thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:06 am

Post by pirate mollie »

ugh quote tags fail

anyways

you guys played really well what it seems like what you were crabbing about was that town did not give you a good enough challenge. and you would probably be right.
whew!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Formerfish »

Mollie, no one went against the Pecan read? Iso me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 3974, pirate mollie wrote:I called you out on it.
Well, you did question whether it was real, but it seemed more like you were first working from your scumread on me and then concluding that it was possibly fake. I was more just commenting on the tells I made that should have been called out (most of which happened after you died).
In post 3974, pirate mollie wrote:I don't understand why you are saying "fuck site meta" when it largely agrees with what you are saying and to me, that is the problem. mebbe I just have a different view on what bad town play is.
I'm not saying that the current site meta is wrong or right, just that I think the entire concept of site meta is dumb.
it seemed like it took forever to get nacho to see that you were scum but I kind of blame myself for that cos I kept getting distracted by shiny things. I don't think any1 is going to argue that scum played a kick-ass game and sincerely hope that you do not think that I am trying to take that away from you (lol, as if I could).

I don't get why people thought that you were town to me it looked like you were obviously bussing porkens and the way you ramped up activity after we were dead seemed obvious to me. I had hope when majiffy subbed in and we zeroed in on pecan right away but no1 was willing to go against morph's town read on them (except notty). or their town read on you.
Yea, I was counting on that backfiring on you when it turned out that Porkens was the mafia rolecop, because it wouldn't have made sense for me to try bussing our most valuable role D1. That, and we just decided to kill you N1 anyway. =P
I think you have a GREAT point about town apathy and compromise lynches. I know I checked out for a good bit until nacho gave me a head's up about tbone's claim and I was like wat. I think we only got him lynched cos you guys helped.
He deserved it, the scumbag! =P
I thought pasch was pretty transparent with his thought processes. they might not have made sense to other people but they made sense to me. <--- this is why I addressed you in the first place. I felt it was unfair to blame pasch for his mislynch when scum had moved him in that position in the first place. it seems like the town you are applauding are the people who helped you win.
Well, just about everyone on the town helped us win, if you want to look at it that way. Pasch spent plenty of time helping me lynch people, too. What I meant when I called out certain town members were the people who we were most worried about as a scumteam, the people who we felt had the greatest chance of bringing out a town win (you/Nacho, morph, AJ, Desp, etc). They're often the people we manipulated the most, but that's because we specifically made an effort to tailor our play against the town players who were the greatest danger to us. It didn't matter if someone like Pasch or notscience thought we were scum, because they weren't doing anything to convince anyone else.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun game, and we definitely had to work hard for that win, especially after claimgate fucked us. At one point it looked like we were going to lose Porkens/T-Bone/SpyreX/Pecan in back-to-back lynches, so we worked on trying to set me up to survive and carry the game for scum. Step #1 in making that remotely possible was killing you, mollie. =P
Permanent V/LA.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 am

Post by quadz08 »

As a note, the thing that I think saved the scum was the doc save on SpyreX when the scum decided they were going to shoot him in order to off his lover. It made SpyreX not-quite-confirmed-town. Huge turning point in the game.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yea, that was pretty awesome.

For those who want to follow the Scum QT when we decided to kill SpyreX, it's posts 398-426. Pretty fun read.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”