Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:05 am

Post by Garmr »

EBWOP-wasn't meant to post before checking spelling and grammar issues.

Take "through" out it was going to be the start of the new sentence before I decided to start with finally.

Finally Orestes why would you consider Nutsy McSexytail a easy target. Currently the views on her are mixed as she has people who think she is town and others who think she is scum, wouldn't a easier wagon to join be Banksy since no one has town read on her. Peoples reads of her reads are either null or scummy.

(Also if you couldn't see from my post I view Banksy as a null currently but a subject of interest.)
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Kid A »

VOTE: orestes
nice fluffposting
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:51 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 39, Garmr wrote:Bit jumpy on those votes there aren't yah.
In post 18, Squirrel Girl wrote:
Unvote: TSO
Vote: Herself

A bit of sheeping, and a bit of fantasy removal of anti-fun fears, and a bit of early wagon, win/win/win!
A bit of sheeping in the rvs ok that's acceptable through sheeping a paranoid person who could be fear mongering hmmm.
In post 21, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 20, Street Hassle wrote:Yabbut desp is looking pretty town here.
Who do you think looks scummy? For a vote and a pistachio maybe I'll sheep you.
Now you're setting up a future sheep. I thought you were Nutsy McSexytail not Woolly McSheepit
I ended up missing this. I will admit I don't really see the acorn with this push. You are calling me out on sheeping, admit that sheeping int he RVS is okay, and then are voting me, despite the fact that right before your vote I had decided not to sheep, and then got all willy-nilly with me asking to hear a case and suggesting I might *chitter* again for it.

I'm not sure I understand the fire.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Garmr »

@ Nutsy McSexytail
Well I kinda thought i made it clear but if you didn't understand sorry i will try to make it clearer (The faults probably on my end because of my writing skills).

Sheeping in Rvs stage is fine because it builds wagons but what had me concerned was the fact you declared you might sheep in the future that is a odd thing to say that was my concern not the rvs sheeping itself.

Also before anyone says but you called Orestes out for sheeping he did it out the Rvs stage, the Rvs stage pretty much ended at post 35 and his vote seemed serious.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Why is sheeping outside of the RVS stage bad? It benefits town to build consensus, at some stage that means you need people to gather the nuts just as much as you need people to spot where the nuts are. This is science, you can't argue with it. :D
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Garmr »

Sheeping allows people to jump onto wagons with out reasons. Wiki meaning of sheeping

The wiki even states itself that players who tend to sheep are nuisences, difficult to read and bad players simultaneously. The reason it's called sheeping because sheeping is a mindless action of following some else with no independent thought. This leads to scum controlling the sheeps easier. The only reasons I view sheeping in rvs as acceptable is because it's the stage you vote people for fun and it gets the game going.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Do you think it looks like all my actions have lacked independent thought? Because if no, then I am unsure what your issue is as regards that definition.
Herself
Herself
Goon
Herself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Herself »

No one cares what the wiki says, Garmr.

SG's #54 is precisely why sheeping is not scummy. What you need to realize is that everything is null--what matters is the context and the intent of each individual action. So blanket statements like "She says she will sheep later in the game and sheeping is scummy!" really just don't fly.

Why do you think scum-SG who planned on lying low and sheeping would telegraph that on page two? Don't you think they would just...do it?

- Des
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Garmr »

@Sheep
Just post 21 shows no individual thought process. I am actually considering switching my vote to Orestes depending on how our little conversation turns out.

@Herself (Desp it's you :facepalm: )
Nobody cares about you hmpph. Well that aside I used the wiki because sheeping. Of course I know sheeping is null by itself. But circumstances change the time when you can sheep. Like for example when you need to lynch someone in a hurry because there's a hour left in the day. It when people plan do it continuously that worries me.

Lets flip the chessboard. What town motivation does she have to say that. She obviously doesn't have a town read on street hassle when she offered because after the next post she votes them. This is where the confusions at this is what I want to know.

Also what's up with this white knighting on Nutsy McSexytail first Orestes now Herself. Nutsy McSexytail is perfectly capable of talking for herself.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 58, Garmr wrote:@Squirrel of Sheer Awesomeness
Just post 21 shows no individual thought process. I am actually considering switching my vote to Orestes depending on how our little conversation turns out.
Post 21 shows no lack of individual thought process. What I see there is "if you think I'm voting town, show me a case on scum that I think is good and I'll vote it" How do you get something else out of it?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I will admit I blindly sheep for pistachios though.
But I think everyone does, they're just scared to admit it.
Also pecans.
Herself
Herself
Goon
Herself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Herself »

In post 58, Garmr wrote:Nobody cares about you hmpph. Well that aside I used the wiki because sheeping. Of course I know sheeping is null by itself. But circumstances change the time when you can sheep. Like for example when you need to lynch someone in a hurry because there's a hour left in the day. It when people plan do it continuously that worries me.

Lets flip the chessboard. What town motivation does she have to say that. She obviously doesn't have a town read on street hassle when she offered because after the next post she votes them. This is where the confusions at this is what I want to know.

Also what's up with this white knighting on Nutsy McSexytail first Orestes now Herself. Nutsy McSexytail is perfectly capable of talking for herself.
:igmeou: Why are you facepalming me when TSO had figured the game out and you fucked it up? You actually believed two scum would ever act like that and it was embarassing.

The town motivation for SG is that she is presenting herself as a malleable town player that will help the more forceful personalities that she believes to be town to achieve lynches. Someone has to fill that role and she is telling us up front that she is willing to do so.

I think you have us confused with someone else because we haven't mentioned Orestes at all.

- Des
Street Hassle
Street Hassle
Goon
Street Hassle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Street Hassle »

In post 44, TvK wrote:I feel Squirrel Girl's vibe, but I can't say it feels as towny as others find it.
Ok what exactly do you mean here by "feel Squirrel Girl's vibe?"
In post 45, Orestes wrote:Can't get a read on Street Hassle yet, if it were later in the day I might have to think more about following him votewise...but it's page 2 and it might be because I haven't played with a hydra before, at least not knowingly.
Why do you feel the need to justify the early game nature of your vote?
In post 49, Garmr wrote:.Fferylt and Empire(street hassle) are power houses I'm a bit curious why they waited for someone else to vote Banksy first. Through it could be they had to discuss it.
ffery and I did manage to talk about this vote last night and she seemed to agree with it (though we were both drunk at the time >_>).
I found the way she approached her back-and-forth with my other head way too careful. "I find it odd" / "The way you put it was especially weird" (as opposed to just straight up calling things suspicious / scummy) actually reminds me of the shit I do as scum when I want to sound sincere / considerate but in actuality am setting up for cautious play that doesn't make any waves.
There are also some meta reasons behind it but I'd rather keep those close to my chest for right now.

ffery wants to know why you're calling us powerhouses even though we have both have no completed games together. Personally, while I'd love the notion that legend of my greatness has proliferated like wildfire, I too would like to know where you're getting this here.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 59, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 58, Garmr wrote:@Squirrel of Sheer Awesomeness
Post 21 shows no lack of individual thought process. What I see there is "if you think I'm voting town, show me a case on scum that I think is good and I'll vote it" How do you get something else out of it?
What I got was I'm willing to sheep you if you have a scum read if not i'm voting. Looking back I do see you meant that. I hate being wrong but

UNVOTE: Squirrel of Sheer Awesomeness

What's embarrassing is you made the you were connected to obvious and I never encountered a mason or heard of the role before that game. Also the fact if you voted GG which most players wanted to instead of going for a majiffy who was a null read that lent slightly town the other scum would of fallen into place. But enough of that

The White Knighting bit is referring to people jumping to Fluffy Bushytails defence like Orestes. You and Orestes aren't connected was just stating the fact you both aided her. Through Orestes did it in a less obvious more scummy way and his post is pretty fluff filled so.

VOTE: Orestes

@Street hastle
I tried metaing both of you before and you should know when as I'm not at liberality to say. I found it pretty hard but from what I saw you were both very persuasive more so empire. An example is BSG, even through you thought your plays were bad in BSG I thought they were good just You managed to survive and that's a pretty good skill to have. To be honest through I couldn't draw a meta out of it but I can keep trying the more Yah try the better you get.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 62, Street Hassle wrote:
In post 44, TvK wrote:I feel Squirrel Girl's vibe, but I can't say it feels as towny as others find it.
Comic Code only!
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:10 am

Post by TvK »

In post 62, Street Hassle wrote:
Her first posts had a weird combination of low content and nuts. And I never found that a very townish combination. But I like it that she's cutting down on the nuts.

In a weird way, I liked Garmr's posts even though he had to admit he was wrong.

I like Street Hassle for asking me questions. I always come up with better things when answering people's questions.
In post 45, Orestes wrote:Nice work being noncommittal TvK. I mean it's fine for some reads but if it's all you're contributing.

I can dig this pokemon wagon. VOTE: Banksys Flareon
Can you explain why you dig Banksy's wagon?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 65, TvK wrote:Her first posts had a weird combination of low content and nuts. And I never found that a very townish combination. But I like it that she's cutting down on the nuts.

In a weird way, I liked Garmr's posts even though he had to admit he was wrong.

I like Street Hassle for asking me questions. I always come up with better things when answering people's questions.
Why no ICE vote then? You should vote ICE.
:nerd:
I'm wearing glasses, you can trust me.
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 am

Post by TvK »

Even though I don't really like ICE's vote because of a statement pulled out of its context, I'll keep my vote on Orestes. He voted without explaining why, so I assume he was like "oh ICE's weird reasoning is good enough ti jump on the wagon".
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:48 am

Post by TvK »

Also, I only trust people with insta-scum-detecting glasses.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 67, TvK wrote:Even though I don't really like ICE's vote because of a statement pulled out of its context, I'll keep my vote on Orestes. He voted without explaining why, so I assume he was like "oh ICE's weird reasoning is good enough ti jump on the wagon".
I can agree with that logic. But I thought the source looked worse than the drip.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Kid A »

orestes isnt scummy for bandwagoning early game hes scummy for identifying 2 ok scum suspects but voting a different person from both of them
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:54 am

Post by havingfitz »

Stopping in...haven't read since page 1. RL holiday weekend commitments taking priority.

Should have done this yesterday but consider me
v/la until Tuesday
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 am

Post by ICEninja »

Alright let me explain my reasoning for not liking Banksys's post earlier. He made this statement:
Banksys wrote: Why would you talk about having "found" town? Why would you then be ambiguous about who you're referring to?
It's hard to see a train of thought in which this yields a scum read you can act upon.
Think about that underlined statement. He's saying that town hunting isn't useful in finding scum. Herself hadn't even given out town reads, so why attack her for it? Town hunting is the very basis for which PoE is used. Town hunt for a handful of players you're unwilling to lynch, suddenly the lynch pool becomes a lot smaller. Tons of players do this. Combine that silly attack with my earlier statement of how the first 2 sentences in that quote contradict each other in purpose and you've got a pretty voteworthy post here.

I'm legitimately surprised people are confused about this vote. Post 31 by Banksys is still the scummiest post made so far this game.

Garmr is looking fairly town, I got embarrassed town vibes from post 63. Fitz giving no content seems like a frustratingly common trend with this guy. Street Hassle dropped a (pretty big, in my eyes) town tell that I don't want to discuss.

The number of town looking players here suggests that there's at least 1 scum in the "hasn't posted yet" camp. I might have to do some lurker hunting this game.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

bump for vc
F-16_Fighting_Falcon