surviva316
Kalimar (L-6):

>
Team Rocket (L-2):
implosion | Shamrock | Kalimar | serrapaladin
implosion (L-6):

Not Voting:
Cheery dog, Naomi-Tan, morph the cat

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Until deadline: (expired on 2013-08-07 11:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • I wanna stop using emoticons
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 998, Shamrock wrote:I'm going to need you to explain this like I'm a five-year-old with a learning disability.
Everyone seems to think scum kill people suspicious of them. The reality is that scum just kill either because they are too Town or to create WIFOM. Neither of those two were "holy shit Town" reads for everyone. So whichever one was killed by scum was killed for wifom.

TR *could be* 3rd party [since an SK might ACTUALLY be inclined to kill someone with a strong scum read on them], I suppose, but isn't scum.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1001, Yates wrote:
In post 998, Shamrock wrote:I'm going to need you to explain this like I'm a five-year-old with a learning disability.
Everyone seems to think scum kill people suspicious of them. The reality is that scum just kill either because they are too Town or to create WIFOM. Neither of those two were "holy shit Town" reads for everyone. So whichever one was killed by scum was killed for wifom.

TR *could be* 3rd party [since an SK might ACTUALLY be inclined to kill someone with a strong scum read on them], I suppose, but isn't scum.
Uh... yes, effulgence was kind of townread by pretty much everyone. I can't think of anyone who scumread them (at least off the top of my head) and I can think of a lot of people that townread them. Are you really saying he wasn't near-universally thought of as town? Who else would scum have killed if they wanted to go for a "holy shit town" read?

Also, there is no one "way it is" with how scum kill. Some scum will kill those who suspect them. Some will kill those who are too town. Some will kill based on who they think are power roles. You can't generalize like that.

The entire reasoning of "eff suspected TR, therefore TR is town" in and of itself is also really, really horrid. It completely ignores that there could be myriad other reasons that we don't know for the kill on effulgence. It seems like it's making more assumptions than feels natural.

Hrm.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Additionally, there's an element of congitive dissonance there. You simultaneously expected Shamrock to figure out on his own why those comments from the dead made TR town, while admitting that "Everyone seems to think scum kill people suspicious of them." You can't simultaneously think that common knowledge would dictate one thing and expect Shamrock to disagree with that.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by morph the cat »

We have time now, nya. Pulling ISO(s)
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Team Rocket »

Heyy people, just got back really late yesterday, and about to go into work. Content later tonight.
Hydra of ac1983fan and Elyse.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:54 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 1004, morph the cat wrote:We have time now, nya. Pulling ISO(s)
How did that go?
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Shamrock »

Implosion has already pointed out that this is not very good reasoning. Even if you think it is good reasoning, though, why did you wait so long to bring this up if it is so obvious to you and so relevant to the alignment of today's main wagon?
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1007, Shamrock wrote:Even if you think it is good reasoning, though, why did you wait so long to bring this up if it is so obvious to you and so relevant to the alignment of today's main wagon?
Specifically because it is
good
reasoning but it isn't
strong
reasoning. Also, I don't like to show my cards. Why would I tell scum what I'm looking for in relational tells? That's counterproductive.

My point [in a question not for you, mind you] is that you didn't appear to take any of yesterday's information into account with your vote on an easy wagon. And that's scummy. Also, trying to focus on a portion of a question out of context is SUPER scummy.
Please pm me to pre-in
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Shamrock »

So you do think that this reasoning was obvious, and it was enough to make you uninterested in voting for Team Rocket today. But you didn't feel it was worth bringing up evidence that the target of today's primary wagon is town? If you aren't going to use your relational tells in determining who we lynch, when
are
you planning on using them, exactly? This hardly seems like the behavior of a townie who cares about who is lynched.

I don't consider the information you brought up valuable, so no, I didn't take it into account. What do you think of implosion's critique of your reasoning?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1006, Kalimar wrote:
How did that go?
Haven't had a chance to sync up 100% yet, but our initial findings is that as town, Elyse is very much a leader type player, regardless of the strength or weakness of the rest of the player base. We're not really seeing that here from a re-read of the game. It is possible the VLA is slanting this, but I'm still feeling like this isn't townplay, nya.

We had a look at a newbie scum game where she replaced in. She was pretty low key in that one, but sailed right through to the win. Maybe there is a better scum game to look at than a newbie. Ffery will do her usual deeper conclusions soon enough.
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by Team Rocket »

In post 937, Naomi-Tan wrote:
In post 935, Team Rocket wrote:Not sure what more to say at this point...
My townread on Naomi is wavering, based on her recent posts just generally not being constructive.
-ac
yeah cool, you do know im one of the only people who doesn't think your scum, maybe you should look else where for criticism, on the other point. Yeah, she is attacking people defending her. isn't that a pro-town thing on the basis that scum are trying not to die.
what is this???
The thing is that, you haven't posted any case or analysis of anyone since your case on Reecer6 yesterday...Around that time, you became a solid town read for most of the players in this game...Since that point, you've done basically nothing but defend yourself or make a few short comments here and there...Makes you look like you're coasting by.
Also why would it matter that you think I am town? I'm actually more likely to townread players who legitimately think I am scum and fight for my lynch.
Well the only way to know why scum killed someone is to be the scum themselves, and while I am ok with nightkill speculation statements like "the reality is" are kind of ridonkulous....

Anyway, I think Serra's wagon hop onto CD and then back onto me looks out of place...He basically townreads cheery all day yesterday and only started scumreading him earlier today with no reasoning given...I think he was expecting more people to follow Yates', and when he didn't he switched back. So file serrapaladin in the scumread pile.

In fact I'll switch to him if there is more interest in lynching him than Cheery.
-ac
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Oh shush, you. I never had anything close to a scumread on Cheery, and you should really view my temporary vote on him in context. Nice try to start another counterwagon to yourself though. :)
Wandering but not lost
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1009, Shamrock wrote:If you aren't going to use your relational tells in determining who we lynch, when are you planning on using them, exactly?
When I vote? When I make my Town and Scum reads? When I chose not to jump on the TR wagon to rush a lynch through?
In post 1009, Shamrock wrote:What do you think of implosion's critique of your reasoning?
I don't particularly care how implosion scum hunts since he's a Town read. As long as I'm following his logic and he's making cases? I'm cool.
Please pm me to pre-in
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote

VOTE: Yates
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1014, implosion wrote:
Unvote

You moved to the wrong wagon. It should be Cheery Dog.
Please pm me to pre-in
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by implosion »

*twiddles thumbs*
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Team Rocket »

In post 1012, serrapaladin wrote:Oh shush, you. I never had anything close to a scumread on Cheery, and you should really view my temporary vote on him in context. Nice try to start another counterwagon to yourself though. :)
In post 813, serrapaladin wrote: Don't really want to lynch Naomi any more. Team Rocket/cheery are the closest to scumreads I have right now.
don't fucking condescend to me as if I haven't done my research or as if I'm some sort of monkey that has been trained to play mafia
-ac
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Shamrock »

In post 1013, Yates wrote:
In post 1009, Shamrock wrote:If you aren't going to use your relational tells in determining who we lynch, when are you planning on using them, exactly?
When I vote? When I make my Town and Scum reads? When I chose not to jump on the TR wagon to rush a lynch through?
In post 1009, Shamrock wrote:What do you think of implosion's critique of your reasoning?
I don't particularly care how implosion scum hunts since he's a Town read. As long as I'm following his logic and he's making cases? I'm cool.
both of these answers are really terrible tbh
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1012, serrapaladin wrote:Oh shush, you. I never had anything close to a scumread on Cheery, and you should really view my temporary vote on him in context. Nice try to start another counterwagon to yourself though. :)
The context that you voted without reasons? Without even a scum read?

Let's have a look at other posts around there, there's where I voted Yates and then unvoted yates because I had misread in excitement of possibly finding a meta scum tell on him.

I don't think anything happened while you had the vote on me, seeing you you never mentioned anything except that you were happy to then put TR onto L-1.

Opportunism detected.

VOTE: serrapaladin
In post 1015, Yates wrote:
In post 1014, implosion wrote:
Unvote

You moved to the wrong wagon. It should be Cheery Dog.
Do you have more reasons than I stuffed myself up with what I thought you were doing and rushed stuff?
Because I'm faily sure if you're going to push wagons like they're the only senisical thing you should do. If not then I'll settle for you just having OMGUSed me with no actual case.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 1010, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1006, Kalimar wrote:
How did that go?
Haven't had a chance to sync up 100% yet, but our initial findings is that as town, Elyse is very much a leader type player, regardless of the strength or weakness of the rest of the player base. We're not really seeing that here from a re-read of the game. It is possible the VLA is slanting this, but I'm still feeling like this isn't townplay, nya.

We had a look at a newbie scum game where she replaced in. She was pretty low key in that one, but sailed right through to the win. Maybe there is a better scum game to look at than a newbie. Ffery will do her usual deeper conclusions soon enough.
How about the ac head?

Also, do either of your heads have any completed low-priority/low-effort games on this site? I see you guys posting a storm elsewhere and it doesn't fill me with confidence. The whole 'we're swamped' thing doesn't really work when I see you guys doing that either - clearly you have the time or you wouldn't have joined another game together.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1019, Cheery Dog wrote:Opportunism detected.
Actually, I hadn't noticed this. And that's not serra's style as Town.

VOTE: Serrapaladin
Please pm me to pre-in
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Kalimar »

@AC:
I did ctrl+f on Cheery in serra's ISO and I don't see that he ever gave him a town-read, he tended to be in the middle of the pile and then later a slight null-scum lean today. I'll let serra talk for himself before adding more on that.

Given you think serra is scum do you think his vote on Cheery was distancing or a vote on another townie?

Good point on Naomi. I don't know if it makes her scummy or not but she hasn't voted all day and I would like her to soon even if it's on less robust reasoning. If she's town, we need the input. If we're wrong somehow and she's scum, it's a good way to avoid building connections to other players.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:45 am

Post by Kalimar »

unvote

Team Rocket is reminding me of ToastyToast in HxH... I think I need to recalibrate.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 991, surviva316 wrote: I probably can't say that I'm doing all I can, but I can say that I'm doing all I can think to do to prod action. Even if my attempts have failed, at least getting off TR's wagon has bought Morph some time to check in and promise content. What's truly futile is constantly trying to convince the town that all efforts are futile. I have no idea what good you're trying to serve the town by trying your damnedest to shoot down efforts to kickstart the day.
Now we've had a bit of action, how has it helped develop your reads?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”