Wildstar

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

those are accurate adjectives

be sure your computer can handle it because it has been taking dumps all over powerful graphics cards
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm figuring out the Esper. Level 14 and the flow. Oh I can feel the flow.

Edit: I still tend to overpull and die crying to myself.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

early name reservation for character + guild is tomorrow at 11AM PDT

so... what would a potential MS guild be called if we could call it ANYTHING in the world? :)
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh my dear god.
OH MY GOD.

now THAT is what a motherfucking raid should be.
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Oman »

In post 72, xRECKONERx wrote:
what fucking class am i going to play

Esper
: I've always enjoyed mages in games and Esper is about as magey as it gets. I like that aspect of it but I also don't know how much enjoyment I'd get out of the whole "build build build finisher" system. Possibility.

Engineer
: Okay, I leveled this asshole all the way up to 25-30 because I knew I wouldn't play Engi in the main game. Now that I've experienced it though all I want to do is play Engi but I don't want to level one all over again D:

Warrior
: Very fun class but I've never done well with melee roles simply because I tend to lose track of my character in the "Ooooh, shiny!" aspect of it all.

Stalker
: Haven't played, but see Warrior.

Medic
: I apparently need to give Medic another shot because it's apparently very awesome but my limited experience with it left me feeling rather "meh". I did not like the "weak" feedback/feel of the primary weapon (oooh, I'm going to scan you! Watch out!)

Spellslinger
: I personally cannot STAND the SS resource management and the fact that their innate ability is a heavy, key part of their rotation/cooldowns. I think I'll pass on this one for now.

So right now I think I'm leaning Esper > Engineer = Medic > Warrior > Stalker > Spellslinger.
what fucking class am i going to play
(after trying them all to level 10)

Esper
- I've never played a mage class (though I started leveling one in WoW) cause I've always preferred the flexibility to fill tank/heal spots in groups. I think the esper will change my mind and get me to play it. I love the AoE, I love their Psi Points resource system. I love the way TS AoE skillshot finisher sticks to the target and carries the deeps around. It's a blast of a class.

Engineer
- This class was a lot more fun then I thought it'd be. The pets feel fairly active, though because of the way they cast, they're hard to start a fight with (sometimes won't find a target). Biggest thing in this class' favour is how powerful but uncontrolled the gun feels. Oh man does it feel like you're pushing shotgun shells downrange. Rawr.

Stalker
- Eh. Never really my kind of class. I actually find it a little difficult to be super mobile while clicking keys like this game requires. I really want to play more because stalker tank looks really fucking cool. Their support/utility tanks will have some AWESOME tricks up their sleeves, which I'm really interested to see. But overall they'll be the sluts of PvP. We all know it. I will probably be tanking with something else, and I don't like their DPS style as much as others, so I doubt I'll roll one. Edit: I didn't do it enough justice when I wrote this the first time. False retreat is FUN. Mobility spells are FUN on this class.

Warrior
- Reck, you're entirely right. Warriors feel fantastic! Bulky, strong. The sword designs look really impressive and even level 2 swords were really beautiful, and destructive looking. I definitely want to roll one up, and TBH I'm really very excited about the aesthetic of 2h tanking again. I love the "barbarian" feel tanking a boss with this big greatsword instead of having to use a 1h+shield.

Medic
- I disagree almost entirely about the feedback. At least my little Chua had a really good feel and I think it's all about the sparkley electrics through the telegraph. I didn't mind the feel of the class at all, except that they felt weak. Their damage is much lower through the levels that I played. Look, they might be the best healers in the world, but they feel like leveling a priest in WoW, just slower than others. Their resource system is okay, burst focused, I guess, and it seems to favour going fight to fight, rather than gathering up hordes and slaying them with AoE (which I really enjoyed on my Esper). Not for me.

Spellslinger
- Okay, not a bad class at all, but I find the resource system being used by the innate to be a little weird. I feel like they're such as deviation in playstyle from all the others which is so cool. However, I feel like it's something that I have to manage all the time, because it's such a big part of the character's burst. Does feel incredibly mobile and a lot of fun. I think these guys will be one of the most popular classes in the game.

Esper and Warrior mains, in all probability. But I'll probably level the stalker to try to convince myself otherwise.

EDIT2: Aurin bore me, I'm disappointed by the design of the Granok female, and the Chua are a lot more fun and adorable and awesome than I thought they'd be. If I could make one a warrior, I so would.
Last edited by Oman on Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Basically my thoughts on everyone. I was leaning towards Esper.

Also, it looks like from that Strawpoll, Dominion is the preferred faction, so I'll be rolling Dominion. Trying to decide between a PvP and PvE server... I've never been huge on PvP in MMOs but Gamma seemed to want to do it and I don't care enough to say no, lol

I'll probably have two main toons... one to level in my free time, one to level with Grimm when he's home and we're playing together. Will likely depend on what he chooses but I'm thinking I'll probably wind up with two of {Esper, Engineer, Medic}.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Gamma's playing Medic I think
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I just wanna have enough variety so that if five scummers wanna run a dungeon we're not like 3 espers, 2 medics, and no tanks. I'll gladly fill in whatever we need though I prefer not to tank since I'm shiiiiiiit at it (though ranged Engi tank looks cool).
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Oman »

Watching the medic livestream now (though...not live, I guess) and the gameplay looks really fun. Maybe this is one of those "hits its stride at level X" classes.

Regarding server and the like, I'll probably stay with an oceanic. sorry guys but it's not viable for me to be on an almost empty server 80% of my playtimes just so I can do a few runs with you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Is there an oceanic server? Because last I heard there wasn't.
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Oman »

There are NA servers tagged as Oceanic. It'll be a community migration thing, but the server will still be remote.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Reserved the guildname "Scum and Villainy" in case we wanna put together a guild

Reserved character name Tektonix because I want to be a Mechari something. Probably Engineer. I already miss my Engi :(
green shirt thursdays
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

see i like the exiles... but i mean shit yall aren't giving me much choice.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Healing Class Comparison:
ClassRangeTargetingSustained HealingBurst HealingFocus MgmtDispellingInterrupt ArmorDefensive CDsCrowd ControlRating
Esper
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Medic
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌56
Spellslinger
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌68

Espers
are well-rounded but don't particularly excel at any part of the healer role. Their heals are easy to target and hit 5-10 people with at a time, but they're outclassed in heal strength and sustainability by both other healing classes. They're the all-around AFK healbot class in WildStar.

Medics
are essentially melee healers. Weird, right? But the range on their healing abilities is SHOCKINGLY low, resulting in even the slightest movement error from an ally being their death. On a positive note, though, those short AoE heals the medic can dish out are insanely powerful, each tick restoring a good amount of HP. Medics are perfect for raid healing and keeping the group high during sustained damage periods. Their dispels are insane (the Assault one purges 2 debuffs from 5 enemies in a cone and is only on an 8sec cooldown; Antidote, after putting tier points into it, is effectively a FREE [read: no cost] mass dispel for up to 5 allies that can remove 4 debuffs). Medics can give interrupt armor to up to five teammates every twenty seconds, which is the lowest cooldown IA buff by far. Play these guys if you want a challenge but a big reward.

Spellslingers
are basically long range sniper healers. A bit odd, sure, but the reward for landing your pin-like narrow heals is that they heal for a SHITLOAD. These are your burst healers who make clutch plays by saving a tank from death from all the way across the room right before that last poison tick goes off. Focus is easy to keep up since SS abilities restore way more focus than Medics/Espers do, and their abilities are all on a rather short cooldown, which means you can spam your healsnipes while never running out of focus.
green shirt thursdays
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

what im gathering from all of that is that not many people will be using medic at first.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

also it seems to me that support espers help out more in ccing than anything.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Oman »

In post 89, Kcdaspot wrote:what im gathering from all of that is that not many people will be using medic at first.
Nope. Add in their sub-par dps and less effective soloing, and I very much doubt it. That said, just a few tweaks and we'll see that change. They seem to have some great strengths.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I actually think medics are the strongest class for raiding/dungeons, but also take the highest skill. Sustained healing is a very important (and probably the most important) aspect to healing in groups, more so than burst heals or crowd control (and, to be honest, all classes HAVE cc which is the only thing that matters). The only real downside to medics is that you have to be good at the role to do well, but I believe a great Medic will be more effective than a great Esper or SS.
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I'm pretty certain spellslinger takes the highest skill in terms of healing. So much of the medic's power is in auras. Although I REALLY like that they have different forms of difficulty

Medic
- Positioning. With so many short range heals, the medic requires good awareness to not get deep fried by various abilities. Easy stuff? Focus management (default heal costs 0 focus once you drop low, goodbye "mana problems").

Spellslinger
- Target management. While medics have AOE heals, Spellslingers have to aim. Goes double for long range skillshot heals (especially in movement heavy fights). Easy? Their positioning is much easier, since they have ultra-long range, and they can Gather Focus if they ever fuck up and run out (although that's a bit of a risky ability).

Esper
- Focus. Management. Most of their healing comes from their finishers, and their finishers are all focus intensive. That means they're prone to running out of focus at terrible times. They get exactly one "oh shit" button for more focus, then they're SOL.

TLDR: Different challenges, different focuses, good balance.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah that matches up with the chart I posted
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Basically yeah I could see a case for SS taking highest skill with the aiming but they're so long range they can set up away from the danger to do it. I think the positioning on the medic may be a tad more difficult but they're both hard
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I dunno, I think the chart undersells Medic's focus management. I mean Emission costs 0 Focus if you're under 250. Zero. That's a pretty nice buffer on "I messed up with focus."
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah but Emission isn't exactly a stellar heal, it's the spammable one that you should be spamming anyway. Being able to spam your spammable spell isn't exactly OH WOW SUCH FOCUS
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

It does give you a great fallback though. I mean the other two healers, you run out of Focus, you're like "well, derp", and either press a button and stand still for 5 seconds, or try and use this weird gemming system to get some back. Medic, you can just be like "oh okay, w/e" and keep healing while your focus regens (healing while focus regens) and they do have a focus restore cooldown anyway.

And Emission is a damn good bread & butter heal.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »