Newbie 1449: Return of the Van [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Trisania »

Hayato is at L-1? I didn't notice.
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:58 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Black and white, huh, Grim?

@Tris & SD
I'm not sure how do you play cop. But this is how I played it. I chose my night targets based on the amount of info I have on that player. Cervantes was playing lurky, hence. We had the least info on him. Thus, I investigated him. We had little info on SD on D2. I investigated him the next night.

I'm not a fan of reading wiki, so I just played with my own logical reasonings. If I were to suddenly put Cervantes on my town-reads without any reason wouldn't scum immediately noticed? There was no reason to let people know, I knew about who is conf town. So as long as Cervantes/Fferyllt didn't show any signs of getting lynch, I would keep a null read on him/her.

Fferyllt replaced Cervantes and that was very awkward for me. FFerrylt noticed I wasn't showing suspicions towards her. I'm not going to say "Actually I am cop, and I know. That's why I have no suspicions towards you.". So, I fabricated those suspicions towards fferyllt. I don't think my attacks on fferyllt would derail that NS wagon, so I brainstormed and provide the "suspicions" necessary to satisfy fferyllt.

I see no point in outing myself, when I could try to survive. An ideal situation would be, SD and fferyllt alive Today. Three conf town against 2 scum. Instead we have two. And convincing you(Tris) is going to be the problem. Please question me. ISO me and tell me where it doesn't fit.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:58 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 643, Grimgroove wrote: I'm telling you to take a step back and think about what you're saying. I'm not trying to turn it as scummy (though your misrep of me was scummy by itself), but it is idiotic to such levels that I do very much HOPE it's scummy.
So now you're trying to ad-hom (insult) what I'm saying, don't explain what's 'idiotic' and just add yet another taunt. This is just you trying to turn it into a contest. That's scummy.
In post 643, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 633, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 629, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 626, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 624, SafetyDance wrote:YOUR vote makes him conftown FMPOV, if he wasn't he'd hammered.

Explain this.
Tris is online, or was when you made the vote. All she had to do was vote, which she didn't.
That logic excludes the possibility of Trisiana-WBO scumteam.
Why are you excluding that possibility?
Lmfao. This game would be OVER if they were the team. I just literally explained that.
You didn't explain it. Why would it be over if they were the scumteam? They don't have the possibility to hammer town.[/quote]
Considering this a slip. Grim wont admit it but TRIS - if you're scum with WBO then your vote would be all it takes to win the game. Anyone should know this. Why he's ignoring this I don't know, it doesn't make sense.

P-EDIT. LOL, see, now he's claiming it's a name mix up.
Too much time tarring, not enough time actually thinking? (ye
In post 643, Grimgroove wrote:
It is also a scum-team you gave NO possibility to or thought about.
I don't need to and I explained why. Hayato is confscum. Not only does my case on him prove it, it's also my vote on him that proves it FMPOV.
Yes you do, you should if you're town, otherwise why would you then expect me to or need to?

You are calling it slam-dunk case based on ONE post. You have ignored Hayato's day 1 reads, you've ignored his reads later on irt to Ffery. You've posted up one post, called it proof and voted. That's too much of a jump for a townie who's got no actual idea to make.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 646, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 642, SafetyDance wrote:Grimgroove, how about you explain to me how Trisania can still be scum, why she can be scum and how she can be scum with Hayato.

All things you've ignored or deflected from.
I've explained why she can be scum in post .

The fact she didn't hammer Hayato doesn't rule out she's possibly scum with Hayato.
No, you gave a theory on why she could be scum. If she's scum then it would have to be with Hayato and you haven't given a reason as to how that is possible.

In that very post you linked, you gave REASONS for thinking I'm scum, but theorised over Tris.

It's there in black and white.
In post 647, Grimgroove wrote: Your earlier logic excluded the possibility of a Hayato - Trisiana scumteam. So the question should be: why are you ignoring that possibilty?
In post 648, Grimgroove wrote: This is what I'm talking about. Trisiana isn't made conftown because she doesn't hammer Hayato, only if you assume Hayato isn't scum.
Why would you assume this?
How can you call me ignoring it when you aren't even explained how a Haya-Tris team can eventuate or be possible?

Your vote has made her conf-town otherwise you wouldn't be trying to argue with me AND not explain how any of the others could be town. You would be trying to explain, with more than just a post as a reason for believing Hayato is scum and trying to work together, discuss reads. Not vote straight away.
In post 641, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:News update: Everyone knows you're scum, you're at L-1, and SD is probs your partner. I proved GG Town. As Scum I pronounce you Screwed and Double-Screwed Over.
Why didn't you breadcrumb?
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 653, SafetyDance wrote:Why didn't you breadcrumb?

Why aren't you asking the same to Hayato?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 651, hayatoBL wrote:Black and white, huh, Grim?

@Tris & SD
I'm not sure how do you play cop. But this is how I played it. I chose my night targets based on the amount of info I have on that player. Cervantes was playing lurky, hence. We had the least info on him. Thus, I investigated him. We had little info on SD on D2. I investigated him the next night.

I'm not a fan of reading wiki, so I just played with my own logical reasonings. If I were to suddenly put Cervantes on my town-reads without any reason wouldn't scum immediately noticed? There was no reason to let people know, I knew about who is conf town. So as long as Cervantes/Fferyllt didn't show any signs of getting lynch, I would keep a null read on him/her.

Fferyllt replaced Cervantes and that was very awkward for me. FFerrylt noticed I wasn't showing suspicions towards her. I'm not going to say "Actually I am cop, and I know. That's why I have no suspicions towards you.". So, I fabricated those suspicions towards fferyllt. I don't think my attacks on fferyllt would derail that NS wagon, so I brainstormed and provide the "suspicions" necessary to satisfy fferyllt.

I see no point in outing myself, when I could try to survive. An ideal situation would be, SD and fferyllt alive Today. Three conf town against 2 scum. Instead we have two. And convincing you(Tris) is going to be the problem. Please question me. ISO me and tell me where it doesn't fit.
What if you had died during night 2? Your N1 result would have been completely useless given you putting down Cervantes as null and "providing" suspicions to appease fferyllt. Why did you feel the need to appease to fferyllt?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 651, hayatoBL wrote:Fferyllt replaced Cervantes and that was very awkward for me. FFerrylt noticed I wasn't showing suspicions towards her. I'm not going to say "Actually I am cop, and I know. That's why I have no suspicions towards you.". So, I fabricated those suspicions towards fferyllt. I don't think my attacks on fferyllt would derail that NS wagon, so I brainstormed and provide the "suspicions" necessary to satisfy fferyllt.
This is what I was waiting for (yes :wifom:) if Grim had thought he was scum he'd have mentioned as well, instead he stopped, content with an early day pressure statement on Cervantes.
In post 649, Trisania wrote:
In post 640, SafetyDance wrote:Tris are you still online?
Yes, but this thread has become so active it's hard to keep up with my slow internet while trying to read hayato's ISO.

I'd rather not vote yet. It is so easy for scum to quickhammer on a posted vote.
I'm going to prove you're town and everything I said is right. On the off chance she's not, then blame falls on Grim-town for voting so quickly and not even bothering to consider scum-Tris, or attempt to explain it to me or his Hayato read better. His vote sets him up with WBO and since I'm town that would mean a Hayato/Tris team and yet when pressured to explain how Tris can be scum with Hayato he's deflected and ignored it. Which an experienced player as town would not do.

But that's a discussion for end game. If you're town, don't vote for a couple of days please (real time).

Vote: WBO
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 654, Grimgroove wrote:

Nice try:
In post 582, SafetyDance wrote:Oh yeah, did any of you two breadcrumb?
All three haven't said if they breadcrumbed, which would have made things so much easier, and surprising given D1 discussion.
In post 655, Grimgroove wrote:What if you had died during night 2? Your N1 result would have been completely useless given you putting down Cervantes as null and "providing" suspicions to appease fferyllt. Why did you feel the need to appease to fferyllt?
If WBO!Cop died, what would we have gotten out of his reads? Not his N1 result or any indication of.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 653, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 646, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 642, SafetyDance wrote:Grimgroove, how about you explain to me how Trisania can still be scum, why she can be scum and how she can be scum with Hayato.

All things you've ignored or deflected from.
I've explained why she can be scum in post .

The fact she didn't hammer Hayato doesn't rule out she's possibly scum with Hayato.
No, you gave a theory on why she could be scum. If she's scum then it would have to be with Hayato and you haven't given a reason as to how that is possible.
It's possible because it isn't impossible.
In that very post you linked, you gave REASONS for thinking I'm scum, but theorised over Tris.

It's there in black and white.
I also gave REASONS for thinking Tris is town.
How can you call me ignoring it when you aren't even explained how a Haya-Tris team can eventuate or be possible?
:roll:
Your vote has made her conf-town
otherwise you wouldn't be trying to argue with me AND not explain how any of the others could be town
. You would be trying to explain, with more than just a post as a reason for believing Hayato is scum and trying to work together, discuss reads. Not vote straight away.
This is a stretch. You're scum. Thank God for that.
That thing in bold is no objective fact-seeking, it's gut at best, and not in any way reason for "conftown" statusses of anybody. You said it was my vote and Trisiana's lack of voting that made her conftown, I showed you how that doersn't work, and here you are stretching things trying to hold on to that conftown-status of Trisiana.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 657, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 655, Grimgroove wrote:What if you had died during night 2? Your N1 result would have been completely useless given you putting down Cervantes as null and "providing" suspicions to appease fferyllt. Why did you feel the need to appease to fferyllt?
If WBO!Cop died, what would we have gotten out of his reads? Not his N1 result or any indication of.
Because his investigation target died during night 1.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 654, Grimgroove wrote:

Nice try:
In post 582, SafetyDance wrote:Oh yeah, did any of you two breadcrumb?
All three haven't said if they breadcrumbed, which would have made things so much easier, and surprising given D1 discussion.
Yet why do you insist on WBO specifically to answer this question, and not Hayato who's also returned to this topic?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 656, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 651, hayatoBL wrote:Fferyllt replaced Cervantes and that was very awkward for me. FFerrylt noticed I wasn't showing suspicions towards her. I'm not going to say "Actually I am cop, and I know. That's why I have no suspicions towards you.". So, I fabricated those suspicions towards fferyllt. I don't think my attacks on fferyllt would derail that NS wagon, so I brainstormed and provide the "suspicions" necessary to satisfy fferyllt.
This is what I was waiting for (yes :wifom:) if Grim had thought he was scum he'd have mentioned as well, instead he stopped, content with an early day pressure statement on Cervantes.
In post 649, Trisania wrote:
In post 640, SafetyDance wrote:Tris are you still online?
Yes, but this thread has become so active it's hard to keep up with my slow internet while trying to read hayato's ISO.

I'd rather not vote yet. It is so easy for scum to quickhammer on a posted vote.
I'm going to prove you're town and everything I said is right. On the off chance she's not, then blame falls on Grim-town for voting so quickly and not even bothering to consider scum-Tris, or attempt to explain it to me or his Hayato read better. His vote sets him up with WBO and since I'm town that would mean a Hayato/Tris team and yet when pressured to explain how Tris can be scum with Hayato he's deflected and ignored it. Which an experienced player as town would not do.

But that's a discussion for end game. If you're town, don't vote for a couple of days please (real time).

And this vote is perfect.

Trisiana needs to decide between two scenarios:

Either me and WBO as a scumteam.

Or Safety Dance and Hayato as a scumteam.

SafetyDance's vote makes Day 4 an irrelevant after-thought.

If Trisiana is scum, then I'll leave it up to objective observers as to who is to blame for this loss.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 658, Grimgroove wrote:It's possible because it isn't impossible.
That doesn't explain your position or your reads.
In post 658, Grimgroove wrote:I also gave REASONS for thinking Tris is town.
No you didn't, you theorised about her doc claim. "But the rest of Trisiana's game looked pro-town enough." is not you giving REASONS for a town read.
:roll:[/quote]
Still waiting, don't make me repeat it.
In post 658, Grimgroove wrote:This is a stretch. You're scum. Thank God for that.
That thing in bold is no objective fact-seeking, it's gut at best, and not in any way reason for "conftown" statusses of anybody. You said it was my vote and Trisiana's lack of voting that made her conftown, I showed you how that doersn't work, and here you are stretching things trying to hold on to that conftown-status of Trisiana.
Nope, you're misrepping what I said (I get it, your wincon tells you too). You haven't shown anything, your ACTIONS are proof enough, even this response after the vote proves that what I wrote is right. If not, we'll find out when does Tris comes on and does/doesn't vote. (Btw, it's site etiquette not to troll Tris, if you are scum and can win, you win the game immediately).
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Grimgroove »

This discussion is useless. If you're town, your vote has rendered it useless. If you're scum, it's useless because you're scum.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 659, Grimgroove wrote:
Because his investigation target died during night 1.
In post 605, SafetyDance wrote:Yet it's not a problem for you and terribly convenient that WBO's investigation claim on N1 was on dead townie. That's rather fortunate for him.
:roll:
In post 660, Grimgroove wrote:Yet why do you insist on WBO specifically to answer this question, and not Hayato who's also returned to this topic?
Asking WBO again =/= not wanting Hayato to answer it.

You're grasping at straws.
In post 661, Grimgroove wrote:And this vote is perfect.

Trisiana needs to decide between two scenarios:

Either me and WBO as a scumteam.

Or Safety Dance and Hayato as a scumteam.

SafetyDance's vote makes Day 4 an irrelevant after-thought.

If Trisiana is scum, then I'll leave it up to objective observers as to who is to blame for this loss.
No shit sherlock, welcome to the discussion 3-4 pages ago. I'll be vindicated post-game, even if a loss and you know it. What did you do to try and prove Trisiana was scum? Nothing, just deflect the questions, and try to argue with me. The proof is there in the thread. Black. And. White.

Anyway I'm out, least til tonight if lucky. Any questions, Tris, will have to wait til then.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I showed proof that Hayato is scum and you ignored it. You're now voting WBO and for what reason? An association with me, and you don't even have a case on me.
I wouldn't be counting on any vindication if I were you.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Post by hayatoBL »

@Tris.

Look at the situation we're in. Me and SD were suspicious of you. You were suspicious of me. Think. Who would benefit the most? Regardless of which and how many PR's we have. If me and SD have BP and Tracker for instance, Grim and WBO would use your suspicion towards me to get me lynched. Try and think about this carefully. Don't put your vote to quick. I'll be ISOing WBO and Grim in the meantime to provide you with more proof.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Hayato's last post is reassuring as to Trisiana's alignment.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 2.8Grimgroove
hatatoBL - 1 (Grimgroove)
SafetyDance
Trisania
WBOCampfire1104 - 2 (hayato, SafetyDance)

With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch. Deadline is 12/28 at 5PM EST
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by WBOCampfire1104 »

@Mod, I voted for Hayato

My view so far:
Hayato did a fakeclaim (scum),
SD, when adressed by GG, totally ignores hayato's negativity,
So the scumteam is very obviously HAYATO AND SAFTEYDANCE.
Buy gold and search for the blindeye.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Trisania »

I won't prolong the agony:
In post 649, Trisania wrote:It is so easy for scum to quickhammer on a posted vote
In post 656, SafetyDance wrote:If you're town, don't vote for a couple of days please (real time).

Sorry, SD.

VOTE: WBOCampfire1104
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

TRIS YOU SON O A BISCUIT
IM YOUR COP HAYATO AND SD ARE SCUM
WE LOST
AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHJJHHHHKSNSSSHEJJJBSISBUSISJKSKSBSISBJSJSBSJHSJD
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

See you in the queue.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 671, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:TRIS YOU SON O A BISCUIT
IM YOUR COP HAYATO AND SD ARE SCUM
WE LOST
AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHJJHHHHKSNSSSHEJJJBSISBUSISJKSKSBSISBJSJSBSJHSJD
Actually, I won. :)
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm

You clever little thing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”