should shoot him, just reinforcing it. I also never stated that Soda should target us, I said it would be awesome if we were gun bearer but I never made it conditional like you are implying.

Pedit: Hi FFer
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Post by RedPanda »

thanks Rach!

Hopefully Yes. but I'm already crumbling under pressure
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Thanks for clarifying that Mini (hope you dont mind that it is easier for me to type).

PEDIT

LOL RP

RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Okay I lied but Minimal.. hmm...

Return to “Completed Open Games”