6.Aureal - Backup Doc - thrown out of a window Night 2

2.stark - vanilla townie - executed by tribunal Day 2

4.bigAl - vanilla townie - skull crushed Night 3

7.Cogito Ergo Sum - Mafia - executed by tribunal Day 3

1.DrippingGoofball - Cop - stabbed Night 4

10.Lloyd - vanilla townie - shot and pummeled to death Day 4

12.Bacde - mafia roleblocker - died of multiple gunshot wounds Day 5

Town wins!
Last edited by Alexander on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:21 am, edited 35 times in total.
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:39 pm

Post by Alexander »

Stalingrad, September 1942

"For most of the week, we fought over a single apartment block on a rubble-filled street. By the fourth day, over fifty corpses litter the rooms and hallways, and the air is thick with the smell of death. The frontline is a doorway, a narrow corridor, or a shrapnel hole in the ceiling through which a grenade can drop at any moment."

- from a diary found on a body of a German soldier

"Another day of heavy fighting. The Fascist aircrafts bombarded our positions at dawn, and the tanks tried to make a breach at sunrise. At the center we repelled them with grenades and anti-tank rifles, but both flanks collapsed, and now we are encircled. Food and water we have, but running low on ammunition. I overheard the Major saying that if the second line of trenches is broken, he will call for artillery fire on our position. I'm afraid this is the end. If only wish I could hold you one last time."

- from a letter found on a body of a Russian soldier

The grey four-story building on the corner of Communism Avenue and Lenin Square served before the war as the office of the Stalingrad Municipal School Board. As the Wermacht forces approached the city, schools were evacuated, and the services of the School Board were no longer needed. The structure was abandoned, until commanders on both sides realized its strategic importance - the building overlooked the mile-long Communism Avenue, and had direct lines of fire to all the crossing points on the Volga river. The Red Army had to have it to prevent the main German column from crossing the river and spilling into the heart of central Soviet Union, while the Wermacht had to have it for the exact opposite reasons.

For a week or so, the building, criss-crossed by machinegun fire, remained a no-man's land, until, on the night of September 21, 1942, a small group of Soviet soldiers occupied it in a daring break. Armed with only a couple of mortars and anti-tank rifles in addition to their small arms, they have been putting up stiff resistance, and all German attempts to smoke them out with superior firepower proved unsuccessful.

You are those soldiers. You have been defending the building for several days now. Your faces are black with grime, sooth, and clotted blood. Your uniforms are torn and dusty, not to mention the fact that many of you are wearing uniforms scrounged from the bodies of dead enemies. It is no longer possible to distinguish friend from foe - why, you can barely remember your own name - and the Nazis are trying to take advantage of this. It seems that there are infiltrators among you, determined to whittle down your spirit of resistance from the inside. The Fascists must be ferreted out for the resistance to continue.

The rules of engagement are simple: every day, the soldiers may discuss among themselves. Fingers Of Suspicion may be pointed and Votes may be cast. The party found guilty by a majority of votes will stand a tribunal, where there can only be one verdict and one sentence. At sunset, the Fascist infiltrator is executed by one shot to the back of the head.

Rules, as stolen from an amalgamation of other moderators, but mostly MeMe:

Votes
must be in
bold
. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.

2. Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.

3. Tribunal will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any unvotes will not count.

4. You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

5. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.

6. Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. I will allow a single no-content 'bah' post, but that's it.

7. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. Whatever you post, stays on permanent record.

8. Don’t quote any PMs from me. Never post at night. Modkill may ensue.

9. If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. If a choice is optional for your role, I will not make a choice for you. If a choice is mandatory for your role, I will make a random choice for you.

10. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

11. Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part. Be nice to your fellow players and the mod. Make meaningful posts.

12. Townies win condition: ALL FASCIST SCUM ELIMINATED.

- role PMs going out soon. Once you receive yours, please confirm by PM to me (NOT in-thread). If you have a night action to take or a night-talk ability, feel free to do so. Night 1 starts the moment I send your PM, and deadline for night choices is within 60 hours.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have made this game as flavorful as a 'normal' game of mafia can be. Yes, this is a normal game, with normal roles, one in which flavor doesn't dominate mechanics. Attempts to 'break' the game based on flavor are legitimate, but I hardly expect them to be useful. END OF IMPORTANT NOTE.

Update: all role PMs are safely out. You have 60 hours for nighttalk and nightchoices.
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:13 am

Post by Alexander »

You awaken to the morning roll-call, and find one of you is missing. You search the rooms, only to find a gruesome sight. If there was any doubt before, now you know it for sure - the Fascist infiltrators are in your midst. The lifeless body of
Passdog
lies in a pool of blood, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Going over Passdog's belongings, you find an ID card identifying him as Private Ivan Nikolenko from Moscow. He was a loyal Stalinist, albeit a somewhat secretive one. You also find plenty of correspondence in his pockets, although it's not clear who he was corresponding with.

As you commit his body to the damp ground of the cellar, some of you feel a lump in their throat and a tear in the corner of their eye... while others can barely hide a gleeful smile. But who is who? Whom can you trust? How can you tell friend from foe?

Passdog, Town Mason, was killed Night 1.

With 11 alive, it's 6 to send somebody to the tribunal. Game on!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:24 am

Post by bigAl »

Well, to start off I'll
vote: DrippingGoofball

cause she was in the last game I played.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:29 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

There is but one thing I can trust, the great Marx, Lenin and Stalin excepted.

I can trust HoppityFluffballski, the bunny I keep in my generic, communist-issue trench-coat. His little nose twitches from its home in the inside pocket.

He keeps me warm when I queue for bread! He keeps my fingers from freezing in the mind-numbing -40C weather.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:38 am

Perhaps I can leave out excess bagage from old games? Do you think you should, too, bigAl? Haha. We had some fun in the Gulag, didn't we?

HoppityFluffballski's cottontail stiffened when I read him the name of broomhead out loud... all the proof I need.

Vote:broomhead
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:25 am

Post by broomhead »

retaliation vote,
Vote:
only because it's war, and i cannot trust you, especially with one mason down on our side.
BAMB!
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:26 am

Post by broomhead »

oops, i mean
unvote, vote DrippingGoofball
BAMB!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:43 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Random vote: Lloyd

I take it anyone going "Deutschland über alles" is going to get lynched right away and/or modkilled, eh?
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:51 am

Post by Alexander »

Amid explosions and gunfire, the radio is squeaking weakly. The HQ want to congratulate the defenders of Stalingrad on their courageous stand, and also to broadcast your very first vote count:

DrippingGoofball: 2 (bigAl, broomhead)
broomhead: 1 (DrippingGoofball)
Lloyd: 1 (Kelly Chen)

Important note: The HQ does not make mistakes in vote counts. Never. The HQ is infallible. If you see a mistake in the vote count, you must be hallucinating. However, the supreme command of the Red Army cares deeply about the mental health of its soldiers. Any cases of hallucinations should be reported to the HQ ASAP. The best way to reach HQ is by PM'ing the Comrade General Alexander.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:12 am

Note to self: broomhead may be a Trotskyist.

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Aureal »

So we have a dead dog, but no dead bunnies? I feel so gypped. :cry:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:08 am

Post by bigAl »

Well, if we lynch DrippingGoofball, HoppityFluffballski might die...though I personnally kind of like him.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:31 am

I think HoppityFluffballski is trying to tell me that he would trust you, bigAl, to take good care of him should I die in battle. Just a tip... we can never get carrots at foodstore #529, but sometimes they do have some pretty decent cabbage.

The bunny and I look forward to meeting with the other comrades willing to put their lives on the line for Mother Russia.

Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by Poirot »

Checking in...and not random voting. Just checking in.
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by mikehart »

Vote: inHim
as his name is the only name i recognize
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by bigAl »

Don't worry. I'll take care of the rabbit. Hopefully that shouldn't be necessary (unless you're scum, of course).

Anyway, back to the game. I guess we can't do much yet, just waiting for everyone to check in.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by Bacde »

Vote: mikehart
because he made me cry :cry:
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Vote: Bacde
because he / she was the most recent person to vote.
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Alexander »

DrippingGoofball: 2 (bigAl, broomhead)
broomhead: 1 (DrippingGoofball)
Lloyd: 1 (Kelly Chen)
inHimshallibe: 1 (mikehart)
mikehart: 1 (Bacde)
Bacde: 1 (Lloyd)
Not voting: Aureal, Tyfo, Poirot, inHimshallibe

Soldiers inHimshallibe and Tyfo had not reported for duty yet. All soldiers not reporting for duty run the risk of being shipped to another unit while their places are filled with reinforcements.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:04 am

Post by Tyfo »

Vote: inHimshallibe
for not beeing here. -_-
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:24 am

Post by broomhead »

i really hate when its the begining and no one has any information to go on, that really stinks, because i do not know what to do besides random voting
BAMB!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:39 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

broomhead wrote:i really hate when its the begining and no one has any information to go on, that really stinks, because i do not know what to do besides random voting
That's an advantage of replacing into a game already in progress.

Think of it this way: Unless inHim is the only scum in the game, at least one scum has
already posted
. That's something you can work with.

Just to be safe, I'll
unvote: Lloyd
vote: inHimshallibe
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Tyfo »

Will whoever is scum,
please post the next post
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:55 am

Post by bigAl »

Discouraging people to post will only slow down the game more. :wink:

It seems to me a bit unsportsmanshiplike to bandwagon someone who has not even checked in yet. I think that he's the only who hasn't posted yet.

Anyway,
unvote DGB
vote Kelly Chen
mostly to get the game started.

PS: I'm not scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”