Mafia 51: No Use for a Title - Game over!

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Mafia 51: No Use for a Title - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2006 9:59 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Status update:
Game over
Roles:
End game

Welcome to a diminutive village who's name and location shall remain unknown for now. Surrounded by acres of forrest and positioned near a small river flowing from the mountains on the west to the sea on the east, take or leave a few degrees, it has always been a place where nothing much disturbing happens. With only twenty-six inhabitants, everyone knows each other quite well and noone, until very recently, seemed to keep any secrets from each other. Everyone gets along quite nicely, as one would suspect from absorbing the atmosphere of the village. On Main street, all the local shops and public houses are decorated with the same red and white striped screens on both sides of the windows. In their center rests a Fleur-de-Lis, which according to legend, sprang from the tears shed by Eve as she left the Garden of Eden. The same patterns emerge on the village shield, and have been for over 400 years. The shield itself can be admired on the keystone of the City Hall.

All good and well, but during the last couple of days, some alarming events have taken place in this normally so quiet village. First of all, six houses were burned to the ground just last night. Tragically, none of the inhabitants survived the fires. Of course, further investigation showed that it was lit by someone intentionally. Til this day, the villagers haven't the slightest idea who might have been responsible for these wicked matters. If this wasn't enough, rumor has it that one of the villagers is losing it. The only fact this gossip is based on, is the sounds some people have been hearing at night. It was described as the ravings of a madman. However, none have actually seen anyone wandering about. Finally, it seems to be without a doubt that certain members of the community have tried taking up the racket bussiness, mafia style. According to the received letters by some villagers, they're not happy one bit about the non-participation of the villagers in this matter and they have now treatened to start a killing spree.

It goes without saying that this village is not at all used to these kind of situations. Neither are they prepared for it in any way. Suffices to say they are not allowing themselves to be bullied around this way. Something needs to be done in this matter and it needs to be done right away. Last morning, the big oak on the Town's square, which has been standing there for at least as long as the village is old, has received a new attribute next to its branches with leaves green as the grass below it. Dangling from the firmest branch, a rope with a strap on one end imitates a gallow. It was agreed that every day one villager was to be brought forward and stand trial before the others until this madness comes to a stop.

Moderator:
Cadmium
Helper monkey:
mikeburnfire
Last edited by Cadmium on Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:28 am, edited 28 times in total.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2006 10:31 pm

Post by Cadmium »

The Roles:

Mafia (6):
The mafia consists of a Mafia Godfather, four Mafia Goons and a Mafia Traitor. The Mafia Godfather is immune to night kills and appears innocent to Cops. The Mafia Traitor tries to keep the Mafia from getting lynched by voting. He knows who the Mafia are, but the Mafia does not know who the Mafia Traitor is. At any time in the game, the Mafia can choose to recruit The Mafia Traitor. The Mafia Traitor appears innocent to Cops until he is recuited by the Mafia.

Psychopath & Psychiatrist:
The Psychopath goes out every night to kill someone. He appears innocent to Cops. The Psychiatrist works on the town's side and chooses one player each night. If that player is the Psychopath, the Psychopath is healed and both become a Townie. If the Psychopath dies, the Psychiatrist becomes like a Doctor.

Arsonist & Fireman:
The Arsonist goes out every night to set someone on fire. He appears innocent to Cops. The Fireman works on the town's side and may protect someone from the Arsonist every night. If the Arsonist dies, The Fireman's ability disappears.

Cops (4) & Deputy:
There are four cops, each with different sanities. They all go out every night to look for Mafia and will be told if a person is Mafia or not. However, the Insane Cop's result will always be reversed, the Naive Cop's result will always be innocent and the Paranoid Cop's result will always be guilty. None of the cops know their own sanity. Finally, there's the Deputy. He can choose, at any time during the game, to receive the results of a dead Cop's investigations.

Doctor & Nurse:
The Doctor may protect someone from any attack at night. The Doctor may not protect himself. The Nurse adopts the Doctor's ability as soon as the Doctor dies.

Masons (3):
There are three Mason members who are able to communicate with each other at night.

Cowardly Reporter:
The Cowardly Reporter can check a player's house to find out if they are home. Any player doing something during the night is not home. He may also hide in the newsroom to avoid being killed (but not on consecutive nights).

Vigilante:
The Vigilante may go out every night to kill someone.

Bodyguard:
The Bodyguard may protect someone at night. If an attempt is made to kill his target, the Bodyguard dies instead.

Townies (3):
There are three townies without any abilities.

Picking the Roles:

Out of these 26 roles, I will pick 20 roles at random. I'll place random numbers in one column on an Excell sheet and the roles in another, select both columns, sort them by the random numbers column and pick the top 20 roles. If, for instance, all the Mafia members are eliminated, I might hit the sort function again.

Siblings:

One of the Cops or the Deputy is Siblings with one of the Mafia members. They know one another's identity, but cannot communicate. In the event of one of them dying, the Sibling will commit suicide the following night. This mechanism indicates that there must be at least one Cop/Deputy and one Mafia member in the setup. After the roles are picked, I will randomly pick one role on each side.

Clarifications:

• If the Arsonist/Psychopath is not in the game, what will happen to the Fireman/Psychologist?

Like when the Arsonist/Psychopath dies, the Fireman will lose his ability and the Psychologist will become like a Doctor. However, in this case, they will not know for themselves. They send in their choice like they normally would, only it won't have any / will have a different effect.
  • What about the Nurse? What happens if there's no Doctor?

If there is no Doctor in the game, the nurse will immediately "take over" from the Doctor. She will be informed about this. Note that this does not necessarily indicate that there's no other Doctor in the game. If there is no psychopath in the game either, the Psychologist unknowingly is a Doctor as well.
  • If there are no cops in the game, what happens to the Deputy?

In this very unlikely situation, the Deputy will not know that there are no Cops around and plays the game as he normally would, waiting (not hoping) for a Cop to die.
  • If any of these "altered" roles dies, what will we be told in the death scene?

All roles will show up as they are, just the name of the role will be revealed.
  • Will we know when one of the Siblings has died?

Yes, next to the role name, it will also be known that the role was one of the Siblings.
  • If there is no Mafia Traitor in the game, will the Mafia know?

No, the Mafia will not be aware of this fact, until they they to recruit him that is.
The Rules:

• Nights will last around 72 hours or so. A deadline will be posted at the beginning of every night. If all choices are in early, I will still wait for the deadline to pass, unless the Masons send in a message that they're done communicating. If the Mafia wants the night to last, they should hold their choice.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. If you do not submit a choice, I will make a choice for you. If it happens a second time, no choice will be made.
  • Days will last as long as they need to. If discussion lags, I will impose a deadline (in which case half a majority results into a successful lynch, but only with more than 6 players alive). If discussion picks up, the deadline can be rescinded upon popular demand.
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Please be attentive and unvote, before casting a new vote. I’d appreciate it.
  • Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
  • You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • No mass claim will be allowed until there are 10 or less players alive. You can claim if you are under pressure of a lynch, or to counterclaim, or to reveal useful information. But any attempt to mass claim early on in the game may result into several mod-kills.
  • Players lurking too much will be prodded. Don't hesitate to ask me to prod someone if you think that person should be more active (on a sensible base). If a player is prodded twice without showing up, they'll be replaced right away and won't be allowed in any future games I might mod.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role description specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
  • Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave the other players hanging.
  • I should post a vote count, ever so often, maybe every page or every alternate one. Please feel free to request one should you deem it has been too long since the last one (and I don't mean when the last vote count is only two or three votes off, please show at least some initiative).
  • If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, and with the best explanation that I can. You can also pm me if you want to tell someone about your day, or you thought something another player wrote was funny, or just to say hi.
  • I'm always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake rolewise, please tell me by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in the thread, I might have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.
  • Most importantly...this is a game and we're here to have fun. Do your part.
Last edited by Cadmium on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2006 11:19 pm

Post by Max »

CONFIRM

hiya everyone first post
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2006 11:20 pm

Post by Cadmium »

All roles have been sent. Please confirm in this thread and send in a night choice if necessary.

It is night 1, deadline:
Monday the 5th - 1800 CET
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2006 11:23 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

/confirm
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I shall confirm here, good luck in the game everyone :D
The end justifies the means.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2006 11:37 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

/confirm
You used to be alright
What happened?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:13 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

*snores*
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:21 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

/confirm
#greenshirtthursdays
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:10 am

Post by ubertimmy »

/confirm!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:14 am

Post by vikingfan »

/confirm
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:25 am

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

/confirm
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:54 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

less /confirm than you
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:13 am

Post by Twomz »

/confirm... but i'll wait til day actually starts to make my "important announcement".
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:33 am

Twomz wrote:/confirm... but i'll wait til day actually starts to make my "important announcement".
Please don't tell me you are claiming vanilla townie again :P
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:36 am

Post by Cadmium »

No "discussing" the game. It is still night.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:42 am

oh sorry :oops:
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:15 am

Post by Fritzler »

confirm
Surfs up dude.
Rosco1991
Rosco1991
Townie
Rosco1991
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:40 am

Post by Rosco1991 »

TEH confirm-ed.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:40 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

/confirm
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:43 am

Post by Glork »

/CONFIRM, COMRADE!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:24 am

Post by the silent speaker »

confirmz0rz.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:27 am

Post by Coron »

coronfirm
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by Fuldu »

/confirm
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:23 pm

Post by viper0933 »

/confirm

Sorry I was gone yesterday, I was sick. :oops: :(
For a Harry Potter RPG, go to http://www.rorrpg.com/referral.php?r=Checkpoint , and help me get points by getting to level 10!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”