Micro 297-[s]You Picky Bastards[/s] Flavor Gone - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Micro 297-[s]You Picky Bastards[/s] Flavor Gone - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 am

Post by saulres »

PM sent to players just nowOkay, guys, it's time to play Pick -- Those --
Noses
Bastard Things!

Please PM to me, within 36 hours from this message, at least 3 but up to as many as you want Bastard elements you'd like to see in this game. I will then build the game around
REDACTED
of them and randomize roles and alignments. No bastardness will start until the game begins when 8 of 9 have confirmed and that is announced in thread so ask your questions now if you want to guarantee honest answers!

Here are some resources:

Here is the wiki page on bastardness. It's a good source for ideas and thoughts of what makes something bastard.

Here all the threads with "bastard" in the title).

Here and here are the Meme Mafia games which were bastard but didn't use the work "bastard" in the title.

Rules

Spoiler: General Rules
  1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them and then do not break them. Some of them are so important they're listed here as well, because redundancy is your friend.
  2. The site-wide rules apply. Read them and then do not break them. Some of them are so important they're listed here as well, because redundancy is your friend.
  3. Play to win. Most players want to win legitimately, don't ruin their enjoyment by playing against your wincon.
  4. If you have the ability to edit or delete your posts in this thread, don't do it.
  5. Do not quote anywhere any PMs between you and me (including role PMs), or anything else that originated outside of the game thread. This includes PM timestamps and anything else which games the system. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
  6. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or anything like that.
  7. Do not impersonate or pretend to be the moderator. Blue is my color, don't use it or anything close to it.
  8. Unless the moderator has specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread or QTs I provide you until I have announced that the game is over.
  9. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
  10. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
  11. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule. It's up to my discretion whether I think you pretended to break or rule or not, so if you're not sure, ask first.
  12. We're all here to have fun. Tempers may flare, but avoid personal attacks and keep it civil. I will have very little tolerance if someone complains about the way you're talking to them.
  13. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day.
  14. I reserve the right to change the rules. Rule changes will be updated here as well as posted in thread.
  15. If you are dead, that is it. Do not post. Not even a "Bah" post.

16. If I happen to not be online but you know the game is over (for example, if scum get a quicklynch in during LyLo), please let me post the final scene before revealing the ending or otherwise discussing the game.

Spoiler: Voting Rules
  1. Votes must be bolded, and in the format of
    VOTE: Player
    , using either the bold or the vote tags. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. IMPORTANT: If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote, even if it doesn't follow these rules exactly!
  2. Unvoting is nice, but is not necessary.
  3. You may vote to No Lynch, that requires the same number of votes as a lynch vote. Or you could just let the day run out, but that's really boring and will make me sad.
  4. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched.
  5. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.

Spoiler: Activity Rules. Read these, I'm anal about them. :!: :!: :!:
  1. If a player/slot goes 48 real life hours without posting, I will prod them. Prods will be announced in thread. If I have to prod you again on the same game day, or a third time overall, I will prod you after only 24 hours.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod within 24 real life hours, I will seek a replacement. If the player comes back before a replacement is found I may allow them to continue.
  3. If I need a replacement, I may extend the day/night deadline until one is found and can be given time to catch up (usually 24 hours). Other extensions will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
  4. If you will be V/LA, PM me, post in
    this
    thread, or use the UCP V/LA tab. Otherwise I'll probably prod and possibly replace you. This is a change from my previous rulesets.

5. See Deadline Rule 3 for additional information

Spoiler: Deadlines. Read these too :!: :!: :!:
  1. Day one will have a deadline of
    twenty-one
    real life days. Subsequent days will have a deadline of
    fourteen
    real life days. Nights will be 48 hours.
  2. In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, a No Lynch occurs.

3. Weekends will
    not
    count half-time. For example, if night comes at 9pm Friday, it will end at 9pm Sunday.

IF YOUR ROLE PM SAYS SOMETHING WHICH CONFLICTS WITH THESE RULES, YOUR ROLE PM TAKES PRECEDENCE.

GAME-SPECIFIC RULES

This is a bastard game, with the bastard elements to be chosen by the players. They will provide me with a list of at least 3 but preferably more bastard elements, and I will use some, all, or none of any given player's submissions. Players may or may not get roles they suggested. Roles and alignments will be randomized after I build the game, but
no bastard elements will be in play until 8 of 9 have confirmed
Edits to the rules which come during the game, will be made in
GREEN
to differentiate them from the rules in play at the beginning of the game.

Players
(*=prod)
Guyett
Nobody Special**
Jake from State Farm
XScorpion
shos
Bertkerberos (hydra of Bert and Nachomamma8)
BipolarChemist
repl.DisCode*

Putin on a Cracker*** (hydra of serrapaladin and EspeciallyTheLies)
Minami no Hana** (hydra of Sakura Hana and GIF)

Spoiler: Alive
Nobody Special
XScorpion
shos
Minami no Hana

Spoiler: Dead
BipolarChemist
repl. DisCode
- JESTER, lynched D1
Guyett, Town, killed N1
Bertkerberos, Town, failed to follow a post restriction D2
Jake from State Farm, Town, killed N2
brought back D3
Putin on a Cracker, lynched D3
Jake from State Farm , Town, killed again N3

Last edited by saulres on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:29 am, edited 28 times in total.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:06 am

Post by saulres »

Okay, sorry, no. I will not make everyone include this video in every one of their posts.

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:59 am

Post by saulres »

All picks are in!

I'll now build the game. My goal is to keep it playable, but with what you guys have given me...

I aim to have role PMs sent out sometime Sunday.

I've also just found out I'm not going to have much availability Monday through Wednesday :( I wanted to say that before bastardness kicks in.

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:33 am

Post by saulres »

In post 0, saulres wrote:No bastardness will start until the game begins when 8 of 9 have confirmed and that is announced in thread
In retrospect, I may have worded that badly and/or prematurely.

Bastardness starts NOW!

:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by saulres »

Two things:

1) The writing is coming along nicely.

2) For this game, the part of serrapaladin will be played by Putin on a Cracker

That is all.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by saulres »

:(

Two of my awesome roles were [REDACTED] and I have to rewrite. I'm still aiming for tomorrow though but it'll be later than expected.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by saulres »

Role PMs written and assigned. Going out now. If you're part of a hydra, the role PMs as well as all game information will be sent to the hydra as well as to the individual players.

Game will begin when 8 of 9 have confirmed (via PM), or as soon thereafter as I can. Keep in mind my availability is extremely limited over the next few days :(
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 am

Post by saulres »

It was a cold, dark day in Mafiatown when Mayor Bastard called a town meeting. Everyone in town came: Mayor Bastard, Mrs. Bastard, all the little Bastards, Guyett, Nobody Special, Jake from State Farm, XScorpion, shos, Bertkerberos, DisCode, Putin on a Cracker, Minami no Hana, anybody who might replace them, saulres, Joe and Jack from the gas station, Stephen Hawking, Stephen King, the U.S. Bobsled Team, callforjudgement, and everyone else who lives, lived, or will ever live in Scumtown.

Then quadz08 stood up and said, "I'm sorry, if you're not playing this game, you have to leave." And so everyone left except the people in the OP and saulres, who argued that he had to stay because without him there'd be no game, and the Bastard family because flavor. Quadz said, "Meh, whatever" and left with the others. And that was that.

Mayor Bastard, looking rather distressed at who was left behind -- wait, that didn't come out right.

Mayor Bastard, looking rather distressed that so many people left, addressed those of you who remained. "Fellow townspeople, I am here today to share some embarrassing news with you."

He looks down for a moment as the tense shifts, then back up. "My name is Mayor Bastard, and I am a Mafia addict."

Gasps of shock come from all the little Bastards. Mrs. Bastard looks on knowingly. You all respond in whatever way you wish to respond, or are compelled to respond because of a post restriction.

He goes on. "I have found a support group on Mafiascum.co-- dot net," (he looks sheepishly at Mrs. Bastard) " and their best advice was to get it out of my system. Therefore, we will be playing Mafia in Mafiatown!"

Who'd have thought it?

Ignoring my interruption, Mayor Bastard continues. "You all have cards under your seats, telling you what your part in this therapy will be. Take them off in private ((c) J. Geils), read them, and do what they say to try to win. I will watch and judge, and hopefully that will help me break this evil curse."

"Oh, and when elections come up again, remember -- a vote for a Bastard is a vote you can count on!"

Vote Count 1.0Not voting: Guyett, Nobody Special, Jake from State Farm, XScorpion, shos, Bertkerberos, DisCode, Putin on a Cracker, Minami no Hana

Deadline in (expired on 2014-03-03 08:12:51)

On permanent
V/LA
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:16 am

Post by Guyett »

VOTE: Saulres
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:22 am

Post by shos »

In post 3, saulres wrote:
In post 0, saulres wrote:No bastardness will start until the game begins when 8 of 9 have confirmed and that is announced in thread
In retrospect, I may have worded that badly and/or prematurely.

Bastardness starts NOW!

:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

In post 4, saulres wrote:
Two things:

1) The writing is coming along nicely.

2) For this game, the part of serrapaladin will be played by Putin on a Cracker

That is all.
that serra post is after bastardness started.
VOTE: putin
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 am

Post by DisCode »

In post 8, Guyett wrote:VOTE: Saulres
VOTE: saultes
anyone who doesn't deserves a vote.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Guyett »

Is Putin on a Cracker a hydra? if so why aren't they advertised as a hydra
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:03 am

Post by XScorpion »

VOTE: No lynch
VOTE: guyett
VOTE: shos
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:13 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

vote: NS

Policy lynch
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:50 am

Post by shos »

Omg this playerlist <3

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Minami no Hana
Minami no Hana
Goon
Minami no Hana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Minami no Hana »

In post 13, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote: NS

Policy lynch
With 21 days D1, he's probably gonna be replaced before we can PL him :P

VOTE: saulres
Hydra of Ms. Hana and Mr. Minami.
Let the flower spread.
Minami no Hana
Minami no Hana
Goon
Minami no Hana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:34 am

Post by Minami no Hana »

Oh also I think saulres wanted to sign our posts or something.

That was GIF (and so is this post).
Hydra of Ms. Hana and Mr. Minami.
Let the flower spread.
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 am

Post by DisCode »

unvote; vote Shos
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:43 am

Post by shos »

HA!
lol

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Guyett »

Anyone want to claim any post restrictions?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:58 am

Post by shos »

Hey, let's say what bastardly elements we pmed to the mod!

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 am

Post by shos »

In post 0, saulres wrote:Do not quote anywhere any PMs between you and me (including role PMs), or anything else that originated outside of the game thread. This includes PM timestamps and anything else which games the system. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
Hey mod!! Are we allowed to say which bastard elements we sent you?

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:29 am

Post by XScorpion »

VOTE: Guyett
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 12, XScorpion wrote:VOTE: No lynch
VOTE: guyett
VOTE: shos
Xscorp can you only post votes?
If so repeat your last vote
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:42 am

Post by XScorpion »

VOTE: Guyett

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”