Luigi Del Ray
Metal Sonic
YamiNoKira
havingfitz

-Kubbs-
Hermy

Brian Skies

Skelda

You wake up one day with no recollection of what happened last night. It seemed like a normal day really, except for the fact that you woke up to complete darkness. What the fu.."

"Where are we?"

"I don't know, why is it so damn dark in here?"

"Who are you people??"

"I'm scared"

"Wimp"

*suddenly, the lights turn on*

Everyone sees each other. There are 13 people in the dingy room. For some weird reason, theres a huge flatscreen monitor

"What the hell is this"

*Suddenly a the monitor turns on.

A dirty looking puppet shows up on screen

"Hi. Lets play a game?"

"I'm scared"

"Why does it sound like a really bad rip off?"

"Shut up! Now you are all probably wondering why I'va gathered you all here today"

"I'm cold."

"I'm hungry"

"I don't like clowns"

"Its not a clown, its a dummy"

"No a puppet"

"Quiet! Do you want to leave or not?"

"Why the hell are you asking us this if you trapped us here in the first place?"

*Strawman has a point*

"Enough I say, 1 more peep out of you and you die first!"

"First?" screrams another voice

"Why yes, you didnt think ALL of you will be alive after this, right?"

“You sick f*ck”

“Hold me!”

“Now you are all probably wondering what you’re doing here. I want you to just play a little simulation. A play. A..”

“Game?”

“Yes, a game. You see, I gathered all of you here to solve one of your main problems, your horrendous trust issues. For 8 of you, you have the problem of not knowing how to make proper decisions, your decision making regarding potential life and death situations have been horrible. So my job for you is to act like a f*cking cohesive unit for once. Every day Im giving you the chance to decide who to eliminate from your colleagues. Four of them to be exact. But every night, they have a chance to kill you. Now we all need villains, right? That’s where the other 4 come in. You 4 have issues regarding teamwork, so my only option is to put you through two separate teams. So both you two, the Wolves and the Mafia can kill at night”

“So you’re saying, to magically fix our problems, we’re going to play mafia?”

“Mafia to the death!”

“Who the hell are you anyway?”

“My name is Jigs—you know what, screw it, I have had I with you”

DoctoPepper, smaratss, killed night 0

“Anyone else? Good. This will be fun, mwahahahahaha”

Spoiler: Stayin Alive
notscience
Hiraki
mnemonicdevice
Luigi Del Ray
havingfitz
Hermy
Brian Skies

Spoiler: Bleeding Out (Dead)
Skelda, Werewolf

Dessew, Mafia Goon,
Werewolf killed
Night 1
Metal Sonic, Vanilla Townie,
Mafia killed,
Night 1
Redelphic, Werewolf

Viera Assassin, Mafia Goon

Last edited by DoctorPepper on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:42 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Set Up: Friends and Enemies and Enemies

Mafia Goons

Werewolves

Masons

Townies

Role PMs are as follows:
Vanilla Town

Greetings unlucky soul. You’re role in this game is that of a
Vanilla Townie
. Yay Vanilla, my favorite flavor. What special roles do you have? Nothing. As expected.

Abilities:
VOTE! – During the day phase, you may cast a vote to determine which member of this house shall be lynched.

Win condition:
Town
– You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

How sad. You cant do anything.
Mason

Why hello there. Apparently when I was picking people for this game, I had no idea I bumped into
triplets. Fraternal triplets, but nevertheless, triplets (player name, partner name, partner name). So what have I made you?
Masons
of course.

Abilities:
Three Way(Factional communication) – Every night, you and *insert player name* and *insert player name* may discuss this game and talk to your fellow triplets here. I can assure you that these people are pro town.

VOTE! – During the day phase, you may cast a vote to determine which member of this house shall be lynched.

Confirmation! – Don’t worry. You and your partners are confirmed town. I am not a bastard. Yet.

Win condition:
Town
– You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Day talk? I said you were fraternal, what ESP?
Mafia Goon

*You spot a fedora and a nice suit*

How devious can you be? You and *insert player name* will need it. What? Are you wolves? Guess again. You are
the mafia
, the original. You want to kill the whole town, yet somehow a bunch of wolves show up and ruin everything. Guess you’ll have to eliminate them too. Those dirty sons of..

Abilities:
Conspiracy(Factional Communication) - Every night, you may discuss with your mafia partner here

“Leave the cannoli” (Factional kill) – Each night phase, you or your partner can choose a member of this house and eliminate them from this game.

Win Condition:
Scum
– You win when the wolves are dead and you control 50% of the town or when nothing can prevent this from happening

BTW – don’t wear the fedora and the suit, too damn obvious
Werewolf

*You don’t see a note, you just see a container with a big label that reads ‘Heroin’. You inject it. Suddenly the label comes off*

Did you actually inject that? Unfortunately for you that wasn't heroin. It was werewolf essence. For the purposes of this game, I have turned you into a
werewolf
, along with *insert player name*. You see some hotshots who think they're the best because they got here first. Well now is your chance to prove them wrong. Do their jobs better than they do. And also kill them.

Abilities:
Full Moon(Factional Communication) - Every night, you may discuss with your fellow werewolf here

Hungry like the Wolf(Factional Kill) - Each night phase, you or your partner can choose a member of this house and eliminate them from this game.

VOTE! – During theday phase, you may cast a vote to determine which member of this house shall be lynched.

Win Condition:
Scum
– You win when the both mafia are dead and you control 50% of the town or when

nothing can prevent this from happening

Because of the side effects of your condition, I have provided a clothes disposal unit, so no one sees

your tattered clothes.
RULES
(Shamelessly modified from Ms. Marangal)

General Game Play:

1. I am the moderator. My word is law. All issues will be handled by me and my word is final

2. I am not perfect, though I wish I am. Please correct me when I make mistakes

3. If you plan to get locked in your room for a period of longer than 48 hours, please announce that you are on Vacation/Limited Access in thread.

4. If you fail to post in 48 hours, the other victims can ask for me to knock on your door and give you a prod (i.e. tell you to get off your ass and talk). If 72 hours pass, I will officially prod you.

5. 3 prods in a single day phase or 4 prods in total will force me to pull the trap door under your beds to drop you to your deaths. You will be removed and replaced.

6. Do not quote anything I tell you. Do not fake anything quote either. This will result in me modkilling you. Paraphrasing is fine

7. Do not quote anything located in a quicktopic.

8. Do NOT communicate with other players about this game unless your role allows you to talk. There is a panic button (PM) you can press to notify me if this happens.

9. No personal attacks. I reserve the right to force replace people who cannot be civil

10. All sitewide rules apply.

Day Phase:

1. The day phase will last for two weeks. You may ask for extensions but do not expect me to grant them unless it is necessary

2. When a player gains a majority of the votes, he/she is lynched and the day phase will end. Vote changes and unvotes will not matter at this point.

3. All players, even the recently lynched player, are allowed to talk after the lynch (twilight)

4. Dead players may not speak anymore. Not even a bah post.

5. All votes shall be in bold and shall be in a separate line. I reserve the right not to count any vote that does not meet the criteria. I will accept name abbreviations and the like as long as I know who you are voting for

6. Unvotes are nice, but they aren’t necessary

7. If half the player lists refuses to lynch and Votes “NO LYNCH”, then a lynch will not occur.

Night Phase:

1. The night phase will last for 3 days. Extensions will only be granted when replacements are needed

2. The deadline for submission of night actions is precisely 72 hours after the day has ended. You will forfeit your action if you fail to send me an action on time. If you will not be here during the night phase, you may send me an action earlier.

3. Alternatively, I will allow you to tell me that you will not use your night action on any given night

Other Rules:

1. If you wish to speak to me, please bold your message

2. Do not edit your posts. Do not post encrypted/hidden text

3. Hydras must quote all alt slips

4. Break a rule, I will modkill you. You will be turned into a Neutral survivor and will lose the game no matter what the outcome

5. In case a situation not covered by the rules, I will use my better jidgment

6. Hydras must give me their quicktopic. I will release all quicktopics of this game when the game has ended.

7. If I modify a rule, you will be notified in thread.

8. This is my color. DO NOT USE IT.

9. Have fun. It’s a game.
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

“So what teams are we on?”

“Excellent question. Inside your soundproof quarters you will find an envelope, inside it is a message containing your role.

The game begins once I see 10 players step out of their rooms and confirms."
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:29 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count:

Not Voting (12)
- Blue Bonnet, Saki, ferretlover, JKLM, phokdapolees, Dessew, Mutleyddmc, Metal Sonic, YamiNoKira, -Kubbs-, Brian Skies, Skelda

Deadline hits on Sunday, September 22, 9:26 PM ((expired on 2013-09-22 21:26:00) remaining)

Mod Notes:

Metal Sonic is
V/LA
Until Tuesday, September 10, 2013.
Will start lloking for replacements in ((expired on 2013-09-10 21:26:00) remaining)
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:42 am

Post by Skelda »

Hello everyone. Toodles. I'm Skelda. This is my first non-Newbie game, so I guess we'll see how that goes. I do not care for the random vote stage, so I will not be participating, but whatever floats your boat. Looking forward to a good game...
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:45 am

Post by JKLM »

Hey doctor pepper: rule 3 says even the recently lynched can talk at night, but the next rule says that no dead players can post. Could you clarify?

Skelda:

Neither do I, its a lot of paranoia that runs rampant, but its better than NOTHING.

I read about RQS, and became very interested in it, so I think ill try it out here:
This a question to all of you, awnser however you want to.

What's your favorite Pet and why?

Not sure if that's EXACTLY how ya do it but hey might as well try it.

Our odds as town aren't that great at first I have to say. Each person assuredly has 4/11 chance to lynch a scum today. Admittedly it's not THAT bad as that's just over a third.

So I have another question: with two mafia factions, does that mean we essentially have two kills per night? If that's true then God this should be interesting.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Dessew »

Ahoi!
I like cats, because they don't want to look selfless. Probably the most genuine mammals.
The other question: I guess so.
VOTE: Skelda
I love RVS.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:41 am

Post by JKLM »

I literally just realized Mutley is in this game.

vote Muttley

HIYA MUTLEY HERP DERP

unvote

But really I'd rather not do that
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:43 am

Post by JKLM »

unvote

Second thing i should note is that I'm playing a good majority of this game from my phone so sorry for autocorrects and typos that I gurantee I WILL MAKE. It also makes posting tedious for me. Just a heads up.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Dessew »

Did you really vote and then unvote immediately? I get that you were joking, but it could have been just a RV. "it's better than NOTHING"
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:50 am

Post by phokdapolees »

I like bandwagons.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:51 am

Post by phokdapolees »

Also, dogs are my favorite pets, as cats just go around doing their own thing all the time while dogs actually seem to like people.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 am

Post by JKLM »

Yes I did. Mostly because I just played a game with Mutley and wanted to say hi and get his attention.

RVS is RVS. It has no significance until someone tries to take advantage of it and cut the day off with a mislynch that it holds any actual reads on people, which as also useful for finding chainsaws.

P edit:
Phokadpaples: hi. I don't know why, there just wants much to say in this p edit. Sowwy.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 5, JKLM wrote:Hey doctor pepper: rule 3 says even the recently lynched can talk at night, but the next rule says that no dead players can post. Could you clarify?

Skelda:

Neither do I, its a lot of paranoia that runs rampant, but its better than NOTHING.

I read about RQS, and became very interested in it, so I think ill try it out here:
This a question to all of you, awnser however you want to.

What's your favorite Pet and why?

Not sure if that's EXACTLY how ya do it but hey might as well try it.

Our odds as town aren't that great at first I have to say. Each person assuredly has 4/11 chance to lynch a scum today. Admittedly it's not THAT bad as that's just over a third.

So I have another question: with two mafia factions, does that mean we essentially have two kills per night? If that's true then God this should be interesting.
I don't quite see the point in completely random questions without a Mafia base, but whatever. I'll answer them...

My favorite pet is probably a cat too. Just because they are all independant and less disgusting versions of dogs.

Yes, there are two kills a night, but I suppose there is a chance of both factions choosing the same person, in which case there will just be one death I guess? Unless the second faction to choose is told that person is already dead, but I doubt that somehow. I've never played a game with two Mafias before. And I mean, odds of hitting a scum a Day 1 are better than the odds in an average game, since we have 4 scum, while most games with a single faction of similar sizes only have 2 or 3. Why did you feel the need to even bring up the odds, if we have decent town players this will not turn into a numbers game.

And since we are asking random questions, I suppose I'll try that as well. Do you all think it would be logical for the Masons to all claim Day 1 and why or why not? Also, under what circumstances do you think Masons should claim in this setup?
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 5, JKLM wrote:Hey doctor pepper: rule 3 says even the recently lynched can talk at night, but the next rule says that no dead players can post. Could you clarify?
The recently lynched can talk during twilight (the time after the hammer vote and before the thread lock), but cannot post at all after their role has been revealed. Also, the mod is much more likely to see your question if you bold it.
In post 5, JKLM wrote:What's your favorite Pet and why?
I like cats! They're awesome.
In post 5, JKLM wrote:Our odds as town aren't that great at first I have to say. Each person assuredly has 4/11 chance to lynch a scum today. Admittedly it's not THAT bad as that's just over a third.
That's actually better than most 11-player setups, and since we have two weeks to discuss and form reads on players, we have a rather good shot at lynching scum.
In post 5, JKLM wrote:So I have another question: with two mafia factions, does that mean we essentially have two kills per night? If that's true then God this should be interesting.
That's right. We will probably have two deaths each Night, unless both factions target the same player. We really need to lynch scum to have a good shot at winning.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:06 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 13, Skelda wrote:And since we are asking random questions, I suppose I'll try that as well. Do you all think it would be logical for the Masons to all claim Day 1 and why or why not?
Definitely not. With two kills per Night, the only benefit claiming D1 would do is give us 3 less for our D1c lynch pool while sacrificing 2 conf-townies during our first Night (unless both factions kill the same Mason, which still isn't worth the benefits).
In post 13, Skelda wrote:Also, under what circumstances do you think Masons should claim in this setup?
Either when we're about to lynch a Mason (in which case only the one Mason should claim) or in later days where narrowing down the lynch pool gives us autowin or close to autowin. Otherwise we're just giving bait to the scum factions.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:09 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

Now, then... hello, Brian Skies! Fancy meeting you here.
In post 10, phokdapolees wrote:VOTE: Skelda
I like bandwagons.
So if I did this...

...you would like it?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 15, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 13, Skelda wrote:And since we are asking random questions, I suppose I'll try that as well. Do you all think it would be logical for the Masons to all claim Day 1 and why or why not?
Definitely not. With two kills per Night, the only benefit claiming D1 would do is give us 3 less for our D1c lynch pool while sacrificing 2 conf-townies during our first Night (unless both factions kill the same Mason, which still isn't worth the benefits).
That is what I was thinking, but the thing is, it isn't likely for all three masons to survive the night, as there are three chances for them to die. And, once a Mason is dead, I think the legitimacy of all Mason claims will be put into check, since there will then be enough scum to fakeclaim Mason and even if the real Masons stepped forward, we would have no way of telling them apart. Of course, this would have to be done in a lylo sort of situation, since the instant a true Mason flipped Mason we would know who was lying, but I suppose it is in the town's best interest to try and keep all of the Masons alive for as long as possible.
In post 15, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 13, Skelda wrote:Also, under what circumstances do you think Masons should claim in this setup?
Either when we're about to lynch a Mason (in which case only the one Mason should claim) or in later days where narrowing down the lynch pool gives us autowin or close to autowin. Otherwise we're just giving bait to the scum factions.
I think if all Masons survive the night and we lynch town, it would be ideal for them to step forward as that would lower of suspect pool considerably. But anyway, like I said, we don't want to get ourselves in the situation of only one or two Masons alive so the Mason role can be fakeclaimable, so I agree, if we are about to lynch one of the Masons, step forward but do not drag your Mason partners into it. And all Masons should be breadcrumbing their roles now...
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 16, YamiNoKira wrote:Now, then... hello, Brian Skies! Fancy meeting you here.
I like bandwagons.
So if I did this...

...you would like it?
I'm sure scum quite like it.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 18, Skelda wrote:
In post 16, YamiNoKira wrote:Now, then... hello, Brian Skies! Fancy meeting you here.
I like bandwagons.
So if I did this...

...you would like it?
I'm sure scum quite like it.
I don't know about scum, but I certainly like it.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 17, Skelda wrote:That is what I was thinking, but the thing is, it isn't likely for all three masons to survive the night, as there are three chances for them to die. And, once a Mason is dead, I think the legitimacy of all Mason claims will be put into check, since there will then be enough scum to fakeclaim Mason and even if the real Masons stepped forward, we would have no way of telling them apart. Of course, this would have to be done in a lylo sort of situation, since the instant a true Mason flipped Mason we would know who was lying, but I suppose it is in the town's best interest to try and keep all of the Masons alive for as long as possible.
Yeah, if a Mason dies, one (or both) factions can fakeclaim Mason. But outing Masons now to prevent that is not a good idea.

As for the other part, I think it depends on the situation and how much information we have at that point.
In post 18, Skelda wrote:I'm sure scum quite like it.
Mmm, perhaps.
In post 19, Dessew wrote:I don't know about scum, but I certainly like it.
Eh... why?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Yep, specifically joined this game just so I can vote you. I was going to do it in RVS...
And then this happened. Damn it Dessew!

VOTE: Dessew
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:30 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

I like this BW better. Tell me what you think of it, phokdapolees.

VOTE: Dessew
-Kubbs-
-Kubbs-
Townie
-Kubbs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 am

Post by -Kubbs- »

VOTE: Saki

I needed that out of my system.

Stubbs.
Hydra of Karnage and StubbsKVM
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 20, YamiNoKira wrote:
Eh... why?
In post 17, Skelda wrote: I think if all Masons survive the night and we lynch town, it would be ideal for them to step forward as that would lower of suspect pool considerably. But anyway, like I said, we don't want to get ourselves in the situation of only one or two Masons alive so the Mason role can be fakeclaimable, so I agree, if we are about to lynch one of the Masons, step forward but do not drag your Mason partners into it. And all Masons should be breadcrumbing their roles now...
This is the reason. Especially the beginning and the end.

Return to “Completed Open Games”