NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7500 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 5, Votecount 24
Ser Arthur Dayne (3)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Ms Marangal

zMuffinMan (3)
-
Prophylaxis, Ser Arthur Dayne, Norlkaz

Titus (3)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, KoreanBBQ, pieguyn

Prophylaxis (2)
-
zMuffinMan, Titus

pieguyn (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (1)
-
geists

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is on February 12th at 7:35 AM EST or in (expired on 2014-02-12 08:35:22).

Mod Notes
-
Sakura Hana is V/LA.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7501 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 7499, KoreanBBQ wrote:Sad, I think you should just go ahead and claim.

For me its between you, Titus and Norl. I *might* entertain a Muffin lynch.
I am zzz doctor.

But srsly I'm VT. Should be pretty obvious anyway?

(Fyi there should be a mass claim at some point. Soon. Like very very soon.)
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7502 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:28 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Unvote
Vote: SAD
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7503 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:33 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

f16 wrote:Proph's recent posts about Generic interactions feel genuine
why? he did nothing outside of counting the number of interactions and suggesting that the people with more interactions are town. there's a complete lack of analysis of the actual interactions.
norlkaz wrote:I prefer Muffin or Titus for today
why?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7504 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Empire »

Prodding Casso the King of Seals.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7505 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 7503, zMuffinMan wrote:
norlkaz wrote:I prefer Muffin or Titus for today
why?
In post 7492, Norlkaz wrote:SAD has some dicey posts like 6936 and some questionable interactions
but he plays with urgency
I prefer Muffin or Titus for today.
Wat.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7506 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Norlkaz »

To be fair 1937 is also really sketchy.
I don't particularly disapprove lynching SAD.
I'm more up to date now than I was yesterday but I still don't have a true grip beyond 'people seem to be doing reasonable things'
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7507 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i was more asking what your reasons for wanting to lynch me or titus are

coz the only mention of me i've seen is something about one of talah's posts and i don't really know what your current thoughts on titus are
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7508 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Norlkaz »

VOTE: SAD
Perhaps I am being impulsive off of a couple random posts of SAD's and missing the ones that made me prefer other lynches yesterday, but wheeeeee!
I saw a few more posts I didn't like and a couple of 'urgent' posts that were the kind of thing scum can easily rage about. "MUFFIN'S STATEMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOURS" is an easy thing to get up in arms about if it's true.
In general a scum's posting gets more intense when they get to argue with the Force of the Truth behind them. Scum have FoT when making statements relying on others making errors; Town have FoT a lot more consistently and particularly when talking about their own towniness.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7509 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:21 am

Post by Norlkaz »

You're scum because I viewed your Iso and I was able to make the hiccupy-can-this-come-from-scum posts work from you scum in my mind.
Titus slot has been sketchy forever.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7510 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 am

Post by geists »

In post 7490, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Subject: mini1510 PAUL WALKER MEMORIAL flights of angels sing thee to (Pie-scum game - Grimgroove is his buddy)
In post 230, pieguyn wrote:not only that but I was questioning Windblown earlier while my vote was on Slandaar. why isn't that one suspicious, when in Grimgroove's case it is?
This game:
In post 4339, pieguyn wrote:it doesn't change the fact that you're supposedly interested in looking at the information from the lynch. but then when Generic tried to do that exact same thing, you apparently found it to be silly. either way, your thought process is contradictory as fuck
I dislike the similarities of these patterns. I am having second thoughts again after re-reading his posts in other games. He feels town. I
want
him to be town since we agree so much. But I wonder if it is too good to be true.

How does it fit into your own meta-model?
He seems more omgus-y to me than what I've seen in other games. As town, it's really easy to fall into the trap of default-scumreading people who scumread you and go after you, especially if you expect them to be able to read you. But, it's also an easy line of attack when you're scum if your game is usually confrontational.

I dunno. It's one of the things that bugs me about his play. That plus just feeling like he's not looking at the whole game, and not engaging people about their reads and his reads any more.

It could be a time-to-spend-on-mafia thing. I've had that assumption in the back of my mind for the last gameday or so.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7511 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 am

Post by geists »

In post 7502, zMuffinMan wrote:
Unvote
Vote: SAD
Interesting.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7512 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

it's not really that interesting

people are calling proph town for <insert shit reason that makes no sense> and it's clear proph isn't getting lynched today

with <24 hours, if it's between titus and sad, i prefer a sad lynch
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7513 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

I still don't understand why you think he's scum
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7514 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

short version:

i think bert was scum, if this thread is still open when i wake up, i'll pull up stuff that stood out to me (and i'll pull up the interactions with generic/ssk that i thought felt off while i'm at it)

as for proph himself, i don't get the feeling he's actually trying to find scum. all the scum hunting he's doing looks fake. the VCA stuff was nonsense, and now he's moved on to counting interactions (and calling people town for having more interactions without actually analysing the interactions).
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7515 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Okay some last thoughts in case I get lynched today (I'm gonna be out for the rest of the day) (I can't do tiers right now because they're gonna look weird and I don't know where to place half the people):

Pie - I honestly don't now anymore. He has these "passion" sparks that I look for in people like Tammy that make me sure of their towniness. However on Pie it's very rare and scattered out, and it just seems their not pushing in the game with the full force that they can. Just, their play makes it seem like they don't believe in what they're saying as much as they want others to believe that they believe what they're saying (if that makes sense). Gut says scum, brain says town. (And you should know by now which one I prefer from those two).

Titus - I honestly don't get why people think she's scum. Cephrir I got a townread after our argument, and Titus hasn't done any scummy things. As I said before, "weird", yes. But not scummy.

Proph - Bert was all kinds of weird. Like scummy weird. But proph has some really town posts, and now I'm starting to doubt that Bert's posts were scummy as opposed to just playstyle. Gonna call this slot town (I also like their push on muffin, it felt like they really did believe in what they were saying and I got a good vibe from it).

muffin - Okay, here's the thing with muffin. I feel like his play this whole game has been an attempt to look like that guy that everyone likes. He doesn't really push anyone strongly, picks on hanging fruit, and tends to buddy up to people. This is evident by the fact that ones I started suspecting him recently, his attitude towards me changed. I just feel like his play this who game has been a fake ruse he's put up just to not attract attention. I also don't like his response to proph scumreading him. As I already said it just reads very very fake.

Geists - Gut says town, brain says likely town but somewhat paranoid. But that paranoia is like 99% wrong. So just stick with them being town.

Norlkaz - Gut town, brain null. I just tend to get general good vibes from their posts. But like if you were to ask me right now what about their play is town, or some posts that are good and why they're good, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you. But again, I just have a moderate-strong gut town read on them. Though if they flipped scum I wouldn't be surprised that much.

Casso - Town. A lot of the things they have done points to that. I don't agree with some of their posts, but I still think they're town (mostly nacho's push towards the end of day 1 regarding the sakura and then the ssk wagon - though the latter might have been an attempt to bus a weak link for town credit but meh).

F-16 - Okay so I'm really paranoid over here. So I think a lot of what they're doing is town. However when POE hits it's kinda the first place my gut will attack. And I just REALLY dislike some of their recent posts in comparison to their rest. It just feels really opportunistic. I just think that they're one of the few people who should clearly see I'm town because they have experience with me and because I feel like they're one of those few people like Tammy who can read me good. They allude to them being able to read me good in several posts, and allude to them thinking I'm town, so their push on me recently just makes me go "wtf". Obviously that's not really enough to make them scum, and as norlkaz said I do feel like they've put too much effort to be scum, but some people are really good at that sort of thing (regfan comes to mind, I think empire is another one).

KBBQ - Gut reads them very very town. Somewhat like the norlkaz read, but to an extremer degree.

Sakura- Town. A lot of what she has done I can consider "anti-town". However I think her "no fucks given" attitude that she shows in some of her posts is consistent with a townie.

GM/Mara - Obviously werewolves with daytalk. Duh. :P

Gl town if I'm lynched! Er.. if not I guess I'll see you day 6?

(Yes I'm keeping my vote on muffin. By far my strongest scumread at the moment, and has the highest chance of flipping scum imo. There's a slight chance I will be able to check the thread again at some point, so I might be able to change my vote somewhere else (yes A.K.A preventing myself from getting lynched)).

Ugh this turned into a wall and I hate walls but oh well.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7516 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:36 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

you guys, I still think Titus is a better lynch. SHE'S AVOIDING THIS THREAD!
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7517 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:36 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

you guys, I still think Titus is a better lynch. SHE'S AVOIDING THIS THREAD!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7518 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:40 am

Post by geists »

VOTE: zmuffin

Nati and I talked about our gut reads last night and who we trust more in terms of building consensus. The upshot of that was an intent to vote SAD, but I'm not feeling it right now.

I'd feel perfectly awesome about changing the vote to Titus if necessary.
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7519 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Prophylaxis »

In post 7518, geists wrote:
VOTE: zmuffin

Nati and I talked about our gut reads last night and who we trust more in terms of building consensus. The upshot of that was an intent to vote SAD, but I'm not feeling it right now.

I'd feel perfectly awesome about changing the vote to Titus if necessary.

/barn this.

I've been reading the thread but I don't have the time to make a comprehensive post. I prefer a zMuffin lynch, but I won't feel bad changing it to Titus.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7520 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

I am feeling all kinds of paranoia atm
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7521 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:54 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Can someone sell me on Muffin? He was in my null maybe scum pile 'cause of POE but whats he doing that super scummy? Is what SAD posted about him the current case?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7522 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

VOTE: muffin
Show

We the purple Mafia II!