Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 27, GreyICE wrote:
In post 25, Bicephalous Bob wrote:you're not getting a reaction
Coaching your scumbuddies already bob?
if you're town you really have to play better because you are looking really scummy right now

Vote Count 1.02

Lords of the Unreal (3) - Turkish Van, MafiaSSK, Lords of the Unreal
Twisted Advice (2) - Antihero, Hopkirk
GreyICE (2) - GreyICE, Kublai Khan
Bicephalous Bob (2) - jbomber732, Twisted Advice
Metal Sonic (1) - beastcharizard
Turkish Van (1) - notscience

Not Voting (7) - Katarina LeBlanc, Metal Sonic, PeregrineV, Bicephalous Bob, MonkeyMan576, Guzame, burn_209

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: Bob
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 am

don't bus on day 1

VOTE: twisted
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 45, Twisted Advice wrote:I can only pray that my insolent bird...
Oh, fuck.. You're going to
roleplay
on top of it all?
STOP. IT. ALL OF IT.

In post 45, Twisted Advice wrote:1) It shouldn't make the game into who is the hydra. It's not important. As my bird has so wisely stated to me, no one is forcing you to make this a distraction. This is all on you. In addition there is always the option for you to not try to play that game. We are a hydra of people with whom you haven't played. This is a hydra between the Royal Vizier and his bird. Those are the two player slots. Just imagine us as players you've never encountered. Problem solved.
2) There is no false flag. I am not hiding anything. Your argument works just as well with alts. Would you say that alts are cheating as well?
3) Perhaps, but there are other reasons that one would prefer to hide his or her meta. Perhaps one of us has been having troubles. Or one of us is trying to diverge from established meta. There is plenty of town motivation
1) And yet happened. So you're wrong because it is a distraction.
2) If an alt walks in and says "Hey, I'm alt of someone so famous that they need an alt!" then yes, it creates a false flag. Mafia is a game of honed gut instincts and strategic pattern detecting. If you're flaunting your dishonesty about your identity then you fuck with gut reads. And if you're doing this as town, then you should be banned from playing.
3) None of that has anything to do with
this current game
. So I don't give a flying fuck. Quit making
this game
harder by bringing all sorts of nonsense garbage into it. hence my request that you drop the dumb dumb dumb charade.

Also, why do you have GreyICE as likely town and Bicepherous Bob as scum? They are doing variations on the same shtick except that at least contains a grain of reasoning.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 47, Twisted Advice wrote:Are you reading the thread, Hopkirk? Iago voted Turkish Van because he did not like their 33. I disagreed, saying that I actually did like it, and he was fine moving the vote away from them. Plus Bob is a much better vote anyway.

~The Royal Vizier
Neither of you mentioned any reasoning for the initial vote. I’m asking the person who actually made the vote so “it was the other head” is not a valid excuse.

And saying “are you reading the thread” then trying to justify that by saying there’s stuff you’re talking about in the quick topic that you’re presenting as being part of the thread is stupid.

So I’m waiting from a response from the one of you who made a vote.

Greyice is there a justification for your vote there?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:14 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 40, notscience wrote:Hi Burn!

obvtown yourself for me and we can kick some ass

Hydra are two people playing under one slot.
No fake results this time around? lol
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:17 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Call me crazy, but Hopkirk it feels like you are busing Twisted. I know you aren't me but gosh do you remind me of a game where I basically came out of the gate busing my teammate.

Even if you aren't bussing I don't get the feeling that your posts are genuine in anyway.

VOTE: Hopkirk

I like Kublai, they make me laugh.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 44, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 43, notscience wrote:I don't see why metadodging as town is "not playing to wincon" but feel free to explain why.
Cons to anonymous hydra-ing as town:
1. The game of "Who is the hydra" distracts from "Who is the scum".
2. Hiding a secret that isn't "I'm scum" creates a false flag no matter how much they don't intend it.
3. Knowing a player's personality helps read them. Town would want other town to read them as town so time and energy isn't wasted.

Pros to anonymous hydra-ing as town:
1. Fucking with people for out-of-game reasons.

BTW - Don't reply for them notscience. Unless you're scum. If you're scum then by all means debate me on this topic and threadshit on the game. I barely tolerate hydras as it is (because I believe it's a form of cheating and goes against the spirit of the game), but anonymous hydras have absolutely no benefit. I really don't care about anyone else's opinion on the subject. I want Twisted Advice to stop playing a stupid non-mafia game inside a mafia game and reveal themselves so we can move forward. Withholding non-role based information as town is playing against win condition.
Oh I like this post....I like this post a lot. Everything in here incluing the punctuation screamed town. Its times like this where I wish we had a clapping smiley.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 53, Kublai Khan wrote:
roleplay
on top of it all?
STOP. IT. ALL OF IT.
Hey, this may come as news to you, but mafia is a game and its purpose is to have fun. Because of reasons, we feel that what we're doing will make the game more fun for both of us. If you can't handle it, fucking replace out.
In post 45, Twisted Advice wrote:1) It shouldn't make the game into who is the hydra. It's not important. As my bird has so wisely stated to me, no one is forcing you to make this a distraction. This is all on you. In addition there is always the option for you to not try to play that game. We are a hydra of people with whom you haven't played. This is a hydra between the Royal Vizier and his bird. Those are the two player slots. Just imagine us as players you've never encountered. Problem solved.
2) There is no false flag. I am not hiding anything. Your argument works just as well with alts. Would you say that alts are cheating as well?
3) Perhaps, but there are other reasons that one would prefer to hide his or her meta. Perhaps one of us has been having troubles. Or one of us is trying to diverge from established meta. There is plenty of town motivation
2) If an alt walks in and says "Hey, I'm alt of someone so famous that they need an alt!" then yes, it creates a false flag. Mafia is a game of honed gut instincts and strategic pattern detecting. If you're flaunting your dishonesty about your identity then you fuck with gut reads. And if you're doing this as town, then you should be banned from playing.
this current game
this game
harder by bringing all sorts of nonsense garbage into it. hence my request that you drop the dumb dumb dumb charade.

Also, why do you have GreyICE as likely town and Bicepherous Bob as scum? They are doing variations on the same shtick except that at least contains a grain of reasoning.[/quote]
1) Wow, one RVS post. Guess what, 95% of the noise regarding this issue is coming from you. The sooner you decide to just play mafia instead of bitching about something that doesn't matter, the better.
2) This is not what's going on here at all. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter. Sit down, shut up and play mafia.
3) The only one making this game harder is you.
In post 54, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 47, Twisted Advice wrote:Are you reading the thread, Hopkirk? Iago voted Turkish Van because he did not like their 33. I disagreed, saying that I actually did like it, and he was fine moving the vote away from them. Plus Bob is a much better vote anyway.

~The Royal Vizier
Neither of you mentioned any reasoning for the initial vote. I’m asking the person who actually made the vote so “it was the other head” is not a valid excuse.

And saying “are you reading the thread” then trying to justify that by saying there’s stuff you’re talking about in the quick topic that you’re presenting as being part of the thread is stupid.

I voted because I didn't like the first quote stripe in 33. I also wanted to see how they'd reply to the naked vote. It wasn't anything incredibly substantial, but it was slightly better than my RVS vote. Jafar has stronger feelings about Bob than I curently do about anyone, and as such our vote has landed there.

Also, I think burn and (unfortunately) KK are town. Basically I agree with the post above this one.

Iago
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

Fixed tags:
roleplay
on top of it all?
STOP. IT. ALL OF IT.
Hey, this may come as news to you, but mafia is a game and its purpose is to have fun. Because of reasons, we feel that what we're doing will make the game more fun for both of us. If you can't handle it, fucking replace out.
this current game
this game

Also, why do you have GreyICE as likely town and Bicepherous Bob as scum? They are doing variations on the same shtick except that at least contains a grain of reasoning.
1) Wow, one RVS post. Guess what, 95% of the noise regarding this issue is coming from you. The sooner you decide to just play mafia instead of bitching about something that doesn't matter, the better.
2) This is not what's going on here at all. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter. Sit down, shut up and play mafia.
3) The only one making this game harder is you.
In post 54, Hopkirk wrote:

~The Royal Vizier

I voted because I didn't like the first quote stripe in 33. I also wanted to see how they'd reply to the naked vote. It wasn't anything incredibly substantial, but it was slightly better than my RVS vote. Jafar has stronger feelings about Bob than I curently do about anyone, and as such our vote has landed there.

Also, I think burn and (unfortunately) KK are town. Basically I agree with the post above this one.

Iago
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

Kublai Khan I will post and speaking in whatever way I prefer. If you perceive it as role playing, that is your prerogative, but there is no reason for you to tell me to stop it.

1) We cannot be faulted because Antihero wanted to guess our identities. It is irrelevant. Post 22 was not our fault. If anyone could be considered a distraction there, it would be Antihero. Anyway as I have already stated, this is a hydra between The Royal Vizier and Iago. There. You have identities.
2) As for your second point, we did not come in saying we were a famous alt. we came is saying we were a hydra. That is all. We haven't created any false flags. All the false flags are coming from you.
3) You are the one making the game harder. We are just trying to play. Stop pushing us just because you're unhappy that we're anonymous. Or do you have reason to suspect that we are scum because of it?

As I have already said, I found Bob's posts to feel more fake and more an attempt to appear lighthearted about RVS. I like GreyICE for town at the moment because of his suspicions on Bob.

Hopkirk, my point asking if you read the thread was because, if you did, you would realize that your vote is off. You voted me for voting someone and then immediately changing it. Iago had already said that he had been the only one posting before and so that vote was his. I came in my post saying I disagreed and I unvoted. This all happened in thread and yet you voted me regardless. Why?

And, yes, Kublai Khan is obvious town, everyone. Good deductions.

~The Royal Vizier
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 56, beastcharizard wrote:Call me crazy, but Hopkirk it feels like you are busing Twisted. I know you aren't me but gosh do you remind me of a game where I basically came out of the gate busing my teammate.

Even if you aren't bussing I don't get the feeling that your posts are genuine in anyway.

VOTE: Hopkirk

I like Kublai, they make me laugh.
This post is full retard

Never go full retard

That's Metal Sonic's job
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

(also we should note that KKK is ranting about alignment-nonindicative things, like 'bad reasons for voting', 'how terrible it is when people roleplay' and 'secret hydras are so terrible'. These have nothing to do with anyone's alignment in game, and are a general distraction from mafia. I am sure he feels passionately about him, but like KKK himself, these are utterly irrelevant)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:09 am

In post 60, Twisted Advice wrote:As I have already said, I found Bob's posts to feel more fake and more an attempt to appear lighthearted about RVS. I like GreyICE for town at the moment because of his suspicions on Bob.
You read greyICE as town not because of his aggressive tone and his attempt to get people to react to his jester claim, but because he placed a naked vote on me?
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

Aggressive tone, while something I generally like, is a GreyICE tell.

Iago
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

Here I'll give you a failproof way of reading me.

1) Is it day 4+?
2) Do the scum have a night kill?
3) Are there no 'confirmed town' players (like masons) who need to be shot alive when a night kill was made?
4) Is GreyICE alive?

If the answer to all of the above is yes, then scum. This so far has failed like twice.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

See, that? That is town as fuck.

Iago
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 am

yeah so why was his naked vote the reason you read greyice as town
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

You'll have to wait for Jafar for that one. Presumably it had a lot to do with agreeing with the vote.

Iago
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

We can figure out if Grey is the Jester later. Mafia come first.

Vote: MafiaSSK

For not providing a reason for his RVS vote:P.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:57 am

monkey is town for not reading the setup

VOTE: antihero
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:00 am

this is going to be an easy game dudes
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:03 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

You're right.

A) I am town
B) I didn't read the setup, and corrected my mistake.

So it seems Grey is claiming Jester without a Jester as a role? :neutral:
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I also agree with burn, it sounds town. But I don’t really think that was indicative of alignment. That kind of stuff seems to be something that he has a long standing dislike of so he does believe what he’s saying which nullifies the point that it looks town motivated- it looks genuine because it is genuine but it’s about something which scum or town can easily look genuine in saying.

Beast why? This would mean you view us both as scum so got a case on each of us?

@60 twisted: Because of the vote on someone then the statement in your next post that the person was town with nothing changing.
If one of you thinks he’s town and the other says scum then the presentation that your slot views him as town is out of place.

@66: Could you explain? Is this due to a meta read on ice?

pedit: Holy cow
VOTE: Monkeyman
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 71, Bicephalous Bob wrote:this is going to be an easy game dudes
indeed

VOTE: bob
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”