Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Generic »

Defenders single comment on it prior to my response without a vote attached or a follow up attempt to build a case on me?

Yeah, that's the same as you hana...
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

What makes you vote me instead of him?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Generic »

Are you be deliberately dense or is sarcasm alien to you?

You opportunistically jumped on my wagon based solely on a weak case before I had even responded. You tried to add to it yourself but much like now failed to read what was written and came up with a total misinterpretation. You then when your addition fell apart reverted to 'oh, err, what he said then'.
You continue to either misinterpret or misrepresent me and then began to try and force me to unvote you by making that somehow scummy, and when all that failed you tried to throw someone else into the cross fire.

No, my vote is good where it is right now.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Generic »

*are you being...
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

That doesn't answer my question, and since when is agreeing with someone scummy?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Generic »

Why vote you instead of who?
I gave my reason for voting you. I said notmara has tried to make a case against me out of nothing but at least it was his case, all you did was you leapt onto opportunistically without waiting on my response. Or do you mean the other guy, who just said they agreed with the comments made but did nothing else with it at that point?

Mafia rarely try to build a case from very little because they risk it being torn apart and they are then in focus, or if it somehow gets run up and there is a mislynch from it the person who pushed the case is first to be scrutinised. Most of the time mafia tag on to the cases of others with minimal persuasion needed... Sound familiar?

You seem really reactive to a single vote on you, and from a person you claim to think I'd scum anyway so why are you so antagonised by it?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Generic »

Think I'd scum = think is scum
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I could care less if you're voting me or not, all I care are your reasons for your actions.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Re-reading there's something bothering me...
Despite the fact that there was quite a nice post from Rob earlier, Treble decided to continue fluffing and then went like "omg you guys suddenly got serious" and dissapeared without even commenting on said post
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Vote Count 1.1Voting:
Generic (3)
: Mutleyddmc, NotMara, Sakura Hana
TheIrishPope (2)
: Siverure DtTrikyp, TaskMaster
Sound of Silence (1)
: Treble
Sakura Hana(1)
: Generic

Not voting
:Voodoo Lady, Sound of Silence, Karnage, TheIrishPope, D3f3nd3r

Deadline is 7/24/2013 4:30 GMT (That's (expired on 2013-07-24 08:30:00))
Last edited by Ms Marangal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Generic »

Dare I ask why Nara is pretending to be a seagull from finding memo?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Generic »

*nemo
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Generic »

Nvm... I see now.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Generic »

Mara... You need to put my three votes together.

~Votes on Treble and Mutley are noted, though unvotes are not recorded in the vote counts, and thus those votes will not show up on there
Last edited by Ms Marangal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

@Mod: I'm not voting 2 people at the same time, unless i'm secretly a double voter

~Fixed
:shifty:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Treble
Treble
Goon
Treble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Treble »

yes let's deflect everything to us now

Sakura is parroting a lot of what NotMara is saying

Generic is still being overly defensive over nothing

and I'm only following the rules- the rule to have fun!! :D

it's hard to make good points against people when we had widespread activity page 1 during the fun rvs part but now that things are getting serious I only see a few people' posting. Regardless of how town or scum I think they are, kudos to them for sticking around, at least.

it'll be much more fun to play if everyone posts again :) I have to go now, but I hope my other head can help you out too!

but before I leave I would like to take the time to dedicate my
vote (to) Sakura Hana
. Let us see what my other head does about this when it wakes up... :lol:
(ノ
◕ヮ◕
)ノ
*:
・゚
M&Ms
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Apparently calling you out on fluffing is deflecting, and yet you still aren't commenting on NotMara instead you accuse me of parrting him, quite interesting
FoS: Treble

Is this the first time you do a chainsaw defense? coz it's not going to work.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
NotMara
NotMara
Townie
NotMara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by NotMara »

Experienced =/= Good at the game, first off. This is especially true if you came from another site other than MS, as we don't know the quality of play on that site. If it's anything like EM or other such sites, then I would be entirely unsurprised if you were experienced and not great at the game at the same time. So putting words in my mouth and saying I called you noob-scum is pushing it quite a bit.

Generic saying Hana is too worried over a single vote in #44 is seriously pushing it. Hana called out Generic before Generic's vote on Hana turned serious. If anything, Generic is OMGUSing Hana, not the other way around. I should note here that OMGUS is not a scum-tell, in my opinion, and I'm not using it to say that Generic is scum here. I'm just saying he's being a hypocrite.

#55 gets some town points, I suppose. It certainly pushes Generic into the experienced camp when it comes to game theory.

#58 call-out of Treble makes me think that Hana is probably town. I don't see scum backing down here, as scum tends to be more concerned with "losing" arguments then they really ought to be. This is especially true in newer players, in my experience, of which Hana is one.

What the fuck? I just got to #65 and...what? I need to know which head wrote that because I need to see if this is typical of the tone of their posts. Vote on Hana is awful and with nothing for reasoning. Parroting someone on page 2-3 is not a scumtell. We have like 50 posts to go on, most of which are from around 4 people. If you expect each person to contribute some amazing new insights in every post at this point in the game, then you're really going to be disappointed in every game you play.

#66 - Chainsaw defense is a buzzword that doesn't really apply here. It would be extremely presumptive to consider that a chainsaw defense of Generic when only a vote was placed and no major arguments made. This is especially true because Treble would want to discredit me, not Hana, if he were actually attempting a chainsaw defense. Attacking someone agreeing with my argument rather than the person delivering it doesn't make for a successful chainsaw defense because the argument against Generic still stands on its own.

I'm hoping Maestro gets on sometime soon so I can talk to him about compiling a reads list, but I think I've made my thoughts pretty clear so far. Generic is possibly scum, as is Treble. Siv's RVS behavior is questionable, but that's something I'm shelving for now because I have better leads - RVS play is hard to analyze anyway, so I'll just wait for actual posting from him before looking harder in that direction. Hana looks town. TIP is null. The rest haven't posted enough to get a read, really.

~Rob
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

You said I gave a towntell Rob
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Generic »

Your arguement against me never stood at all, let alone on its own notmara.

You basically said I was worried about self image, which is your interpretation of my 2nd post, and then said only new town and mafia would do that. So immediately you are placing only two scenarios I could possibly be based on your interpretation of a single line in a single post and already armed with information I freely offered up. You then accuse my vote on hana of bring OMGUS which is a cheap tactic and defence of the same person who leapt blindly onto the wagon you started. I gave my reasons for the vote REMAINING on hana after she made a big deal that I was still voting for her.

You feel that Hanas play in jumping on a vote immediately after you did, misrep me with a follow up arguement before backing down and simply going 'well what rob said then' and making a big deal of my vote not bring taken off her from RVS and then try to throw someone else in the way of the arguement to a kid being the focus was perfectly fine then?
NotMara
NotMara
Townie
NotMara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by NotMara »

In post 68, TheIrishPope wrote:You said I gave a towntell Rob
So? And why do you bring it up?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 69, Generic wrote:after she made a
big deal
that I was still voting for her.
This is blatant misrep, I already said i dont care about your vote, i care about your reasons behind it, and of course, the motivation for it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

You said I gave a towntell and then said I was null, which really isn't logical
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Voodoo Lady
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Voodoo Lady »

In post 4, Sound of Silence wrote:Hi guys.
Hello darkness, my old friend. :0) Or friends in this case, because you're a hydra of... GIF (cool dude) and... fferyllt!! Long time no see, sweetheart. How're you doing? :0)
In post 6, TheIrishPope wrote:I claim Doctor
Pope's in this game too?!? Heya!
In post 7, Mutleyddmc wrote:VOTE: generic

i wanted it
Mutley! Wow-- SO MANY COOL PEOPLE are in this game! Not to mention our super cool mod. :0)
In post 27, NotMara wrote:Hello. This is a hydra of Rob13 and Maestro. I'll attempt to remember to sign posts but may occasionally forget - just ask if you aren't sure who's posting.

Also - are you guys even serious right now? There are a decent amount of players with experience in this game and no one has even remotely attempted to get out of RVS even a little bit.
You're no fun. :0(
In post 5, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Sixth Post!
Siv is a better player than this. No RVS vote. No attempt to provoke anyone or prod anyone into giving more info.
In post 10, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Counterclaim doctor

VOTE: IrishPope
Keeps us in RVS. No attempt to make any useful contributions. Again - Siv is better than this. There were multiple things to potentially pressure before this post that he could have taken up and prodded at to see if anything squirmed. Instead, he was totally content to keep us in RVS.
Look, I get what you're saying here. Trying to artificially extend RVS to extend scumhunting? Total scum move.

Here's the thing-- Siv made his first post when all of two other players had posted. Both of his posts were made about thirty minutes after the start of the game, more or less. Are you really going to tell me that "keeping us in RVS" is scummy when practically everyone who posted on page 1 made no attempt to scumhunt?
Other offenders on the Doc shiz include Sakura Hana (new to the game, so I doubt this is alignment indicative) and Taskmaster (same). TIP is not someone I'm concerned about "claiming" doctor because he did it first. If anything, it's a decent attempt to get reactions which is a town-tell (although an extremely small one).
Oh, wait, I get it. This is a meta thing, isn't it?

If you think Siv's behavior is at odds with his meta, by all means go ahead and post the meta contradicting it. But don't just quietly drop the argument, alright?
But, after all that, I'm gonna place my vote on someone else entirely. Generic is not looking good. His #3 is fine RVS material for a first post of the game - not alignment indicative. His apology for it without anyone calling him out on it in #8 is alignment indicative, though. He's overly concerned with how people are viewing him. That's scum behavior, not town behavior. He then does more-or-less the same thing in #11 where he changes his vote and defends himself pretty hard against someone telling him to do the research if he wants to know the heads in their hydra - which isn't even an accusation of anything. Overly defensive, throwing votes around left-and-right with no attempt to find scum, commented on the doc business with no analysis, etc. - all of them point to either complete noob-town or scum.
Aw man, this is pretty weak... I'm not seeing defensive in post 8 or 11, for starters. Clarification, perhaps. Not defense though. Obviously votes made during RVS are going to be arbitrary, so complaining that his RVS votes are random is pretty bad. (Actually, looking at this in closer detail brings something of interest. Hey, Generic-- ask me what I found wacky about post 11.)

I'm seeing Generic circa post 25-ish as "the player who says the most is the player who says the most incriminating things."
In post 31, Sakura Hana wrote:Hmm i was thinking of giving town points for the little joke in the doc business but what you said makes sense, and you've also covered any possible questioning i could give to your post since you've explained everything, dang... you're quite a good player.
UNVOTE:
I do agree with you on the fact that Generic is acting odd and doesn't seem to want to discern the alignment of said Hydra tho i always believe a vote is better backed up with a question so
VOTE: Generic
Generic can you tell me why does it matter to you and how will it help you discern the alignment of the unknown hydra?

P-Edit: wth is with that post Treble?
Misrep. Even ignoring that the thing about Treble being scummy was during RVS, he said that didn't care about the hydra's heads, not its alignment.
In post 41, Generic wrote:Why would n00b town be hung up on image? Only type who get caught in that are n00b scum. So you insult me sir to not only wrongly accuse me as scum, but n00b scum at that.
Gonna disagree here-- not sure if this is prevalent on MafiaScum, but I recall being really image-conscious when I was town back when I started playing four years ago or so.
Your whole case hinges on the assumption that experienced scum would openly show self image awareness on their 2nd post? Are your experienced a I'm players on mafiascum that transparent?
Misrep. Is Not Mara's case on you kinda flimsy? I'd say yes. But that's not the only thing it finds suspicious about you. He also mentioned "throwing votes around left-and-right with no attempt to find scum" and "commenting on the doc business with no analysis." Can you refute either of those points?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Last edited by Ms Marangal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9

Return to “Completed Open Games”