Mini 1563 - Vampire: The Masquerade Mafia (Fourth Evening)

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Mini 1563 - Vampire: The Masquerade Mafia (Fourth Evening)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

Layout

General rules - nonspecific to game
Game specific rules - rules that affect this game
Living players list, link to day history.
Opening Flavor

Rules of the Game - Basic

With credit to Nacho, Vi, Neruz, and more (yep, I’m a shameless thief)

Administrative Rules

0: I will moderate this game fairly, but I have final authority.

1:
You may not discuss the game outside the thread. Doing so will result in a mod kill or replacement of all involved and a very unhappy moderator. In the same vein you may not quote any private communication from me or other players including PMs and quicktopic. Finally, you may not post the links to any quicktopics while the game is ongoing.
2:
If you need my attention please PM me or post in bold in the thread. Please notify me of any errors you believe have taken place immediately. The faster I notice what I did wrong, the easier it is to correct.
3:
Modkills will result in the mod-killed player immediately losing the game. I will also then take whatever action is deemed most detrimental (that is, worst) for the faction involved in the modkill. Modkill will never have a positive outcome for your faction.
4:
In the event of Moderator error, the situation will be resolved as fairly as possible to all parties.

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded (using b or /vote tags) and at the start of the line in the form Vote: Player.
Votes that are not made in this manner will be counted or not counted at the moderator's sole whim. Unvotes are not required to change your vote.
2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted.
3. Lynches require votes equal to the majority of the players (Number of living players/2, round up).
4. If there's no majority at deadline, no lynch will occur
5. If you are dead, you may post a single “bah” post that contains any combination of the letters “F” and “U” as well as appropriate Llama pictures.

Prods and Replacements:

Prods will be given if you do not post for 48 hours
If you are prodded, you have 48 hours to post in the thread before being replaced.
2a.
If it is announced you are replaced, you may not post. To keep your spot PM me on the first or second prod and you will have it
if a replacement has not been found.
If you are prodded 3 times and are currently being replaced, you are out of luck.
The second time you are prodded, you will be warned. The third time you are prodded, you will be replaced. The moderator may consider extenuating circumstances, at my SOLE discretion.
If you're V/LA, make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, you may find a temporary replacement. PM me to discuss this. V/LAs of a week or longer are strongly discouraged, and may be rejected at my sole discretion.
4a.
You will have 24 hours after return from V/LA to post before being prodded.
4b.
At my discretion, I may reject any V/LA requests from players I consider have utilized V/LA to the point where they are no longer active members of the game. You can generally determine if you fall into this category through common sense.
The moderator will attempt to perform activity checks at each vote count. If you note that I have missed a player, you may request a prod.
Night phase will be extended for replacements. Day phase may be extended for replacements, at the sole discretion of the moderator.

General Rules

Gold
is a mod color. You get all the other ones, be happy. I will simply warn gently for the use of Gold and edit the offending post, UNLESS it appears you have deliberately attempted to post in such a way that it appears to be from the moderator. That would make me unhappy.
If you have access, do not edit or delete your posts. Doing so will result in modkill, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Don't quote or 'closely paraphrase' any moderator communication
Do not use invisible text, small text, spoiler text, or any other method of disguising communication. Spoiler boxes are explicitly allowed for the purposes of increased readability,
but votes in them will not be counted.

I am human, I make mistakes. Show me them where you see them.
A basic level of civility is required. This is mafia, emotions run high, but ongoing harassment, insulting, and other issues that threaten the game will not be tolerated.
Links to material outside the game are not allowed, with the exception of static image macros. If you wish to link to a spreadsheet, etc., please turn it into an image macro using a static hosting site such as imgur.
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue May 20, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

Game Specific Mechanics and Rules

Mechanic 0: If any information in these mechanics is contradicted by your role PM, your role PM will take precedence under all circumstances.

Vitae

All vampires possess Vitae, that they consume to stay alive. At the start of each night, your available Vitae pool will decrease by 1. If this would reduce your Vitae to less than 0, you will enter torpor, removing you from the ranks of living players. (Example: Jesse has 1 Vitae left at the end of night 2. At the start of night 3, he will consume his last Vitae. If he doesn't get more before night 4, he will die at the start of night 4.).

Powers

Vampiric abilities consume Vitae. You may not spend Vitae you do not have. During the Day you may spend all of your vitae (if you have 2 vitae you may spend 2) but you will die immediately at the start of the night phase if you have 0 Vitae.

Lynch

Lynches will give vampires the opportunity to commit Diablarie. Due to the Prince's rules, each vampire must secretly nominate one person they want to have the opportunity to commit Diablarie. Whoever is chosen will receive all of the lynched player's Vitae.

Chosing the Diablarist

Each player, regardless of alignment, may PM the mod with the name of the person they wish to receive the vitae from the lynched player. This may be at any point during the day, or up to 24 hours after the lynch has occurred. After 24 hours, the lynched player will have their role and alignment revealed, and the player chosen will receive all vitae.

Other

You know that due to their deep blood connections, ghouls may communicate telepathically at any time. This is how they coordinate their daring attacks.

You know that this game is a theme game, and flavor is important (but probably not gamebreaking)
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

Our opening Coterie

Shadoweh
Lady Lambdadelta

displaced
ArcAngel9
Empking

Kagami
Aronis
d3x
Kthxbye
vonflare
SpyreX
mnemonicdevice
The Goodfather*

Squirrel Girl
MonkeyMan576
Katsuki*

Gracing us with their presence

Spoiler:
Shadoweh
displaced
SpyreX

Passed to Final Death

Spoiler:
MonkeyMan576
He was
Arnold, Gangrel, 11th Generation
, aligned with the
Vampires

Mnemonic Device - Three-Finger Joseph, Catiff, 14th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, lynched Evening 1
Squirrel Girl
who was
Molly the Misfit, Catiff, 15th Generation
and a Vampire burnt by the sun day 1
Kagami,
Ibtisam the Assassin, Assamite, 8th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, killed during the Second Day
Vonflare,
Abraham Dinter, Blood-Addicted Ghoul
Aligned with the
Ghouls
, burned from within, and died during the Second Day
D3X,
Arm, Tremere, 11th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, has fallen into Torpor during the Second Day
ArcAngel9,
Sandra, Parkour Expert, Toreador, 13th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, has fallen into Torpor during the Second Day
Kthxbye was Joanna, Street Thug, aligned with the Ghouls, Lynched Evening 3
Katsuki was Machiavelli the Great, Malkavian, 10th Generation, Aligned with the Vampires, killed during the third day.

Their wraith is an ashtray (Modkilled)

Spoiler:
Aronis, Sasha Vykos, Tzimisce, 6th Generation, Modkilled Evening 2 for quoting role PM
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Something is wrong. This isn’t where you went to sleep.

The thought flows through your veins like a lightning bolt, and you bolt upright, and discover the second thing wrong. You’re trapped in a metal box. A metal… coffin?

Don’t panic. Breathing isn’t necessary. You’re past that, right? Figure it out, figure it out. What’s this? A handle? Did someone make a coffin you can open from the inside?

“Welcome! Welcome, vampires. Well, most of you.”

Dark. Damp. Musty. Is that the smell of… death? Oh god, what is this place, a sewer? Who is talking?

“Each of you is new to my domain, existing in the corners. And that’s important. Because we are being hunted.”

What’s going on? Oh god, that voice, I know that voice…

“So I, your prince, have taken steps to remedy this! I could have killed you all, but I, your prince, am merciful.”

So what, he’s going to let us starve in a sewer? Some mercy.

“We are being hunted, hunted by our own ghouls! And pipsqueaks like you have let them infiltrate us. No class, no standards, no purpose, your meaningless little existences are so irrelevant even ghouls can infiltrate, even ghouls can pose a threat.”

A pause. He doesn’t need to catch his breath, he hasn't in 500 years, he doesn't even have the reflexes anymore. He’s just doing it for drama.

“So show me you’re worth something! Eliminate everything threatening down there, and you’ll have proved your worth.”

Growls? Are some of them desperate enough to do that? Oh god, am I one of the ones growling?

“Stop."

A command. I have to obey. Why obey him? He's insane. But it's so hard not to, I should just stop...

“But you’re going to do it all civilized, with your brains. The way I want you to. Or the flamethrowers in the wall are going to turn on and then, well… I imagine you can guess.”

What sort of idiots make a Malkavian Prince? Or maybe he made himself prince? Is that how it is? I saw that one woman challenge him, she started giggling and bleeding from her ears, and then he tore off her head. Maybe that’s how you become prince, you just kick ass until everyone’s tired of having their asses kicked, or dead? Like dead dead, not ‘drinking blood and acting snooty’ dead?

“Some information for those of you who can think. These ghouls survive by eating vampires, so they’re not going to go down easy. Well easy by
your
standards anyway. They may even have drank enough Vitae they have gained some vampire powers. They can do that you know, they gain power from our blood. Blood is life, and life is blood, after all.”

“Oh, those coffins? They’re probably pretty secure, but I imagine they’re not perfect. The ghouls will probably be able to pry them open, given time. So hurry hurry, children. Have fun, but don't take too long. The sun will be rising soon.”

The first evening begins. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-04-18 21:30:00).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

First bitches!

VOTE: d3x

If anything, he resembles a ghoul more than a vampire in real life so....must translate yes?

MOD: I'm going to be V/LA starting tomorrow through next Saturday (5-12 April).

Also, I enjoyed that flavor in the above post
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Katsuki »

fuck vampire flavor
VOTE: GI
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Kagami »

Alright, from my role PM and mod correspondence, which I see no harm in sharing:

- It's unclear (or was to me) from the rules, but the recipient of the diablerie is the person who is nommed the most (essentially, noms are votes) with ties broken randomly.

- I'm almost certainly the only member of my clan in this game.

- I can't receive the diablerie on a mislynch, so I generally shouldn't be nommed (if I win diablerie on a mislynch, the vitae is lost).

- There is a human player in the setup and/or a player who can gift human blood as a means of restoring vitae.

VOTE: Spyrex
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

VOTE: Aronis

So vampires vs ghouls, huh? Looks like interesting mechanics, gonna try and and familiarize myself with them
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 7, The Goodfather wrote:VOTE: Aronis

So vampires vs ghouls, huh? Looks like interesting mechanics, gonna try and and familiarize myself with them
Die, scum, die.

VOTE: The Goodfather

I'm town! Or whatever we are called.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Helloooooo!

Claim: Miller

Yeah, so there's that. Also, I'll admit I'm reading into it a little bit, but basically my role PM says I'll detect as a human. I'm guessing Ghouls will too, or maybe there's a True Faith hunter in the mix or something, who knows. But I figure when the town is vampires detecting as a human to detecting powers is pretty much being a Miller. If nothing else, anyone with a investigate power can just presume they'll get a human result on me and we can move on from there.

Vote: Spyrex

I'm sheeping Kagami because I'm pretty sure Ghouls would benefit from Diablerie, and therefore an open claim of 'don't nom me for Diablerie' is functionally weakening scum in two different ways if Kagami is scum. Therefore I think Kagami is pretty much confirmed town, and certainly confirmed enough to not be lynched today. I'd probably be willing to lynch either Goodfather or Aronis too simply because they didn't choose to assess that rather important post by Kagami and just slid along with RVS. Weak reads, but that's what I've got there.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 8, Aronis wrote:I'm town! Or whatever we are called.
What are we called?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Also, I'm trying to sound clever, so I suppose I should clarify that the above should read as; what are "we" called.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by d3x »

And away we go.

@Kthx- Who should die 1st?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So squirrel is town, kagami is town, Aronis has 1 shot to answer before ropes get summoned from the darkness and I want to pool some brainpower together because if we can find a way to exploit this power mechanic for juice AND more re-dead people its a win win.

Vote: Aronis
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by d3x »

@Spyrex- How much are you willing to MassClaim to figure it out?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Post by displaced »

In post 6, Kagami wrote:
- It's unclear (or was to me) from the rules, but the recipient of the diablerie is the person who is nommed the most (essentially, noms are votes) with ties broken randomly.
We could make our diablerie noms public, someone keep a count and agree that everyone nominate the player with the most diablerie votes. As long as it's adhered to we minimize ghoulscum influence on the diablerie action?

@Squirell got some flavour with that claim?

VOTE: Aronis

Onward!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:28 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 13, SpyreX wrote:So squirrel is town, kagami is town, Aronis has 1 shot to answer before ropes get summoned from the darkness and I want to pool some brainpower together because if we can find a way to exploit this power mechanic for juice AND more re-dead people its a win win.

Vote: Aronis
I have an idea. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooort of bad, but we can discuss it.

Basically, for those who can, claim a clan. These will likely help us determine who to give shit to. I can even claim first, if you'd like.

Also, publicly announcing diablerie is a fucking terrible idea. You might as well say "look at me, I've just gotten a ton of Vitae, don't kill me pls."
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 am

Post by Kagami »

My abilities are very much related to my clan, and while the most important one is not going to be guessed based on clan alone, it's similar enough to what would be guessed that I am unwilling to clan-claim.

Might be good to discuss nom-claiming tomorrow, but doing it now is a bad idea.

Anything that lets us determine who to give vitae in a role-based way also tells scum who to kill. Seems like a pretty bad idea.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: The Godfather
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:02 am

Post by vonflare »

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

RVSFTWBBQ

Also, hi... I don't know anyone in this game. :cry:
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 12, d3x wrote:And away we go.

@Kthx- Who should die 1st?
Kinda early to be asking this question don't ya think? But I think I see what you might be doing here so I'll go ahead and say Aronis for this:
In post 8, Aronis wrote:I'm town! Or whatever we are called.
Bothers me that he does not know what we are called? Either he has really bad reading comprehension skills as it's everywhere on this page that the "town" faction are called vampires and those trying to kill is during the day are ghouls ooooooorrrrr, it didn't cross his mind how obv this was as his role PM is different from mine.

Displaced could also die today based on his suggesting we let the ghouls know who to kill by voting publicly who get's diablerie.

Lastly I'd put you in the mix for the following:
Why did you not throw down an RVS vote on me? It is out of the norm for your recent town games when we are both in the game from the start for you to not RVS vote me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SpyreX wrote:So squirrel is town, kagami is town, ...
I'd add Lady Lamb to this mix for today at least in my opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------
@Empking and vonflare: Yes it's page one, yes you are entitled to your RVS vote. That said, why did you add NOTHING but your RVS to the mix? There is already enough discussion and imo, enough in some posts to cause suspicion. Why did you add nothing? Do you not want out of RVS? Why/why not?

What are your thoughts on Aronis's p8 and Displaced's suggestion of public voting of deablerie?

How do you feel about d3x NOT throwing down and RVS vote?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Kthxbye »

^last post before leaving for V/LA. Will try and phone post while gone, but no promises.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Empking »

Lynx: I'm sleeping him for a reason. I'd rather avoid talking emptily about mechanics; if someone has a cast iron reason for a plan, then im interested in hearing it, but not idle thinking.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 15, displaced wrote:@Squirell got some flavour with that claim?
I certainly do. Except that I also think it's pretty clear I am not full claiming. I am claiming an affect related to my role PM, that I am a Miller. It is important that I claim this out of the gate because it will help town focus itself more usefully with any human detecting powers. That was the reason for that part of my claim. However, I am unaware of myself being under suspicion, so I don't see the value in full claiming at this stage nor do I really understand why you want me to. Is there some advantage I'm overlooking? If it's helpful to town I could full claim, but I'm pretty sure that's not helpful right at this stage. Can you explain what I'm missing?
In post 20, Kthxbye wrote:Displaced could also die today based on his suggesting we let the ghouls know who to kill by voting publicly who get's diablerie.
[Squirrel Chop!]
I'd add Lady Lamb to this mix for today at least in my opinion.
Okay, so Displaced is scmmy for wanting open votes. Lady Lamda is townish for suggesting clan claim. Both of these acts appear to be along similar lines - exposing info which is of potential risk to let scum know for the benefit of town learning/coordinating something. Why is it a town tell for one of them and a scum tell for the other?

Unvote: Spyrex
Vote: Kthxbye

I could also lynch Aronis. I think Spyrex is...well, he easily could be scum but he at least looks town enough at this stage and, let's be honest, isn't going to be lynched Day 1 off a pressure wagon.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I will say the Thundercats logo makes me not want to lynch Kthnkbye. But I am able to overcome such hurdles with work, fear me, *rawr*!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”