, was eviscerated on Day 1
shos, Jerusha,
HERO
, made her last gasp on Day 1.
Calcifer
(Nachomamma8/mastin2 hydra)
, Zapper,
HERO
, was driven out of his mind on Night 1.

Nexus, Captain Amazing,
HERO
, was
[REDACTED]
on Day 2.

StubbsKVM, 4Eyes,
HERO
, was charred to a flaky crisp on Night 2.

Untrod Tripod
(Rep: swordofomens)
, Scarlet Red,
HERO
, was lynched due to mod error on Day 3.
4nxi3ty, KinFlyr,
ALIEN
, was lynched Day 4

Spoiler: The Not-Dead
Mr_Ree (as Lance-a-Lot)
quadz08 (as Rawk)

havingfitz (as Tekkaman V)

JasonWazza (as the Jape) *

LlamaFluff
Aj The Epic
Messiahsrule
(as Miss Leeds)

Nachopappa
Ghostlin
(as Miss Chiff)

PeregrineV
Keybladewielder
(as Awesome Man)

Spoiler: Opening Scene 1

TIME
04/07/2081 11:57:35

He stood atop the roof of the Government Center Tower, fifty stories above the crowd gathered below, in Radioactive Free Plaza. The winds swirled strongly, but he was not concerned; his custom-made grip-feet had more than sufficient grip to ensure the wind wouldn't blow him over the edge. Even if, somehow, he were to fall, the grapple gun attached under his right arm would arrest his fall, and once touching the sides of the building, his gloves and grip-feet would allow him to cling to the wall. Of course, it would take his modestly-superhuman strength and dexterity to climb his way back to the top.

It was no wonder that the public had come to call him the Gecko. Ninja-Acrobat of the Surfaces. Proud member of the Bureau of Superheros. Mutant and Tekka, combined. What wasn't to like?

A female voice spoke through his earpiece. "This is Superhero Central. T-minus two minutes to go-time. All birds, report in."

"This is Bird One, all clear."

"Bird Two, all clear."

"This is Magloricent," drawled a male's bass voice. "Not a thing, Super-S."

Gecko rolled his eyes, hidden behind dark scanshades. "
Bird
Four, all clear."

"Bird Five, all-- hold on."

Gecko immediately looked to his left, at Sunwell Tower. The scanshades zoomed in on Girlgoyle--Bird Five--standing on her perch atop one of the panther/eagle/monkey-shaped gargoyles overlooking the plaza. Her leathery wings, protruding out from her purple skinsuit, stood unfurled and at the ready.

"What's wrong, Bird Five?" Super-S inquired.

"Hold on, Super-S. I thought I saw something near Bird Four's location. Gonna fly by quick and check it out."

"Negative on that flyby, we are at t-minus one, no time. Bird Four, clear your location."

"Roger that, Super-S." Gecko looked down the front of the GCT. "Bird Five, what did you see?"

"I thought I saw someone climbing up the west side of the tower. Whatever it was vanished out of my view."

"How far up?" Gecko started sprinting to the west side of the roof.

"Tenth floor area."

Gecko peered down the west side. "Nothing but glass. Must be Five's eyesight--wait--" His scanshades suddenly highlighted a small section of a fourteenth-floor window and flashed the words "BREACH DETECTED" at him. "Breach detected. Running down to check it out."

"Acknowledged," Super-S replied.

With that, Gecko got on his hands and feet and began skittering down the side of the building as quickly as possible. Absolutely no one was on the ground-street below, though traffic on the e-way, eight stories above the ground, seemed as congested as ever. In any event, no one seemed to notice him scrambling down the side of the Government Center Tower

"T-zero," Super-S announced. "The package is at the podium. Hurry up, Bird Four."

At that moment, speakers positioned all over the city of Refuge blared a monotone, genderless voice saying, "Attention, citizens of the great city-state of Refuge! Attention, citizens of the great city-state of Refuge! Attention, citizens of the great city-state of Refuge!"

Gecko was now at the thirtieth floor and still scrambling madly. Suddenly, his scanshades flashed, "HEAT SOURCE DETECTED" and a blinking red arrow at the bottom of his field of vision. Braking to a halt, he peered through the window indicated. Inside, a woman was bent over a holodesk, with a man standing directly behind her; the scanshades identified the woman as "ANNETTE T. JABBERBANX" and the man as "CLAUDE F. MULGREW". Both had their pants on the flexwood floor, draped around their respective ankles.

They abruptly stopped, looked at Gecko, and scrambled to cover themselves. Grunting disgustedly, Gecko resumed descending the GCT.

"Did you say something, Bird Four?" Super-S asked.

"Oh, nothing. Scanshades picked up a false heat positive."

"You're sure it was a false positive?"

"Uh...yeah. Just two people having close encounters of the human kind."

"Oh...kay, then. Make sure you file an improper use of government time charge when this is done. You know how they get when we don't report things like that."

"Yeah huh."

Finally Gecko reached the location of the breach: a circular section of a window was entirely missing. "I'm at the breach. Looks like a cut-in. Going in." He crawled through the hole and into a hallway.

"Roger that, Bird Four. Um, what floor?"

"Fourteenth. Don't worry, I know the protocol about Floor Thirteen. Anyway, searching for the target."

Speakers within the building spoke, "Citizens of Refuge, your Director of Refuge, Mickel Lenin." Gecko ran across the ceiling, head swiveling left and right to afford the best view for his scanshades. From the intel, he knew this floor should be deserted, its occupants at the viewing balcony on the sixteenth floor. Thus, there should be few, if any, false positives.

"Citizens of Refuge, I greet you," spoke the crisp, feminine voice of Director Mickel Lenin. "Fifty-seven years ago, on the twenty-fourth of March, in the year 2024, an extraterrestrial species commenced their invasion of our planet. Billions of lives were lost in the war that followed, but after seven long, arduous years, in our bleakest hour, we claimed victory over the alien threat."

The scanshades abruptly flashed "UNKNOWN POWER SOURCE DETECTED" and pointed Gecko to the first of several plotted navpoints to take him to the correct room.

"That victory came at the cost of our planet, for our nuclear arsenal was key in destroying the alien threat. Some survived in underground shelters, but many perished at the whims of change that the radiation brought. Our planet will never be as beautiful as the pictures in our archives depict.

"But some emerged from the radiation alive. Alive, but changed. Some used their changes to help restore civil order to those around them. I speak, of course, of the first superheroes, the mutants. Because of them, humanity still lives, and here we stand today, in this great city-state of Refuge."

Gecko climbed left at an intersection, into the hallway with the door to the target room. He didn't need the scanshades to detect the black-suited figure exiting the target room, a mere three meters away; his eyes saw the person readily enough. The dark figure turned to face Gecko; its face was entirely wrapped up in black cloth.

"I figured that it would only be a matter of time before a pawn from the bullshit society appeared," a gruff, metallic voice growled. "Judging by the fact that you are crawling on the ceiling, you must be Gecko."

"Yeah?" Gecko nimbly dropped down to the floor. "And who are you?"

"Call me Teela."

Gecko shook his head. "C'mon, dude, what kind of lousy-arse nickname is that? Alright,
Teela
. Why did you break into the GCT?"

Teela was silent. In the background, Director Lenin's voice droned on, "And so the Tekka superheroes helped build Refuge. However, the enmity between the Mutants and the Tekkas. The radiation-born resented the technology-forged. In 2058, twenty-five years ago, we created the Bureau of Superheroes, in part to bring peace by forcing both sides to continue to work together. A side effect of this law was that any superhero not affiliated with the Bureau of Superheroes was forced to live outside of the safety of our city-state..."

"Bird Four, what's going on?" Super-S demanded to know. "Talk to me!"

Gecko ignored the demand. The "UNKNOWN POWER SOURCE" indicator flashed consistently in Gecko's vision as he stared at Teela. "Not going to answer? Very well, then. I guess I'll just have to go in that room and see what you've put in there."

Teela stood resolutely in front of the door. "I will not let you do that."

In less than a moment the sliver gun holstered at Gecko's right hip appeared in his left hand. "You don't have a choice in the matter. You have five seconds to get out of--"

Without warning, Teela launched herself off the door and rolled-cartwheeled across the floor, towards Gecko. He pulled the trigger--and immediately the scanshades flashed the word "JAMMED" at the top of his vision. Grunting, he tossed the gun aside and, with a vocal command, extended the short blade concealed atop his left arm. As the black bundle of acrobatic energy called Teela came close to him, he stepped in and sliced at her.

He missed. Again, and again, and yet again...

Unheeded by either of them, Director Lenin's voice continued, "Thus, we have come to an important crossroads: do we allow the so-called "Outcast Superheroes" entry into Refuge? It may seem cruel of us to exclude a certain type of people from our city-state, but consider this: after the creation of the Bureau of Superheroes, supervillain crimes within the city proper fell to less than five percent of all total crimes per year. Compare that to the thirty-nine percent
average
endured by our city prior to the Bureau..."

Gecko somehow found himself lying on his back, his scanshades cracked and useless. Angrily he grabbed them and hurled them away from his face. His crimson eyes glared at Teela, standing above him at his feet, holding his sliver gun. "You're blind. How did you--"

"I am not blind. I am one of the few that can actually see."

"Oh, really? You think you've beaten me, little cur? This isn't over!"

"Amusing," Teela replied. "You sounded like a supervillian for a moment. Fitting, I suppose." With that, she turned around and ran off down the hall.

"Get back here!" Gecko growled, leaping to his feet and dashing after Teela. "Super-S, we have a bogey, repeat, a bogey! Pursuing now!"

"...now that you have seen how much better our life is now," said Lenin, "do you think we should risk the stability of the many for the pleasure of the few? Absolutely not!"

Teela whirled down a corridor to the right, Gecko hot in pursuit. At the end of the corridor was another wall-sized window; no other exits were present. Just barely ahead of Gecko's outstretched hands, raised his sliver gun and aimed it at the window.

"It won't work, you know!" Gecko hollered. "It's built to only respond to my touch! You're trapped"

Said Lenin, "Thus, I now announce the decision of the Board of Refuge:"

Teela pulled the trigger.

"Rule 901.b.7 will be upheld."

Microslivers of aluminum, repelled by electromagnetic force, spat forth from the muzzle of the sliver gun and impacted the window, shattering it into thousands of pieces.

"The outcast heroes will
not
be allowed access to Refuge, not even if they wish to join our Bureau of Superheroes."

Tossing the sliver gun aside, Teela bolted for the splintered window and leapt out, arms and legs outstretched.

"Even if they wish to join the Bureau, they cannot enter Refuge."

Desperate, Gecko extended his right arm, intending to grapple Teela and use his strength to keep both of them from falling.

"Thus the Board of Refuge have spoken!"

"Cazzo che merda!" Teela yelled. "Cazzo che merda!"

And with those words Gecko suddenly found himself accosted by two incredible sensations of force: one on his backside, ripping his grip-feet off of the floor and sending him tumbling headlong out the window; the other on his frontside, a solid, violent impact that completely arrested his movement. Where they came from and what they meant were things he was not able to resolve before his mind succumbed to the blackness...

Spoiler: Opening Scene 2
Testing, testing, one, dos, trey. Eh, whatever.

I've never really been one to do this kind of stuff, voxing my thoughts and all that. I like living in the moment. But what the hell, I'm bored. And fuck censorship, I'm fucking tired of "fruitcaking" this and "bullsnapping" that. Whatever made swearing so damn impolite, anyway? Motherfucker.

I'm off-topic. Well, technically, I'm just capturing my rambling thoughts so I'm not really off-topic, but...yeah.

Three months. That's how long it's been since I've been out of the hospital. Three months at home on "medical leave". Everyone knows what that really means. I'm being washed out. Forgotten about. I can't really blame them, I did fail to stop Teela, after all. She--it, he, what the fuck-ever--is nowhere to be found, says the news. The news also likes to critique my handling of the situation. What else could I have done? That bomb would have gone off anyway, I couldn't have done a thing. Demo isn't my expertise, anyway.

That's one problem with being a superhero. People expect you to be super at everything, even when that's just not possible.

I hate Teela. Teela is fucking up my life.

I'm done for, aren't I. No way I can be a superhero after all that--

*beep beep*

Oh hey, speak of the devil. It's the Superchief, probably calling to tell me I'm being retired. Heh.

I'll get back to this thing later.

The Supertower, 104th Floor

TIME
07/21/2081 15:13:20

The reception area of the Superchief's office was vacant. On the secretary's chrome desk rested a wooden sign that read: "Make yourself comfortable. I'll be back like the Flash."

Sighing, Gecko trudged out of the elevator cab and stood next to the set of three plush chairs arranged in front of the wall-sized window. At one hundred and four stories tall, the Supertower was easily the tallest building in all of Refuge. From this lofty vantage point, the whole of the city part of the city-state was within Gecko's view, and he gazed out upon it. The glass was smudged slightly; it must have been awhile since last it had been cleaned.

On his right, a door slid open silently; a short, blonde-haired man strode through, wearing a pink tuxedo-like suit. "Enjoying the view, Mr. Gecko?" he asked demurely.

Gecko turned to look at the man. "You should get on the cleaning staff, Flashion," he responded. "I'd never have left the window in this state back when I was up there, washing these windows."

"I'll be sure to tell them of your concerns," Flashion said, taking a seat behind the desk. "I like your new suit, by the way. I've always thought your uniform would look better if black were the primary color and green the accents. It's like little veins of emerald traversing a sea of ebony. Goes well with your little gecko symbol."

"Uh, whatever. You still look terrible in pink."

"The fashion world disagrees with you on that one. But enough small talk. The Superchief is ready to see you, now."

"Good. The lower half of your shirt's untucked a little, by the way."

Flashion looked down. "So it is." He shoved the unruly folds down into his pants. "Thank you. I don't always notice."

Gecko shrugged and walked up to the doorway Flashion had just come through; the door slid left for him, and he made his entrance.

The office of the Superchief was massive. It easily encompassed the space of at least twelve offices like the one Gecko had in the Supertower. All of the walls, save the one directly behind him, were glass; the light of the afternoon sun shone straight through the room, casting long, leftward shadows. The floor was shiny white, yet comfortably gave way to Gecko's gecko-footed feet as he made his way across. At the center of this gargantuan expanse was a semi-circular desk, with a single curved computer monitor affixed atop it; the back of this faced Gecko, so he ambled around the desk and saw a black-armored, black-skinned man, with a blue "S" emblazoned on his chest, reclining back in his comfortable-looking black swivel chair.

"Hello, Superchief," Gecko said, standing just to the side of the huge desk.

The Superchief rotated himself to face Gecko. "Hey, Gecko! What's up, man?"

"Just been on medical leave. You know. For three months."

"True, that. You ready to get back to work?"

"I've been ready for months, sir. Just give me the word."

The Superchief smiled. "Excellent! I have just the thing for you." He cleared his throat. "Arn, please bring up that little presentation I made for Gecko." He beckoned to Gecko with his hand. "Come here, boy, let me show you something."

Gecko stepped around to look at the monitor, and saw a picture of--

"Teela," he stated flatly.

"Good, you remember."

"As if I could forget."

"Anyway, it's been a few months since that bombing incident, yet our little friend here is nowhere to be found."

"That won't be true for long. All that bomb did was property damage; no one was killed. Teela will be back to make a bigger statement."

"I know. Obviously, the best thing for us to do is catch the little dog whore before she--he, it , whatever--can cause Refuge serious harm."

"I'm assuming that hasn't happened, yet? You would have had it plastered all over the news, otherwise."

The Superchief ran a hand across his smooth head. "Correct. We've scoured the entire city-state, but without success. That can only mean one thing--"

"Teela's outside Refuge. Beyond the border."

"Yes. We've got the Trench, and our border cannons are extremely efficient...but there are plenty of tunnels. Even if we found all the natural entrances, it's not that hard for a determined person to forge their own way in. Thus, it is most likely that our little black-swathed, genderless friend is hiding out beyond the border. That leaves us with one choice..."

The Superchief stared at Gecko. "You mean someone has to go out there? Into the dirty zone?"

"That's exactly what I mean. Although it needs to be a team of people rather than one man alone. You know what Teela did to you, and...well, you're one of our best. So that's saying something."

"Can we survive beyond the border? The radation out there is still dangerously high."

"We've taken care of that. You can find the particulars in the briefing files. Which reminds me that I still haven't told you why I had you meet me. I'm sure you can take a guess, however."

"You want me to lead this team."

"Yes. You're the most qualified superhero to deal with Teela, you're the only one that has fought Teela. But, since it
is
a dangerous operation...you have a choice. I want you, but you can say no--"

"No need, sir. I'll do it."

The Superchief gave Gecko a thumbs-up. "Good man. Now, this presentation I've made for you will give you the gist of this operation, but like I said, the details are in the files. Let's start with an overview of your team...
Last edited by Haylen on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 41 times in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

REVENGE, REFUGE, AND THE REAL BS: CONFESSIONS OF A SUPERHERO
BY SAINTKERRIGAN

Spoiler: Opening Scene 1

TIME
04/07/2081 11:57:35

He stood atop the roof of the Government Center Tower, fifty stories above the crowd gathered below, in Radioactive Free Plaza. The winds swirled strongly, but he was not concerned; his custom-made grip-feet had more than sufficient grip to ensure the wind wouldn't blow him over the edge. Even if, somehow, he were to fall, the grapple gun attached under his right arm would arrest his fall, and once touching the sides of the building, his gloves and grip-feet would allow him to cling to the wall. Of course, it would take his modestly-superhuman strength and dexterity to climb his way back to the top.

It was no wonder that the public had come to call him the Gecko. Ninja-Acrobat of the Surfaces. Proud member of the Bureau of Superheros. Mutant and Tekka, combined. What wasn't to like?

A female voice spoke through his earpiece. "This is Superhero Central. T-minus two minutes to go-time. All birds, report in."

"This is Bird One, all clear."

"Bird Two, all clear."

"This is Magloricent," drawled a male's bass voice. "Not a thing, Super-S."

Gecko rolled his eyes, hidden behind dark scanshades. "
Bird
Four, all clear."

"Bird Five, all-- hold on."

Gecko immediately looked to his left, at Sunwell Tower. The scanshades zoomed in on Girlgoyle--Bird Five--standing on her perch atop one of the panther/eagle/monkey-shaped gargoyles overlooking the plaza. Her leathery wings, protruding out from her purple skinsuit, stood unfurled and at the ready.

"What's wrong, Bird Five?" Super-S inquired.

"Hold on, Super-S. I thought I saw something near Bird Four's location. Gonna fly by quick and check it out."

"Negative on that flyby, we are at t-minus one, no time. Bird Four, clear your location."

"Roger that, Super-S." Gecko looked down the front of the GCT. "Bird Five, what did you see?"

"I thought I saw someone climbing up the west side of the tower. Whatever it was vanished out of my view."

"How far up?" Gecko started sprinting to the west side of the roof.

"Tenth floor area."

Gecko peered down the west side. "Nothing but glass. Must be Five's eyesight--wait--" His scanshades suddenly highlighted a small section of a fourteenth-floor window and flashed the words "BREACH DETECTED" at him. "Breach detected. Running down to check it out."

"Acknowledged," Super-S replied.

With that, Gecko got on his hands and feet and began skittering down the side of the building as quickly as possible. Absolutely no one was on the ground-street below, though traffic on the e-way, eight stories above the ground, seemed as congested as ever. In any event, no one seemed to notice him scrambling down the side of the Government Center Tower

"T-zero," Super-S announced. "The package is at the podium. Hurry up, Bird Four."

At that moment, speakers positioned all over the city of Refuge blared a monotone, genderless voice saying, "Attention, citizens of the great city-state of Refuge! Attention, citizens of the great city-state of Refuge! Attention, citizens of the great city-state of Refuge!"

Gecko was now at the thirtieth floor and still scrambling madly. Suddenly, his scanshades flashed, "HEAT SOURCE DETECTED" and a blinking red arrow at the bottom of his field of vision. Braking to a halt, he peered through the window indicated. Inside, a woman was bent over a holodesk, with a man standing directly behind her; the scanshades identified the woman as "ANNETTE T. JABBERBANX" and the man as "CLAUDE F. MULGREW". Both had their pants on the flexwood floor, draped around their respective ankles.

They abruptly stopped, looked at Gecko, and scrambled to cover themselves. Grunting disgustedly, Gecko resumed descending the GCT.

"Did you say something, Bird Four?" Super-S asked.

"Oh, nothing. Scanshades picked up a false heat positive."

"You're sure it was a false positive?"

"Uh...yeah. Just two people having close encounters of the human kind."

"Oh...kay, then. Make sure you file an improper use of government time charge when this is done. You know how they get when we don't report things like that."

"Yeah huh."

Finally Gecko reached the location of the breach: a circular section of a window was entirely missing. "I'm at the breach. Looks like a cut-in. Going in." He crawled through the hole and into a hallway.

"Roger that, Bird Four. Um, what floor?"

"Fourteenth. Don't worry, I know the protocol about Floor Thirteen. Anyway, searching for the target."

Speakers within the building spoke, "Citizens of Refuge, your Director of Refuge, Mickel Lenin." Gecko ran across the ceiling, head swiveling left and right to afford the best view for his scanshades. From the intel, he knew this floor should be deserted, its occupants at the viewing balcony on the sixteenth floor. Thus, there should be few, if any, false positives.

"Citizens of Refuge, I greet you," spoke the crisp, feminine voice of Director Mickel Lenin. "Fifty-seven years ago, on the twenty-fourth of March, in the year 2024, an extraterrestrial species commenced their invasion of our planet. Billions of lives were lost in the war that followed, but after seven long, arduous years, in our bleakest hour, we claimed victory over the alien threat."

The scanshades abruptly flashed "UNKNOWN POWER SOURCE DETECTED" and pointed Gecko to the first of several plotted navpoints to take him to the correct room.

"That victory came at the cost of our planet, for our nuclear arsenal was key in destroying the alien threat. Some survived in underground shelters, but many perished at the whims of change that the radiation brought. Our planet will never be as beautiful as the pictures in our archives depict.

"But some emerged from the radiation alive. Alive, but changed. Some used their changes to help restore civil order to those around them. I speak, of course, of the first superheroes, the mutants. Because of them, humanity still lives, and here we stand today, in this great city-state of Refuge."

Gecko climbed left at an intersection, into the hallway with the door to the target room. He didn't need the scanshades to detect the black-suited figure exiting the target room, a mere three meters away; his eyes saw the person readily enough. The dark figure turned to face Gecko; its face was entirely wrapped up in black cloth.

"I figured that it would only be a matter of time before a pawn from the bullshit society appeared," a gruff, metallic voice growled. "Judging by the fact that you are crawling on the ceiling, you must be Gecko."

"Yeah?" Gecko nimbly dropped down to the floor. "And who are you?"

"Call me Teela."

Gecko shook his head. "C'mon, dude, what kind of lousy-arse nickname is that? Alright,
Teela
. Why did you break into the GCT?"

Teela was silent. In the background, Director Lenin's voice droned on, "And so the Tekka superheroes helped build Refuge. However, the enmity between the Mutants and the Tekkas. The radiation-born resented the technology-forged. In 2058, twenty-five years ago, we created the Bureau of Superheroes, in part to bring peace by forcing both sides to continue to work together. A side effect of this law was that any superhero not affiliated with the Bureau of Superheroes was forced to live outside of the safety of our city-state..."

"Bird Four, what's going on?" Super-S demanded to know. "Talk to me!"

Gecko ignored the demand. The "UNKNOWN POWER SOURCE" indicator flashed consistently in Gecko's vision as he stared at Teela. "Not going to answer? Very well, then. I guess I'll just have to go in that room and see what you've put in there."

Teela stood resolutely in front of the door. "I will not let you do that."

In less than a moment the sliver gun holstered at Gecko's right hip appeared in his left hand. "You don't have a choice in the matter. You have five seconds to get out of--"

Without warning, Teela launched herself off the door and rolled-cartwheeled across the floor, towards Gecko. He pulled the trigger--and immediately the scanshades flashed the word "JAMMED" at the top of his vision. Grunting, he tossed the gun aside and, with a vocal command, extended the short blade concealed atop his left arm. As the black bundle of acrobatic energy called Teela came close to him, he stepped in and sliced at her.

He missed. Again, and again, and yet again...

Unheeded by either of them, Director Lenin's voice continued, "Thus, we have come to an important crossroads: do we allow the so-called "Outcast Superheroes" entry into Refuge? It may seem cruel of us to exclude a certain type of people from our city-state, but consider this: after the creation of the Bureau of Superheroes, supervillain crimes within the city proper fell to less than five percent of all total crimes per year. Compare that to the thirty-nine percent
average
endured by our city prior to the Bureau..."

Gecko somehow found himself lying on his back, his scanshades cracked and useless. Angrily he grabbed them and hurled them away from his face. His crimson eyes glared at Teela, standing above him at his feet, holding his sliver gun. "You're blind. How did you--"

"I am not blind. I am one of the few that can actually see."

"Oh, really? You think you've beaten me, little cur? This isn't over!"

"Amusing," Teela replied. "You sounded like a supervillian for a moment. Fitting, I suppose." With that, she turned around and ran off down the hall.

"Get back here!" Gecko growled, leaping to his feet and dashing after Teela. "Super-S, we have a bogey, repeat, a bogey! Pursuing now!"

"...now that you have seen how much better our life is now," said Lenin, "do you think we should risk the stability of the many for the pleasure of the few? Absolutely not!"

Teela whirled down a corridor to the right, Gecko hot in pursuit. At the end of the corridor was another wall-sized window; no other exits were present. Just barely ahead of Gecko's outstretched hands, raised his sliver gun and aimed it at the window.

"It won't work, you know!" Gecko hollered. "It's built to only respond to my touch! You're trapped"

Said Lenin, "Thus, I now announce the decision of the Board of Refuge:"

Teela pulled the trigger.

"Rule 901.b.7 will be upheld."

Microslivers of aluminum, repelled by electromagnetic force, spat forth from the muzzle of the sliver gun and impacted the window, shattering it into thousands of pieces.

"The outcast heroes will
not
be allowed access to Refuge, not even if they wish to join our Bureau of Superheroes."

Tossing the sliver gun aside, Teela bolted for the splintered window and leapt out, arms and legs outstretched.

"Even if they wish to join the Bureau, they cannot enter Refuge."

Desperate, Gecko extended his right arm, intending to grapple Teela and use his strength to keep both of them from falling.

"Thus the Board of Refuge have spoken!"

"Cazzo che merda!" Teela yelled. "Cazzo che merda!"

And with those words Gecko suddenly found himself accosted by two incredible sensations of force: one on his backside, ripping his grip-feet off of the floor and sending him tumbling headlong out the window; the other on his frontside, a solid, violent impact that completely arrested his movement. Where they came from and what they meant were things he was not able to resolve before his mind succumbed to the blackness...

Spoiler: Opening Scene 2
Testing, testing, one, dos, trey. Eh, whatever.

I've never really been one to do this kind of stuff, voxing my thoughts and all that. I like living in the moment. But what the hell, I'm bored. And fuck censorship, I'm fucking tired of "fruitcaking" this and "bullsnapping" that. Whatever made swearing so damn impolite, anyway? Motherfucker.

I'm off-topic. Well, technically, I'm just capturing my rambling thoughts so I'm not really off-topic, but...yeah.

Three months. That's how long it's been since I've been out of the hospital. Three months at home on "medical leave". Everyone knows what that really means. I'm being washed out. Forgotten about. I can't really blame them, I did fail to stop Teela, after all. She--it, he, what the fuck-ever--is nowhere to be found, says the news. The news also likes to critique my handling of the situation. What else could I have done? That bomb would have gone off anyway, I couldn't have done a thing. Demo isn't my expertise, anyway.

That's one problem with being a superhero. People expect you to be super at everything, even when that's just not possible.

I hate Teela. Teela is fucking up my life.

I'm done for, aren't I. No way I can be a superhero after all that--

*beep beep*

Oh hey, speak of the devil. It's the Superchief, probably calling to tell me I'm being retired. Heh.

I'll get back to this thing later.

The Supertower, 104th Floor

TIME
07/21/2081 15:13:20

The reception area of the Superchief's office was vacant. On the secretary's chrome desk rested a wooden sign that read: "Make yourself comfortable. I'll be back like the Flash."

Sighing, Gecko trudged out of the elevator cab and stood next to the set of three plush chairs arranged in front of the wall-sized window. At one hundred and four stories tall, the Supertower was easily the tallest building in all of Refuge. From this lofty vantage point, the whole of the city part of the city-state was within Gecko's view, and he gazed out upon it. The glass was smudged slightly; it must have been awhile since last it had been cleaned.

On his right, a door slid open silently; a short, blonde-haired man strode through, wearing a pink tuxedo-like suit. "Enjoying the view, Mr. Gecko?" he asked demurely.

Gecko turned to look at the man. "You should get on the cleaning staff, Flashion," he responded. "I'd never have left the window in this state back when I was up there, washing these windows."

"I'll be sure to tell them of your concerns," Flashion said, taking a seat behind the desk. "I like your new suit, by the way. I've always thought your uniform would look better if black were the primary color and green the accents. It's like little veins of emerald traversing a sea of ebony. Goes well with your little gecko symbol."

"Uh, whatever. You still look terrible in pink."

"The fashion world disagrees with you on that one. But enough small talk. The Superchief is ready to see you, now."

"Good. The lower half of your shirt's untucked a little, by the way."

Flashion looked down. "So it is." He shoved the unruly folds down into his pants. "Thank you. I don't always notice."

Gecko shrugged and walked up to the doorway Flashion had just come through; the door slid left for him, and he made his entrance.

The office of the Superchief was massive. It easily encompassed the space of at least twelve offices like the one Gecko had in the Supertower. All of the walls, save the one directly behind him, were glass; the light of the afternoon sun shone straight through the room, casting long, leftward shadows. The floor was shiny white, yet comfortably gave way to Gecko's gecko-footed feet as he made his way across. At the center of this gargantuan expanse was a semi-circular desk, with a single curved computer monitor affixed atop it; the back of this faced Gecko, so he ambled around the desk and saw a black-armored, black-skinned man, with a blue "S" emblazoned on his chest, reclining back in his comfortable-looking black swivel chair.

"Hello, Superchief," Gecko said, standing just to the side of the huge desk.

The Superchief rotated himself to face Gecko. "Hey, Gecko! What's up, man?"

"Just been on medical leave. You know. For three months."

"True, that. You ready to get back to work?"

"I've been ready for months, sir. Just give me the word."

The Superchief smiled. "Excellent! I have just the thing for you." He cleared his throat. "Arn, please bring up that little presentation I made for Gecko." He beckoned to Gecko with his hand. "Come here, boy, let me show you something."

Gecko stepped around to look at the monitor, and saw a picture of--

"Teela," he stated flatly.

"Good, you remember."

"As if I could forget."

"Anyway, it's been a few months since that bombing incident, yet our little friend here is nowhere to be found."

"That won't be true for long. All that bomb did was property damage; no one was killed. Teela will be back to make a bigger statement."

"I know. Obviously, the best thing for us to do is catch the little dog whore before she--he, it , whatever--can cause Refuge serious harm."

"I'm assuming that hasn't happened, yet? You would have had it plastered all over the news, otherwise."

The Superchief ran a hand across his smooth head. "Correct. We've scoured the entire city-state, but without success. That can only mean one thing--"

"Teela's outside Refuge. Beyond the border."

"Yes. We've got the Trench, and our border cannons are extremely efficient...but there are plenty of tunnels. Even if we found all the natural entrances, it's not that hard for a determined person to forge their own way in. Thus, it is most likely that our little black-swathed, genderless friend is hiding out beyond the border. That leaves us with one choice..."

The Superchief stared at Gecko. "You mean someone has to go out there? Into the dirty zone?"

"That's exactly what I mean. Although it needs to be a team of people rather than one man alone. You know what Teela did to you, and...well, you're one of our best. So that's saying something."

"Can we survive beyond the border? The radation out there is still dangerously high."

"We've taken care of that. You can find the particulars in the briefing files. Which reminds me that I still haven't told you why I had you meet me. I'm sure you can take a guess, however."

"You want me to lead this team."

"Yes. You're the most qualified superhero to deal with Teela, you're the only one that has fought Teela. But, since it
is
a dangerous operation...you have a choice. I want you, but you can say no--"

"No need, sir. I'll do it."

The Superchief gave Gecko a thumbs-up. "Good man. Now, this presentation I've made for you will give you the gist of this operation, but like I said, the details are in the files. Let's start with an overview of your team...

Spoiler: Opening Scene 3
How strange, the sudden reversal of my fortunes. This morning, I awoke with little hope of being a superhero ever again. Now, I don my suit and scanshades as the appointed leader of the superteam tasked to track down and capture the villainous Teela.

We depart beyond the border tomorrow morning. That's awfully fast, but considering that Teela could be anywhere out there, plotting something more dangerous than a bomb in the blast-resistant GCT, I guess it's imperative that we catch the son of a bitch as soon as possible.

The selection of team members seems okay, if a little underwhelming. From what I can tell, they've been culled from the lesser known superheroes; the only hero of some note is Captain Amazing. And Tekkaman V, I guess, though I've never cared much for actor-heroes. Fucking drama queens.

Anyway, there's a gala being put on tonight, both for the ten of us heroes to start interacting with each other, and to announce our mission to the public eye of Refuge. I'm kind of running late, actually. There's just one more thing I need to vox, though:

I didn't take this mission to bring Teela to justice. I took this mission to pay Teela back for all the misery that's been heaped on me. The M.O. says to take Teela alive...but I'm not sure, if I had the chance...it doesn't matter. One way or another, Teela won't fucking escape this time.

I'm going to be late, dammit.

Radioactive Free Plaza

TIME
07/21/2081 21:01:06

The last rays of crimson light from the sun bounced their way through the myriad dust and air molecules hanging around in the Earth's atmosphere, gently bathing the large throng of people gathered in Radioactive Free Plaza. Portable lights also cast their harsh glow on the scene, with all the multiplex colors of the rainbow represented. Loudspeakers blasted the noises of a multi-instrument band on the plaza's central dais, a form of music that resembled the shrill sounds of a dying lab rat mixed with the resplendent rumblings of a softly-flowing creek, with a nasal, gutteral voice incoherently wheezing depressive-sounding lyrics atop it. Some of the people, mostly the ones near the stage, danced by themselves and with each other atop the soft, chartreuse grass, in ways that went far beyond being suggestive; only the presence of clothing on their bodies kept the dancing from becoming an outright orgy.

At the edge of this particular crowd stood two superheroes. One wore a green skinsuit, his face covered by a hood except for the green eyes, thick-lipped mouth, and buttcheek jaw; the other, a red-haired, blue-eyed woman sporting a sleeveless leotard with elbow-length gloves and knee-high boots, all colored a dark shade of scarlet.

"Can't you feel that beat, pulsating through your beautifully-delicate veins?" the man shouted to the woman, over the raucous volume of the band. "Doesn't it make you want to rip all your clothes off and do the hokey pokey?"

The woman shuddered. "I don't like crowds," she bellowed back. "Too much noise."

"Then why'd you come to a party, then? Huh, huh?" The man glanced down at a rather prominent bulge in between his legs, then back at the woman. "Or maybe you just wanted to see my
awesomeness
in person. The vids don't really do it justice, you know."

"Awesome Man is nothing but a outdated Tekka relic." The woman crossed her arms underneath her amply-sized bosom. "Why would I even think of the idea?"

Awesome Man shrugged and chuckled. "Hey, I just thought you might be interested in having fun with people that aren't bad guys, for once--"

"Mother
Earth
!" The woman whirled away from Awesome Man and all but stomped away.

From a distance, a tall man, his shaved head covered by a large, wide-brimmed black fedora, observed the interactions of the scarlet-clad superhero and Awesome Man. He pulled the sides of his tan trench coat together as the first chills of night visited the plaza. "Oh, Scarlet Red," he murmured. "You never were one to handle insults well."

Suddenly, he whirled around in time to see a short, skinny blonde girl in a red leotard, solid blue leggings, shiny silver boots and gloves, and white scanshades reaching toward his hat. He deftly brushed her arm to the side. "Is that really the best use of your time, Leeds? Trying to steal my hat?"

The girl giggled. "Don't you see what's happening, 4Eyes?"

"I have no idea of what you're talking about."

"Show him, Chiff!"

"With pleasure," replied a girl directly behind 4Eyes as she removed the hat from his head, revealing the closed eyes on the back of his head.

"Hey!" 4Eyes exclaimed, whirling to face Chiff. "Give that back!"

Chiff laughed and, tossing the hat into the air, cartwheeled to stand next to Leeds, catching the hat as she finished the roll. She was attired almost exactly as Leeds but for having a blue leotard and red leggings; otherwise, even down to the shoulder-length blonde hair, the two young women looked so similar it was unnerving. A small crowd now watched the unfolding events, some with laughter, some with scowls, the rest with curious indifference.

4Eyes sighed. "Such maturity from the Miss Twins. You know that's why you two aren't taken seriously as superheroes, right?"

"Oh, lighten up, 4Eyes," Chiff laughed airily. "You're way too uptight."

"I get migraines if I don't cover my second eyes, dogspit it!"

"Oh, fine." Chiff handed the hat to Leeds, who tossed it at 4Eyes. Just as he reached out to seize the hat, it flew backwards in the air back to Leeds' hand.

All four of 4Eyes' eyes flew wide open. "Dodgam you!"

Both girls laughed uproariously. "Sorry...I couldn't...resist...using one of my toys," Leeds gasped out between peals of laughter, holding out the hat. 4Eyes yanked the hat from her hand, whirled around, and disappeared into the crowd.

Nearby, a small group of men and women, all dressed in glittery yellow jackets with the word "REPORTER" emblazoned on the back in jet black letters, stood gathered around a humanoid-shaped collection of hexagonal dull gray plates. Atop the shoulder area was an egg-shaped protrusion, extending upward; on the center of the front of the egg-head was a band of red light, with a speaker-like circle just below that. Within the red band of light was a short white dot, and this zoomed back and forth across the band, seemingly focusing on whichever reporter was speaking at the time.

"Tekkaman V!" called one of the female reporters, this one having the distinction of wearing pants that left one to wonder whether she was even wearing underwear or not. "Patty Long for
Refuge Radical
, here. How will this mission you will be joining affect your availability for the new Tekkaman movie?"

The white dot zoomed to her. A deep, metallic male voice spoke, as though speaking over a radio: "Well, Patty, considering all the major scenes have been filmed thus far, it shouldn't cause any trouble at all. If, for some reason, I won't be available, I'm sure a replica suit and a double can be employed."

Another woman, this one with her short hair half-green and half-purple, raised her recording device at the metal-clad man. "Tekkaman, Bunny Springs, of
The Supertabs
. Recently, director A.A. Jaybrims hinted that Tekkaman will do something never before done in a Tekkaman film: explicit sexual intercourse. Can you confirm that?"

"I can't confirm or deny anything about
Tekkaman 16
, Bunny, but if you want to see Tekkaman performing live sexual intercourse, you know where my penthouse is." At this the other reporters chuckled. "I'll tell the staff to send you on up."

"Tekkaman!" This voice belonged to a male reporter with a pink skullcap over his long white hair; the white dot zipped over to him. "Dook Cambell,
Tekka Times
. While your four predecessors were all superheroes, only the first Tekkaman ever truly saw significant superhero action in real life. Do you think the fact that you were specifically asked to be on this mission has any significance as to your legitimacy as a real superhero?"

"I'll tell you what it means," growled a gruff male voice, also sounding as though over a radio. Surprised, Tekkaman V and the other reporters turned and saw a man dressed entirely in a black rubber suit, except for a clear plastic visor showing jaded brown eyes. Chestnut wisps of hair, tinged with white, clung to the sweat-soaked brown skin around his eyes. An oval-shaped speaker was affixed just below the visor. From this speaker continued the voice: "He's no legitimate hero. He's just an actor in a mechanized suit. The suit's what does all the work."

"Zapper," Tekkaman V said. "I believe this is my interview, no? And you're wrong, incidentally. I can pull my own weight amongst the superheroes, thank you very much."

Zapper held his right hand--the only one of his hands to be in a detachable glove--away from his body. "Like what? When's the last time you've rescued anyone other than a teenager from his or her virginity?"

"Heh. You're just jealous because you can't have any. Having sex with you would be too much an
electrifying
experience."

"That's what's different about us mutants," Zapper countered. "We're born the way we are. Tekkas just have freightloads of cash and expensive laboratories that they can do whatever with. Space it, you're not even a true Tekka!"

"Hey!" telled a man from nearby, his voice scrawny and shrill. "Knock it off, both of you!"

Everyone turned now to stare as the newcomer strode onto the scene, clad in a heavily-plated, yet flexible armorsuit, colored a muted black; a helmet, resembling that of a medieval knight, covered his head; at his waist hung a utility belt containing many pouches, though the most significant item on it was a half-meter rod wrapped in grip pads.

"Mind your own business, Lance-a-Lot!" Zapper growled. "This ain't your argument!"

"For saint's sake, Zapper, it's a party! Chillax, man!" Lance-a-Lot turned to face Tekkaman V. "And you know better than to provoke him like that!"

Tekkaman V sighed. "Zapper's right, Lance. Quit butting into other people's business."

"But that's what superheroes are supposed to do!"

"Not with other superheroes, it isn't. Go find yourself a sidekick and get thermonuclear together. Leave us grown-ups alone."

"I'm not--" With a huff Lance-a-Lot spun around and stormed off.

From a short distance away, Gecko turned away from the aftermath of the unfolded spectacle and turned back to face Captain Amazing, the superhero he was dancing with. "Another crisis averted," he remarked.

Captain Amazing shook her head, clearing the shoulder-length black hair away from her eyes. "I wish we could all just get along," she remarked. "I mean, I'm tekka, you're hybrid, and here we are, enjoyably dancing together." A gleam came to her violet eyes. "I am, of course, assuming you are enjoying this mild form of sexual stimulation."

Gecko chuckled and--placing one hand on her back, the other on her ass, covered by her charcoal-colored skinsuit--he pulled her body close, tightly against his; her similarly-colored cape, with a winged, five-pointed golden star emblazoned on its back, draped atop his hand.

"May I confide something in you?" Gecko whispered loudly into Captain Amazing's ear, over the roar of the music. "I'm concerned that we seem to not have much intel, even though we're going beyond the border. From what I know of it, everything's different out there. Shouldn't we get more info than 'we'll know everything we need to know'?"

"They also said we'd be further briefed in the morning," Captain Amazing whispered back.

"But that's another thing. Why so quickly? Don't we need time to gel as a team? I keep thinking about it, and it seems so odd--"

"Hey, Gecko! Captain Amazing!" The two superheroes turned and saw Director Lenin and the Superchief next to them, as closely enmeshed together as the other dancers. "Good to see you two getting along so well," the Superchief continued. "As far as I'm concerned, you two are the best leaders on the team."

"And I'm glad to see you, Gecko," the Director added. "After what you've been through and all. Let me voice my support for the actions that you took that day, as well as my confidence in the success of your mission."

Gecko nodded. "Thank you, Director."

"Please, you can call me Mickel."

"Oh, there has been one slight change to the team roster," the Superchief spoke up. "We've added one of our most promising academy students to the lineup, for her redsuit mission."

"Okay, sir..." Gecko paused for a moment. "Why the change?"

"Maybe she could show you herself," Mickel suggested. "It's my daughter, Lexie. Hey, I see her over there! You folks wait here, we'll have her come on over."

The Superchief flashed Gecko and Captain Amazing a grin before being whisked away by Mickel Lenin and vanishing into the throng.

"Lovely," Gecko said quietly to Captain Amazing. "The Director's kid wants her fifteen minutes, and decides to get it in the worst possible way. This is not an appropriate redsuit mission in any way."

"Well, it's out of your hands." Captain Amazing jiggled Gecko's buttocks. "At least she supports you as the leader."

"Yeah, well, where were her words of support for the three months I went on medical leave--"

Someone tapped on Gecko's shoulder. "Um, excuse me, sir?"

Gecko turned his head and saw a young woman standing beside him, dressed in a bright red one-piece suit that clung complimentarily to every curve of her beauteous, beige-skinned body. Her shoulder-length lavender hair concealed one of her jade-green eyes. "Gecko, I presume?" she spoke again, her voice cool and collected. "I am Alexandra Lenin, but, given our sudden relationship, I ask that you just call me Redsuit."

"Well...sure. That makes sense."

"My mother told me to show you why I was added to your team," Redsuit continued, "but...I see you are already with Captain Amazing. I do not want to intrude, but I would prefer to be away from the public eye of Refuge. I can leave and send you my files, instead--"

"Is it all right if I'm with both of you?" Captain Amazing inquired.

Redsuit turned slightly to face Captain Amazing. "Of course, that is fine."

Without warning Captain Amazing reached out, drew Redsuit in, and planted a long, lascivious kiss on her lips. "Then may I suggest that the three of us find somewhere private?"

"How about my place?" Gecko suggested, one of his hands now fondling Redsuit's rump.

Redsuit and Captain Amazing nodded. Together the three of them threaded their way out of the party scene. Less than five minutes later, they were piled in the back of a cab. The rainbow-prismatic view of Radioactive Free Plaza from the E-car as it slid frictionlessly atop the purplish E-way forcefield was spectacular, but their faces were too far buried into various aspects of each others' bodies to notice it...

Spoiler: Opening Scene 4
That was one hell of a night. Both ladies are still in my bedroom, in the nude and in Nod. Oh yeah, the women are Captain Amazing--every bit as amazing as her name suggests--and the Director's daughter, Redsuit, with far more...talent than any sixteen year-old I remember having.

Funny--I've only been calling her Redsuit for less than twelve hours, and already I'm having trouble remembering her real name. Alexandra Lenin. She won't be Redsuit for long, of course. Once she's completed this mission, her Redsuit mission, she'll graduate from the Supercademy, the public will award her with her superhero name, and she'll join the ranks of Refuge's superheroes.

But she won't be Alexandra, anymore. The superhero identity completely consumes whatever identity you previously had. Hell, I sometimes have trouble remembering my own real name. Gideon Galvenovski. Son of...Victor and...was his name Victor...or was it Antony...

You forget. You just forget who you are. That's the price you pay for becoming a superhero of Refuge. Is this always how it was, or did that just start with the Bureau?

I should prolly wake up the women, soon. We're going to the Bureau to get our rad shots, and then it's off to the border.

The Supertower, Sublevel 2

TIME
07/22/2081 10:22:54

Gecko stood silently outside the elevator doors, waiting for the cab to arrive. Behind him, the muted gray corridor lined on both sides with plain white doors, with a white, tiled floor and mirrored ceiling; striplights lining the vertices where the walls and ceiling met provided soft illumination with a slightly bluish hue. The hallway temperature was perfectly warm, and yet Gecko was shivering.

In front of him, the elevator doors
swisched
open, and inside the cab's all-white interior was the Superchief. "All right, man, just the fella I wanted to see!" the Superchief exclaimed. "I was starting to wonder if you were all right, seeing as everyone else's done got the shots and all--hey, you okay, man? You're shivering."

Gecko blushed. "I, um...I've always felt that way down here, sir. In the sublevels. Something about them makes me feel uneasy."

"I hope you're not afraid of subterranean passageways. You're going in one, according to the intel."

"I've been in tunnels before. Refuge is chock-full of them. But this place...I don't know...are you going to come with me to the hangar, sir?"

"Yeah, I'll accompany you. But we're not going to the hangar just yet. There's...something that I need to tell you, before the mission starts. It's kind of important."

"Yes, sir?" Gecko stepped into the elevator cab, typed "+81" on the touchscreen keypad, and tapped the "enter" button.

"Stand clear of the closing doors," a soft, sultry voice announced; shortly thereafter, the elevator doors rapidly
swisched
shut.

Gecko turned to face the Superchief. "What do you mean by 'important', sir?"

"Well...you know how there hasn't really been much mention on how you're getting the intel for out in the field?"

"I...did notice that, sir. I assume there was a reason for that?"

"Let's...just say that it was better off for everyone that the real information sources not be divulged while in the presence of alcoholic beverages, supersonic crystals, and other such mind-altering substances."

"Why? Is it illegal?"

"Not per se. But some would see it as--"

"Eighty-first floor, lower hangar level," the soft, sultry voice spoke up, as the doors
swisched
open. "If there were any problems with your elevator ride..."

The rest of the cab's message was lost as both Gecko and the Superchief marched stiffly into the red-striped orange hallway. "This way," the Superchief said, beckoning to a door down the hall and to the left from where the elevators were.

They stepped over towards the door. "See it as what, sir?" Gecko asked.

"Well...unethical."

As they approached the door, the Superchief flashed his right middle finger at the door; nothing of particular importance happened. "Blasted sensor isn't reading my ringkey, again," the Superchief muttered, moving his middle finger near a specific location just above the door frame and holding it there. This time, the door slid back.

The room itself appeared to be a vacant storage room; aluminum-plated floor, brown walls and ceiling, empty shelves, altogether bland and nondescript. What was strange were the four people standing in the room, wearing strange costumes and even stranger faces. One had arms where her legs should haven been; another had brown, hairless skin that appeared akin to the surface of sun-cracked clay; the third's internal organs, bones, and muscles were visible under his translucent skin; the fourth person seemed the most normal, save for the ridiculousness of her attire: black shirt and pants, orange trench coat and knee-high stiletto boots, white gloves, and a black top hat atop her bob-cut black hair.

Gecko looked at the strangers, then at the Superchief, confusion evident in his facial expression. "These aren't Refuge superheroes. I know all of our own...they must be...sir, what the heck is going on?"

"Oh, you mean your dear little Superchief hadn't filled you in on that part yet, Gecko-boy?" the woman in orange spat out. "We're a bunch of infamous, so-called outcasts that just happened to be dumb enough to get caught on the wrong side of the border."

"Shut up, Jape," the Superchief. "Garbage knows they'll have to put up with your excessive banter enough as it is."

Narrowed ice-blue eyes stared back at the Superchief. "Whatever you say, you dirty little
nigga
."

Gecko gasped. "Oh, my!"

The Superchief shrugged. "That's the Jape. Untamed and wild-spirited. And, like she said, the four of them are captured supervillains.

"That's a relative term, supervillain," the man with translucent skin spoke, his voice seemingly rife with pent-up energy. "Where we come from, we're goddamned superheroes."

"Like hell you are, KinFlyr," growled the oven-roasted man. "You're probably the only one of us here that actually
is
a supervillain."

"All right," the Superchief interjected, "that's enough." He reached into his utility belt and pulled out a rectangular black object with small red and green buttons beneath a clear plastic cover. "Shut up, all of you."

"You can't use that on us, yet." KinFlyr cackled. "We're too fucking valuable to you."

"Oh, yeah? You wanna try me, you little son of a patchwork quilt?"

KinFlyr sighed. "Fuck you, too."

The Superchief turned to Gecko. "That, as you should have figured out by now, is KinFlyr. The oven-roasted dude is the infamous Rawk--"

"My name isn't Rawk--" the man tried to interject, but the Superchief pointed the remote-thing in his direction and he fell silent.

"As I was saying, that's Rawk. And the quiet four-armed freak is only known as Jerusha KinKane. These four will provide you with all the intel you'll need out there."

"I vaguely recognize the first three names from the database," said Gecko. "But I don't know Jerusha. What's her alias? What did she do?"

"I attempted to rob one of your supply cache buildings," Jerusha spoke up, her voice sickeningly sweet. "You rich people have so much to share, yet you let the people outside starve to death and fight over rad-contaminated food stores. I do not regret what I tried to do. I did what was right."

Gecko frowned. "Last time I checked, young lady, stealing was a crime."

"Tell that to Robin Hood."

"Robin who?"

The Superchief put a hand on Gecko's shoulder. "Don't bother. They're all three nukes short of a meltdown." He held the black device towards Gecko. "This, however, is very persuasive. The Einsteins downstairs call it a 'Bioaugmentational Dissuading and Sundering Mechanism'."

"A
what
?"

"Yeah, my reaction, too. Just call it the BDSM. Anyway, this little gizmo controls small bioaugments implanted in each of those four supervillains--heck if I remember where, in the brain or some shizzaz like that. Doesn't matter where, but what
does
matter is what this does to our fiendish friends, there. Observe."

He flipped the cover back and punched each of the four red buttons, and immediately the four outcasts fell to the ground, writhing in apparent agony; yet none of them made a sound.

"See? It puts them in agonizing pain, yet disables their ability to scream, so you can give 'em punishment even in hostile territory. Pretty slick, eh? Heh heh heh."

He now pressed the four green buttons, and the four outcasts stopped.

"Press the green button, and the process stops. Let it go on long enough, and it will kill them. So I'm told, anyway. The signal transmits locally
and
via our supertransmitters, so no matter how far away they are from you, you'll still be able to deal with them. That's why they didn't try to get out of this storage room, in case you were wondering."

"Yeah, I had..."

The Superchief held out the BDSM. "It's all yours, man. Just...try not to let it be publicly known that you have this. You know how the public eye of Refuge can get when it smells the...
questionable
."

Gecko took the BDSM and placed it in one of the pouches on his utility belt. "Understood, sir."

"Good, good. Better get yourselves to the hangar and on your way, then."

In Hangar-1, nine superheroes and a redsuit waited, along with a boxy, orange-painted flyskiff, it's gull-wing side door up and open.

"Weren't we supposed to leave at 10:10:00?" Lance-a-Lot asked aloud.

"We all know that already, Lance," snarled Zapper. "Maybe if certain people hadn't taken their sweet time in getting here--"

"Hey!" Redsuit exclaimed. "I got up here ten minutes before ten minutes after, it's not my fault!"

"It's true," Captain Amazing pointed out. "And I arrived a few minutes before that."

Tekkaman V sighed, in his metallic voice. "So it's just Gecko, then. Probably boffing the nurse."

"That's more like something
you'd
do, actor-hero," 4Eyes growled. "Considering that's all you can do outside of your suit."

"Hey!" Scarlet Red shrieked. "Do we
really
need all this bickering? It's producing nothing but hostile atmosphere."

"Maybe you should do something about that?" Miss Chiff suggested.

"After all," Miss Leeds chimed in, "you
are
quite experienced with defusing hostile atmospheres, if you know what I mean."

That remark elicited stifled chuckles out of everyone except for Scarlet Red and Awesome Man; the latter outright bellowed with laughter. "Oh, Leeds, but you sure do know how to come off well. I'd love to see how well you come
on
."

Everyone fell silent. Shortly thereafter, the lower main entrance doors slid open, revealing Gecko and--

"Who the blazes are
those
cretins?" Lance-a-Lot exclaimed, leaping towards the oncoming group while snatching the half-meter rod off of his belt and gripping it with both hands. As his feet hit the Densmetal™-plated floor, a long, shiny silver pike shot out from either end of the rod, revealing it to be a double-edged lance. "Explain yourself, Gecko!"

Gecko sighed. "Calm down, Lance. They're with us."

"Look at that!" Chiff exclaimed. "That blonde chick's got no legs!"

"Wouldn't it be easier for her to crawl on all fours," Leeds spoke, "rather than standing upright with only her arms?"

"She's sexy enough in that black leotard, though," Awesome Man remarked.

Rawk snarled. "You Refuge ilk have no sense of honor!"

"Says an
outcast
," Zapper shot back.

"Why is that dishonorable?" Jerusha inquired. "Simply because we are different?"

"Strong words from a four-armed freak," Tekkaman V responded.

"What's wrong with having four arms?" 4Eyes countered. "You got something to say against mutants?"

"Yeah, that's a good question," added Scarlet Red. "I'm a mutant, is something wrong with me?"

"Hey, guys, don't help them!" Redsuit hissed.

"What, you scared, little girl?" KinFlyr smirked. "I only nearly succeeded with flooding the ventilation systems of Refuge with a deadly neurotoxin, there's nothing to be scared of in me."

"Yes, and I'm the one that caught you and locked you away," Captain Amazing. "I don't know what you're doing loose, but whoever authorized it made a
huge
mistake."

The Jape cackled maniacally. "Ah, all this chaos. At last, I'm starting to enjoy myself! Anybody got a deck of cards for me to play with?"

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!"

Gecko's bellowing voice, amplified by the microhorn he held to his lips, was enough to quell the clamor. He continued, over the microhorn, "These are outcasts, and they are our primary source of information once we leave Refuge. They've agreed to help us--"

KinFlyr coughed loudly, and Gecko glared at him. "Got something in your throat?"

"Sorry, just this wretchedly clean air. Continue."

"As I was saying, they've agreed to help us, and like it or not, we're going to have to work with them. Remember, our mission is Teela. Teela is the threat, not them. Whatever differences we may have with them, let's put them aside at least long enough to deal with the true threat. Teela will be brought to justice. Whatever the cost.

"Now, we're already late for our departure, and I apologize for that. Load up and let's get moving."

Grumbling assents were given. The four outcast heroes climbed in first, going to the back; the Refuge superheroes went in after them. Gecko entered last and crawled forward to the cockpit section, seating himself in the pilot's chair. He punched a button, and the door lowered itself closed, with a mechanical whir.

After quickly checking the status report screen, Gecko tapped his earpiece once. "Everyone online and buckled up?" A flurry of ayes and affirmatives followed. "Good. Hangar Control, this is
Skyhawk One
. We're green for launch. Please open the launch doors for Hangar-1."

"We read you, Skyhawk One. Opening doors, now. May you have the best of luck."

In front of the flyskiff, the launch doors slid back almost silently, revealing a clouded gray sky. Helipods on the four corners of the flyskiff spun to life, and moments later
Skyhawk One
shot from the hangar and out above the city of Refuge, streaking toward its destination...

Spoiler: Daystart Day 1
I'm gone nudist the subvocal sensor on this reboarding device. Not sure how well it'll wah, but I don't what to chan some one hearing me. Throaters aren't that loud.

Anyway, we're on our way to a country estate in the Outland, close to the Refuse border. According to the intel, there sacs ess to a subterranean tunnel within the house, and weird do use the tunnels to may car way out. It's so different out here, on the edge of the city-stayed. The only grass we seing the city is in Radioactive Free. When it's not trampled down by all the ore jeez that go on there nearly every night. And there's so many crop towers. So much corn for the biofuels.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm.

Why do I feel so fucking tired? I keep herring chatter from the back about that, two, how other people arfeel ling tired. The nurse ed we might feel a little sleepy briefly, assa sigh defect of the rad shot, but still? After all this time?

It doesn't mad her, I guess. It's not like we're going to run in two any problems out here, still within Refuge's borders. We're cunning up on the target, now. Time to get ready to land.

Oh wait--won lasthing. I don't know how I feel about the BDSM device. Part of me feel slike it's something horribly wrong, but really...they are owcass. It's not like they're ours. But even so...does that still naked right?

What the hell Amy fucking talking about? Yoodoo whatever it takes to insure the greater good, that's Superhero one-oh-one, you know thad. Remember, you're after Teela, and you'll do whatever it fucking takes to bring that bitch of a bass turd down. Fucking got it?

I'd better poo this thing away, now.

Outland Sector 2

TIME
07/22/2081 11:58:39

The sky was still gray and cheerless as the flyskiff hovered downward, delicately settling atop the concrete circle in the middle of a large swathe of high grass. A small, glasstone path, comprising all colors of the rainbow, led to a modestly-sized, L-shaped house. The house itself looked old enough to have been from the late twentieth century, the aged effect spoiled only by the freshness of the brown paint and the slightly shiny appearance of the synthwood.

The flycar door--emblazoned with the orange circle-in-a-black diamond insignia of the Bureau of Superheroes--opened upward, and one by one the superheroes and outcasts climbed out. Last was Gecko, taking in the surroundings as he stepped out.

"It's so quiet out here," he murmured.

"That's because it's
booooooo
ring!" Chiff exclaimed.

"Yeah, me and Chiff lived in the Outland," Leeds added. "I can assure you, nothing out here is interesting."

"Except, apparently, for all the secret tunnel entrances that exist out here," Tekkaman V mentioned. "We really need to purge the Outland, one of these days."

"As if anyone would ever
want
to come into this dismal place," Rawk grumbled.

"Says the sun-fried freak who got caught
inside
our great city-state," Awesome Man pointed out. "But nobody wants to come here, right?"

Scarlet Red snickered a little bit, but quickly jammed her palm against her mouth.

Redsuit cleared her throat. "All right, everyone, let's get focused on the mission. According to the intel--"

"--according to the intel," Gecko interjected, "the entrance to the tunnel is in the basement, behind a large bookcase." He ignored the dirty look Redsuit shot at him and continued, "So let's get inside, go down to the basement, and see what's what."

"This is
boooooooooo
ring," the Jape exclaimed, in nearly an exact tone to the one used by Chiff minutes earlier.

4Eyes took off his hat and glared at the Jape with the back of his head; this only caused the Jape to start chortling uncontrollably.

"What's so funny, potato chip?" snarled Zapper. "You think having four eyes is funny?"

"Guys, guys!" Lance-a-Lot put his hands out, as if separating the two. "C'mon, we don't need any fights now, before we've even started this great mission!"

"Great mission?" KinFlyr spat on the ground. "Heh. As if."

"Well, you did join us of your own free will," said Captain Amazing. "I mean, you obviously wouldn't be here if the BS thought you'd run."

"Do not be so quick to assume," Jerusha countered quietly. She opened her mouth, but quickly closed it again. Awkward silence reigned, save for the raspy singing of pollenbirds.

Gecko clapped his hands together. "Let's get inside, then. We've no time to lose!"

The superheroes quietly moved toward the house, one by one. As Redsuit passed by, Gecko took her by the arm and leaned in close to her ear.

"I may have had my penis in you, and your mother may be the Director, but I'm the leader of this operation," he hissed. "Remember that."

"Then do your goddamn job," Redsuit hissed back. "Lead. We've already lost too much time on your account."

Angrily she pulled away and stomped delicately toward the house, leaving Gecko standing alone in silence. Even the scanshades could not conceal the fury in his expression...

Spoiler: Vote Count 1
Outland Sector 2, Unidentified Residence

TIME
07/22/2081 12:10:50

"So...it's supposed to be behind a bookcase in the basement, eh?" The Jape spun in a circle, gesturing at the wall-sized bookcases against each of the room's four walls. "Did your precious Super-S happen to be more specific than that?"

Zapper sighed; coming through a speaker, it sounded more like the hissing of air. "I don't care much for your attitude, orange clown. Just do as Gecko said and help me search this room. We've no time to waste."

"Do you even
know
what those things on the bookcases are?" The Jape looked coyly at Zapper and give him a sickeningly sweet smile. "They're called books. It's what people that don't rely on an electronic database use to learn stuff."

"I know what books are! Can you
please
just shut up and do as you're told?"

The Jape giggled. "Come, now. You're older than the BS. I'm surprised you still put up with their...ah...
bullshit
." She pranced over to one of the many bookcases. "Let's see..." She pulled on a crimson-colored book--the title read "The Wrath of Liten", by someone named S.T. Kerrigan--and suddenly, with many screeches and whirs of electronic motors, the bookcase swung inwards, revealing a dirt tunnel sloping down into darkness, held up by synthwood supports.

Zapper turned his rubber-suited body and stared down the tunnel. "How...the...you knew that was there all along, didn't you?"

"Nope!" She grabbed her top hat, shook her head, and put the hat back on. "Just a lucky guess, I swear!"

"Somehow, I sincerely doubt that."

"Then why did you decide to search this room first, huh? There seems to be dozens of rooms down here, all chock-full of bookcases. Maybe
you
knew this was the right room!"

Zapper started to raise his right arm. "You want to play games, charlatan witch?"

"Oh, please!" Just like that, a fanned-out deck of cards appeared in the Jape's right hand. "You wouldn't stand a chance in mythological hell!"

"Where did you get those cards? There's no way Super-S would let you keep anything--"

"What the hell is going on here?" The guttural, powerful tone of Rawk's voice startled both Zapper and the Jape. Rawk strode into the room and glared at the Jape. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing! It's all Electricity-Boy's fault."

"Uh-huh. I know you better than to believe that."

"And you should know better than to put down your fellow outcast! It's us against them, remember? Or so they seem to think, at any rate."

"You want us to trust you? Then show us that we can trust you." Zapper lowered his arm. "Radio on. Gecko, this is Zapper. We've found the entrance."

"Good work," Gecko replied into their earpieces. "We'll home in on your beacon."

"Understood."

Zapper turned his body to look at the tunnel, again. Once his back was turned, the Jape stuck out her left hand, middle finger extended. "Fuck you," she muttered under her breath. "
You
show me that I can trust
you
."

She whirled about and began examing the other books packed onto the shelves...

Spoiler: Vote Count 2
Outland Sector 2, Subterranean Tunnels

TIME
07/22/2081 12:25:22

One by one the heroes made their way down the long, dark tunnel. Those with scanshades were still able to see inside the tunnel via use of sublight scanning mode; those without scanshades were forced to employ the use of focused-beam lamps (or FoBeams), either handheld or head-mounted, choice courtesy of the users. As they descended to lower elevations, dirt gave way to supported stone, and not long after that the supports vanished and the tunnels became irregularly-shaped and fraught with large cracks and ridges on the floor.

"Man, do these things ever end?" Chiff complained. "Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the investigations of small, tight tunnels, but you too much of it is just a pain, in the end."

"Get used to it," KinFlyr replied. "The tunnel networks around Refuge are massive, humongous, ginormo. If you don't know what you're doing, it's incredibly easy to get lost and die down here."

"Good thing I've got an
awesome
sense of direction, then!" Awesome Man piped up. "You all can count on me!"

"Yeah, right!" Zapper chuckled. "Remember that one op fifteen years ago, you and I had to chase down D. Yushe through the tunnels and
you
got lost down there for three days.
Three
whole days."

"Hey, sometimes you just gotta get away from the pressure of it all! You had D. Yushe bagged, it was all good, so I just took a few days to, ah, find my inner voojoo!"

"My positively-charged donkey's hind--"

Without warning, something stood up in front of Zapper and pushed him backward; he fell to the ground with a loud
thud
. Immediately the others whirled and saw Jerusha, without scanshades or a FoBeam, lowering herself back to the ground so that she stood on all four hands.

"What the halberd are you doing?" Zapper growled, pushing himself slowly to roll onto his front side, then up onto his feet. "That was--oof--uncalled for!"

Jerusha used one of her front hands to push her blonde curls out of her eyes. "This is not a sanitized expedition. I was far ahead of everyone, scouting, and I could hear the clamoring of everyone all the way out there."

Near the front, Gecko sighed, keeping his sliver gun trained on Jerusha. "I told everyone to stay together unless I say otherwise."

"But you need advance information. You do not know what lurks down here, so you must be quiet and on your guard at all times. I was about to admonish the rest of the group in this regard."

"Whatever. Just stay with the rest of the group. We'll figure something out."

Jerusha nodded and fell towards the back. There, the Jape leaned down and whispered, "You seem to have forgotten the principle rule of navigating the tunnels: never do it alone."

"You are one to talk," Jerusha whispered back. "Besides, I can take care of myself."

"As can I," replied the Jape, with a silenced chortle. "As can I."

Spoiler: Vote Count 3

TIME
07/22/2081 12:36:18

"Curve up ahead, on the right," Gecko whispered into the radio. "Be cautious, everyone, we don't know what's on the other side."

Leeds elbowed Chiff and leaned close. "Oh, no! It's a curve!"

"It's gonna kill us all!" Chiff whispered back. "Run for your lives!"

They both managed to stymie their resulting chuckle outburst. Nearby, 4Eyes observed and sighed.

"So immature," he whispered to Scarlet Red. "Why are they even with us?"

"It's just who they are, Ice," Scarlet replied, in similar volume. "Chillax. It's fine."

"We're deep in the bowels of Refuge's underground and you tell me to--"

"Hoooly shiiiiiiiiiii--"

The sound of Redsuit's cry drew everyone's attention. All eyes and FoBeams focused ahead, where Captain Amazing was belly-down on the rock ground, only her cape-draped ass and legs protruding into view from behind the wall.

"What the sweet lady's going on over there?" Lance-a-Lot exclaimed, his lance in hand as he darted around the corner. There, Captain Amazing held on to the finely-shaped legs of Redsuit, who in turn was hung half-over the edge of a precipice. Gecko was nowhere to be seen.

"Don't let go!" Redsuit screeched.

"I won't!" Captain Amazing shouted back. "I've done this before! Just trust me!"

"Where's Gecko?" Lance demanded to know.

"Fell off," Redsuit yelled. "He's climbing back up now, I can see him."

Others started to come towards Lance, but he held out his palm. "Don't crowd them!"

"Since when do you give the orders around here, boy?" Tekkaman V snarled.

"Besides, I'm much better qualified to help those dames than you," Awesome Man added.

"Wrong kind of spelunking, Awesome Man!" Leeds called out.

"Hey, Redsuit!" the Jape hollered. "Ever heard of that old telly show where the people in red always die?"

"Shut up, everyone!" Gecko bellowed over the radio. "Just calm down!"

Having climbed up the sheer rock face with his gloves and grip-feet, Gecko was now beneath Redsuit's head. "Captain, pull on her while I push up!"

"Got it!"

Slowly, Redsuit was pushed back onto the top of the ledge, and as soon as she was on she rolled away, breathing heavily. Gecko climbed atop the ledge and stood up.

"Well, that was fun," he remarked nonchalantly. "But now we've got another problem to deal with: that drop is part of a colossal cavern."

The other heroes peered around the curve. Indeed, the ledge continued over to the left, where it became a narrow, downward slope to a roughly-circular rock pedestal; from there snaked other narrow rock pathways across a black oblivion so deep even the scanshades could not get an accurate reading on its depth.

"It's kind of looks like a spider's web," KinFlyr commented.

"Who cares about that?" 4Eyes retorted. "How under Earth are we going to find our way through that mess?"

Gecko nodded. "Exactly."

"What about Super-S?" Jerusha asked. "Surely you possess some sort of mining drone technology--

"Good point. Super-S, this is Fury Leader. Requesting scorbs to our location as soon as possible."

There was no response. "Super-S, do you copy?"

Still no response.

"We must be too far underground," KinFlyr explained. "And that likely means our own radios will have limited range, as well."

Gecko sighed. "Then the only thing to do is to split into teams, check out each pathway as far as we can, and then report back."

Scarlet Red shivered. "Tell me I'm not the only one getting a bad feeling about this..."

Spoiler: Vote Count 4

TIME
07/22/2081 12:51:49

The three heroes walked carefully in a single line, with 4Eyes leading the way, Rawk taking the rear, and KinFlyr in the middle. While the narrow ridge was wide enough to allow a single person amicable passage, one misstep was all that stood between them and a long plunge into the literal dark abyss surrounding them, presumably followed by the figurative dark abyss of death's embrace. KinFlyr and Rawk both made use of FoBeams; 4Eyes used no technological instruments to aid his vision. Silent, spectral stillness saturated the supermassive space surrounding them; every slight, sagacious step on the smoke-silver stone seemed to settle on the surface soundlessly, even as they sensed the skittering staccatos of sonances of strides six, seven steps spent.

After awhile, the tenuous atmosphere was broken by 4Eyes: "You know, I'm surprised neither of you have asked how I can see without scanshades or a FoBeam."

"I, personally, am not that surprised," Rawk replied. "Jerusha trained herself to see in the dark, and in theory anyone could do so, if they so chose. The fact that you have multiple eyes means you've had to deal with vision focus your entire life, which makes it even easier for you to apply that focus toward seeing in suboptimal light levels."

"Exactly," KinFlyr chimed in. "We may be Outcasts, but that doesn't mean we're a bunch of uneducated dumbasses. Not that anyone will ever recognize us for it, but Rawk and I, we're both scientists out there."

"Well,
I'm
a scientist, at any rate," Rawk countered. "He's just fucking mad."

KinFlyr stopped and glared back at Rawk. "What's wrong with being a mad scientist?"

Rawk sighed. "My
point
, at any rate, was that our Refuge-spoonfed friend shouldn't presume us to be ignorant simply because we're outcast."

"Sorry." 4Eyes shook his head. "I guess...I guess I should try to ignore the natural prejudices."

"Say, that's something I've been wondering about," KinFlyr interjected. "How exactly did there come to be Outcasts and Refugees, anyhow?"

"You don't know?"

"See, I'm not from around these parts, I wandered here from a land really fucking far away."

4Eyes crossed his arms. "Oh? Why did you come here?"

"Hey, I asked first. Besides, that's kind of personal."

Rawk cleared his throat. "How about we keep moving while we socialize, alright?"

The three men resumed moving along the long, spindly rock pathway. "Well," 4Eyes said, "it was about twenty-five years ago. A Tekka by the name of Dr. Wyrd tried to establish superiority over the Mutants by using biotechnology to depower or kill them."

"Ooh, sounds fun!" KinFlyr exclaimed.

"Um...k. Anyway, at the time, enmity between the Tekkas and the Mutants was high, and the Hybrids hated both sides, and thus no one really tried to put a stop to what Dr. Wyrd was doing; at least, not until he decided destroying the Mutants wasn't enough. He tried to use biotechnology to control the minds of the people."

"Sounds like this Wyrd guy was one smart bugger."

"Not really. All his technology did was drive the population insane, literally. The Mutants, Tekkas, and Hyrbids had to work together to fight off Wyrd's army of nasty creatures and drive the supervillan himself into exile. Afterwards, the Board of Refuge established the Bureau of Superheroes to regulate all superhero activity in the city-state, and consequently, anyone who refused to comply was cast out."

"And the Outcasts are descendants of these rejects. Interesting."

"You done?" Rawk inquired. "Because I'd like to strongly beg to differ with that BS account."

"Oh?" 4Eyes replied skeptically. "That's how it happened. Awesome Man and Zapper were there at the start, and they've always backed that story up."

"Then you better not trust them. Because my dad, Maximum Effect, was there, too. And his version of the story, as well as the other original Outcasts, is quite different."

KinFlyr stopped again and turned to face Rawk. "Do continue."

"What
really
happened was this: Dr. Wyrd was experimenting with alien technology and biology. There was a lot of controversy about it at the time, but he was allowed to continue. Then he tried to take over the city by killing over the superheroes. Mutant, Tekka, Hybrid, all of them, though more Mutants died than any of the others. The superheroes united, they drove Wyrd into exile, they destroyed the research he was doing. Then the Board used the opportunity post-crisis to issue their infamous ruling."

4Eyes rolled his front eyes. "Oh, please."

"Hey, let me finish, at least. The ones that were Outcast were the ones that refused to pander to the politics. Those that stayed chose to knowingly accept a lie, the cover-up story that slowly changed over the years to erase all mention of the alien tech. That's why you shouldn't trust Zapper or Awesome Man. They're in on it."

"So why change the story at all?" 4Eyes countered. "It's too hard to maintain that kind of deception over twenty-five years."

"It's not hard at all, if you control every aspect of everyone's lives. But why do it at all, you ask? Because, my uninformed, naive friend, Wyrd's research was never destroyed; the government of Refuge is still working with it today."

"That's
bullswax
!" 4Eyes exclaimed.

"You sure about that? Because there is much rumor and hearsay from people that say they've seen Refuge scientists and Black Suits out here, testing the tech."

"You can't just believe rumors and hearsay! You're wrong! You're just wrong!"

"Actually," KinFlyr spoke, "in my experience, it's usually the rumors and hearsay that hold the most truth..."

Spoiler: Vote Count 5

TIME
07/22/2081 15:39:55

"Chiff!"

"Leeds!"

The Miss Twins darted toward each other, alongside the sharp edge of the stone cliff, colliding gently with a passionate hug.

"That plateau was
huge
," Chiff gasped. "With the locators not working, I was so worried I'd get lost!"

"Me too, girl! I didn't find any ways off, though."

They separated from their embrace and held each other by the arm. "Me neither," Chiff replied. "Other than the one we came here on, of course."

Leeds rolled her eyes. "Well,
obviously
other than that."

"So what became of our...companion, then?"

"The Jape? You haven't seen her?"

"Nope. What if..." Chiff's eyes opened wide. "What if she fell off?"

Laughter suddenly erupted, seemingly from all around them. The Miss Twins jumped and clutched each other tightly.

"What the hoblin' blue space goblins was
that
?" Chiff yelled.

"I'm touched by your concern," spoke the Jape's voice.

Leeds released her hold on Chiff and looked around. "Where are you?"

Without warning, a soft
thud
came from near the edge of the plateau. Both heroes whirled to look; there stood the Jape, the FoBeam in her left hand set to display a wide sphere of light instead of a focused beam. Her top hat was tilted over her eyes, but the serpentine smirk her mouth portrayed near threatened to leap off her face.

"
Here
," the Jape whispered hoarsely.

"Mother of fucking
god
!" Chiff exclaimed. "Where--"

The Jape shot up her right arm and pointed at Chiff. "Aha! I
knew
you superheroes were capable of swearing--"

"Answer my fffffflipping question! Where
were
you?"

"Just hanging down below the edge of the cliff, waiting for you slugs to trudge your way here." The Jape lowered her arm. "I swear, do you superheroes ever exercise at all?"

"Wait," Leeds spoke. "You mean to tell us you hung by the tips of your fingers?" She glanced down at the Jape's feet. "No, hold on. Those are grip boots!"

"Cor
rect
! Not as elegant as dear Gecko's grip-feet, to be sure, but they do roughly the same task."

Chiff folded her arms across her chest. "Where'd you get them, huh? I'm pretty sure you weren't allowed to keep all your pretty toys after you were taken into custody."

"I was, actually. We all were."

"Uh-huh," responded Leeds. "You're speaking in jest."

"This one time, I'm not." The Jape tipped her hat up to reveal her eyes; they were grinning just as much as her mouth was. "
Seriously
."

Chiff threw up her hands. "I'm going to get you for that little stunt! You'll see!"

"Go ahead, little cunt. Bring it on."

"
Anyways
," Leeds cut in, "did you find anything of interest, Jape? No tunnels in the ground or secret portals to hell?"

"They exist? Portals to hell, I mean? Damn, the BS is a lot more interesting than I'd thought!"

Chiff grabbed Leeds' arm. "Let's just radio in our findings to Gecko and start our way back. I can't take much more from that fffffff
ucking
clown."

Spoiler: Vote Count 6
Subterranean Tunnels

TIME
07/22/2081 20:12:33

In the inky, murky blackness of the cavern, the sole source of illumination--the FoBeam in Scarlet Red's hand--shone down upon a small heap of crushed metal and plastic resting unobtrusively on the smooth rock floor, near the bottom of a lopsidedly-cylindrical tunnel interior. Beside her stood Tekkaman V, his white eye-dot also focused on those scraps and shards.

"You didn't touch it, did you?" he inquired, the metallic overtone of the speaker not enough to mask the sardonic edge to his voice.

"Why the halcyon would I?" Scarlet shot back. "I told you, I got back to the junction point and I found the relay transmitter lying right there, just as it is now."

"I had to ask. Mutants don't tend to mix well with technology."

"Seriously? We don't have time for that bullswax right now! Somebody smashed that relay, and unless you can think of
good
reasons for doing that, that's horrible holopress for us!"

"What's horrible holopress?" Eye-dot and FoBeam whirled to focus on Lance-a-Lot, striding towards them from one of the two auxiliary tunnels branching off from the main line. "Actually, you guys hear a loud boom, followed by static, then silence? I tried contacting everyone after that, but no one replied."

"That's because nobody likes you, Lance," Tekkaman quipped.

Scarlet stamped her foot and hissed. "For Darwin's sake, T-Five, knock it off! Lance, someone's destroyed the relay transmitter."

"What about the other relay, near the cavern entrance? I'll try calling--"

"I already tried. No response from Gecko. Or Captain Amazing. Or anyone else."

Lance groaned. "Aw, snapdoodles!"

"Grow up, already," Tekkaman grumbled. "You're both BS superheroes. Act like it."

"...Captain Amaz...repeat, this...tain Amazing. Does any...read?"

Scarlet pressed her right hand to her right ear; Lance cocked his head within his helmet, slightly to the left; Tekkaman's eye-dot went straight to the center of the red band of light. "Yes, Captain--" "Copy that--" "Loud and cle--"

A glare from Scarlet was enough to quiet the other two heroes. "All our technology and they still have that time of the month," Tekkaman remarked to Lance, in a hoarse, loud mock of a whisper that resembled the sound of a dying cybernetic screechgull; it earned a four-finger, middle-down salute from Scarlet.

"Sorry about that, Captain," Scarlet said tightly. "What's going on?"

"Say ag...not reading you...ly."

"What's going on?"

"...lay's out down here...about yours?"

"Ours too."

"Smashed...pieces?"

"Affirmative."

"Was in...of Gecko. ...says other tea...ponding."

"Say again? Other teams..."

"
Not
resp...ing. ...ko wants everyone back...as they hear..."

"He wants us to fall back to the cavern. Correct?"

"Correct. Anyone...lost, we'll form...parties."

"We copy. On our way. Scarlet Red, over and out."

Spoiler: Vote Count 7
Subterranean Tunnels

TIME
07/22/2081 22:20:21

"You know," Awesome Man remarked, "I swear these caves are not a natural formation. Someone built them, they're just too dodgam smooth."

Jerusha, skittering alongside him on all four hands, turned her head up and raised her eyebrow. "I raise my eyebrow at you. You just now notice this?"

"Hey, my scanshades can see your face just fine, thank you very much."

"I was not sure if you were actually using them. You did unsuccessfully try to prove to me earlier that you could see down here with your natural sight. Anyway...many of the tunnels around here were built long ago by the aliens. According to legend, this area was one of the first places the aliens took over, and that is why the tunnel networks are so extensive."

"Hmm. Fascinating, this history stuff." Awesome Man sighed sharply. "Where in hadesfire is that blasted Redsuit? It's been a few hours, there's no way she's blonde enough to get that lost."

"Ahem. You are incorrect, incidentally. Without relays, without location technology, it is very easy to get lost down here. That is why I suggested it would be wiser to retreat and discover what went wrong with our radio relays, that we may also avoid becoming lost."

"We can't just leave her alone out there. You yourself said these caves are dangerous. You Outcasts may not appreciate the value of human life, but in Refuge, we don't just abandon our people.
I
, Awesome Man, don't abandon my people!"

Suddenly, Jerusha rose up on her hind hands and grabbed the chest fabric of Awesome Man's costume with her fore hands, pulling her face close to his. "Do not presume to think that we Outcasts place no value on the sanctity of human life.
I
value others very much. I love my enemy, and pray for those that persecute me. I turn my cheek, give you my coat, and go the extra mile with you. That is what God wills of me. That is why I help you and the other superheroes of Refuge willingly. Mock me all you want, but do not tell me that I have no care for my fellow men and women." She released her hold and pushed backwards off of him, doing a backflip to land front-down on all fours.

"Holy jumping crackers!" Awesome Man gasped, smoothing out the front of his green uniform. "I mean, you're already a mutant freak, but a religious freak, too? You sure hit the
freak
in' jackpot! Hold on, let me guess: you're a stay-at-home mom, got seven home-educated kids, and practice weaving in your spare time. Am I right, or am I
right
?"

"As a matter of fact, I
do
weave. With four hands and many bodies to clothe, it is a most productive use of my talents and my time--"

At that moment, a faint, nightmarish shriek echoed through the tunnel, ahead of them. Another shortly followed, then another, and then they came so fast each scream blurred into one--

"Redsuit!" Awesome Man proclaimed. "Enough of this silly banter, my mutant-outcast friend! We must follow that sound and save poor Redsuit before the pillaging ravages of evil destroy her life!"

Wordlessly Jerusha took off and galloped down the tunnel; Awesome Man was right behind her. "Hold in there, Redsuit!" he bellowed. "We're coming for youuuuuuuu..."

Spoiler: Day 1 Lynch
I'm close enough
*sounds of running on all fours on a hard surface*
to pick up Redsuit's beacon signal. The arrow's red, that means I'm close by.

I should alert the others, but...I've got a feeling. Like something's wrong with our squad. As in...someone or some
ones
that have their own agenda. I don't know
*continued sounds of running on all fours on a hard surface*
why, but all that time in the cavern, the center of the hub...I started thinking. I've already detailed most of these thoughts in
[ERROR: FILE PATH CORRUPTED]
, but I'm not sure whether I can trust everyone on the team. If anything, the mystery behind Redsuit's disappearance and the reported screams just serve to further those suspicions.

*continued sounds of running on all fours on a hard surface*

You know what? Fuck it. I'm leaving you on. I want some kind of record on all this, in case things go thermonuclear...

Subterranean Tunnels

TIME
07/22/2081 23:55:59

Gecko came to a sudden halt as the corridor suddenly crossed into a large cave, flipping down from the ceiling and onto the floor. Another tunnel entrance was visible directly across from Gecko's position, and the scanshades highlighted three other possible entrances: two in the walls, one from the ceiling. The thing that consumed Gecko's attention however, was what stood directly in front of him, near the center of the cavernous space: Jerusha, perched on all fours over the slices of Redsuit's body, front hands soaked in dark, deoxygenated blood.

Instinctively Gecko whipped out the sliver gun and slid the handle forward to accurate-fire position. "Hands up," he called out, bracing the sliver gun against his shoulder. "The ones with blood on them."

Jerusha stood on her hind hands and did as she was asked. "I am innocent, Gecko. I simply am the first to find her...her body. I assure you, just because she is Refuge-bred does not mean I am not grieved by this...by what was done to her."

"Then what's with the blood on your hands?"

"I was only attempting to ascertain how she was killed. I was with Awesome Man when we both heard the scream. You must believe me!"

"I find it hard to believe the words of an Outcast."

Figurative fire flared into Jerusha's eyes. "This has
nothing
to do with our social prejudices! Being an Outcast does not make us subhuman and feral! Would you be so ready to point that weapon at one of Refuge's own?"

"Chillax--"

"Also, if you
truly
do not trust me, then just use your BDSM and kill me! If you cannot trust the words of Outcasts, Gecko, then what is the use of keeping any of us Outcasts around? If you will not kill us outright, then please,
trust
us!"

"Hold it!" Standing in the mouth of the tunnel across from Gecko was Lance-a-Lot, his double-edged lance extended and bristling with energy; the pulsing light the electric arcs shot faint, harsh light into the cavern. "Jerusha, in the name of Refuge and the BS, you're under arrest!"

"Oh, please," Jerusha shot back. "Are we even in Refuge territory, anymore?"

"It doesn't matter! You are suspected of murdering Redsuit, and no one gets away with murdering one of our own!"

A metallic voice boomed, "Oh, for the sake of all things holy, Lance, knock it off." Tekkaman V appeared from the flickering shadows behind Lance, his heavy metal frame
clunk
ing on the hard stone floor. "He's always been too white-knight for my tastes, but he's right about one thing, four-armed freak: no one gets away with murdering one of our own."

"I am innocent!" Jerusha turned to look at Lance. "I am sorry for snapping at you, I should not have--"

"
Vremya rok
, baby!" yelled the Jape, leaping from the ceiling entrance, an extendarapier aimed straight at Jerusha's head. "See you in hell!"

Without warning Jerusha vaulted herself into the air and grappled the Jape with all four hands. Both women tumbled to the floor with a
thud
, the Jape's extendarapier shattering into hundreds of shards that scattered all over the cave. "I will have you know," Jerusha hissed at the Jape as she crushed her throat with one hand, "that it is
heaven
that I shall see, unlike yourself!"

Gecko whirled and aimed at both women. "Stop it!" he shouted. "Let go, both of you!"

"Forget it!" Jerusha hollered back. "I cannot trust any of you!"

From out of the shadows 4Eyes leaped onto Jerusha's back, pulling her off the Jape and rolling with her across the tunnel floor. Jerusha grabbed his ankles with her lower hands and flung him off her onto the ground, knocking his hat off in the process; just as quickly she backflipped to him and grabbed him from behind, holding him between herself and Gecko's sliver gun.

"I apologize for my violence," Jerusha hollered, "but you have left me no choice! Allow me to leave, and no harm will come to 4Eyes."

"Just chillax, everyone!" Gecko shouted. "We can still talk about this--"

"Talk? Is this how the superheroes of Refuge talk? With violence and threats?"

"The only violence thus far has come from Outcasts!" Scarlet Red shouted back, coming out of the same side tunnel 4Eyes had emerged from. "4Eyes only engaged you to save the life of the Jape. Just face it, Jerusha: you are nothing more than a petty thug, and your so-called faith in a higher power is nothing more than a facade you create to convince yourself your crimes are just!"

Jerusha whirled around, throwing 4Eyes to the ground. "You self-righteous
bitch
!" she screamed, launching herself down on all fours and dashing madly towards Scarlet. "How
dare
you say that! You know
nothing
of God--"

"It's
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome
time!" From out of the shadows Awesome Man hurled a large boulder at Jerusha; she dodged, but not before her right shoulder was grazed by the stone projectile. She clutched her shoulder, teeth gritted together.

"You were with me, Awesome Man!" Jerusha screamed. "You were with me when she screamed. You
know
I am innocent!"

"It took a long time for you to rejoin me after the relays went down. Who knows what sort of contraption you set up for poor Redsuit in the interim? You know, it really is too bad you have to die, now; I've always enjoyed a good freak in bed with me!"

"Sorry, Awesome Man, but that's
my
kill!"

Suddenly, blue goo exploded all over Jerusha's lower hands and rigidified, holding her to the ground; her attempts to push herself out of the blue goo ended in nothing but vain. From the other side of the cavern, at the other side entrance, Miss Chiff strutted into view, holding a gray disc in each hands, cocked back behind her ears. "I call these little things Bluesmakers," she added. "After all, nobody likes being given the
blues
."

She flung the two discs at Jerusha's other two hands. As the discs exploded onto her wrists, the blue goo on each hand surrounded her hands and arced across the air toward the other hand, resulting in a curvy blue bar after the goo solidified. Unable to keep her balance, Jerusha fell forwards and hit the ground with her forehead.

Miss Chiff sauntered over to Jerusha, bent over and grabbed her curly blonde hair, and yanked her head up and stared into her eyes. "Any last words, you murdering, four-armed mutant freak?"

"I-- I am sorry," Jerusha moaned. "I should not have lost my temper. I-- I forgive you for what you are about to do."

"Whatever,
mutant
!" Taking another Bluesmaker disc from her belt, Miss Chiff shoved it into Jerusha's mouth and held it shut. "Tell your dad Miss Chiff said hi."

Jerusha's eyes widened, and then her eyes
really
widened and she began grunting and moaning frenetically. A little of the blue goo came out of her mouth just before it solidified. Miss Chiff smiled, let go of Jerusha's hair, and stood up, brushing imaginary dust off her red arm sleeves.

"How was
that
for an impressive performance, Jape?" she called out.

The Jape clapped slowly. "Not bad, not bad. I guess I ought to apologize."

"Ooh, really?"

"Yes. I, ah, 'borrowed' your extendarapier earlier, but I broke it, so I can't give it back. Sorry."

"Why, you--"

"And another thing," 4Eyes said, putting his hat back on his head. "You keep throwing around the term 'mutant' as though it were an insult. Look at me. Am
I
a
mutant
?"

Wordlessly Gecko retracted the handle of the sliver gun to hip-fire position and reattached it to his belt. As the other heroes began to argue amongst themselves, he approached Redsuit's corpse; the words "UNKNOWN BIOSIGNATURE DETECTED" flashed frequently at the top of his vision, and the arrow pointed straight at Redsuit's remains.

He stood over the body. The entire front of her torso was torn to little strips of flesh, leaving naught but the bone behind. Her legs had deep gashes in them, but were otherwise intact; her face appeared as though every aspect of her facial expression shot wide open right at the moment of death. Gecko lifted the scanshades momentarily to dab at the little beads of liquid forming around the bottoms of his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

Returning the scanshades down in front of his eyes, Gecko bent down and stuck his head inside the torso cavity. On the scanshades, a red outline began to form, and the words on the top of the screen changed to: "UNKNOWN LIFEFORM DETECTED".

Without warning, the snakelike red outline became a blur, and Gecko pulled his head back only just in time to avoid the snapping jaws of the bulb-like head shooting towards him. The lime green, eel-like creature stuck its head out, eyeless face held above the ground. Rapidly it launched itself backwards at Gecko's throat; the end of it's short tail appeared mangled, mutilated. Gecko's short blade was faster, slicing through the air thrice, leaving four pieces of body plummeting the ground.

Gecko stared at the head section, now devoid of any tail. Its jaws snapped open and shut, and with a loud "hrrrrrrrrrakk!" it finally fell silent.

"What the hell was that?" Miss Leeds demanded to know, walking out of the side tunnel Gecko had entered from and striding up to him. She looked at the creature head and gasped. "Oh...my land..."

Gecko nodded. "I...I think it's an alien. Blast it, where's Super-S when you need her?"

"No need for them, chap," KinFlyr said, now standing beside them; Rawk appeared next to the corpse as well. "It's definitely an alien."

"A queen-mother, from the looks of it," Rawk added.

By now others started to gather around as well. "But how..." Captain Amazing breathed. "I thought the aliens were big creatures. A head taller than the tallest human, puke-yellow skin--"

"That was only their grunt breed," Zapper replied. "The aliens had multiple types of breed. This is the parasite breed. They were used for biological study and for infiltration."

"Say," 4Eyes said sharply, "how do you know all that?"

"Who cares about that?" Scarlet Red snapped. "Queen-mother, that sounds like it means the head of something. So what was it controlling?"

"You mean..." Lance-a-Lot breathed deeply. "...you mean...
who
was it controlling?"

Gecko looked over at the goo-covered corpse of Jerusha; the scanshades showed nothing out of the ordinary, for a dead human. "Not Jerusha. And obviously none of you show up on scanners. These things must be able to mask their presence inside the host until death."

"Simple solution, then," the Jape remarked. "Kill 'em all!"

"Starting with
you
," Miss Chiff hissed.

Suddenly, a muted
thud
reverberated throughout the tunnels, followed by another, then another, and soon everyone heard a loud, raucous thunder. Shards of rock began to fall from the ceiling.

"Cave-in!" Miss Leeds hollered.

"Everyone move it!" Gecko yelled.

He turned to the tunnel he had entered from, only to see it collapsing under a pile of rock; the tunnel across was suffering the same fate.

"There!" 4Eyes cried out, holding his hat above his head with one hand and pointing toward the side tunnel he'd entered from, to the left of where everyone stood; it still stood unbarricaded. "Run for it!"

Everyone bolted for the gaping maw, with Gecko in the rear. As they began to make their entrance, a loud
boom
sounded. Large cracks appeared in the tunnel ceiling.

"Look out!" Gecko cried out, shoving Scarlet Red and KinFlyr forward into the tunnel. Suddenly, a massive chunk of rock crashed to the ground, between Gecko and the other heroes. Rapidly Gecko backpedaled away from the falling rocks, as the tunnel collapsed in front of him. There were no more muted
thud
s or
boom
s now, just grains of rock trickling onto the floor from above.

"Radio on!" Gecko shouted. "This is Gecko, I'm alright. Is everyone else okay?"

"Captain Amazing, here. We're...right. No major injuries. But we're completely cut...from you. The rock...too much to move."

"That's fine, Captain," Gecko replied, eying the ceiling entrance. "I've got another way out. Make your way forward; I'll catch up with you."

"Gecko...is that wise? What if...can't find us?"

"Leave a trail. Something my scanshades can pick up. If I can't find you, I'll at least find that."

"All right. Gecko...ood luck."

"Thank you, Captain. The best of luck to you all. Gecko out."

Gecko stood silently for a moment, staring at the mouth of the ceiling entrance. "Why, oh
why
didn't I think to set up relays back to the surface?" he muttered. Shaking his head, he extended his grapple arm and shot a line to the ceiling. Moments later, he was on the ceiling and climbing into the tunnel mouth...

Spoiler: Daystart Day 2
I've been traversing these tunnels for hours now. I'm worried about them, however. I found their trail, but they made it using their homing beacons. I know it's the strongest thing my scanshades can track...but do they think I'm so bad a tracker that I need that obvious a hint?

Then again, I didn't even find Jerusha's beacon until I was nearly on top of her. So maybe what they did wasn't unwarranted. I'm just worried about one of them getting lost, and now there's no beacon to track them. Especially...now that we know that there's aliens among us. Not to mention someone that killed Redsuit...and someone that...collapsed the caves.

I've had plenty of time to think, and the more I do, the more I think that the cave-in was engineered. Those thuds could easily have been mining-grade explosives. That last tunnel never collapsed until almost all of us were through. I think someone wanted us to go that direction. The same someone that destroyed our relays...and likely the same person that killed Redsuit.

But who? I keep thinking Teela, but why? Teela would have just killed us at the first opportunity. None of this elaborate bullshit. So who?

Something else that came to mind: did Lenin know about what her daughter was? She
did
get her assigned to the squad, after all--

No, that's stupid. That's just totally fucking stupid. Redsuit just had her own agenda. But...what? And why would someone kill her if they didn't know that she held the queen-mother?

There are too many fucking questions in my head right now, and not nearly enough answers. God fucking damn it. And it doesn't help that I also keep thinking about Jerusha, screaming at me to use the BDSM on her. Are we superheroes really viewed so callously by the Outcasts? Why the hell do I even care?

Why?

Hold on...I'm hearing movement. So are my scanshades...wait.
*whisper*
What the hell do you mean, "UNKNOWN TARGETS"?

Aw, shit--

*stun blaster fire*

Unknown Room

TIME
07/23/2081 11:01:13

Gecko's eyes opened, and he slowly started to glance around. He was reclined on a ratty brown reclining chair, in a room made of corroded black metal grating on the floor and silver steel plating on the walls and ceiling. On his right was a twodee wallscreen. Behind him, wall-high bookshelves lined the wall, with more analog books of varying thickness, color, and size. He lifted his hands to feel to adjust his scanshades, and found two things: his scanshades were gone, and his hands were not restrained, nor were his feet. "Wha..."

He looked left and saw the lone door in the room. And standing in front of it was a black-swathed figure--

"Teela!" Gecko madly scrambled off the recliner and tumbled onto the grated floor.

Teela's metallic voice chuckled. "There is a lever for that chair, you know. Anyway, welcome to my private sanctum. You should feel honored. You are only the third person I have granted this privilege to."

"Privilege, my donkey's hind!" Gecko growled.

"Oh please, Gecko, we're not in the public eye of Refuge, anymore. You can dispense with the silly euphemisms." Teela's right hand reached into a belt pocket and pulled out Gecko's recording device. "You are clearly capable of using the real arsenal."

"Why, you--" Looking at her belt, Gecko also now noticed that his sliver gun was affixed to it as well. "--you rotten--"

"You want your items back?" Teela put the recorder back into its pocket. "Come here and take them."

With a roar Gecko shot up his right arm and fired the grapple gun. With a blur of black motion Teela's left hand snapped up and caught the slender, near-invisible grapple line in midair.

"Is that all you got?" With a yank Teela had Gecko careening to the metal floor, his face impacting the grating just in front of Teela's shiny black boots. Gecko rolled over on his back and pulled down hard, as the winch in the grapple gun started winding the line back. Teela simply executed a front-flip, landing in the space between Gecko's legs.

The grapple line now completely rewound, Gecko kicked up at Teela's crotch, but that move was easily dodged and Teela caught his foot in the process. Flinging his arms back, Gecko shot himself up in the air, using Teela's grip on his foot for leverage. As soon as his gloves seized hold of the ceiling, Gecko pulled his feet up onto the ceiling as well, then swung down upside-down and spun around, his arms outstretched and ready to grab Teela's slender frame.

Instead, Teela grabbed both of Gecko's wrists and kneed him in the face. In response, Gecko leapt off the ceiling and behind Teela, dragging the supervillain down to the floor in the process. Teela released Gecko's wrists and spun up to a standing position, only to whirl into the path of Gecko's extended short blade, pointed at the throat and blazing in with lightning-like speed. In a movement just as quick, Teela's right hand shot up and slapped the side of the blade aside, while the left hand delivered itself straight into Gecko's gut. He doubled over on the floor, coughing.

"What...the...hell..." he breathed. "No one...can...outfight me...hand-to...hand."

"I am pleased to hear you use the proper vocabulary for exasperation," Teela's rough, metallic voice complimented. "But, as one of Refuge's best, you should know that the worst enemy to face is one that you cannot understand. As the great Ender Wiggin once said, 'Per sconfiggere il tuo nemico, devi amarli.' To defeat your enemy, you must love them."

"Enough of your stupid babbling!" Gecko started to rise again, but Teela drew his sliver gun and aimed it at him.

"As much as I enjoy the physical sparring, I am on a schedule, and there are things we must discuss before I leave. You already know that I can fire this weapon in spite of your protective measures to ensure otherwise. So do not fuck with me."

Gecko stood still. "Fine. So where you going?"

"Refuge, of course. It is time for the city to pay for what they did to my father."

"Aww, your supervillain daddy got his arse busted and you think that's not fair?"

"Silenzio! My father is Dr. David Wyrd, and your city betrayed him and stole his life's work! And I..." Teela reached up and began to pull away at the swathes of black cloth covering the face. "I am his true daughter!"

The black cloth fell away from her face, revealing a scene most grotesque: her head was human-shaped, her skin dark green and lumpy, her straight, stringy black hair grew only in patches atop her head, her nose sunk back into her face, her lips dark violet, yet strangely pale. She had no eyes; blank sockets where her eyes should have been stared back at Gecko blankly--literally.

"My...my god..." Gecko breathed.

"I am the child of human and alien. Through his technology Father spliced his chromosome with that of an alien, and with the knowledge of thousands of failures he kept me alive through gestation and birth. This room, this underground fortress--it was all his work, his source of solace after the betrayal of the city-state of Refuge."

"Your father...was a monster that tried to destroy Refuge--"

"You fool! Father's work was
sanctioned
by the Board of Refuge. By Director Lenin, herself! Or do you still believe the bullshit cover story that is rife with holes?"

"That's a load of bull! You're just trying to get to me--"

"Really? You know this uniform I wear? It is the uniform of the Black Suit division of your precious Bureau. Or rather...it was the uniform of Register Coombs. Minus the insect-like helmet, but that thing is so uncomfortable, I only wear it when--"

"Shut up, wench! There is no Black Suit division! All superhero activity is made known to the public eye--"

"Such as the development of the Bioaugmentational Dissuading and Sundering Mechanism?"

Gecko fell silently. Teela's lips curled up slightly. "There is so much BS secrecy that, were the public to know, they would riot and revolt. My father's
legitimate
experiments were never shut down. He just had the misfortune of having a widely-publicized failure. You know well the consequences of suffering widely-publicized failures, Gecko. But all you suffered for your mishap was medical leave; my father was branded the greatest enemy to Refuge and forced into exile."

"But...no! I was just given plenty of time to recover!"

Teela laughed. "To return to my monologue: Register Coombs, a member of the Black Suits, was a human that they injected with alien DNA. They know that if they can create the perfect hybrid, then they will be able to maintain true control over the people of Refuge. But the resources they had to work with were limited; most of the Refuge area was scoured and purged of all things alien to prevent the threat of alien uprising. So they started sending the Black Suits beyond the border, in search of alien technology and biology. Thus Register Coombs found his way through the tunnels to my lair. Of course, he had no way of knowing that I was spliced with a queen-mother, and thus have the ability to control other alien parasites--"

"You killed Redsuit!"

"Naturalmente! Of course I killed her. She was carrying a BS-controlled queen-mother. I obviously could not allow the bitch to live. You should not feel sorry for her, though; she was doing exactly what her mother asked of her."

"How dare--"

Teela waved the gun at him. "No more interruptions. As I was saying, I captured Mr. Coombs, interrogated him, and...well, it should be obvious. Non lasciate che il nemico vivo--"

"Will you at least tell me what the hell language that is?"

"Italian. Father loved the language, and taught it to me along with Standard. Many of these books were the prize of an old warehouse stocked with many crates--" Her eyes narrowed. "Qualsiasi più interruzioni-- Interrupt me again, and I'll shoot you in the hand!"

"Fine, fine!"

"I assumed his identity and infiltrated the Black Suits. Their hybrids must always keep their face covered to avoid drying out and dying, so I fit right in. The right technology was able to deceive their scanners, and I ironically found myself given a most important task: the bombing of your Government Center Tower."

"No--" Gecko stopped himself quickly. "Sorry."

Teela sighed. "Voglio perdonare questo peccato. So, of course, that is where we first met, in the hallway of the fourteenth floor. Do you know why the fourteenth floor was chosen? Because Floor Thirteen is the classified section of the GCT, and is the only floor that is completely reinforced against explosive blasts. Minimal damage, no casualties--maximal hysteria effect. The goal: public support for all-out war with the Outcasts.

"Alas, for the leaders of Refuge, the hysteria factor never truly set in. There were no casualties; the public was not outraged enough. Therefore, your Director conspired with the Superchief and the Black Suits to arrange the perfect scenario..." Teela smirked. "You already suspected something was wrong with your operation, as you confided to your recorder. But I doubt even you suspected that your leaders would be so callous as to send superheroes to their deaths..."

She chuckled as Gecko's face turned red and his teeth clenched together. "The plan was for me to ambush you in the tunnels, allowing you no escape. Of course, their plan also involved killing me and leaving no survivors...but I was...
fortunate
. The Black Suits are no longer a threat to me.

"As for my given mission? To be honest...you and your companions are as much a victim of the bullshit, of Refuge, as I. Thus, I will not kill you or your friends, outright; however, I cannot simply let you go, as you may warn the BS of my plans out of a misguided sense of justice, and I already know you are not ready to join me. Thus, you must be...detained."

She lowered the gun. "You may ask one question before I go."

Gecko stared at Teela. "Your name. What does it mean?"

Teela arched the skin of her hairless eyebrow. "Oh? I honestly expected you to ask me why I am telling you all this. So, because you surprised me, I shall answer both.

"I am named after a character from an old pre-war novel, called
Ringworld
. The character I am named after had extraordinary luck, so much so that it was referred to as 'the luck of Teela'. And as for why I have told you all these things...I think you have potential. All you need to do is open your blind eyes and truly see."

"I'll have you know," Gecko growled, "that we will find you and stop your diabolical plans. Refuge shall not fall to you today!"

Teela grinned. "Troppo tardi. You cannot stop me from having my revenge. Refuge will burn. Mark my words." She unclipped the belt from around her waist. "And besides, some of your own already work for me. Addio, compagno vittima!"

Suddenly, the floor underneath Gecko swung down, and he fell into a long, greased chute; the belt and his sliver gun clattered their way down just above him. A metal door slid closed, leaving Gecko in total darkness. Shortly afterwards, a square of light appeared below his feet, and Gecko and his personal affects slid into a large, circular room and crashed violently to the floor. Above him, the chute door slid solidly shut.

"Gecko!" Captain Amazing called out, rushing over to him. "Are you all right?"

Miss Chiff groaned. "Drat, so they got you, too."

"That means I win!" the Jape called out. "You owe me a favor now, Chiffy!"

"I
told
you not to take that bet," Leeds hissed at Chiff.

Gecko slowly stood up. "What happened to you guys?"

"We ran into a huge network of tunnels," Rawk replied.

"And then someone attacked us!" Awesome Man added. "We got separated."

"And without our homing becaons, we couldn't find each other," Tekkaman V griped. "So pardon me if I'm disappointed that you got captured."

"Enough of this!" Scarlet Red yelled. "That's all you guys have been doing is argue, argue, argue! It's driving me insane!"

"Scarlet's right," Lance-a-Lot spoke up. "We need to stop fighting each other and get out of this place!"

"We've already
tried
," KinFlyr growled. "There's no way out of here!"

"Not to mention that Zapper's dead, and that was
before
the ambush," 4Eyes growled. "How can
anyone
be trusted--"

"Wait," Gecko interrupted. "Zapper's dead?"

"Yeah." Captain Amazing replied. "We don't know how, either. He was just lying in the tunnel, his eyes turned up into his head--"

Suddenly, two large doors, as high as the ceiling, opened up on opposite sides of the room. At either entrance, dozens of men, women, and gender-ambiguous people stood in wait, many with menacing weapons in hand.

"Just as Teela promised!" a man called out. "Let's have our fill of vengeance on these superhero fuckers!"

"For my brother!" a woman.

"For my husband!" another woman screamed.

"For my mutajou!" cried a child's voice. With that, both mobs began to rush in, closing on the heroes.

Gecko picked up the belt, fastened it around his waist, and bent back down to grab the sliver gun. He left it in hip-fire mode. "How about we unite ourselves and kick some serious donkey's hind?" he suggested.

"Agreed!" came eleven other cries. The heroes of Refuge and the Outcast heroes formed up as Gecko began barking orders...

Spoiler: Vote Count 1
Unknown Room

TIME
07/23/2081 11:41:30

"Yarrrr!" A thin, obscenely-muscular man, naked save for a tiny white thong and with purplish skin and green hair, rushed for 4Eyes. "I lost m' brotha to da Box becaws o' you, an' I be gonna makin' ya pay!"

4Eyes, his hat held in his hands, shrugged nonchalantly. "Whatever."

Suddenly, blue goo exploded all over the purple man's face. Scraping madly at the stuff, the man wandered straight into the foot of 4Eyes, smashing him right between his beefy thighs. The thug collapsed to the floor, doubling up in pain; with one quick stop to the throat, 4Eyes put his agony to a relatively swift end.

"Dag nammit, Chiff, go get your own kills!" he yelled out.

"Aren't we supposed to be, like, a team?" Chiff did a pair of front flips and stood by 4Eyes' side. "Besides, he had plenty of reach on you."

"I know how to take care of myself."

"I gotta admit, that
was
a wicked curb-stomp!"

"No more wicked than shoving a Bluesmaker down the throat."

"Hey!" Chiff took a wand-shaped device from her belt. "Last I checked, she was kicking a lot of ass. Someone had to take her down?"

"You know, in the old days, superheroes used to
try
keeping everyone alive. Including the bad guys."

Chiff touched her wand to an incoming enemy--a black woman, maybe sixty years old, her eyes sunk back into her skull, dressed in tattered pink rags. The woman immediately started laughing uncontrollably, doubling up on the ground in her hilarity.

"Times have changed," Chiff replied. "You seriously aren't getting sentimental on the battlefield, are you?"

4Eyes bent down and, with a quick movement of his hands, split the laughing woman's spinal cord at the neck. "Of course not."
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm busy with getting settled in with the new job, so I can't get things started quite just yet, but role PMs will be sent by Friday night, at the latest. I'm hoping it will be sooner than that, though.

In the meantime, enjoy this delicious flavor segment.

Spoiler: Flavor
How strange, the sudden reversal of my fortunes. This morning, I awoke with little hope of being a superhero ever again. Now, I don my suit and scanshades as the appointed leader of the superteam tasked to track down and capture the villainous Teela.

We depart beyond the border tomorrow morning. That's awfully fast, but considering that Teela could be anywhere out there, plotting something more dangerous than a bomb in the blast-resistant GCT, I guess it's imperative that we catch the son of a bitch as soon as possible.

The selection of team members seems okay, if a little underwhelming. From what I can tell, they've been culled from the lesser known superheroes; the only hero of some note is Captain Amazing. And Tekkaman V, I guess, though I've never cared much for actor-heroes. Fucking drama queens.

Anyway, there's a gala being put on tonight, both for the ten of us heroes to start interacting with each other, and to announce our mission to the public eye of Refuge. I'm kind of running late, actually. There's just one more thing I need to vox, though:

I didn't take this mission to bring Teela to justice. I took this mission to pay Teela back for all the misery that's been heaped on me. The M.O. says to take Teela alive...but I'm not sure, if I had the chance...it doesn't matter. One way or another, Teela won't fucking escape this time.

I'm going to be late, dammit.

Radioactive Free Plaza

TIME
07/21/2081 21:01:06

The last rays of crimson light from the sun bounced their way through the myriad dust and air molecules hanging around in the Earth's atmosphere, gently bathing the large throng of people gathered in Radioactive Free Plaza. Portable lights also cast their harsh glow on the scene, with all the multiplex colors of the rainbow represented. Loudspeakers blasted the noises of a multi-instrument band on the plaza's central dais, a form of music that resembled the shrill sounds of a dying lab rat mixed with the resplendent rumblings of a softly-flowing creek, with a nasal, gutteral voice incoherently wheezing depressive-sounding lyrics atop it. Some of the people, mostly the ones near the stage, danced by themselves and with each other atop the soft, chartreuse grass, in ways that went far beyond being suggestive; only the presence of clothing on their bodies kept the dancing from becoming an outright orgy.

At the edge of this particular crowd stood two superheroes. One wore a green skinsuit, his face covered by a hood except for the green eyes, thick-lipped mouth, and buttcheek jaw; the other, a red-haired, blue-eyed woman sporting a sleeveless leotard with elbow-length gloves and knee-high boots, all colored a dark shade of scarlet.

"Can't you feel that beat, pulsating through your beautifully-delicate veins?" the man shouted to the woman, over the raucous volume of the band. "Doesn't it make you want to rip all your clothes off and do the hokey pokey?"

The woman shuddered. "I don't like crowds," she bellowed back. "Too much noise."

"Then why'd you come to a party, then? Huh, huh?" The man glanced down at a rather prominent bulge in between his legs, then back at the woman. "Or maybe you just wanted to see my
awesomeness
in person. The vids don't really do it justice, you know."

"Awesome Man is nothing but a outdated Tekka relic." The woman crossed her arms underneath her amply-sized bosom. "Why would I even think of the idea?"

Awesome Man shrugged and chuckled. "Hey, I just thought you might be interested in having fun with people that aren't bad guys, for once--"

"Mother
Earth
!" The woman whirled away from Awesome Man and all but stomped away.

From a distance, a tall man, his shaved head covered by a large, wide-brimmed black fedora, observed the interactions of the scarlet-clad superhero and Awesome Man. He pulled the sides of his tan trench coat together as the first chills of night visited the plaza. "Oh, Scarlet Red," he murmured. "You never were one to handle insults well."

Suddenly, he whirled around in time to see a short, skinny blonde girl in a red leotard, solid blue leggings, shiny silver boots and gloves, and white scanshades reaching toward his hat. He deftly brushed her arm to the side. "Is that really the best use of your time, Leeds? Trying to steal my hat?"

The girl giggled. "Don't you see what's happening, 4Eyes?"

"I have no idea of what you're talking about."

"Show him, Chiff!"

"With pleasure," replied a girl directly behind 4Eyes as she removed the hat from his head, revealing the closed eyes on the back of his head.

"Hey!" 4Eyes exclaimed, whirling to face Chiff. "Give that back!"

Chiff laughed and, tossing the hat into the air, cartwheeled to stand next to Leeds, catching the hat as she finished the roll. She was attired almost exactly as Leeds but for having a blue leotard and red leggings; otherwise, even down to the shoulder-length blonde hair, the two young women looked so similar it was unnerving. A small crowd now watched the unfolding events, some with laughter, some with scowls, the rest with curious indifference.

4Eyes sighed. "Such maturity from the Miss Twins. You know that's why you two aren't taken seriously as superheroes, right?"

"Oh, lighten up, 4Eyes," Chiff laughed airily. "You're way too uptight."

"I get migraines if I don't cover my second eyes, dogspit it!"

"Oh, fine." Chiff handed the hat to Leeds, who tossed it at 4Eyes. Just as he reached out to seize the hat, it flew backwards in the air back to Leeds' hand.

All four of 4Eyes' eyes flew wide open. "Dodgam you!"

Both girls laughed uproariously. "Sorry...I couldn't...resist...using one of my toys," Leeds gasped out between peals of laughter, holding out the hat. 4Eyes yanked the hat from her hand, whirled around, and disappeared into the crowd.

Nearby, a small group of men and women, all dressed in glittery yellow jackets with the word "REPORTER" emblazoned on the back in jet black letters, stood gathered around a humanoid-shaped collection of hexagonal dull gray plates. Atop the shoulder area was an egg-shaped protrusion, extending upward; on the center of the front of the egg-head was a band of red light, with a speaker-like circle just below that. Within the red band of light was a short white dot, and this zoomed back and forth across the band, seemingly focusing on whichever reporter was speaking at the time.

"Tekkaman V!" called one of the female reporters, this one having the distinction of wearing pants that left one to wonder whether she was even wearing underwear or not. "Patty Long for
Refuge Radical
, here. How will this mission you will be joining affect your availability for the new Tekkaman movie?"

The white dot zoomed to her. A deep, metallic male voice spoke, as though speaking over a radio: "Well, Patty, considering all the major scenes have been filmed thus far, it shouldn't cause any trouble at all. If, for some reason, I won't be available, I'm sure a replica suit and a double can be employed."

Another woman, this one with her short hair half-green and half-purple, raised her recording device at the metal-clad man. "Tekkaman, Bunny Springs, of
The Supertabs
. Recently, director A.A. Jaybrims hinted that Tekkaman will do something never before done in a Tekkaman film: explicit sexual intercourse. Can you confirm that?"

"I can't confirm or deny anything about
Tekkaman 16
, Bunny, but if you want to see Tekkaman performing live sexual intercourse, you know where my penthouse is." At this the other reporters chuckled. "I'll tell the staff to send you on up."

"Tekkaman!" This voice belonged to a male reporter with a pink skullcap over his long white hair; the white dot zipped over to him. "Dook Cambell,
Tekka Times
. While your four predecessors were all superheroes, only the first Tekkaman ever truly saw significant superhero action in real life. Do you think the fact that you were specifically asked to be on this mission has any significance as to your legitimacy as a real superhero?"

"I'll tell you what it means," growled a gruff male voice, also sounding as though over a radio. Surprised, Tekkaman V and the other reporters turned and saw a man dressed entirely in a black rubber suit, except for a clear plastic visor showing jaded brown eyes. Chestnut wisps of hair, tinged with white, clung to the sweat-soaked brown skin around his eyes. An oval-shaped speaker was affixed just below the visor. From this speaker continued the voice: "He's no legitimate hero. He's just an actor in a mechanized suit. The suit's what does all the work."

"Zapper," Tekkaman V said. "I believe this is my interview, no? And you're wrong, incidentally. I can pull my own weight amongst the superheroes, thank you very much."

Zapper held his right hand--the only one of his hands to be in a detachable glove--away from his body. "Like what? When's the last time you've rescued anyone other than a teenager from his or her virginity?"

"Heh. You're just jealous because you can't have any. Having sex with you would be too much an
electrifying
experience."

"That's what's different about us mutants," Zapper countered. "We're born the way we are. Tekkas just have freightloads of cash and expensive laboratories that they can do whatever with. Space it, you're not even a true Tekka!"

"Hey!" telled a man from nearby, his voice scrawny and shrill. "Knock it off, both of you!"

Everyone turned now to stare as the newcomer strode onto the scene, clad in a heavily-plated, yet flexible armorsuit, colored a muted black; a helmet, resembling that of a medieval knight, covered his head; at his waist hung a utility belt containing many pouches, though the most significant item on it was a half-meter rod wrapped in grip pads.

"Mind your own business, Lance-a-Lot!" Zapper growled. "This ain't your argument!"

"For saint's sake, Zapper, it's a party! Chillax, man!" Lance-a-Lot turned to face Tekkaman V. "And you know better than to provoke him like that!"

Tekkaman V sighed. "Zapper's right, Lance. Quit butting into other people's business."

"But that's what superheroes are supposed to do!"

"Not with other superheroes, it isn't. Go find yourself a sidekick and get thermonuclear together. Leave us grown-ups alone."

"I'm not--" With a huff Lance-a-Lot spun around and stormed off.

From a short distance away, Gecko turned away from the aftermath of the unfolded spectacle and turned back to face Captain Amazing, the superhero he was dancing with. "Another crisis averted," he remarked.

Captain Amazing shook her head, clearing the shoulder-length black hair away from her eyes. "I wish we could all just get along," she remarked. "I mean, I'm tekka, you're hybrid, and here we are, enjoyably dancing together." A gleam came to her violet eyes. "I am, of course, assuming you are enjoying this mild form of sexual stimulation."

Gecko chuckled and--placing one hand on her back, the other on her ass, covered by her charcoal-colored skinsuit--he pulled her body close, tightly against his; her similarly-colored cape, with a winged, five-pointed golden star emblazoned on its back, draped atop his hand.

"May I confide something in you?" Gecko whispered loudly into Captain Amazing's ear, over the roar of the music. "I'm concerned that we seem to not have much intel, even though we're going beyond the border. From what I know of it, everything's different out there. Shouldn't we get more info than 'we'll know everything we need to know'?"

"They also said we'd be further briefed in the morning," Captain Amazing whispered back.

"But that's another thing. Why so quickly? Don't we need time to gel as a team? I keep thinking about it, and it seems so odd--"

"Hey, Gecko! Captain Amazing!" The two superheroes turned and saw Director Lenin and the Superchief next to them, as closely enmeshed together as the other dancers. "Good to see you two getting along so well," the Superchief continued. "As far as I'm concerned, you two are the best leaders on the team."

"And I'm glad to see you, Gecko," the Director added. "After what you've been through and all. Let me voice my support for the actions that you took that day, as well as my confidence in the success of your mission."

Gecko nodded. "Thank you, Director."

"Please, you can call me Mickel."

"Oh, there has been one slight change to the team roster," the Superchief spoke up. "We've added one of our most promising academy students to the lineup, for her redsuit mission."

"Okay, sir..." Gecko paused for a moment. "Why the change?"

"Maybe she could show you herself," Mickel suggested. "It's my daughter, Lexie. Hey, I see her over there! You folks wait here, we'll have her come on over."

The Superchief flashed Gecko and Captain Amazing a grin before being whisked away by Mickel Lenin and vanishing into the throng.

"Lovely," Gecko said quietly to Captain Amazing. "The Director's kid wants her fifteen minutes, and decides to get it in the worst possible way. This is not an appropriate redsuit mission in any way."

"Well, it's out of your hands." Captain Amazing jiggled Gecko's buttocks. "At least she supports you as the leader."

"Yeah, well, where were her words of support for the three months I went on medical leave--"

Someone tapped on Gecko's shoulder. "Um, excuse me, sir?"

Gecko turned his head and saw a young woman standing beside him, dressed in a bright red one-piece suit that clung complimentarily to every curve of her beauteous, beige-skinned body. Her shoulder-length lavender hair concealed one of her jade-green eyes. "Gecko, I presume?" she spoke again, her voice cool and collected. "I am Alexandra Lenin, but, given our sudden relationship, I ask that you just call me Redsuit."

"Well...sure. That makes sense."

"My mother told me to show you why I was added to your team," Redsuit continued, "but...I see you are already with Captain Amazing. I do not want to intrude, but I would prefer to be away from the public eye of Refuge. I can leave and send you my files, instead--"

"Is it all right if I'm with both of you?" Captain Amazing inquired.

Redsuit turned slightly to face Captain Amazing. "Of course, that is fine."

Without warning Captain Amazing reached out, drew Redsuit in, and planted a long, lascivious kiss on her lips. "Then may I suggest that the three of us find somewhere private?"

"How about my place?" Gecko suggested, one of his hands now fondling Redsuit's rump.

Redsuit and Captain Amazing nodded. Together the three of them threaded their way out of the party scene. Less than five minutes later, they were piled in the back of a cab. The rainbow-prismatic view of Radioactive Free Plaza from the E-car as it slid frictionlessly atop the purplish E-way forcefield was spectacular, but their faces were too far buried into various aspects of each others' bodies to notice it...

My computer decided to give me technical issues that set me back, but I've blasted through that and now have the Role PMs nearly complete! I will have them sent out before I sleep tonight. And trust me, these Role PMs will be worth the wait!
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

SaintKerrigan's Mafia Ruleset

RRatRBS: CoaS Variation

Article I: Day

1. The game is a day start.
2. Day shall last two weeks.
3. During the day, you may place votes on a person using this format:
Vote: Player-X.

3a. Unvotes are not required, but are very helpful.
4. When a player receives more than half of the total votes at any point during the day, that player is lynched.
5. Once a player is lynched, twilight begins.
6. If the deadline has passed and no one has received more than half the total votes, no one will be lynched.
7. If a player has not posted within 72 hours, they will be prodded.
7a. Failure to reply to the prod in thread (or by PM during the night) in 24 hours will result in replacement of that player.
7b. If a player has been prodded three times and is due for another prod, they will be automatically replaced.
7c. If a player continually skirts the prodding threshold with insubstantial antiprod posts, they may be prodded anyway at the mod's discretion.
7c(1). These prods count toward the three-prod threshold mentioned in Article I, Section 8b.
7d. If a player has been absent long enough to be replaced, but has yet to be prodded, the 24-hour safety window will automatically be waived.
8. The mod will attempt to provide at least one vote count per day.
8a. The mod will not, however, provide more than one vote count per page unless he deems it necessary.
8b. Additional vote counts will be provided at the mod's discretion.
8c. Players may request additional vote counts from the mod, which he may grant at his discretion.
8c(1). Requests that would violate Article I, Section 8a will, at the least, be frowned upon severely.

Article II: Twilight

1. Votes and unvotes will not be counted during twilight.
2. The lynchee may continue to talk during this time, as well as any other living player.
3. Unless otherwise specified, actions may not be submitted during twilight.
4. Once the lynch scene has been posted, the mod will lock the thread and night will commence.

Article III: Night

1. Night will last 72 hours.
2. During the night, any roles or factions with night abilities may choose to use them by PMing the mod (see the Role PM for role-specific instructions).
2a. If the role or faction chooses not to submit an action, a PM to the mod stating such is preferred.
3. Once the deadline for night has passed, all actions not received will count as a No Action.
3a. Actions submitted solely via QuickTopic will also be counted as No Action.
3a(1). In other words, make sure you submit your actions via PM.
3a(2). The mod will not be lenient on this matter. You have been warned.
4. Once night is over, there will be a short delay before the breaking of day as the mod finishes resolving actions and writing flavor.

Article IV: Special Game Mechanics: Energy

1. All abilities, unless otherwise specified, require energy in order to be used.
2. All players will recharge their energy at the beginning of the night phase.
2a. The amount each player will recharge is detailed in their respective Role PM.
3. If you try to use an ability and lack sufficient energy for it, the action will fail.
3a. The mod may or may not warn you if this happens prior to the deadline, so you are advised to keep on top of things.
4. If you have zero energy and an ability causes you to lose a specific amount of energy, you will die.

Article V: Special Game Mechanics: Abilities and Actions

1. All abilities, unless otherwise specified, are one of--or a combination of--the following three types: Physical, Electrical, and Psionic.
1a. What type your ability is determines how it can interact with other abilities.
1a(1). For example, an action that blocks psionic abilities is unable to block abilities that are physical or electrical.
1a(2). However, an action that blocks psionic abilities can also block an ability that is physical and psionic.
2. The game uses a custom action resolution, but you can assume that, in general, abilities will resolve similarly to Natural Action Resolution.
3. Unless otherwise specified, you may only target a single player during whatever phase you submit your action in.
3a. However, you may use more than one ability during a phase.
3a(1). If you use multiple abilities, they must all target the same player and you must have sufficient energy for each ability.
3b. Unless otherwise specified, you may not use self-targeting abilities in conjunction with abilities that target other people.
4. Unless otherwise specified, you are allowed to modify and/or cancel any action submissions you've made up until the end of the phase the submission was made in.

Article VI: Capital Offenses

1. Do not quote your Role PM (with one exception: members of the VILLAIN faction may quote their Role PMs in their designated quicktopic).
1a. Do not quote any kind of PM whatsoever.
1b. Do not quote the names of any abilities you may or may not have.
1b(1). If you wish to claim, you must use paraphrase only.
1b(2). You may, however, discuss your energy levels/recharge rate.
2. Do not use invisible text, codes, cryptography, etc.
3. If you have the power to edit your posts, don't.
4. Do not insult other players personally.
5. Do not test the mod by experimenting to see what he considers a personal insult.
Dark Red
is the mod's color. Don't use it.
7. Do not talk about ongoing games.
8. Do not quote any QuickTopics you may have access to, unless the mod has given you permission.
9. If any of these offenses in Article VI are committed, the first action taken will be a warning against the player.
9a. If the offense is deemed severe enough, the mod may waive the use of a warning in favor of sterner solutions.
10. Any further offenses committed will result in either a sterner warning, forced replacement, or a modkill, to be determined at the mod's discretion.
11. Modkill means you are removed from the game and autolossed.

Article VII: Miscellaneous

1. The mod has the final say on any issue.
1a. However, the mod can make mistakes. If he does, please point them out either in a PM or in thread.
2. If something is missing from this ruleset, do not exploit the loophole.
2a. Instead, point it out to the mod so it can be corrected.
2b. Taking advantage of a loophole will result in anything from a warning to a modkill.
3. If you need any help, or have questions, or just want to talk in general, feel free to PM the mod.
3a. This does not mean the mod is obligated to answer any of your questions.
4. In some games, dead people can talk, but this doesn't happen to be one of them.
4a. Unless otherwise specified.
5. The mod reserves the right to edit this ruleset as he deems necessary.

Article VIII: Flavor

1. Flavor is simply flavor. Speculate about it at your own peril.
2. All players have "game-names" that represent them in flavor scenes. They do not denote any player's alignment whatsoever.
3. The
HERO
faction is the town faction in this game, represented by the color
orange
3a. The
ALIEN
faction is the mafia faction in this game, represented by the color
green
3b. If any third-party factions are present in the game, they will be represented by the color
purple
4. In the flavor, the term "lynch" will be replaced by other names for terminating someone's life.
4a. However, votes made using terms other than that described in Article I, Section 3 will not be counted.
5. Reveals in this game, unless modified by an action, will consist of player name, game-name, and alignment.

Article IX: The Most Important Rule of All

1. Remember, this is a game. Don't forget to have fun!

Spoiler: Sample Town PM
Hello, NPC. Your game-name is
Redsuit
. This name will be used for flavor purposes only, and does not denote your alignment whatsoever.

As the daughter of the Director, you've never really wanted for anything in life. You got whatever you wanted, and that includes getting into the Superschool despite seemingly not having any talents that qualified you for the berth. You quickly learned that threatening people with the ire of your mother was more than sufficient motivation to not give you any trouble. As you grew older, other effective methods of persuasion opened up to you, as well...and you were good enough to have an effect on both the sexes.

Ultimately, you did develop some prowess in martial arts, along with a razor-sharp intellect. It still took some "persuasion" to be named the head of your class, but it was mostly because that route was simple and sure. Now a task force has been assembled to locate the villainous Teela, and you decided that you wanted a share of the glory that would come from accomplishing that objective. You merely let your mother know of your desire, and before long the Superchief more than willingly added you in as the group's fifteenth member. Time for you to see just what your mettle is made of...

You are a member of the
HERO
faction. You will win the game when all threats to the Heroes are eliminated.

The following is information regarding your superpowers:

ABILITY INFORMATION

Maximum Energy Level: 100
Current Energy Level: 75
Recharge Rate: 25

GREAT PERSUASION:
You know how to get people to do what you want...

- Unless prevented by another action, you may redirect the actions of up to three players this night phase to up to three targets of your choosing.
Energy Cost: 1

Ability Type: Physical

THE PRIVATE COMMUNICATOR!:
Threatening to tell Mom works most of the time...

- You are immune to most actions (including lynches) this night phase and the subsequent day phase.
Energy Cost: 1

Ability Type: Physical, Electrical

VERY IMPORTANT PERSON:
If you die, it won't go over well with Mom. And when Mom gets irate...

- If you die, the person responsible for your death immediately loses the game.
Energy Cost: n/a

Ability Type: n/a

REST:
Not using your powers and conserving your energy is sometimes the best thing to do...

During the night, you may choose to rest. You will not be able to use any other powers, but you will
gain 1 energy
at the end of the current night phase. Unless otherwise specified, this action cannot be blocked.
Energy Cost: n/a

Ability Type: n/a

Please confirm by PMing me the contents of the following rules from the ruleset: Article I, Rule 1; Article II, Rule 1; and Article V, Rule 1. The game thread is here.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

That was one hell of a night. Both ladies are still in my bedroom, in the nude and in Nod. Oh yeah, the women are Captain Amazing--every bit as amazing as her name suggests--and the Director's daughter, Redsuit, with far more...talent than any sixteen year-old I remember having.

Funny--I've only been calling her Redsuit for less than twelve hours, and already I'm having trouble remembering her real name. Alexandra Lenin. She won't be Redsuit for long, of course. Once she's completed this mission, her Redsuit mission, she'll graduate from the Supercademy, the public will award her with her superhero name, and she'll join the ranks of Refuge's superheroes.

But she won't be Alexandra, anymore. The superhero identity completely consumes whatever identity you previously had. Hell, I sometimes have trouble remembering my own real name. Gideon Galvenovski. Son of...Victor and...was his name Victor...or was it Antony...

You forget. You just forget who you are. That's the price you pay for becoming a superhero of Refuge. Is this always how it was, or did that just start with the Bureau?

I should prolly wake up the women, soon. We're going to the Bureau to get our rad shots, and then it's off to the border.

The Supertower, Sublevel 2

TIME
07/22/2081 10:22:54

Gecko stood silently outside the elevator doors, waiting for the cab to arrive. Behind him, the muted gray corridor lined on both sides with plain white doors, with a white, tiled floor and mirrored ceiling; striplights lining the vertices where the walls and ceiling met provided soft illumination with a slightly bluish hue. The hallway temperature was perfectly warm, and yet Gecko was shivering.

In front of him, the elevator doors
swisched
open, and inside the cab's all-white interior was the Superchief. "All right, man, just the fella I wanted to see!" the Superchief exclaimed. "I was starting to wonder if you were all right, seeing as everyone else's done got the shots and all--hey, you okay, man? You're shivering."

Gecko blushed. "I, um...I've always felt that way down here, sir. In the sublevels. Something about them makes me feel uneasy."

"I hope you're not afraid of subterranean passageways. You're going in one, according to the intel."

"I've been in tunnels before. Refuge is chock-full of them. But this place...I don't know...are you going to come with me to the hangar, sir?"

"Yeah, I'll accompany you. But we're not going to the hangar just yet. There's...something that I need to tell you, before the mission starts. It's kind of important."

"Yes, sir?" Gecko stepped into the elevator cab, typed "+81" on the touchscreen keypad, and tapped the "enter" button.

"Stand clear of the closing doors," a soft, sultry voice announced; shortly thereafter, the elevator doors rapidly
swisched
shut.

Gecko turned to face the Superchief. "What do you mean by 'important', sir?"

"Well...you know how there hasn't really been much mention on how you're getting the intel for out in the field?"

"I...did notice that, sir. I assume there was a reason for that?"

"Let's...just say that it was better off for everyone that the real information sources not be divulged while in the presence of alcoholic beverages, supersonic crystals, and other such mind-altering substances."

"Why? Is it illegal?"

"Not per se. But some would see it as--"

"Eighty-first floor, lower hangar level," the soft, sultry voice spoke up, as the doors
swisched
open. "If there were any problems with your elevator ride..."

The rest of the cab's message was lost as both Gecko and the Superchief marched stiffly into the red-striped orange hallway. "This way," the Superchief said, beckoning to a door down the hall and to the left from where the elevators were.

They stepped over towards the door. "See it as what, sir?" Gecko asked.

"Well...unethical."

As they approached the door, the Superchief flashed his right middle finger at the door; nothing of particular importance happened. "Blasted sensor isn't reading my ringkey, again," the Superchief muttered, moving his middle finger near a specific location just above the door frame and holding it there. This time, the door slid back.

The room itself appeared to be a vacant storage room; aluminum-plated floor, brown walls and ceiling, empty shelves, altogether bland and nondescript. What was strange were the four people standing in the room, wearing strange costumes and even stranger faces. One had arms where her legs should haven been; another had brown, hairless skin that appeared akin to the surface of sun-cracked clay; the third's internal organs, bones, and muscles were visible under his translucent skin; the fourth person seemed the most normal, save for the ridiculousness of her attire: black shirt and pants, orange trench coat and knee-high stiletto boots, white gloves, and a black top hat atop her bob-cut black hair.

Gecko looked at the strangers, then at the Superchief, confusion evident in his facial expression. "These aren't Refuge superheroes. I know all of our own...they must be...sir, what the heck is going on?"

"Oh, you mean your dear little Superchief hadn't filled you in on that part yet, Gecko-boy?" the woman in orange spat out. "We're a bunch of infamous, so-called outcasts that just happened to be dumb enough to get caught on the wrong side of the border."

"Shut up, Jape," the Superchief. "Garbage knows they'll have to put up with your excessive banter enough as it is."

Narrowed ice-blue eyes stared back at the Superchief. "Whatever you say, you dirty little
nigga
."

Gecko gasped. "Oh, my!"

The Superchief shrugged. "That's the Jape. Untamed and wild-spirited. And, like she said, the four of them are captured supervillains.

"That's a relative term, supervillain," the man with translucent skin spoke, his voice seemingly rife with pent-up energy. "Where we come from, we're goddamned superheroes."

"Like hell you are, KinFlyr," growled the oven-roasted man. "You're probably the only one of us here that actually
is
a supervillain."

"All right," the Superchief interjected, "that's enough." He reached into his utility belt and pulled out a rectangular black object with small red and green buttons beneath a clear plastic cover. "Shut up, all of you."

"You can't use that on us, yet." KinFlyr cackled. "We're too fucking valuable to you."

"Oh, yeah? You wanna try me, you little son of a patchwork quilt?"

KinFlyr sighed. "Fuck you, too."

The Superchief turned to Gecko. "That, as you should have figured out by now, is KinFlyr. The oven-roasted dude is the infamous Rawk--"

"My name isn't Rawk--" the man tried to interject, but the Superchief pointed the remote-thing in his direction and he fell silent.

"As I was saying, that's Rawk. And the quiet four-armed freak is only known as Jerusha KinKane. These four will provide you with all the intel you'll need out there."

"I vaguely recognize the first three names from the database," said Gecko. "But I don't know Jerusha. What's her alias? What did she do?"

"I attempted to rob one of your supply cache buildings," Jerusha spoke up, her voice sickeningly sweet. "You rich people have so much to share, yet you let the people outside starve to death and fight over rad-contaminated food stores. I do not regret what I tried to do. I did what was right."

Gecko frowned. "Last time I checked, young lady, stealing was a crime."

"Tell that to Robin Hood."

"Robin who?"

The Superchief put a hand on Gecko's shoulder. "Don't bother. They're all three nukes short of a meltdown." He held the black device towards Gecko. "This, however, is very persuasive. The Einsteins downstairs call it a 'Bioaugmentational Dissuading and Sundering Mechanism'."

"A
what
?"

"Yeah, my reaction, too. Just call it the BDSM. Anyway, this little gizmo controls small bioaugments implanted in each of those four supervillains--heck if I remember where, in the brain or some shizzaz like that. Doesn't matter where, but what
does
matter is what this does to our fiendish friends, there. Observe."

He flipped the cover back and punched each of the four red buttons, and immediately the four outcasts fell to the ground, writhing in apparent agony; yet none of them made a sound.

"See? It puts them in agonizing pain, yet disables their ability to scream, so you can give 'em punishment even in hostile territory. Pretty slick, eh? Heh heh heh."

He now pressed the four green buttons, and the four outcasts stopped.

"Press the green button, and the process stops. Let it go on long enough, and it will kill them. So I'm told, anyway. The signal transmits locally
and
via our supertransmitters, so no matter how far away they are from you, you'll still be able to deal with them. That's why they didn't try to get out of this storage room, in case you were wondering."

"Yeah, I had..."

The Superchief held out the BDSM. "It's all yours, man. Just...try not to let it be publicly known that you have this. You know how the public eye of Refuge can get when it smells the...
questionable
."

Gecko took the BDSM and placed it in one of the pouches on his utility belt. "Understood, sir."

"Good, good. Better get yourselves to the hangar and on your way, then."

In Hangar-1, nine superheroes and a redsuit waited, along with a boxy, orange-painted flyskiff, it's gull-wing side door up and open.

"Weren't we supposed to leave at 10:10:00?" Lance-a-Lot asked aloud.

"We all know that already, Lance," snarled Zapper. "Maybe if certain people hadn't taken their sweet time in getting here--"

"Hey!" Redsuit exclaimed. "I got up here ten minutes before ten minutes after, it's not my fault!"

"It's true," Captain Amazing pointed out. "And I arrived a few minutes before that."

Tekkaman V sighed, in his metallic voice. "So it's just Gecko, then. Probably boffing the nurse."

"That's more like something
you'd
do, actor-hero," 4Eyes growled. "Considering that's all you can do outside of your suit."

"Hey!" Scarlet Red shrieked. "Do we
really
need all this bickering? It's producing nothing but hostile atmosphere."

"Maybe you should do something about that?" Miss Chiff suggested.

"After all," Miss Leeds chimed in, "you
are
quite experienced with defusing hostile atmospheres, if you know what I mean."

That remark elicited stifled chuckles out of everyone except for Scarlet Red and Awesome Man; the latter outright bellowed with laughter. "Oh, Leeds, but you sure do know how to come off well. I'd love to see how well you come
on
."

Everyone fell silent. Shortly thereafter, the lower main entrance doors slid open, revealing Gecko and--

"Who the blazes are
those
cretins?" Lance-a-Lot exclaimed, leaping towards the oncoming group while snatching the half-meter rod off of his belt and gripping it with both hands. As his feet hit the Densmetal™-plated floor, a long, shiny silver pike shot out from either end of the rod, revealing it to be a double-edged lance. "Explain yourself, Gecko!"

Gecko sighed. "Calm down, Lance. They're with us."

"Look at that!" Chiff exclaimed. "That blonde chick's got no legs!"

"Wouldn't it be easier for her to crawl on all fours," Leeds spoke, "rather than standing upright with only her arms?"

"She's sexy enough in that black leotard, though," Awesome Man remarked.

Rawk snarled. "You Refuge ilk have no sense of honor!"

"Says an
outcast
," Zapper shot back.

"Why is that dishonorable?" Jerusha inquired. "Simply because we are different?"

"Strong words from a four-armed freak," Tekkaman V responded.

"What's wrong with having four arms?" 4Eyes countered. "You got something to say against mutants?"

"Yeah, that's a good question," added Scarlet Red. "I'm a mutant, is something wrong with me?"

"Hey, guys, don't help them!" Redsuit hissed.

"What, you scared, little girl?" KinFlyr smirked. "I only nearly succeeded with flooding the ventilation systems of Refuge with a deadly neurotoxin, there's nothing to be scared of in me."

"Yes, and I'm the one that caught you and locked you away," Captain Amazing. "I don't know what you're doing loose, but whoever authorized it made a
huge
mistake."

The Jape cackled maniacally. "Ah, all this chaos. At last, I'm starting to enjoy myself! Anybody got a deck of cards for me to play with?"

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!"

Gecko's bellowing voice, amplified by the microhorn he held to his lips, was enough to quell the clamor. He continued, over the microhorn, "These are outcasts, and they are our primary source of information once we leave Refuge. They've agreed to help us--"

KinFlyr coughed loudly, and Gecko glared at him. "Got something in your throat?"

"Sorry, just this wretchedly clean air. Continue."

"As I was saying, they've agreed to help us, and like it or not, we're going to have to work with them. Remember, our mission is Teela. Teela is the threat, not them. Whatever differences we may have with them, let's put them aside at least long enough to deal with the true threat. Teela will be brought to justice. Whatever the cost.

"Now, we're already late for our departure, and I apologize for that. Load up and let's get moving."

Grumbling assents were given. The four outcast heroes climbed in first, going to the back; the Refuge superheroes went in after them. Gecko entered last and crawled forward to the cockpit section, seating himself in the pilot's chair. He punched a button, and the door lowered itself closed, with a mechanical whir.

After quickly checking the status report screen, Gecko tapped his earpiece once. "Everyone online and buckled up?" A flurry of ayes and affirmatives followed. "Good. Hangar Control, this is
Skyhawk One
. We're green for launch. Please open the launch doors for Hangar-1."

"We read you, Skyhawk One. Opening doors, now. May you have the best of luck."

In front of the flyskiff, the launch doors slid back almost silently, revealing a clouded gray sky. Helipods on the four corners of the flyskiff spun to life, and moments later
Skyhawk One
shot from the hangar and out above the city of Refuge, streaking toward its destination...

There have been technical difficulties as of late, and as I was unexpectedly out all day I didn't get a chance to make sure things were kosher here. I'll do a little bit of checking tonight to make sure everyone received their Role PMs, and then get fully on top of things tomorrow. I apologize for the long delays.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Alright, most everyone is confirmed. The ones that haven't have until 6:00 p.m. CST tomorrow to get their confirms in before I start looking for replacements. Regardless, I plan to start the game at some point tomorrow evening, likely around 9:00 p.m. CST or so. See y'all tomorrow.

Oh, and you folks have no idea what the hell you got yourselves into. Just thought I throw some foreshadowing out there. :twisted:
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh yeah, I forgot to add this. :P

The ruleset has been modified.

From
Article VIII

5. Reveals in this game, unless modified by an action, will consist of player name, game-name, and alignment.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Just got home.

PeregrineV replaces Keybladewielder, and
I've put out an ad for the Ghostlin slot
Nachopappa replaces Ghostlin. Game starts very soon...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm gone nudist the subvocal sensor on this reboarding device. Not sure how well it'll wah, but I don't what to chan some one hearing me. Throaters aren't that loud.

Anyway, we're on our way to a country estate in the Outland, close to the Refuse border. According to the intel, there sacs ess to a subterranean tunnel within the house, and weird do use the tunnels to may car way out. It's so different out here, on the edge of the city-stayed. The only grass we seing the city is in Radioactive Free. When it's not trampled down by all the ore jeez that go on there nearly every night. And there's so many crop towers. So much corn for the biofuels.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm.

Why do I feel so fucking tired? I keep herring chatter from the back about that, two, how other people arfeel ling tired. The nurse ed we might feel a little sleepy briefly, assa sigh defect of the rad shot, but still? After all this time?

It doesn't mad her, I guess. It's not like we're going to run in two any problems out here, still within Refuge's borders. We're cunning up on the target, now. Time to get ready to land.

Oh wait--won lasthing. I don't know how I feel about the BDSM device. Part of me feel slike it's something horribly wrong, but really...they are owcass. It's not like they're ours. But even so...does that still naked right?

What the hell Amy fucking talking about? Yoodoo whatever it takes to insure the greater good, that's Superhero one-oh-one, you know thad. Remember, you're after Teela, and you'll do whatever it fucking takes to bring that bitch of a bass turd down. Fucking got it?

I'd better poo this thing away, now.

Outland Sector 2

TIME
07/22/2081 11:58:39

The sky was still gray and cheerless as the flyskiff hovered downward, delicately settling atop the concrete circle in the middle of a large swathe of high grass. A small, glasstone path, comprising all colors of the rainbow, led to a modestly-sized, L-shaped house. The house itself looked old enough to have been from the late twentieth century, the aged effect spoiled only by the freshness of the brown paint and the slightly shiny appearance of the synthwood.

The flycar door--emblazoned with the orange circle-in-a-black diamond insignia of the Bureau of Superheroes--opened upward, and one by one the superheroes and outcasts climbed out. Last was Gecko, taking in the surroundings as he stepped out.

"It's so quiet out here," he murmured.

"That's because it's
booooooo
ring!" Chiff exclaimed.

"Yeah, me and Chiff lived in the Outland," Leeds added. "I can assure you, nothing out here is interesting."

"Except, apparently, for all the secret tunnel entrances that exist out here," Tekkaman V mentioned. "We really need to purge the Outland, one of these days."

"As if anyone would ever
want
to come into this dismal place," Rawk grumbled.

"Says the sun-fried freak who got caught
inside
our great city-state," Awesome Man pointed out. "But nobody wants to come here, right?"

Scarlet Red snickered a little bit, but quickly jammed her palm against her mouth.

Redsuit cleared her throat. "All right, everyone, let's get focused on the mission. According to the intel--"

"--according to the intel," Gecko interjected, "the entrance to the tunnel is in the basement, behind a large bookcase." He ignored the dirty look Redsuit shot at him and continued, "So let's get inside, go down to the basement, and see what's what."

"This is
boooooooooo
ring," the Jape exclaimed, in nearly an exact tone to the one used by Chiff minutes earlier.

4Eyes took off his hat and glared at the Jape with the back of his head; this only caused the Jape to start chortling uncontrollably.

"What's so funny, potato chip?" snarled Zapper. "You think having four eyes is funny?"

"Guys, guys!" Lance-a-Lot put his hands out, as if separating the two. "C'mon, we don't need any fights now, before we've even started this great mission!"

"Great mission?" KinFlyr spat on the ground. "Heh. As if."

"Well, you did join us of your own free will," said Captain Amazing. "I mean, you obviously wouldn't be here if the BS thought you'd run."

"Do not be so quick to assume," Jerusha countered quietly. She opened her mouth, but quickly closed it again. Awkward silence reigned, save for the raspy singing of pollenbirds.

Gecko clapped his hands together. "Let's get inside, then. We've no time to lose!"

The superheroes quietly moved toward the house, one by one. As Redsuit passed by, Gecko took her by the arm and leaned in close to her ear.

"I may have had my penis in you, and your mother may be the Director, but I'm the leader of this operation," he hissed. "Remember that."

"Then do your goddamn job," Redsuit hissed back. "Lead. We've already lost too much time on your account."

Angrily she pulled away and stomped delicately toward the house, leaving Gecko standing alone in silence. Even the scanshades could not conceal the fury in his expression...

Day 1 has begun!

VOTE COUNT 1.0

Not Voting: quadz08, havingfitz, sword_of_omens, JasonWazza, shos, StubbsKVM, Nexus, MessiahsRule, Nachopappa, PeregrineV, Mr_Ree, Calcifer, 4nxi3ty

With thirteen people alive, it takes seven votes to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 at 11:00 p.m. CST.

(expired on 2013-07-10 23:00:00)

And...at long last...go!
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Eh finally

VOTE: quadz08
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Nachopappa
Nachopappa
Mafia Scum
Nachopappa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Nachopappa »

Vote: JasonWazza

You would have been my hero, but you turned me down when I asked you to the prom.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

VOTE: Sword of Omens

Nice to see so many familiar faces.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Calcifer »

You could have done much better than that for an opening post. I hope you're not going soft, Jason.
Nachopappa looks town, at least. Ree's opening is kind of lame but that's unfortunately null.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

UNVOTE: quadz08
VOTE: Calcifer

Worst reason to town read, and that's probably coming from scum.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by shos »

VOTE: naco

Ohai two games with ree and nacho sametime meowwwww
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I will tead shit tomorrow because DRUNK.

VOTE: Nexus because <3
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Nexus »

vote quadz
omgusuck
Trans rights are human rights.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 12, Calcifer wrote:

You could have done much better than that for an opening post. I hope you're not going soft, Jason.
Nachopappa looks town, at least. Ree's opening is kind of lame but that's unfortunately null.
Wth? I had to look at your join date because I thought you were new. Trying to get us out of RVS? I'll bite.

How are you using any of those posts to determine alignment?

P-edit: lol
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Nexus »

In post 12, Calcifer wrote:

Wow this is bad

unvote
vote Calcifer
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Nexus why did you RVS then notice that?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by Nexus »

Because RVS is fun and I skimmed the posts first time, as is my style of play
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by StubbsKVM »

VOTE: Nachopappa for stealing my hat
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:07 am

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: Nachopappa cause he's not 'cho mama.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:09 am

Post by havingfitz »

Also...is Messiahsrule the only hydra?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Messiahsrule
Messiahsrule
Townie
Messiahsrule
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Messiahsrule »

In post 23, havingfitz wrote:Also...is Messiahsrule the only hydra?
Only one listed as one.

Vote: Calcifer

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”