Mini 1474: Desperado's Revenge (Game Over)

evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:20 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 24, RadiantCowbells wrote: In other news, I think Device's excessive formality on his confirm is characteristic of scum, hence my vote.
No it's because he's new. I checked his confirmation post history because I thought the exact same thing.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:21 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Also you idiots, Jester isn't even a normal role, RC is obviously joking.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:24 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 47, RadiantCowbells wrote: Themoaner looks pretty bad. What better way to fake scumhunting than go hardcore tunneling on someone based on something universal and obvious?
This is a good point...

theomoaner... have we played together?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 am

Post by sthar8 »

@Cowbells- That's about what I figured, but please RTFR before your next gambit. That could have been catastrophic.

I have something similar in my notes regarding mnemonic's 17, though I'm not ready to call it a tell until we've seen some more content from him.

Couple questions: Why was device's confirm scummy? Can you link the Lucky meta? Is the "sheep" thing jargon I don't know? If its not, please explain anyway.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:00 am

Post by sthar8 »

EBWOP:
In post 50, evilpacman18 wrote: No it's because he's new. I checked his confirmation post history because I thought the exact same thing.
Yeah that's about how I read it. He's either excited to be playing or excited to be scum. Null.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:12 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 52, evilpacman18 wrote:theomoaner... have we played together?
Yep, you replaced out of Trainwreck 158.
In post 47, RadiantCowbells wrote: Themoaner looks pretty bad. What better way to fake scumhunting than go hardcore tunneling on someone based on something universal and obvious?
Three posts contemplating why someone was acting in a way that could have lead to them being modkilled (how pro-town is that?) constitutes "hardcore tunneling"? No, really?
Last edited by Desperado on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 am

Post by theomoaner »

@Mod: Could you fix the quote fail please ^
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
JJcoolPants
JJcoolPants
Townie
JJcoolPants
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:46 am

Post by JJcoolPants »

[quote="In post 47, RadiantCowbells"
Lucky2u is prob-town. Involves meta from an ongoing game so I can't say anything further.
Crowley, sheep me. You've seen my masterful scumhunting in action :c[/quote]
In post 49, Lucky2u wrote:Judas, that game ended, you can discuss it if you want to.

I'll probably sheep you, since I've seen how well your logic works. I'm not a fool though, I will keep my eye on you.
Link needed.
In post 43, sthar8 wrote:@Cowbells- Please do not fakequote. Breaking the rules is really bad for the town.
I don't like this. You're implying he is town, right? Why not just say it then?
JJcoolPants
JJcoolPants
Townie
JJcoolPants
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:46 am

Post by JJcoolPants »

Oh man, we both failed those quotes
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:31 am

Post by sthar8 »

I'm not implying he is town. I'm saying that
if
he is town, rulebreaking is a
really bad idea

For the record, I don't believe in outing town tells. They're meaningless if the player is aware of them, and outing them gives scum information on how to manipulate you. We can discuss them when they become relevant, but saying "X looks townie to me" is fairly useless at best and buddying scum at worst.
JJcoolPants
JJcoolPants
Townie
JJcoolPants
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 am

Post by JJcoolPants »

In post 59, sthar8 wrote:I'm not implying he is town. I'm saying that
if
he is town, rulebreaking is a
really bad idea

For the record, I don't believe in outing town tells. They're meaningless if the player is aware of them, and outing them gives scum information on how to manipulate you. We can discuss them when they become relevant, but saying "X looks townie to me" is fairly useless at best and buddying scum at worst.
OMG HE DOESNT WANT TO SAY WHO I THINKS IS TOWN HE IS HIDING SOMETHING lYNCH HIM. Nah, I'm JK.

But if you said "Breaking the rules is really bad" it wouldn't sound like you're calling him town, but you threw in that extra word, and I don't understand why.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Flench »

Vote: JJcoolPants

Most annoying up to this point.

Also the normal game Jester detail slipped my mind at that moment Cowbells so I assume you were just having fun at the begininning of the game and I should have seen that. But you were willing to take my autovote that I threatened so that is something to think about in any case.
JJcoolPants
JJcoolPants
Townie
JJcoolPants
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by JJcoolPants »

In post 61, Flench wrote:
Vote: JJcoolPants

Most annoying up to this point.
Haha
Also the normal game Jester detail slipped my mind at that moment Cowbells so I assume you were just having fun at the begininning of the game and I should have seen that. But you were willing to take my autovote that I threatened so that is something to think about in any case.
And what do you think about it? I didn't like that ploy you tried to pull anyway, it's like you were trying to prevent posting, which is a pretty scummy thing

I hope mnemonic posts today
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Oh, since the game with Crowley has ended he's playing very similarly to how I remember him when he was town

@Flench, your vote threat didnt give me any insight into your scumminess.
@others I consulted with the mod before posting that. (I'm allowed to say that, right?) His response (paraphased) was that he'd rather I didn't but it doesn't break any rules because its based off of public information (the VT role card) it was fine.
@EPM, interesting. I'm going to look into this more and it may merit a change of vote.

Regarding Crowley (lucky2u) we were in newbie 1378 where we were both town together. I was doc and ended up self lynching because I was so certain someone was scum based on their actions (I was right!) and town won. He's acting like he did in the other game, which is slightly scummy but I thought he was scum that game too and was wrong so at this point I'm considering him town.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

First real post of the game, for me.

The only player I've met in this game is theo. Wow look at that, we joined on the same day. We'll probably be accused of buddying for that!!

I don't have any real thoughts on any of the nonsense going on so far, just thought I'd check in before I call it a night. Gonna spend the rest of the night with my lovely wife (we have the whole house to ourselves, the WHOLE weekend) so posting will probably be spotty til Sunday night. I'd appreciate some good reading by then, and don't be afraid to throw in a few good scum tells while you're at it.

pedit: Hello RadiantCowbells. I'm definitely gonna shorten your name when I refer to you. Do you have any preferences?

I'll squeeze out a little time in the morning for a serious post, or at least a post.
BTW I'm GMT-6, g'night all.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 60, JJcoolPants wrote: OMG HE DOESNT WANT TO SAY WHO I THINKS IS TOWN HE IS HIDING SOMETHING lYNCH HIM. Nah, I'm JK.

But if you said "Breaking the rules is really bad" it wouldn't sound like you're calling him town, but you threw in that extra word, and I don't understand why.
It was a not-so-subtle reminder that if he is town, his actions should benefit the whole town. Remember this was just after someone had posted that Cowbells has self-hammered as doc in another game.

I'm not particularly worried about coaching scum to appear less scummy in this particular instance because the worst case scenarios are so dangerous to the town regardless of Cowbells' alignment.

I know my wording is a little manipulative, but frankly having a modkill affect the outcome of the game would be un-fun.

@jon- FOS for buddying!

@Cowbells- Thanks for the game number, I'm going to read up on it now.
In post 63, RadiantCowbells wrote: @others I consulted with the mod before posting that. (I'm allowed to say that, right?) His response (paraphased) was that he'd rather I didn't but it doesn't break any rules because its based off of public information (the VT role card) it was fine.
Actually, it breaks this rule by my reading:
In post 1, Desperado wrote: Pretending to break a rule is the same thing as breaking a rule.
But I have no problem with anything you did if the mod cleared it.

I also look forward to hearing more from mnemonicdevice, and everyone without real posts added so far.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:16 pm

But yeah, if I'm put to L-1 and I'm town I'll hammer.

Town shouldn't be voting me up.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by sthar8 »

That would be bad play. It cuts off discussion and robs the town of information. Please don't.

Besides, not all L-1 wagons are intended to lynch. I've seen pressure wagons go to L-1, and I've seen more than one L-1 wagon
not
lead to a lynch.

I'm six pages into N1378 right now and it is intensely painful. I hope we can expect a higher standard of interaction here than was displayed by some of the players in that game.
Feel It
Feel It
Goon
Feel It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Feel It »

I've played a game with Device before he... wasn't very useful to be honest. He acted scummy then claimed doctor when under pressure and got himself lynched the next day when he told us he protected one of the players he wanted lynched.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:21 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Yeah, well feelit, That game i was screwed anyways, because mafia not lyching me went exactly like they planned it to. With my death during day.
Feel It
Feel It
Goon
Feel It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:02 am

Post by Feel It »

Sorry :L that wasn't a personal crack at you just some meta
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:01 am

Don't vote me up if you think I'm town then.

If you think I'm scum, then by all means vote me, and in that case you shouldn't care about me self hammering because that's the optimal scum play to deny information.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Flench »

In post 71, RadiantCowbells wrote:Don't vote me up if you think I'm town then.

If you think I'm scum, then by all means vote me, and in that case you shouldn't care about me self hammering because that's the optimal scum play to deny information.
Vote: RadiantCowbells

Really didn't like that second line. It's meant to show he isn't afraid of being voted upon, making you not want to vote for him.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Flench »

Vote: RadiantCowbells

:facepalm:
JJcoolPants
JJcoolPants
Townie
JJcoolPants
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 am

Post by JJcoolPants »

Vote: MnemonicDevice

I don't care if it's his "meta" he can do better than what he is doing right now. He is obviously here, and just choosing not to help. Instead of answering my questions about him voting radiant, or maybe saying
something
relevant, he instead talks about an old game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”