Vanilla Townie
Justin Playfair
Pim
Mafia Rolecop
zMuffinMan
Burning_Earth
mlearn2
Mafia Jack-of-all-Trades
Remember to invite people to the Dead Private Topic when updating this.

RULES
  1. Sitewide rules and guidelines apply.
  2. Do not quote or link to anything cannot be freely accessed everybody else reading the thread. This includes all private communication with the mod and quicktopics.
  3. Discussion about this game is only allowed to happen within this thread unless especially told otherwise via your role pm.
  4. Do not use excessive formatting in your posts; this includes tags and other items which will affect readability of the game. Spoiler= tags are allowed however plain Spoiler tags are not.
  5. Once revealed as dead, you are not allowed to post in thread, this includes any “Bah!” posts, until endgame where I have declared the winner.
  6. Prods will be issued to those not posting in the thread for 48 hours, without declaring
    V/LA either bolded in thread, via pm to the mod or using V/LA tags.
    1. If you fail to respond to a prod within 24 hours after it was sent out, you will be replaced.
    2. If you are prodded more than once within a day phase, your prod respond time before I start seeking replacement will be reduced by 6 hours for each prod after the first one. This will carry over into future days.
    3. A third prod at any stage will mean you will be prodded at 36 hours without a post.

7. If I have posted that a replacement is being sought for your slot, and you have arrived late after a prod or changed your mind after requesting replacement, you will be required to follow it through as per any other possible replacement. I will not hold the spot open for you if I do get an offer.
  8. You may either use
    VOTE: tags or
    Vote: bold
    to vote during the day.
    1. Unvotes are appreciated however they are not required.
    2. Abbreviations of usernames will count as long as I can identify who it is you're trying to vote.
    3. To lynch someone you will require more than 50.1% of the votes available.
    4. If there is no one above that level of votes at deadline, the day will end in a no lynch

9. Day phases will last a maximum of two weeks, night phases will last a minimum of 48 hours
  10. This game will include a 72 hour Night 0 in which scum will choose their powers

Also have fun and remember this is a game, personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 am, edited 51 times in total.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Setup
(stolen from equinox)

The 12-player Stack the Deck setup is a variable open setup consisting of 9 town-aligned players and 3 mafia-aligned players (2 mafia goons and 1 mafia traitor with 1-shot bulletproof).

Two of the following powers are chosen at random for the town:
  • Bodyguard
  • Goon cop
  • Innocent child
  • Roleblocker
  • Tracker
  • Vigilante
The mafia may elect to receive up to 3 of the following role modifications:
  • Change a goon to bulletproof
  • Change a goon to jack-of-all-trades (1-shot ninja and 1-shot strongman)
  • Change a goon to role cop
  • Recruit the traitor as a mafia goon
  • Enable Day talk for the mafia team
For each additional power that the mafia selects, the town will receive an additional power chosen at random.

Please note the following:
  1. No player will receive more than one role modification.
  2. The mafia traitor is ineligible for any role modifications
    unless
    the mafia team recruits their traitor as a third goon, at which point the new goon may receive role modifications.
  3. All modifications to roles are distributed at the conclusion of Night 0, including the two initial town power roles. Distribution of all role modifications is random.
  4. If both goons (or modified versions thereof) die and the traitor was not recruited, the traitor will gain the factional Night kill ability.
At the beginning of Night 0, all players will receive vanilla role PMs (except the traitor, who will receive a traitor PM). All of the possible initial PMs are listed in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Phase 1 Role PMs
Two people have have received:
Welcome to Open 557, XXX!

You are a
mafia goon
with
YYY
, who is a
mafia goon

You and your partner may talk in this Private Topic.

You may submit for up to 3 additional powers should you choose to do so. The role modifications available are as follows:
  • Change a goon to bulletproof
  • Change a goon to jack-of-all-trades (1-shot ninja and 1-shot strongman)
  • Change a goon to role cop
  • Recruit the traitor as a mafia goon
  • Enable Day talk for the mafia team
Submissions are due by Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at 9:00 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-04-30 21:00:00).

You win when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent such an occurrence, and at least one member of the mafia remains standing.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your alignment and role.
One person has received:

You are a
mafia 1-shot bulletproof traitor
with
YYY
and
ZZZ
, who are
mafia goons

For the first attempt only, if you are targeted with any action that would result in your death, you will survive. This does not include lynches.

You win when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent such an occurrence, and at least one member of the mafia remains standing.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your alignment and role.
Nine people have received:

You are a
town vanilla

You have no special abilities beyond the right to vote.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town remains standing.

At the conclusion of Night 0, any players who have received role modifications will receive new role PMs. All of the possible role PMs are listed in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Phase 2 Role PMs
Jump to: Mafia Roles, Town Roles

Mafia Roles

Jump to: Goon, Traitor, Bulletproof, Jack-of-All-Trades, Role Cop

You are a
mafia goon
with
YYY
, who is a
[YYY's role]
, and
ZZZ
, who is a
[ZZZ's role]

You and your partner(s) may talk in this Private Topic. during the
[Day and/or Night phases, as appropriate]
, and you may choose one player each Night to kill.

You are a
mafia 1-shot bulletproof traitor
with
YYY
and
ZZZ

For the first attempt only, if you are targeted with any action that would result in your death, you will survive. This does not include lynches.

In the event where both of your mafia partners are dead, you will receive the mafia's factional Night kill ability. With this ability, you may choose one player each Night to kill.

You are a
mafia bulletproof
with
YYY
, who is a
[YYY's role]
, and
ZZZ
, who is a
[ZZZ's role]

If you are targeted with any action that would result in your death, you will survive. This does not include lynches.

You and your partner(s) may talk in this Private Topic., and you may choose one player each Night to kill.

You are a
mafia jack-of-all-trades
with
YYY
, who is a
[YYY's role]
, and
ZZZ
, who is a
[ZZZ's role]

You have the following 1-shot abilities:
  • Ninja: Any kill you execute cannot be tracked.
  • Strongman: Any kill you execute cannot be blocked.
You and your partner(s) may talk in this Private Topic., and you may choose one player each Night to kill.

You are a
mafia role cop
with
YYY
, who is a
[YYY's role]
, and
ZZZ
, who is a
[ZZZ's role]

Each Night, you may choose one person to investigate. If your action is successful, you will learn the role of your target. If your action is unsuccessful for any reason, you will receive "No Result."

You and your partner(s) may talk in this Private Topic, and you may choose one player each Night to kill.

Return to Top

Town Roles

Jump to: Vanilla, Bodyguard, Goon Cop, Innocent Child, Roleblocker, Tracker, Vigilante

• [Note: The town vanilla role PM is listed here for convenience; no town vanilla PMs are sent in Phase 2.]

You are a
town vanilla

You have no special abilities beyond the right to vote.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town remains standing.

You are a
town bodyguard

Each Night, you may choose one player to guard. If that player is targeted with any action that Night that would result in his/her death, you will die in his/her place.

You are a
town goon cop

Each Night, you may choose one person to investigate. If your action is successful, you will learn whether that player is "Goon" or "Not Goon." If your action is unsuccessful for any reason, you will receive "No Result."

You are a
town innocent child

You will be confirmed as town-aligned at the start of the game.

You are a
town roleblocker

Each Night, you may choose one person to block. If your action is successful, any active actions taken by your target that Night will not resolve. You will not be informed as to whether or not your action is successful.

You are a
town tracker

Each Night, you may choose one player to track. If your action is successful, you will learn the target of any action that player has taken that Night, if any. If your action is unsuccessful for any reason, you will receive "No Result."

You are a
town vigilante

Each Night, you may choose one player to kill. If your action is successful, that player will die.

Return to Top
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

If your name is not underlined in the first post, it means I have not seen a confirmation receipt from you.
Please fix this asap.
If I have not got one from you at the day start (approx 36 hours) and you post before sending it, I will be force replacing
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Dealing out the stacks, it was discovered there were 12 in this deck. 3 of them looked evil to some description, but upon shuffling they appeared to have changed and I don't know which is which.
Fairly sure this stack is innocent though.

Paschendale is an Innocent Child
[/b]

Day 1 has now begun, and will be due to end on Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 9:40 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-05-14 21:39:58)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by talah »

/first!

VOTE: penguin_alien

Townbloc:

Paschendale
talah
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

Vote: talah

Serious vote

-Koromo
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I'm confirmed town, so I'll wait and take a more bird's eye view of RVS as it unfolds.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

VOTE: pim

Reminds me too much of FiM. That is My little pony Friendship is Magic for those who didn't know.

I think I have only played with penguin and talah.
SeeEmpty
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by SeeEmpty »

VOTE: Voidwalker1234

Well met!
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by tn5421 »

VOTE: talah

I wanted to be first...
WIP
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 3, Cheery Dog wrote:Paschendale is an Innocent Child
[img]http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif
[/img]
This is the best news I've gotten all week.

Vote: talah

For not putting me in her townbloc.
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

VOTE: beastcharizard

I
have
played with you, and you killed my entire family. VENGEANCE!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by Desperado »

;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 10, Desperado wrote:
In post 3, Cheery Dog wrote:Paschendale is an Innocent Child
[img]http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif
[/img]
This is the best news I've gotten all week.
Heh, I'd bitch about kissing up to the IC, but after I misread him for the loss in my last game with him, I don't disagree.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by Desperado »

^That's the "Paschendale was announced as an innocent child pre-game" GIF
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by Desperado »

This setup is way more fun when you're the one stacking the deck. My scum team converted the traitor and took the rolecop and the JOAT. I argued for daytalk as well.

How many additions would you take if you were scum? Open question.
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Hm, day talk and role cop. I'd leave the traitor alone in hopes of confusing town scum hunting processes. BP and JOAT are mostly good for foiling a goon cop and not worth increasing the risk of giving town useful powers. Day talk is fun, and role cop is worth adding one PR to town.

Actually the traitor part might depend on my partner, if I thought we'd work well on our own as judged by pre-game decision-making processes or if I thought a third person would help cohesion. Not sure if I'd do recruitment in addition to or in place of day talk or role cop, given in addition to means five town PRs.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by Desperado »

I didn't find that the 5 PRs was difficult to navigate, really. Especially if you have someone with a good eye for spotting them, you're potentially getting 2 for 1 every night and using your JOAT to dodge them in the process.
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I think I'd still take the potential for communication with more of my team over the JOAT one-shots. The point that that many town PRs makes for easier hunting doesn't hurt. And I guess RB and tracker are the only really dangerous ones. Successful bodyguarding still gets a PR killed, vig can help kill town, IC is apparently immediately publicized, and if the traitor isn't recruited, with a Mafia PR taken instead, goon cop is worthless.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by talah »

Actually the goon cop did have me tending toward scum taking at least 2 picks, possibly 3. But it sounds like you two have played this setup before, so you'd probably have a better idea (and represent it correctly if you're town).

Oh hai Desp, didn't actually realise you were in the list till you posted. Pinky-truce on shitfighting, alignment-independent, mmkay? :P

ed: I gotta re-read the setup
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by Desperado »

Mmhmm. We won D3. Hopefully this scumteam is more in RedCoyote's camp:

Subject: Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)
RedCoyote wrote: One observation I have... if scum do not recruit the Traitor, then the Traitor gets a 1-shot BP power. That could come into play later. Me personally, I think Role Cop would've been worth going for, but that's probably all I'd have wanted.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 19, talah wrote:Oh hai Desp, didn't actually realise you were in the list till you posted. Pinky-truce on shitfighting, alignment-independent, mmkay? :P
:P I don't hold grudges
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by Desperado »

I actually didn't know that taking BP changes you to Mafia Bulletproof. If the traitor is still bulletproof as well if you take BP/rolecop/daytalk I think that'd be optimal.
;)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by talah »

I think possibly JOAT/rolecop/daytalk if you were leaving the traitor unrecruited. BP really only protects one member from vigging compared to the joat which confounds the roleblocker situationally (and possibly the bodyguard).

A lot depends on the team too - daytalk can be really really useless to a scumteam who don't communicate, but funnily I think this type of scumteam would be just as likely to pick it as a scumteam that would use it.

Eh - theory. I'm waiting for everyone to post, not seeing much that's pinging me just yet.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 7, beastcharizard wrote:VOTE: pim

Reminds me too much of FiM. That is My little pony Friendship is Magic for those who didn't know.

I think I have only played with penguin and talah.
This felt town I guess.
;)

Return to “Completed Open Games”